PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates The Declaration of an Amnesty

Hibs12thMan
19-08-2010, 09:01 AM
SUNDAY is going to be a great occasion for all the supporters of HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB and everyone else involved with OUR football Club.

This celebration an ideal opportunity for everyone to put aside, even if its just for the day, any negativity towards OUR Club; the players playing for OUR Club; all the staff of OUR Club, aye even the ticket office, and the Directors, the current guardians, of OUR great football Club.

So for just this one day of celebration the Hibs 12th Man proposes a complete amnesty.

For the duration of Sunday’s game, we at the Hibs 12th Man, propose the target man of the recent abuse – and the wee midfielder that sometimes plays alongside him – are given a break; there will be no bombscare in our team on Sunday and stray passes will be accepted as just a wee mistake that isn't exactly the end of the world.

Instead of the abuse, try and encourage – come on [insert players name but we all know who!] you know you can do better than that – instead of – you're p!sh and no’ fit to wear the jersey ya …. . Lets give the booed players the same slack as the heroes. Lets intercept these stray passes with encouraging the players to get the ball back. If you cant bring yourself to encourage bite your tongue!

As your Granny used to say ‘If you cant say anything nice, don’t say anything at all’. Listen to your Gran, Nana is/was always right! :agree:

If you are in an area where someone is having a go at the players shout louder than them, everybody shout louder than them. This is OUR day of celebration. :thumbsup:

You never know you wee doubters out there you might get to like it! :cool2:

Of course this only goes for Hibs players. What you shout at the opposition players on Sunday is a completely different matter. If you want to vent your frustration after a hard week at home or at work take it out on the Rangers players. :greengrin The Hibs 12th Man would however recommend that we show them, at least, the same level of respect that they show us when we visit Ibrox. :wink:

Has your Missus found that flag yet? :rolleyes: You might have to give her a hand, 2 days to go!

JA

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2010, 10:14 AM
:top marks:agree::notworthy:

Diclonius
19-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Ahm no' taking my flag, it's a nightmare to put back up on the wall. :grr:

Otherwise, I'm in the singing section and won't let up for 90 minutes. :thumbsup:

'Mon the Hibs.

hibbymac
19-08-2010, 10:37 AM
:applause::scarf::party::flag:

Stevie Reid
19-08-2010, 11:09 AM
****ing mon' the Cabbage!

The pressure is off on Sunday after our excellent away win last week - I would've accepted 3 draws from our opening 3 fixtures and we already have as many points as those results would've produced.

Rangers will allow us to play football and not get in our faces like many SPL teams, so let's relax and try and produce a great performance on our wonderful new pitch in front of our beatifully completed stadium.

Deek showed at the weekend just how devastating he can be in both wide and central positions even when he isn't scoring. If we can get him in the space between their midfield and back four then he can really do the damage - he can shape to shoot and play Stokesy in, or just have a go himself, we all know how capable he is.

The interplay between Deek and Stokes was a joy to behold at times at the weekend - let's hope for more of the same on Sunday. Of course whoever plays will get my full support, as always.

Spike Mandela
19-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I like and agree with the sentiment but when I'm at the game I don't really hear the supposed negativity towards Nish and Rankin apart from the occasional grumble that you hear about any player from the usual moronic suspects.

I honestly believe this is more of a .net thing than a matchday thing.

Stevie Reid
19-08-2010, 11:24 AM
I like and agree with the sentiment but when I'm at the game I don't really hear the supposed negativity towards Nish and Rankin apart from the occasional grumble that you hear about any player from the usual moronic suspects.

I would agree with that also, but I think we can all agree that the atmosphere at ER on matchdays could do with a big improvement, and what better time to start than on Sunday :thumbsup:

Toaods
19-08-2010, 11:25 AM
who writes this romantic guff...?? :greengrin

... any costly mistake against the Huns will see the guilty party get pelters as usual...::grr:

Jack
19-08-2010, 11:27 AM
You're lucky Spike, it does go on.

I agree with the OP it would be good even if just for one day we could all be positive – if not positive then quiet! :agree:

Diclonius
19-08-2010, 11:34 AM

I do.

At the Maribor game where I was (West upper, south end) one guy was screaming continuous, almost personal abuse at Nish. There were quite a few others around doing the same thing albeit on a lesser level.

It's a serious problem.

RIP
19-08-2010, 11:35 AM

In the pre-season I've witnessed

Players actually flinching from some of the more vociferous abuse
People standing, leaning right over the seats in front spitting bile and venom at players in Green and White
Booing from ten minutes in (Maribor!)

I echo the Hibs12thMan sentiments - time the majority of us spoke up:thumbsup: At the Maribor game we were in the South Upper and at the end some drama queens starting up the booing. My bairns started drumming on the back wall and this drowned out the boo boys!! Most of us then stood and applauded our own boys and their team. That showed class IMO

We may get beat on Sunday and some men in Green and White might play badly. But screaming abuse and booing yer own team?

Only one response - drown them out!!:singing:

proud_and_green
19-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey, man, what's with the positive vibes. I thought this was Hibs.net!!!

cjward2
19-08-2010, 03:29 PM
:thumbsup:fantastic idea.

Bring on the positive vibes.:agree:

lucky
19-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Right sentiments however if any players mucks up certain fans will over react. Its part and parcel of football.

If Nish, Hogg and Rankin cant handle some abuse from the stands then they are proving they don't have the back bone to be a pro player. I don't abuse players but if one makes a muck up some times its hard not to react, generally fans get caught up in the hype and atmosphere of the game.

RIP
19-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Right sentiments however if any players mucks up certain fans will over react. Its part and parcel of football.

If Nish, Hogg and Rankin cant handle some abuse from the stands then they are proving they don't have the back bone to be a pro player. I don't abuse players but if one makes a muck up some times its hard not to react, generally fans get caught up in the hype and atmosphere of the game.

Fans might - Supporters don't though

I've been to many English grounds. Fans abusing their own players is not as commonplace as you might think. The odd yell out or "for xx's sake" maybe. But we've recently witnessed systematic abuse for a whole game from some. who are clearly lacking any respect for players or fellow supporters.

That's not acceptable and it spoils the enjoyment for the majority. The OP's just asking these attention-seekers to screw the nut a bit. Have an opinion yeh - screaming constant abuse naw

lucky
20-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Not saying its right. But there are some very passionate fans who let there emotions go.

JoeT
20-08-2010, 06:34 AM
I think we're going to pump them

Viva_Palmeiras
20-08-2010, 07:21 AM
I do.

At the Maribor game where I was (West upper, south end) one guy was screaming continuous, almost personal abuse at Nish. There were quite a few others around doing the same thing albeit on a lesser level.

It's a serious problem.
Yogi has mentioned the singling out of Nish on the past and that it does impact his confidence
Iirc just before his rich vein of form end of last season so yes I think it's become a proble

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Not saying its right. But there are some very stupid fans who let there emotions go.

There you go.

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Not saying its right. But there are some very passionate fans who let there emotions go.

Damn you Spock! It might not square with your so-called Klingon logic, but some of us feel that displaying your emotions at ER is what makes us human! To dare to dream, Spock, to dare to dream...

-Dr Gary 'Boner' McCoy

RIP
20-08-2010, 08:49 AM

Damn you Spock! It might not square with your so-called Klingon logic, but some of us feel that displaying your emotions at ER is what makes us human! To dare to dream, Spock, to dare to dream...

-Dr Gary 'Boner' McCoy

So -is this thread about being passionate or displaying your emotions??

NO!!

Is it acceptable for me or anyone else to stand over the people in front, deafen everyone with personal abuse of players and spoil other people's enjoyment of the match?

Just because I have no self control and want everyone in the crowd and on the pitch to pay attention to my rantings rather than get on wi playing or enjoying the game?

It's about these jessies and drama queens growing a pair of balls

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2010, 08:52 AM
So -is this thread about being passionate or displaying your emotions??

NO!!

Is it acceptable for me or anyone else to stand over the people in front, deafen everyone with personal abuse of players and spoil other people's enjoyment of the match?

Just because I have no self control and want everyone in the crowd and on the pitch to pay attention to my rantings rather than get on wi playing or enjoying the game?

It's about these jessies and drama queens growing a pair of balls

:top marks If they spent as much time and effort getting behind the team, perhaps their efforts might be rewarded. I also think they would enjoy it a lot better too.

sahib
20-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Is irony and gentle mocking acceptable?

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Is irony and gentle mocking acceptable?

"Actually dahlings, I don't think you are quite 'up to your knees in feinian blood', as one can actually see your knees from here, and there is a distinct lack of claret on the otherwise admittedly rather soiled denim and cheap leisurewear that encases them so stylishly..."

That might be permitted. But only if approved in advance on a signed document in triplicate by those around who would so guard our boorish behhaviour.

-Hibernian Drama Queens Festival Society

hibees_green
20-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Talk about a nanny state!!!! How should I drink my Bovril? With pinky extended or wrapped around the cup?

Dear oh dear!!!!!:rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Talk about a nanny state!!!! How should I drink my Bovril? With pinky extended or wrapped around the cup?

Do you really need to ask that question? Pinky extended dear boy, pinky extended.

LTYF! Admins, please - one has had quite enough!

hibees_green
20-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Do you really need to ask that question? Pinky extended dear boy, pinky extended.

LTYF! Admins, please - one has had quite enough!

Thanks for the clarity as I was in such a dilema and didn't want to contravene etiquette.

Just off to plan my route to Hamilton for Saturday.

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the clarity as I was in such a dilema and didn't want to contravene etiquette.

Just off to plan my route to Hamilton for Saturday.

Good man. To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail.

RIP
20-08-2010, 11:53 AM

Nanny state? Rolleyes? WTF?? :blah:
You on the wrong thread mate or just deliberately missing the point?

We are the mental Hibees baby we've got class

Going mental at your own players = nae class

Let's save oor swearing for the Huns :greengrin