PDA

View Full Version : united releasing 3 strikers

erin go bragh
18-08-2010, 01:51 PM
dundee utd have told francisco sandaza,danny cadamarteri and jeno myrie-williams they are free to leave [quite liked the look of sandaza before he got injured]
could be worth a 6 month deal ? thoughts

Stevie Reid
18-08-2010, 01:52 PM
dundee utd have told francisco sandaza,danny cadamarteri and jeno myrie-williams they are free to leave [quite liked the look of sandaza before he got injured]

They're looking to sell them, no chance they'd sell to us for what we could afford.

If they were free I'd take any of the 3. We could particularly use Myrie-Williams pace.

Stevie Reid
18-08-2010, 02:04 PM
They're looking to sell them, no chance they'd sell to us for what we could afford.

If they were free I'd take any of the 3. We could particularly use Myrie-Williams pace.

Also interesting to note that Houstons' comment that he thought someone would've been sold by now - United's prices too high, no one prepared to sepnd, or both?

We obviously thought Bamba would be gone by now, and I've always said that I would rather get cash in than lose him for nowt - but after his committed performance on Sunday, I'll gladly keep him.

Skanko79
18-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Also interesting to note that Houstons' comment that he thought someone would've been sold by now - United's prices too high, no one prepared to sepnd, or both?

We obviously thought Bamba would be gone by now, and I've always said that I would rather get cash in than lose him for nowt - but after his committed performance on Sunday, I'll gladly keep him.

couldnt agree more mate re bamba.

Vini1875
18-08-2010, 03:11 PM
If they are quality or better than what we have why are dufc letting them go? If they are not good enough for dufc then I think they shouldn't be good enough for Hibs.

Are they getting rid of them because they cost too much or is there another reason - trouble, problems behind the scenes? I don't know I'm just speculating.

I also had a quick look on dufc board and none of their fans in least bit upset to see these three go, which says to me they are not good enough to be at Hibs.

RickyS
18-08-2010, 03:27 PM

ive always thought sandaza looked a prospect, was this the guy Levein said would score 20 goals and he would stake his reputation on it?

Diclonius
18-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Sandaza would be an excellent replacement for Nish.

ancienthibby
18-08-2010, 03:33 PM
If they are quality or better than what we have why are dufc letting them go? If they are not good enough for dufc then I think they shouldn't be good enough for Hibs.

Are they getting rid of them because they cost too much or is there another reason - trouble, problems behind the scenes? I don't know I'm just speculating.

I also had a quick look on dufc board and none of their fans in least bit upset to see these three go, which says to me they are not good enough to be at Hibs.

Because the Tangerine squad is out of kilter - they have too many forwards and only a few defenders. So this is a squad re-balancing exercise.

I imagine the Tache is already being gently manicured, before he pounces - so long as Yogi tells him to!!:devil:

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-08-2010, 03:35 PM
danny cadamarteri spent too much time out injured. decent player though.

Dunbar Hibee
18-08-2010, 03:36 PM
danny cadamarteri spent too much time out injured. decent player though.

I would love Cadamarteri at our club. Big, strong powerful player with bags of pace!

Jack
18-08-2010, 03:50 PM
I think it’s a symptom of the new world in which we all live, football is just beginning to join the world the rest of have been in for a while.

The super clubs besides, and without any stats to back it up, the number of transfers with what used to be reasonable transfer fees has all but evaporated.

Clubs are now trying to do what Hibs have been doing for years and they're stuffed because no-one has any money. Any money that available is going into Bosman signing on fees.

When the Tash did his horizon scanning a few years ago his crystal balls must have been glowing, if we had to start now what we started many years ago we’d be sunk without trace or crippling along as so many clubs are now.

blairwallace
18-08-2010, 06:34 PM
lets buy all three and turn them into super strikers and sell them onto the old firm so they can make them crap and we get a good profit.

hfc rd
18-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Sandaza would be an excellent replacement for Nish.

Was just about to say that.

sahib
18-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Basically, if Man City don't want them nobody else is buying.

RickyS
18-08-2010, 09:42 PM
lets buy all three and turn them into super strikers and sell them onto the old firm so they can make them crap and we get a good profit.

Mr Petrie - your cover is blown:greengrin

cheltenhamhibee
18-08-2010, 09:52 PM

what was myrie williams like for the arabs ? i saw him quite a few times while on loan at Cheltenham, never really thought to much of him to be honest

Stevie Reid
19-08-2010, 09:02 AM
what was myrie williams like for the arabs ? i saw him quite a few times while on loan at Cheltenham, never really thought to much of him to be honest

Obviously not that good! Didn't see much of him myself, think the most damage I saw him do was in the highlights of Dundee Utd's 3-3 draw with St. Johnstone in January. He was fast as ****, dunno what his end product was like tbh - probably not that good.

I was just judging him to be a useful acquisition (if he was free) on the following: -

1) He has loads of pace, which we lack
2) If Levein sees potential in a player, he's not often wrong.

Thought he could be a very useful sub in games where we are holding a lead and need an out ball.

Hibs90
19-08-2010, 09:32 AM
I'd take Sandaza in a heartbeat, if he could keep off the treatment table.

blairwallace
21-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Mr Petrie - your cover is blown:greengrin

:brickwall

DH1875
21-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I'd take Sandaza in a heartbeat, if he could keep off the treatment table.

Couldn't agree more. Def a better bet than the two we've had on trial.

ekhibee
21-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I'd take any one of them or all 3 if we could afford them, they all look decent, and to me anyway, better than Nish. Don't think Hibs will go for them though.