PDA

View Full Version : Rank Radio.

Thecat23
19-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Does anyone listen to this gash? A Yam mate of mine ( i know first mistake there ) always goes on about it and how it's funny listening to the OF slag each other off. For me thats what all wrong about it. Apart from the wee turd Cameron.. Its not a football phone in at all it's an old firm phone in so why not just re-name it that?

I put it on last week and turned it off after 10 mins.. all it was, was adverts and Rangers and Celtic fans moaning about nothing really and that wee pleb sucking up to them. I don't think i hate a radio station so much! It truly is embarrassing and i can't believe its still on.

Rant over :grr:

lyonhibs
19-08-2010, 07:22 PM
its absolutely terrible - brain dead weegies, brain dead pundits. As amusing as a kick to the staines!
I was cursed with a Hun flatmate who considered it obligatory listening on a nightly basis - Jesus wept.

Hank Schrader
19-08-2010, 07:25 PM
its absolutely terrible - brain dead weegies, brain dead pundits. As amusing as a kick to the staines!
I was cursed with a Hun flatmate who considered it obligatory listening on a nightly basis - Jesus wept.

I would have found it difficult not hacking said flatmate into little pieces and then disposing of them in a variety of black bin bags.

Thecat23
19-08-2010, 07:26 PM

Nightmare, I hope you have a new flatmate? I'd end up throwing him out the window if he made me listen to that gash every night!

Twiglet
19-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Ewan Cameron is becoming more and more annoying. I used to listen to it most nights, now i just get it randomly and I'm ready to give up some nights - it really is OF weighty.

saying that, i almost crashed laughing last friday listening to it. roughie was talking about being in edinburgh for the festival, came out a show and saw a tour bus that takes you round all the old relics of Edinburgh, first stop ...Tyncastle.:faf:

Roughie does give it a wee bit balance, I think he despairs of Cameron sometimes.

iwasthere1972
19-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Does anyone listen to this gash? A Yam mate of mine ( i know first mistake there ) always goes on about it and how it's funny listening to the OF slag each other off. For me thats what all wrong about it. Apart from the wee turd Cameron.. Its not a football phone in at all it's an old firm phone in so why not just re-name it that?

I put it on last week and turned it off after 10 mins.. all it was, was adverts and Rangers and Celtic fans moaning about nothing really and that wee pleb sucking up to them. I don't think i hate a radio station so much! It truly is embarrassing and i can't believe its still on.

This is my fav.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r9jYhLxfuA

:faf:

Thecat23
19-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Ewan Cameron is becoming more and more annoying. I used to listen to it most nights, now i just get it randomly and I'm ready to give up some nights - it really is OF weighty.

saying that, i almost crashed laughing last friday listening to it. roughie was talking about being in edinburgh for the festival, came out a show and saw a tour bus that takes you round all the old relics of Edinburgh, first stop ...Tyncastle.:faf:

Roughie does give it a wee bit balance, I think he despairs of Cameron sometimes.

That's funny to be fair.. but even roughy was getting on my nerves when i had it on. It just seems really cringe worthy at times and i just wish they would make it a fair phone in show.

lyonhibs
19-08-2010, 07:34 PM
in fairness, said Hun flatmate was a decent guy outwith his fascination for this hour of total audio arserot. Even he started to despair at the frequency with which the eponymous 'Davie from Bathgate' or 'Billie fae Larkhall' wud fone in to spout the same old rubbish. Cameron is a utter tit as well.

Ryan91
19-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I remember when Talk 107 was still up and running, East Coast Football Phone In was brilliant Monday to Thursday 7pm til 10pm and then on a Sunday afternoon, ah it was bliss, no OF rubbish all things East Coast, perfect. Pity it closed down, I think that a group of us .netters should flood the show with calls to keep those west coast air heads off the air.

Thecat23
19-08-2010, 07:36 PM
This is my fav.

:faf::faf: I mind that, was superb!

Thecat23
19-08-2010, 07:38 PM
I remember when Talk 107 was still up and running, East Coast Football Phone In was brilliant Monday to Thursday 7pm til 10pm and then on a Sunday afternoon, ah it was bliss, no OF rubbish all things East Coast, perfect. Pity it closed down, I think that a group of us .netters should flood the show with calls to keep those west coast air heads off the air.

I mind that and it was good to listen too.. I agree with the bit in bold we should mate.. but i bet you all the money you like we wouldn't get on the show over the weegies.

Davy Mac
19-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Every day is like Groundhog day.

Why they can't talk about issues effecting every club in Scotland and encouraging all fans to debate is beyond me.

Time to change the format or it will die.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2010, 07:52 PM
It is mainly Old Firm fans who are on, but that's not the station's fault as they can only take the calls that they get.

I personally don't listen to it all that often as the Old Firm fans who are on generally share a brain cell with a gnat but I think Alan Rough can be quite humorous at times.

.Sean.
19-08-2010, 07:54 PM
:faf::faf: I mind that, was superb!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57S5UmJjViM

My favourite. Cameron is a Jambo fud, even the Jambo's think he's an erse.

''You styin' in the night?'' :faf:

iwasthere1972
19-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Your typical Sellick fan on the radio having a debate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYHD3uiiZPQ&feature=related

Your typical Sellick fan on TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksRMKsdF2do&feature=related

:devil:

Thecat23
19-08-2010, 08:09 PM
It is mainly Old Firm fans who are on, but that's not the station's fault as they can only take the calls that they get.

I personally don't listen to it all that often as the Old Firm fans who are on generally share a brain cell with a gnat but I think Alan Rough can be quite humorous at times.

Thats the thing it is though mate, because if they talked about the rest of the SPL they would get more fans calling in. But because they always talk about the OF they only get OF fans calling.

NaeTechnoHibby
19-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Please don't dismiss Alan Rough :thumbsup:

He is a Patron of the Dnipro Kids charity :thumbsup:

Along with Sir Paddy of Stanton and Grant Stott :notworthy:

jane_says
19-08-2010, 08:58 PM
This is my fav.

classic.

made even better when the last line is "a comfortable victory in the end for hibs. You gonna stop crying so i can talk?"

Thecat23
19-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Please don't dismiss Alan Rough :thumbsup:

He is a Patron of the Dnipro Kids charity :thumbsup:

Along with Sir Paddy of Stanton and Grant Stott :notworthy:

Ah fair do's, I take back what i said about Roughy :agree:

Moody Mulder
19-08-2010, 09:08 PM

that radio station makes your ears bleed keep well away !!

ekhibee
20-08-2010, 12:04 AM
I actually don't mind Real Radio, it's that programme that I hate, so I don't listen to it. It should always be remembered that a sensationalist is only interested in sensationalist news which half of the time is fictitious. Hence why Keith Jackson and Ewen Cameron get on so well, and also why very few teams outside the OF are mentioned. What used to really get to me (when I did listen from time to time) was how Cameron just kept on having cheap digs at Hibs, and because the show is mostly old firm orientated, he knew he was going to get away with it, because most of the OF fans that phone up care didleysquat about the rest of Scottish football. I don't listen to it anymore, but maybe it would be a good idea to actually get through to Cameron on the show, and ask him outright how the programme is in any way representative of Scottish football as a whole. But as you're probably vetted before you get on, and don't have anything to discuss about the Old Firm specifically, there's virtually no chance of that happening.

DCI Gene Hunt
20-08-2010, 06:21 AM
I gave up listening to Weege Radio a long time ago. Listened to the phone-in at night a couple of times, total mince, Huns and Smelltic fans getting wound up over the same old boring discussions, complete and utter keech. Roughie was funny though at times, winding them up deliberately.

They used to play good music too, not so nowadays.

It's a weegie station, hence the weegie footy talk. No big surprise. :yawn: :zzzzz!:

Gene

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Can't listen to this nonsense. Almost all the callers have clearly never attended a football game in their lives, and sit in front of the box pretending to be OF and half of them sound like they should be calling the samaritans rather than a football talk program.

emmjayfox
20-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Ewan Cameron was a victim of the school bullies at Tynecastle school. Shame really :take that

Hainan Hibs
20-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I don't like how the majority of callers get my hopes up for non OF chat, then let me down nearly everytime.

"Now here's Jim fae Inverness" (Cue me thinking it will be about Caley) "Just waaantin tae talk aboot Rangers byraway" :boo hoo:

"Bob fae Aberdeen how you doing?" (Fantastic, a few laughs off the sheep) " Ah'm sick ah hearing aboot Lenny byraway, Ah'm a Rangers man" :boo hoo:

"Davie fae Edinburgh how ye daein?" (Great some Hibs chat maybe!) "Ah'm ah Sellic man byraway and wur lifting the title this year":boo hoo:

The show is just full of Old Firm muppets who have never been to Glasgow nevermind Septic Park or Hunbrox.

Roughy also comes out with some of the most cringeworthy patter and Euan is an absolute knob of a man.

DCI Gene Hunt
20-08-2010, 09:50 AM
I've often thought about that too. How is it that no matter where the callers come from they all support Ra Gers or Smelltic?

Sends me to sleep. Ind thiy aw seem tae tawk like weegies, yi ken? Evin if thur fae Invurness ur Ayberdeen, ken? Thit's weerd tha', eh, ji' no find that' funny, ken whit am sayin' big man? :bitchy:

Gene

Green&White
20-08-2010, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VS51RretaQ&feature=related

this is hilarious!

roughie is the only thing thats good about it. ewan cameron is a fud. the usual hearts fan eh.

blairwallace
20-08-2010, 01:38 PM
i use to always listen to it when i was ever in the car waiting for someone to talk about hibs, i'm still waiting.

deeks01
20-08-2010, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VS51RretaQ&feature=related

this is hilarious!

roughie is the only thing thats good about it. ewan cameron is a fud. the usual hearts fan eh.

i was endin myself at that... then among all the drunken gobbledeygook the guy mentions hes from kelloholm... a whole 10 minutes away!! I'm so ashamed :-( :faf:

aberhibsfc
21-08-2010, 08:16 AM
i use to always listen to it when i was ever in the car waiting for someone to talk about hibs, i'm still waiting.

Same here.

There is nothing new to be heard on there. It used to be funny listening to the errant rambling of bubbling baboons when trading fouls, tackles, cards and decisions not given.

They thrive at the bottom end of the genetic pool even those who break the mould, come from Glasgow attend the games and are not on benefits still enjoy a sport of bigotery.

I don't listen to it any more, Cameron is an inept jambo elmer. He tries to make it sound more entertaining by laughing here and there then laughing, then laughing. It's like listening to a cheeky school boy with a mike. Any Jambo I've ever heard with a mike doesn't have anything interesting to say. He doesn't even use the platform to highlight the way the clubs run. Like all the other believers, despite reality, he still thinks that Hearts will split the OF if not win the title.

I prefer to listen to Sportsound or if I am caught doing a tedious task and it's not on, I listen to Radio 5, ok you have to survive the occaisional flag waving but at least it isn't full of Weegie Beast Tormemtors. You'll also hear Pat Nevin on there sharing his football wisdom. At least you get some information.

BroxburnHibee
22-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Resurrecting this thread as I just noticed they've had to close their Facebook page because of bigoted comments being posted.

What happens when you get into bed with the OF :hilarious

Alex Trager
22-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I listen to it and must admit i like it, it is annoying listening to the of just moaning but if you've got a problem with it, why not just phone up and talk about hibs, hearts, dundee united or whatnot. And i also cant wait for when deek is pulling away infront of the east and scratchill comes up to him, he stops the ball puts it through his legs and scratchill falls derek runs past and how can i put it, shapes for the shot and roughy erupts and ewan starts to cry in the stands on live radio, or maybe even like the one when he did start cryin on air when the reporter told him it was no joke and O'Connor has actually just won the game with the last kick of the ball

just_joe
22-10-2010, 07:50 PM

FalkirkHibee - I do agree with you that the station can't help who phones the show but the way I see it is that they don't do anything before they start taken calls to help encourage non OF supporters to phone in. With the recent going's on in Scottish football wouldn't it help to say "Calderwood as Hibernian manager - your opinions please" "Recent going's on at Dundee" "hearts poor home form can it improve against St Mirren" but instead im guessing the comments tonight will be "What will neil Lennon's celebration be on Sunday?" "what will Walter Smith have for his pre match meal" On a serious note though....they seem to forget that theres more than two teams in Scotland. Ive complained many times on ewen Camerons facebook page but everytime the comment gets deleted. truth hurts I guess. Regardless of what team the eejit supports hes still a first class t1t.:bye:

Brizo
23-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Cameron is an effete posh boy whose attempts to come across as a gadgie with the shell suit and devil dog callers "awright buddy" and "hows it goin Jamesie" are as cringeworthy and fake as the programme. He'd probably rather be getting his back waxed in Harvey Nicks while sipping a Pinot Grigiot. In that regard he probably is a real Jambo and not a shockjock whos had to pick a team to get the gig.

Lowest common denominator programming which is all about filling airtime and generating advertising at the cheapest possible cost to the radio company. Any similarity to football debate is purely accidental.Cameron says white , Roughie says black , the Jeremy Kyle OF supporters club choke on their temazapan and get straight on their stolen mobbys. A programme made by morons for OF morons ... imho

BroxburnHibee
23-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Cameron is an effete posh boy whose attempts to come across as a gadgie with the shell suit and devil dog callers "awright buddy" and "hows it goin Jamesie" are as cringeworthy and fake as the programme. He'd probably rather be getting his back waxed in Harvey Nicks while sipping a Pinot Grigiot. In that regard he probably is a real Jambo and not a shockjock whos had to pick a team to get the gig.

Lowest common denominator programming which is all about filling airtime and generating advertising at the cheapest possible cost to the radio company. Any similarity to football debate is purely accidental.Cameron says white , Roughie says black , the Jeremy Kyle OF supporters club choke on their temazapan and get straight on their stolen mobbys. A programme made by morons for OF morons ... imho

If you knew him at all you'd know how funny that is :greengrin

His programme is pish though :agree: