please play SOL just before the players come out!!!! get the place rockin

iwasthere1972
19-08-2010, 04:10 PM

I think Bamba is playing but he'll just run out with the other players. :agree:

marinello59
19-08-2010, 04:13 PM

Please don't. It works on certain occasions but generally it's an atmosphere killer.

greenlex
19-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Half time when we are 2-0 up should do the trick.

Phil D. Rolls
19-08-2010, 06:22 PM
SOL, the anthem for the terminally unimaginative. :yawn:

HibeeSince85
19-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Please don't. It works on certain occasions but generally it's an atmosphere killer.

If overplayed then yeah but it should have been used before Maribor but the whole pre match build up was poor from Hibs I think.

Definately believe it would work against the huns though, it is being marked as a special occasion after all, play our anthem 5 minutes before with what should be the biggest crowd we have had in Easter Road for over a decade and I think it'll work a treat.

Phil D. Rolls
19-08-2010, 06:30 PM
If overplayed then yeah but it should have been used before Maribor but the whole pre match build up was poor from Hibs I think.

Definately believe it would work against the huns though, it is being marked as a special occasion after all, play our anthem 5 minutes before with what should be the biggest crowd we have had in Easter Road for over a decade and I think it'll work a treat.

Shurely "FACT"?

Remember the AEK Athens match - jeez they crumbled after that. But if it would definitely work, and it's the biggest crowd at Easter Road in a decade I'm all for it and so is my wife.

FACT

HibeeSince85
19-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Shurely "FACT"?

Remember the AEK Athens match - jeez they crumbled after that. But if it would definitely work, and it's the biggest crowd at Easter Road in a decade I'm all for it and so is my wife.

FACT

Clearly doesn't work for you then

FACT:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
19-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Clearly doesn't work for you then

FACT:wink:

I love the song, but it only flattens the crowd I'm afraid. The tune is too hard for them, and so are the lyrics. In my experience we don't do any better after it has been played.

DE FACTO (Whatever that means).:greengrin

lyonhibs
19-08-2010, 06:37 PM
of all the words that describe S.o.L effect on the crowd, 'rocking' wudnt be 1 of them.

HibeeSince85
19-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I love the song, but it only flattens the crowd I'm afraid. The tune is too hard for them, and so are the lyrics. In my experience we don't do any better after it has been played.

DE FACTO (Whatever that means).:greengrin

Don't get me wrong, before Motherwell Killie etc I completely agree, personally think it would add to the atmosphere.

Never said it makes us any better though, if it did i've have the DJ harrassed before every game to get it played:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
19-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Don't get me wrong, before Motherwell Killie etc I completely agree, personally think it would add to the atmosphere.

Never said it makes us any better though, if it did i've have the DJ harrassed before every game to get it played:greengrin

Yeah but our match day compere couldn't blow his hat off if his brains were made of dynamite.

I know a lot of people like it, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. My choice to get things going would be Paranoid by Black Sabbath, or Into the Valley by the Skids (if someone else hadn't got there first that is).

Greentinted
19-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah but our match day compere couldn't blow his hat off if his brains were made of dynamite.

I know a lot of people like it, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. My choice to get things going would be Paranoid by Black Sabbath, or Into the Valley by the Skids (if someone else hadn't got there first that is).

Dunfy claimed that a guid while ago. Fairs fair what wi Stuart Adamson's Pars connection.

SaulGoodman
19-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Half time when we are 2-0 up should do the trick.

I'd take full time after we win 4-0 :thumbsup:

hfc rd
19-08-2010, 09:29 PM
How about "I'm Gonna Be(500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers. That is a tune that is capable of getting Easter Road rocking.

new malkyhib
19-08-2010, 09:43 PM
How about "I'm Gonna Be(500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers. That is a tune that is capable of getting Easter Road rocking.

What about this classic? It'll get the place jumping, guaranteed.

John Campbell can also put his white skinners on and tie his scarf around his wrist eh John?:wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUKze6da7Uo

sesoim
19-08-2010, 10:46 PM

I'm not saying I can't stand it, but I'd rather we keep it for the next time we win the Scottish Cup. :wink:

Archie70
19-08-2010, 10:58 PM
what about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GQMIXGRjaw

classic

Big90inOz
20-08-2010, 03:05 AM
It's simple

Players come out, the whole of East starts bouncing. Hopefully the other stands will join in.... Place is rocking :thumbsup:

Peevemor
20-08-2010, 06:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x07nZ3AQ47M&feature=related

:partyhibb :thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
20-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Much as I like S.O. L. not everone knows it. We need a song that everybody can sing, a bit like, dare I say it, Killie with 'Paper Roses' or the Arabs with 'Love is in the Air'. Simple, easy to sing, clear lyrics, that can be belted out, that nobody else uses. I just don't know what.

For Sunday, I'd go for a playlist of the songs played at the end of the CIS cup final, 500 miles, Fratellis, etc. that should ensure the place is bouncing.

When the bigots sing their bile, don't boo, but sing louder.

C'mon the Cabbage.:notworthy:

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2010, 08:34 AM
what about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GQMIXGRjaw

classic

Mmmm hmmm!

Though 'Questions and Answers' might be more appropriate, depending on Yogi's team selection.

Moulin Yarns
20-08-2010, 10:17 AM
We need a song that everybody can sing, a bit like, dare I say it, Killie with 'Paper Roses' or the Arabs with 'Love is in the Air'. Simple, easy to sing, clear lyrics, that can be belted out, that nobody else uses. I just don't know what.

Now I'm talking to myself...

How about an adaptation of (or the original) Queen's "Kind of Magic"? Doesn't need to be the full thing. OK, I'll get my coat.

Hibs are kind of magic
Hibs are kind of magic
A kind of magic
One dream one soul, one prize
One goal, one golden glance of what should be
Hibs are kind of magic
One shaft of light that shows the way
No mortal man can win this day
Hibs are kind of magic
The bell that rings inside your mind
Is challenging the doors of time
Hibs are kind of magic