PDA

View Full Version : Rangers about to spend £3m+

Captain Trips
19-08-2010, 12:37 PM
On this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikica_Jelavi%C4%87

I think any songs of no money might well be kept to a minimum, they might not have great riches but they have enough to upset any players in our squad if they fancy.

truehibernian
19-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Celtic did them a huge financial favour by going out of the CL. Still, they have brought in a journeyman striker from down south who wouldn't lace Boyd's scoring boots, a guy on loan who hasn't played for two seasons, and a striker only Rangers seem to have been after, with a decent scoring record in mighty Austria. I seem to recall they spent $2million on a guy from Austria Vienna once. He was really really good eh...............Seeeeebo, Seeeeebo :greengrin He was worse than Nade. Can't see Lloyds sanctioning much more spending so I wouldn't worry about Rangers anymore to be brutally honest. If someone can get between them and Celtic this season or next they will be in a perilous position IMHO. Yes they can service the debt, but that is all they will be able to do. Long may it continue for that horrible, bigotted, disgusting little club.

Captain Trips
19-08-2010, 12:52 PM
I am not saying it has been spent wisely or the guy is good, just the talk they have no money but can spend £3m+ for a player.

truehibernian
19-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Not a dig at you Carlsberg, but in a way, if they didn't invest a portion of the seasons/merchandising/CL money/transfer fees, their odious little fans would grumble and walk. Take away the glory and Rangers fans are more fickle than Celtic fans. This little investment (bearing in mind the money they have recouped) will appease them slightly and make them think they are great again. Until they get trounced in Europe, their fans do their usual rampaging and fighting abroad, and Lloyds install a Celtic supporting Chief Exec :greengrin

magpie1892
19-08-2010, 01:21 PM
The player himself says he wants to use Rangers as a stepping stone to the EPL so this purchase will have been OK'd by Lloyds on the understanding they sell him within a certain time frame I would have thought. They wouldn't get this money for someone they couldn't sell on, no way.

hfc rd
19-08-2010, 09:06 PM
I think he is going to sign for Rangers very soon. I don't think he was playing for Rapid Vienna tonight against Aston Villa.

Thecat23
19-08-2010, 09:10 PM
The player himself says he wants to use Rangers as a stepping stone to the EPL so this purchase will have been OK'd by Lloyds on the understanding they sell him within a certain time frame I would have thought. They wouldn't get this money for someone they couldn't sell on, no way.

What if he breaks his leg? Then where would Rangers stand with the bank? Because anything can happen to a player and to bank on buying someone just to sell in a year or two is very risky!

Jones28
19-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Not a dig at you Carlsberg, but in a way, if they didn't invest a portion of the seasons/merchandising/CL money/transfer fees, their odious little fans would grumble and walk. Take away the glory and Rangers fans are more fickle than Celtic fans. This little investment (bearing in mind the money they have recouped) will appease them slightly and make them think they are great again. Until they get trounced in Europe, their fans do their usual rampaging and fighting abroad, and Lloyds install a Celtic supporting Chief Exec :greengrin

WAIT A MINUTE!

Are you suggesting that Rangers fans can be Disloyal to the club they love so much?!?!

joe breezy
20-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Has there been any more on that Russian investor story for them?