PDA

View Full Version : The Gowser

Speedway
18-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Saw this and was surprised.

Looks like he's completely off the radar at Hibs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8923541.stm

Towards the bottom of the link.

Borders Hibby
18-08-2010, 08:34 AM

No great loss.

sundo1875
18-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Good he is pi$h

ballengeich
18-08-2010, 09:41 AM

I'm not concerned. He was a promising player at Falkirk, but hasn't developed.

Note one near the top - Driver to become the highest paid player in Hearts' history. That's the type of player you can get when you have 400,000 fans. It's in the Daily Mail so it must be true.

sesoim
18-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Good. If we have money to spend, we need to spend it on the right players in the right positions.

Future17
18-08-2010, 04:39 PM

Note one near the top - Driver to become the highest paid player in Hearts' history. That's the type of player you can get when you have 400,000 fans. It's in the Daily Mail so it must be true.

Never mind that, Liverpool are going to sign a player from Utrecht called Ricky Van Wolfswinkel - that's one for the back of the strip! :greengrin

Toaods
18-08-2010, 06:38 PM
The team How drilled at are the same mob that had a look at Kevin Kyle and then ran a mile.

Gala Foxes
18-08-2010, 07:10 PM
No loss - didn't even manage to flatter to deceive last season

Jim44
18-08-2010, 08:07 PM

Good. I just hope he is off Hibs radar at our volition and not because he rejected any move that might have been made for him. He's a waste of space.

Ed De Gramo
18-08-2010, 08:08 PM
maybe he was gonna be a roomie with McGreedy :greengrin

hfc rd
18-08-2010, 08:26 PM
He only looked good against Montrose. I wonder what the trialists are like?

greenlex
18-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Won't miss the silly hat to be honest.

jacomo
18-08-2010, 08:57 PM

We tried to sign him from Falkirk, but he chased the money. Not crying over Gow now... don't think he's right for us.

As for Driver being offered a bumper new contract - how about the new strategy at Hearts, cutting costs and spending within their means?? :confused:

No doubt the faithful will be hailing this move as another astute move by Mr Romanov. :hilarious

sixtwo
18-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Gow wouldn't strengthen this hibs team.

Driver is made of glass and hearts made a mistake when they never sold him when burnley offered £2m. He has played half a dozen decent games for hearts, he is injury prone and his biggest selling point was his potential which he is failing to fulfil.

Typical hearts. Not a clue when it comes to the financial side of football and even less of a clue when it comes to the playing side!

Beefster
19-08-2010, 06:31 AM
The team that knocked Gow back weren't particularly complimentary about his technical ability either.

Danderhall Hibs
19-08-2010, 07:06 AM
A lot of folk seem to be able to make their minds up quite quickly! Writing a guy off because he picked up an injury and din't play much doesn't seem fair to me.

matty_f
19-08-2010, 07:25 AM
A lot of folk seem to be able to make their minds up quite quickly! Writing a guy off because he picked up an injury and din't play much doesn't seem fair to me.

Welcome to the enlightened world of hibs.net mate!:greengrin

scoopyboy
19-08-2010, 08:17 AM
To me the fact that the Russkies knocked him back may well mean he is back on Hibs radar.

BEEJ
19-08-2010, 12:10 PM
He has previous in this regard, though. Not an unusual set of circumstances in Gow's career, apparently.

To me the fact that the Russkies knocked him back may well mean he is back on Hibs radar.
Connected to the dropping of our interest in Biscan, perhaps?

scoopyboy
19-08-2010, 12:15 PM
He has previous in this regard, though. Not an unusual set of circumstances in Gow's career, apparently.

Connected to the dropping of our interest in Biscan, perhaps?

Not sure BEEJ.

I sometimes feel Yogi is hell bent on getting a target and I just have this gut feeling he may be back.

Could be Rodders has offered a salary and won't budge and Gow may have to come back to us if he can't get better anywhere else. If this was to be the case I would imagine there would be a time limit on it.

The Silver Fox
19-08-2010, 12:15 PM
With Gow struggling to interest any clubs at all his price/wage demands will drop and that may fit in better with Tight Wad Tasche. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that he may yet come to Hibs. As he is basically clubless he can sign at any time outwith the window. Yogi seems to rate him even if few on here feel the same way.