PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Prince Boetang

Skanko79
18-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Whats the thinking behind this then.

KPB signs for Genoa for £5m then gets sent to AC Milan on loan.

I think the fifa/uefa beaks will be all over this like a rash.

CB_NO3
18-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Surely your not suggesting that there is some sort of corruption in Italian Football :wink:.

Skanko79
18-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Surely your not suggesting that there is some sort of corruption in Italian Football :wink:.

:greengrin:agree: haha! its just rather bizarre isnt it. paying that money for a player then instantly loaning him to one of your rivals. crazy. :confused:

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2010, 02:48 PM
This kind of thing happens in Lithuania all the time. :wink:

frazeHFC
18-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Says on SSN that Milan have an option to sign him aswell.

MacBean
18-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Italy is very strange in terms of player ownership. There is part ownership etc. This will be legit, just unusual to us.;

M11BMO
18-08-2010, 03:31 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6318847,00.html

Future17
18-08-2010, 04:37 PM

Perfectly legit under Italian football rules - as well as those of UEFA and FIFA. Milan and Genoa have had quite a close relationship recently, especially in this close season. Sokratis has moved from Genoa to Milan and Milan have sent some of their Primavera players there in return.

The suggestion on the Milan messageboards is that we're struggling big time financially at the moment, the particular concern being the massive wage bill which is being spent on a lot of older players who were given long contracts under Ancelotti. Understandably these players (Oddo, Kaladze etc.) have been reluctant to move as it would mean a massive salary drop.

However, a lot of these players are entering the last year of the contracts, so Milan are apparently setting up a lot of deals which will see players arrive next summer when they cash will be available again.

Prince-Boateng was set to sign for Genoa prior to the World Cup but now Milan are interested the deal has been agreed that Genoa will pay the transfer fee and a share of the season's wages and in return, if Milan want to keep him for the following season, they'll have to pay an increased transfer fee and return the share of wages paid by Genoa this season.

I think he'll be a great signing as he's exactly the type of player that our midfield needs at the moment - pacy, energetic and direct. I also think that his signing probably means Huntelaar is staying at the San Siro until January at least.

euro Hibby
18-08-2010, 05:10 PM
very normal and progressive way to do business and hedge your bets. Teams compete in Italy but they will collaborate with player swops.

As for corruption, afraid to say it also happens outsideof Italy, quite close to home actually.
Have we not see for years biased refs , old firm players capped early to increase transfer value etc etc...... no angels in football.........

jgl07
18-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Non story.

All big clubs operate this way.

Absolutely nothing to do with money laundering whatsoever.

Future17
18-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Non story.

All big clubs operate this way.

Absolutely nothing to do with money laundering whatsoever.

How very random.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2010, 07:04 PM
How very random.

TBH whilst i'm not in any way suggesting this deal has anything to do with money laundering when you have a man like Silvio Berlusconi involved in a football club the suspicion of dodgy dealings is always going to be there.

Future17
19-08-2010, 11:50 AM
TBH whilst i'm not in any way suggesting this deal has anything to do with money laundering when you have a man like Silvio Berlusconi involved in a football club the suspicion of dodgy dealings is always going to be there.

Fair point. SB has very little to do with the day-to-day running of the club at the moment though, he's given more power to Galliani.....although he may well be regretting that.