At The Edge
19-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Up on Sky Sports news
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6323579,00.html

M11BMO
19-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Up on Sky Sports news

:worried: Hope nothing comes of this... New contract please Mr Petrie.

19-08-2010, 04:49 PM
According to Wikipedia Nalchik got a prize as the second cleanest city in Russia in 2003.
Presumably it's deteriorated since then.

Big_D
19-08-2010, 04:50 PM
"Former Celtic striker" that gives me the boak

Borders Hibby
19-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Up on Sky Sports news

Cant imagine Riordan going to Russia.:agree:

19-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Cant imagine Riordan going to Russia.:agree:

You never know, he has a family know and I guess the money is going to be pretty good over there. If a huddy like McGeady is on £40,000 a week tax free then even if Riordan was on half that then a 3 year contract will set him and his family up for the rest of their lives.

19-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Mr Petrie needs to get a new contract set up! I reckon that Riordan has the same motives as Maldini..obviosly completely different players but in an interview Maldini said"why would I move I play for the team I love! getting paid very well todo it!" riordan would love to stay we need him to sign..has been the best finisher of a ball in SPL for past few years! Seems to have to screwed the nut abit too and to Hibs..There is not a value that can be matched for his departure.

Brads Laing
19-08-2010, 05:15 PM
If he does go it should be for no less than 2 million

19-08-2010, 05:17 PM
If he does go it should be for no less than 2 million

Nae danger we will get even half that, His contract expires next summer.

Cannae see Deek going there masel but like O'connor he could set himself up with a nice little nest egg for years to come.

Deek in Russia? Its a no no for me.

19-08-2010, 05:27 PM
could he not got Russia for huge fee...stay a year and come back to Hibs loaded and happy to play out last 4/5 years at ER :rolleyes: then everyones happy

19-08-2010, 05:31 PM
No the best wording from the journo in that article:

"Riordan has become the latest SPL import to be linked with a move to the Russian Premier League with mid-table Spartak said to be keen on the Scottish international's services."

19-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Riordan transfer rumour from skysports.com number 422. How do they get so many of them? It's genuinely strange.

Www1875hfc
19-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Why dont we just offer him a contract and throw in a testimonial..:thumbsup:
New stadium, with a quality opposition = full house.Sorted.:greengrin

Stay for the rest of your career deeks,and keep climbing the scoring charts to become an all time great.

:notworthy::notworthy:

19-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Don't see Derek going there so soon after the birth of his first child.

Should he decide that the money is irrefusable though, Hibs can basically do nothing more than decide whether to sell him now, or lose him later.

19-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Wonder if his bairn is eating Ruskies yet ...:rolleyes:

Big_D
19-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Wonder if his bairn is eating Ruskies yet ...:rolleyes:

Probably give him the Trotskies

19-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Don't see Derek going there so soon after the birth of his first child.

Should he decide that the money is irrefusable though, Hibs can basically do nothing more than decide whether to sell him now, or lose him later.

Thing is, with the birth of a new child it is probably the best time for a pro footballer to consider a move to be honest. No schooling issues, given the wee one is so young no language barriers/issues, and the money Hibs won't match in a million years. The two year sacrifice (if made) is worth it in my eyes (not that I want Derek to leave.....he is playing out his skin at present). Let's just hope that Derek's "homebird" attitude is still very much to the fore and he is settled and happy where he is.

CraigK
19-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Hmmn, no direct quotes and we're playing the huns on sunday........

19-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Typical Glasgow media! Happens before every big game! Never see rumours of the filth before they play Hibs. Wish the Ugly sisters had been allowed to pollute England!

Bookkeeper
19-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Hmmn, no direct quotes and we're playing the huns on sunday........

Yip. Lot of crapski again! :bitchy:

19-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Any sign of a new contract from Hibs yet - why are we waiting? :greengrin

zosohibee
19-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Moscow were after him when they got O' Connor but he stayed because of the language barrier. Hes stated he wants to stay with Hibs and he's just had a kid who he presumably wants to grow up in Edinburgh and not Russia.

delbert
19-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Riordan will be offered a new contract shortly, but one designed to make him refuse the terms, Hibs are actively trying to get him out the door, and I can tell you I am as pi$$ed off as anyone about this. The guy is class on the field, unfortunately Hibs have had enough of what goes on off the field. Cue messages about Jambo, and Source, lets just say I am, unfortunately, reasonably sure about the info on this one.

19-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Riordan will be offered a new contract shortly, but one designed to make him refuse the terms, Hibs are actively trying to get him out the door, and I can tell you I am as pi$$ed off as anyone about this. The guy is class on the field, unfortunately Hibs have had enough of what goes on off the field. Cue messages about Jambo, and Source, lets just say I am, unfortunately, reasonably sure about the info on this one.

What would this be?:confused:

19-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Jeezo, are our players no longer allowed to have bairns? :greengrin

19-08-2010, 07:43 PM

Why would they even bother offering him a contract in the first place?
Reasonably sure? Oooooooooooooooooookay.:greengrin

19-08-2010, 07:48 PM
They can have him.

For 100 million :greengrin

19-08-2010, 07:54 PM

All sounds a bit of a Jamboish thing to do.

The "off the field" stuff is a bit old hat as well.

If Deeks earns a big money move then he will leave with my blessing, at the end of the day fitbas careers are short enough but I've got a sneaking suspicion he might just shxte on the Jambos for another season yet.......:greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-08-2010, 08:50 PM

baws...smelly baws at that :agree:

19-08-2010, 09:18 PM
I would love to see Deeks stay but with his contract expiring at the end of the season, he might just fancy a crack at Russian football and the wages are very good over there. I just hope Petrie signs him up on a new deal and also most of the other players that are going to be out of contract at the end of the season i.e. Miller, McBride, Bamba(looks very unlikely he will be here next season), Zemamma(looks very unlikely he will be here next season) etc.

19-08-2010, 09:48 PM
No chance Riordan would go to Russia. Non story.

19-08-2010, 10:16 PM

emmjayfox
19-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Not a hope in hell of him going to Russia. Hes happy at Hibs and in Edinburgh near his family and mates. His fingers have been burnt once already and Rod knows that, a contract IMO will be offered when Rods ready and not a second sooner :greengrin

Kevvy1875
19-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Whats happening off the field then?

19-08-2010, 10:42 PM

Such as??? Lets be honest we all know Deek "was" a bit of a knacker but for christ sake he got into some trouble in nightclubs!!! How many of us on here could say we have not done the same and had we been a bit more high profile would probably be in the same boat as him.

However, in my 30 years on this planet Deek is without doubt one of the best i have seen at Easter Rd. We could sell him for what?? 1mil at a push, if i won the lotto i would pay 1m just to see one of his goals light up our home !!!!!:notworthy: Sign him up, make sure he is set for life with a decent contract and beyond that maybe even a coaching role for our young strikers coming through!!!!

19-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I'd be amazed if we don't offer him a long term contract soon. He'd score 20+ goals a season if he was in his right position, he's always wanted to stay at Hibs and would never have left if certain people hadn't effectively forced him out.

Stokes will almost certainly be sold on in the next twelve months, so we can't afford to lose two great strikers. I expect him to be offered a four year, £5k a week contract soon.

19-08-2010, 11:03 PM

Is Tam trying to get rid cos he moaned about his pitch? :greengrin

Yogi handed him the Captains armband for a few games over the summer and he was up being interviewed after the game at the weekend, not really things you would let a player be responsible for if you were trying to get rid IMHO... :agree:

Skanko79
19-08-2010, 11:06 PM
deek wants to sign a new deal. wether he will be offered one or not is a very different story.

19-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Yep same old we're playing one of the Old Firm and suddenly one of our best players is leaving? We've seen it all before

20-08-2010, 12:21 AM

:troll:

20-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Yep same old we're playing one of the Old Firm and suddenly one of our best players is leaving? We've seen it all before

:agree: happens all the time :yawn:

20-08-2010, 06:49 AM
He wont go to russia

20-08-2010, 07:44 AM

It's been a while since Derek got himself into any bother.

If you stopped listening to Yams and started paying attention to what's actually happening you would have noticed that.

IFONLY
20-08-2010, 09:57 AM

What has gone on off the field ??? There have been no stories re Riordans behaviour over the past few months, he has only been turned away from night clubs ffs he is not a criminal. To say you are reasonably sure about your info on this pray tell us your sourceor is it all just a figment of your imagination!

DCI Gene Hunt
20-08-2010, 11:00 AM
I suspect this is merely Weegie Media pish in the run-up to a game with the OF. :zzzzz!:

Nothing to see here - move along. Do not feed any Yam trolls on the way...

Gene

20-08-2010, 11:23 AM
This thread seems to have weeded out a few......

20-08-2010, 11:54 AM
No chance Riordan would go to Russia. Non story.

Lets not put that theory to the test....new contract please Mr Petrie!

20-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Typical Glasgow media! Happens before every big game! Never see rumours of the filth before they play Hibs. Wish the Ugly sisters had been allowed to pollute England!

Sky Sports are part of the Glasgow media? Jeez, the paranioa has ratcheted up recently, huh?

Absolute pish.

deek wants to sign a new deal. wether he will be offered one or not is a very different story.

It was in the media last week that he wanted to stay so that's hardly revelation of the year. He'll be offered a contract. Guaranteed.

20-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Alternative text for this article.

Dear Rod,

Get yer finger oot, eh?

Awrabest

Jim McArthur

20-08-2010, 12:37 PM

Dear Rod,

Get yer finger oot, eh?

Awrabest

Jim McArthur

Spot on sir.

20-08-2010, 12:42 PM

Dear Rod,

Get yer finger oot, eh?

Awrabest

Jim McArthur

But is Rod getting the message.

20-08-2010, 12:45 PM
But is Rod getting the message.

I don't think Rod needs telling, I think he needs convincing.

20-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Here is Nalchik on a map - just along the road from Chechnya:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=nalchik&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.905102,28.256836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Nalchik,+Republic+of+Kabardino-Balkaria,+Russian+Federation&ll=53.225768,63.105469&spn=49.032029,113.027344&z=3

Can you seriously imagine Deek - who, allegedly, found Germany a bit too far from home and moved to Celtic instead - upping sticks and heading to the Caucasus?

20-08-2010, 01:36 PM
sign him for 3 years and big wages, then sell him for a wad?

Not that I would like to see him go, its just that I wouldnt like to see us get peanuts for him if he were to go.

Billy McKirdy
20-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Sky Sports are part of the Glasgow media? Jeez, the paranioa has ratcheted up recently, huh?

Errm...you just look at any Sky Sports TV schedules everytime they are published and you can see that Sky are as much in cahoots with the OF as the BBC, STV, The Sun and The Daily Rankers...no paranoia there just an acceptance of the truth, plus, we are playing one of the uglys this weekend as has been pointed out by a few posters already. most of the media (including the Edinburgh published Scotsman) will do anything to be sweet to that pair, there is nothing in this story apart from an underhand attempt to unsettle our team before playing the chosen two.:rolleyes:

20-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Selling Riordan makes no sense what so ever.

If we dont add to the current sqaud then its vital we keep Riordan if we have any aspirations to gain another european place.

IMHO i think Riordan will sign thee contract put under his nose if presented.

It makes Hughes job a helleva lot more harder if Deek left, Sacked? Maybe.

We lost Riordan once, Dont ever let that happen again Hibs.

You can call him lazy/pisheid whatever the term you wanna put on it, the bare fact is Riordan is a fans favourite, Hero, Legend ,Whatever you wanna call it and IF he were to leave Easter RD the gate figured would be affected, FACT.

The silence from Hibs regarding a new deal for the laddie is deafning.

The most natural finisher in the the Scottish game today, Dont let him go Petrie, Im 99% convinced Derek would pen a new deal if the terms were right.

20-08-2010, 08:56 PM

If we dont add to the current sqaud then its vital we keep Riordan if we have any aspirations to gain another european place.

You can call him lazy/pisheid whatever the term you wanna put on it, the bare fact is Riordan is a fans favourite, Hero, Legend ,Whatever you wanna call it and IF he were to leave Easter RD the gate figured would be affected, FACT.

The most natural finisher in the the Scottish game today, Dont let him go Petrie, Im 99% convinced Derek would pen a new deal if the terms were right.

:agree::agree: Could not agree more.

blairwallace
20-08-2010, 08:58 PM
for anyone who speaks russian

е*** прочь от России!

as said before he can be lazy or whatever but he is a fans favourite, personally for the yams feelings towards him!
also he's a goal scorer and he plays left midfield, his un-natural position

Riordans Boots
21-08-2010, 02:23 PM

21-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Errm...you just look at any Sky Sports TV schedules everytime they are published and you can see that Sky are as much in cahoots with the OF as the BBC, STV, The Sun and The Daily Rankers...no paranoia there just an acceptance of the truth, plus, we are playing one of the uglys this weekend as has been pointed out by a few posters already. most of the media (including the Edinburgh published Scotsman) will do anything to be sweet to that pair, there is nothing in this story apart from an underhand attempt to unsettle our team before playing the chosen two.:rolleyes:

David Murray's contact centre may just supply rangers and sky interesting...

21-08-2010, 02:46 PM

No paranoia in that at all then. Don't know what I was thinking.

21-08-2010, 02:54 PM

:aok: You can add my John Henry to the above post too.