PDA

View Full Version : NHC Are You Free on Saturday?

leith
19-08-2010, 12:07 PM
The Hibs game is Sunday, so a few of you might be free this Saturday.

If so, why don't you come watch the other Leith team, Leith Athletic FC. Our East of Scotland 1st team have a game against our local rivals, Craigroyston FC in the 1st Round of the Alex Jack Cup, which we won last season.

Kick off is 2:30pm and the game will be played at Civil Service Sports Ground, Marine Drive, Edinburgh. Entry to the game is free, but there will be a match programme on sale for £2.00.

Come along and give us some support.

JCHibby
19-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Only if they play Nicky Ingram upfront and Eug at Left Back.:wink:

H18sry
19-08-2010, 01:30 PM
"Mon the Craigie" :wink:

Ronaldo9
19-08-2010, 03:25 PM
If Leith Athletic were playing in my back garden I'd close the curtains. Horrible little club who are more interested in making money and winning trophies than developing young kids.

sambajustice
19-08-2010, 03:35 PM
IS eugene the manager still there? LOL, what a hoot. He used to go banana's all the time!

Although they did have Kevin Thomas at one point!

A few of my mates played for Heriot Watt a few years ago and I took my video camera along to film them one day against Edinburgh Athletic. The Edinburgh manager was going nuts and he caught me filming him! ha ha! I thought he was going to chase me! lol!

Diclonius
19-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Afraid I'm going to the Angus derby on the Saturday to cheer on Arbroath. 'Mon the first Maroons. :duck:

Boris
19-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I watched the second half of the "Zebras" game against Peebles Rovers at Muirhouse on Saturday when they won 6-0 & it was a bit one-sided to really judge anything. Took in the whole game against Berwick Rangers Reserves at Shielfield last night & was quite impressed with what is a fairly young side. Played some good football, well organised, clearly a good team spirit, and stood up well to the physical side of the game. Early days yet but 10 goals scored, none conceded & sitting top of the League - can't be bad. Certainly plan to take in Saturday's cup tie with Hibs not playing until Sunday - well, long as its no raining like!

leith
20-08-2010, 07:16 PM
IS eugene the manager still there? LOL, what a hoot. He used to go banana's all the time!

No he's not. A good Hibby called Willie McFarlane is now in charge.

Come down tomorrow if you can as it should be a cracker.