PDA

View Full Version : Ticket sales for Sunday?

RoxburghHibs
18-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Not seen it mentioned anywhere as to how ticket sales are going for Sundays match? Would expect the usual 16,000+ for this sort of game?

CB_NO3
18-08-2010, 06:56 AM
I think 14k max.

RoxburghHibs
18-08-2010, 07:00 AM
I think 14k max.

That's not bad with still 4 1/2 days to go until the match. Btw did you just guess that figure or do you know this?

Sandy
18-08-2010, 07:21 AM
That's not bad with still 4 1/2 days to go until the match. Btw did you just guess that figure or do you know this?

I think CB is referring to the actual attendance at the game.

Mikey
18-08-2010, 07:23 AM
I was in the ticket office yesterday afternoon and it was pretty busy. Everyone there bought tickets for the east.

The three middle sections are pretty full so they're selling them for the 2 sections nearest the North and South.

CB_NO3
18-08-2010, 07:27 AM
I think that will be the attendance.

Budgey
18-08-2010, 07:48 AM
I think it will be around 14-16K. With the game on the TV and the ticket prices at £27 and £17 for concessions we will never fill Easter Road. Tickets should be around £18-£20 and £10 for concession and £5 for under 18's and we should be trying to encourage people to come to the game and fill Easter Road.
Its never going to happen at those prices.

RIP
18-08-2010, 07:59 AM
No disrepect to the OP but eh......attendance? :wtf:

RoxburghHibs
18-08-2010, 08:20 AM
No disrepect to the OP but eh......attendance? :wtf:

No direspect taken :greengrin

But :wtf: are you on about? Below is the attendances at the equivalent fixture over the past 5 years...

2009 16894
2008 15292
2007 16217
2006 16450
2005 16958

Ryan69
18-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Don't know where you get your figures from...they are wrong! Our ground wasn't even as big as most of your figures suggest!

RoxburghHibs
18-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Don't know where you get your figures from...they are wrong! Our ground wasn't even as big as most of your figures suggest!

Errr nope I'm not wrong.

Our capacity for the opening fixture against Rangers was 17,400 until this season.

These are from www.soccerbase.com (http://www.soccerbase.com) and are the first home fixture against Rangers from the past 5 season.

Not sure why people are so "shocked" by Hibs having 16000 or more for an Old Firm game?

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2010, 08:32 AM

The official site has these, perhaps they are lying?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290~2010,00.html

RoxburghHibs
18-08-2010, 08:39 AM
The official site has these, perhaps they are lying?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290~2010,00.html

Those figures are the same as the one's I posted :confused:

I repeat we usually get 16000+ for the opening fixture against Rangers....

(it's unbelievable - every post on here seems to gets questioned even when it's a fact)

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2010, 08:41 AM

:agree: the guys talking pish.

RoxburghHibs
18-08-2010, 08:44 AM
:agree: the guys talking pish.

Sorry is this aimed at me, as I have posted the figures on our official website?

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2010, 08:53 AM

Sorry is this aimed at me, as I have posted the figures on our official website?

No Ryan69 was just making things up. You were right, the official site was right, even soccerbase was right,Ryan was talking pish. :wink:

marinello59
18-08-2010, 08:56 AM
I was in the ticket office yesterday afternoon and it was pretty busy. Everyone there bought tickets for the east.

The three middle sections are pretty full so they're selling them for the 2 sections nearest the North and South.

A likely story.:bitchy:
You were the only person there and they refused to sell you any tickets as you didn't have a small club crest tattooed on each cheek.(I heard that you chickened out after getting the third one done.) After muttering 'Bloody tourist' the ticket office person then charged you a £40 handling fee for wasting her time. Your complaint resulted in Colin Nish charging out of a side door shouting;''If I see you in Middleton's again you are dead.'' before punching you in the face. You came round in a small room in the back of the Famous Five stand which you found yourself sharing with some petite Aussie girl. Lying on the floor between you both was a Leith Lynx costume with a note attached which read, ''If you want to go to the game on Sunday you know what you have to do.''

What was the question again?:confused:

Houchy
18-08-2010, 09:00 AM

(it's unbelievable - every post on here seems to gets questioned even when it's a fact)

Does it???:wink::greengrin

RoxburghHibs
18-08-2010, 09:02 AM

Does it???:wink::greengrin

lol - now that made me laugh :greengrin

Ryan69
18-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Well I do apologise...still don't believe that figure though!

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2010, 10:13 AM

Why?

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2010, 10:28 AM
A likely story.:bitchy:
You were the only person there and they refused to sell you any tickets as you didn't have a small club crest tattooed on each cheek.(I heard that you chickened out after getting the third one done.) After muttering 'Bloody tourist' the ticket office person then charged you a £40 handling fee for wasting her time. Your complaint resulted in Colin Nish charging out of a side door shouting;''If I see you in Middleton's again you are dead.'' before punching you in the face. You came round in a small room in the back of the Famous Five stand which you found yourself sharing with some petite Aussie girl. Lying on the floor between you both was a Leith Lynx costume with a note attached which read, ''If you want to go to the game on Sunday you know what you have to do.''

What was the question again?:confused:

We all have those sort of days. Alas, not enough of them nowadays.

RIP
18-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I am coming dressed as a seat.

Well - the same colour as a seat actually

iwasthere1972
18-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I would suspect that we will now get more "walk up" fans on the day safe in the knowledge that they will be able to buy a ticket (unless they speak like Rolf Harris or are under 5' 2").

That's what I'll be doing rather than wasting money on a booking fee or going down days in advance. :cool2:

Bad Martini
18-08-2010, 11:11 AM

Why not?? Would you believe the figures if the Almighty himself come unto thee, on a flaming cloud shouting "Six-teeen thoooosand plus ... and only a few dirty hun bassasssss" :greengrin

There's only one club in Edinburgh who calls every game a sell-out and fabricates their attendance figures... :agree:

MrHibs1982
18-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Not seen it mentioned anywhere as to how ticket sales are going for Sundays match? Would expect the usual 16,000+ for this sort of game?

Having looked at the attendances on the hibs site for this fixture in recent seasons and taking into account our capacity has risen i would say we will get about 18851 fans. I can;t make the game against der huns but as someone else has posted on another thread this is a HUGE game for hibs, the completion of our stadium and we should be forgetting for one day the ticket is £27 and how disgraceful it is and sell out the ground, get our flags out, raise our voices and make ER amazing...if we cant now when will we ever???

Sammy7nil
18-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Game on TV, Early KO, on Sunday = Poor Crowd

I agree 14,000 max

MrHibs1982
18-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Game on TV, Early KO, on Sunday = Poor Crowd

I agree 14,000 max

FIRST GAME AT NEW LOOK ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be hundreds more games you can sit and watch in a pub or in your house on the wrong day for football at the wrong time for a football match but you will NEVER get to sit in ER for the first game ever in the new stadium.

As i said if we cant sell out the stadium on sunday we will have no hope of ever filling it up cos if we;re all gonna wait til we're challenging for the title we will be waiting a long time.

hibs0666
18-08-2010, 11:50 AM
The ticket site is showing limited availability for all sections in the west and famous five stands. The colour coding scheme shown for east stand has gone nuts so goodness only knows how ticket sales are doing there.

Taking a punt that limited availability = 20% of available tickets unsold in the Hibs end then we might well be looking at a crowd of over 17,000. :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
18-08-2010, 11:58 AM
The ticket site is showing limited availability for all sections in the west and famous five stands. The colour coding scheme shown for east stand has gone nuts so goodness only knows how ticket sales are doing there.

Taking a punt that limited availability = 20% of available tickets unsold in the Hibs end then we might well be looking at a crowd of over 17,000. :thumbsup:

If true then good news with 5 days to go.

Anyone who thinks that there will only be 14K at ER needs their head examined.

Franck is God
18-08-2010, 12:00 PM
If you consider yourself a Hibs fan unless you are out of the country and physically cannot make it to the game then I can't see a good excuse for not being there on Sunday.

Hibs have made it really easy and economical to buy an ST this season and although I agree that a walk up price of £27 is expensive for any SPL game that is simply how much it costs these days.

If we want the club to spend money on transfer fees and wages for top players then I'm afraid we have to turn up in good numbers every week otherwise we really are the 'wee' team.

hibsboy90
18-08-2010, 12:06 PM
I would suspect that we will now get more "walk up" fans on the day safe in the knowledge that they will be able to buy a ticket (unless they speak like Rolf Harris or are under 5' 2").

That's what I'll be doing rather than wasting money on a booking fee or going down days in advance. :cool2:

Can't walk up and buy a ticket at the gate for a game against hearts, rangers or celtic. Otherwise the whole database issue would be needless.

sunshine1875
18-08-2010, 12:08 PM

I tried the site for the first time and looked to see which was the nearest seat available for purchase to my season ticket seat in the FFL. It said that my seat was available for purchase:confused:

iwasthere1972
18-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Can't walk up and buy a ticket at the gate for a game against hearts, rangers or celtic. Otherwise the whole database issue would be needless.

Sorry I didn't word it correctly. I meant fans who have their names on the Hibs database are more likely to turn up and buy a ticket on the day than they were before now that we have increased capacity.

Baw187
18-08-2010, 12:16 PM
I cannae wait to go based on the fact that bar the Maribor game, we've had no ER pre season games and I have not been able to get to any of the away friendlies. Gagging to see the team, get back to ER for a new season, and gaze in wonder at our completed stadium. I have a ST, however there must be loads of other walk up fans feeling the same as me?!

Based on this, I think we'll be looking at 17,000+

My only concern is that my wife is due our first bairn on Saturday... unless she has it in the next couple of days, I shall be tying her legs together until after the game.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2010, 12:18 PM
My only concern is that my wife is due our first bairn on Saturday... unless she has it in the next couple of days, I shall be tying her legs together until after the game.

9 months too late. :wink:

biffo1875
18-08-2010, 12:48 PM
:agree:
If you consider yourself a Hibs fan unless you are out of the country and physically cannot make it to the game then I can't see a good excuse for not being there on Sunday.

Hibs have made it really easy and economical to buy an ST this season and although I agree that a walk up price of £27 is expensive for any SPL game that is simply how much it costs these days.

If we want the club to spend money on transfer fees and wages for top players then I'm afraid we have to turn up in good numbers every week otherwise we really are the 'wee' team.

agree 100 % i have hit upon hard times reasantly but had to raid the kids piggy banks to get 2 tickets for this one.if we are to challenge for tropheys filling er as often as we can it would go a great way to help attract good players and pay the wages to get them so lets all play our part and try to fill er as often as we can:thumbsup:ps when i get back working my st will be renewed .come on the cabbage

hibs0666
18-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I tried the site for the first time and looked to see which was the nearest seat available for purchase to my season ticket seat in the FFL. It said that my seat was available for purchase:confused:

You might be lucky and they flog it to a 5 foot 2 Australian hotty. :wink:

Baw187
18-08-2010, 01:47 PM

:greengrin

If it comes this week, I'll maybe get it a ticket to boost numbers !

Keith_M
18-08-2010, 02:12 PM
OK, as we've just been told we need a really good excuse for not going this weekend, I thought I'd better get mine's in early (in light of the following, this may turn out to be a joke :wink:).

I'd like to point out in mitigation that I have bought a Season Ticket for this season, so will be financially backing the club. I will not be there in person, however, as I'm going to be on Honeymoon ("get mine's in early", geddit?). Is that a good enough excuse for not being there?

:dunno:

The next obvious question is, where will I be spending my honeymoon and the answer is... not a word of a lie and not being intentionally flippant or rude.....

UpperThong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upperthong).

Honest, it's a real place :greengrin

iwasthere1972
18-08-2010, 02:35 PM
So long as the attendance is more than the capacity of Tynie at present 17,420 I don't really care if there are some empty seats. If we fill it (unlikely) great but just to be able to say that the highest attendance at an Ednburgh football ground this year (and for years to come :greengrin) was at Easter Road will be good enough.

Wouldn't it be brilliant if the actual attendance was 19737. :wink:

Big team my erchie.

RoYO!
18-08-2010, 04:06 PM
It would be great if we got over the old capacity amount. 17400

fantastic if we got anywhere near 19k IMO

hibeedonald
18-08-2010, 05:28 PM
im going but paying at the gate, no point in the booking fee as there should be lots of tickets left.

Gettin' Auld
18-08-2010, 05:38 PM
:faf: :thumbsup:

hibsboy90
18-08-2010, 05:44 PM
im going but paying at the gate, no point in the booking fee as there should be lots of tickets left.
You won't get in.

No pay at the gate on sunday.

Baw187
18-08-2010, 05:50 PM
You won't get in.

No pay at the gate on sunday.

Aye but he can get a ticket at the ticket office pre match.

hibsboy90
18-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Aye but he can get a ticket at the ticket office pre match.
As far as im aware you still pay a booking fee at the T/O, even on the day? :confused:

Anyhow, he said gate..... :wink:

greenlex
18-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Let's get this straight in case fans are put of by nonsense spouted in here.
If you buy a ticket in person at the ticket office on match day or any other day for that matter there is no booking fee!!!!!!!!!

To buy a category A game ticket. (rangers Celtic and hearts) you wl have to be on the clubs database in any event whether you buy it in person or onine or by phone.

iwasthere1972
18-08-2010, 07:28 PM
As far as im aware you still pay a booking fee at the T/O, even on the day? :confused:

Don't think you do pay a booking fee at the ticket office wee windaes pre match. Never have.

hibeedonald
18-08-2010, 08:36 PM

haha yeah i meant at T/O office, season ticket holder for the last few years so will definitley be on the database, sadly couldn't afford one this year. There's no booking fee, ive done this lots of times before for mates.

down-the-slope
19-08-2010, 08:06 AM

What He said :agree:

down-the-slope
19-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Seems thats lots of folks think getting a ticket on the day will be a dawdle....

To repeat what some have said..you must be on database and tickets will be on sale from ticket office windows only..

HOWEVER any one round the West stand prior to Maribor match will know it was a nightmare...thousands outside and a queue for tickets that was bigger than I can ever remember leaving several thousand outside at kick off.

Anyone know TO opening time Sunday :confused: My advice is get them next couple of days to avoid problem on the day

Hibs90
19-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Hoping for something around 15k above with the new East full and bouncing.

Sergy Pie
19-08-2010, 08:46 AM
I think the attendance will be higher than a lot of people will expect. Actual ticket sales might not equate to a sell out but I reckon the club will go out its way to make sure the place is filled by other means. They'll want the place shown at it's full capability, against the champions, the first time it's opened for a number of reasons.

Here's hoping we can get over the old capacity limit even though other factors are against the club, i.e. TV and KO time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-08-2010, 08:52 AM
I am coming dressed as a seat.

WEIRDO!!

What you do in private should be kept private! :big grin:

Antifa Hibs
19-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Seems thats lots of folks think getting a ticket on the day will be a dawdle....

To repeat what some have said..you must be on database and tickets will be on sale from ticket office windows only..

HOWEVER any one round the West stand prior to Maribor match will know it was a nightmare...thousands outside and a queue for tickets that was bigger than I can ever remember leaving several thousand outside at kick off.

Anyone know TO opening time Sunday :confused: My advice is get them next couple of days to avoid problem on the day

If Hibs dropped the £1.50 ticket charge more would buy in advance, I know I would for definite. There is absulute no point in buying online and paying £5 postage and £1.50 booking fee when you are going to Easter Road anyway.

The £1.50 ticket fee probably creates more problems than it is worth.

Spike Mandela
19-08-2010, 09:02 AM
I think the attendance will be higher than a lot of people will expect. Actual ticket sales might not equate to a sell out but I reckon the club will go out its way to make sure the place is filled by other means. They'll want the place shown at it's full capability, against the champions, the first time it's opened for a number of reasons.

Here's hoping we can get over the old capacity limit even though other factors are against the club, i.e. TV and KO time.

I think yourself and a few other people are going to be disappointed with the crowd.

All things point to a poor attendance....on TV,KO time, £27 a ticket, can't just walk up to turnstile and pay, we're playing Rangers, no exciting signings, Maribor performance poor and recent history showing these crowds dwindling.

I reckon around just over 13,000.

What do you think the club are going to do by other means:confused:

Frazerbob
19-08-2010, 09:08 AM
I think yourself and a few other people are going to be disappointed with the crowd.

All things point to a poor attendance....on TV,KO time, £27 a ticket, can't just walk up to turnstile and pay, we're playing Rangers, no exciting signings, Maribor performance poor and recent history showing these crowds dwindling.

I reckon around just over 13,000.

3800 current buns plus around 9000 ST holders. You recon there will only be 200 others at the game?

Spike Mandela
19-08-2010, 09:11 AM
3800 current buns plus around 9000 ST holders. You recon there will only be 200 others at the game?

Has that ST figure been announced Frazerbob, I haven't heard that yet?

Still think I will not be too far away, maybe stretch to 14000 if said ST sales are correct.

Frazerbob
19-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Has that ST figure been announced Frazerbob, I haven't heard that yet?

Still think I will not be too far away, maybe stretch to 14000 if said ST sales are correct.

9000 was an educated guess on my part. Do you think the figure will vary significantly from that?

smurf
19-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Read on the Bounce that Scott Lindsay said on SKY Sports News that ST sales are ahead of where we were last year. I didn't see the interview?

down-the-slope
19-08-2010, 09:34 AM
can't see why people think attendance will not at least be on par with previous seasons (some of these being rubbish times / on TV etc)

17,000 + :agree:

Maybe gloomy predictions has more to do with .Net having greater percentage of non match attenders in its ranks, than hibs support in general :wink:

Sergy Pie
19-08-2010, 10:21 AM

More complimentary tickets to say schools, organisations with an interest in Hibs i.e sponsors etc...?

Hibstrooper
19-08-2010, 11:04 AM
9000 was an educated guess on my part. Do you think the figure will vary significantly from that?

I would hazzard a guess at least 1500 less than that if not more.

If the figure was near that then I think we would have heard about it from the club.

Spike Mandela
19-08-2010, 11:04 AM
More complimentary tickets to say schools, organisations with an interest in Hibs i.e sponsors etc...?

Bit late for that initiative surely, Serg. Would have been a good idea for this game but don't think you could charge £27 to your average punter then dole out a load of complimentaries without getting a load of flak.

Better to forget some childish notion of beating a certain attendance for fear of ridiculing by some jambos. The attendance wil be whatever the attendance is.

The benefit of the new stand, if there is any(don't get me started:wink:), will be when other factors are got right by the club and the potential for other supporters to come along is there.

Sergy Pie
19-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Bit late for that initiative surely, Serg.....

The benefit of the new stand, if there is any(don't get me started:wink:), will be when other factors are got right by the club and the potential for other supporters to come along is there.

I agree it's a bit late now but who's to say it hasn't already been done. Not difficult to ring fence tickets.

Totally agree with the last part of your post. However, I just feel the club will do everything they can to make sure they launch their new stand with as many people in there as possible. Whether or not it will be like that each home game is another question entirely, but i'm sure they'd like the premier event to be a good advert for the stand.

down-the-slope
19-08-2010, 11:50 AM

New press
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100819/the-bounce-just-got-bigger_2262950_2127435

Here is club saying pretty much the same thing...get yer tickets Fri / Sat....and turn up early if you are in the East

PS..mentioned this before..and the pic on front of that article highlights you Easties had better have sunglasses / suncream (one of the reasons im not moving to East...hate watching with sun in the eyes)

hibs0666
19-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Blocks in the west and ff stands now starting to sell out. No idea on east stand ticket sales.

Flynn
19-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Well, I managed to get 3 tickets together in the east no bother about 30mins ago. Staff there said ticket sales were going well but never specified how many were sold so far.

Can't wait :greengrin

down-the-slope
19-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Well, I managed to get 3 tickets together in the east no bother about 30mins ago. Staff there said ticket sales were going well but never specified how many were sold so far.

Can't wait :greengrin

What seat numbers / Row?

HenryMonk
19-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I predict we will break the 18k barrior;-)

I have know inside knowledge, just confident fans will turn in numbers.

I also predict a 2-0 hibs win:-)

GGTTH

Hibstrooper
19-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I think you have to ask yourself - would this game have been a sellout with the old East in place? I don't believe it would have been - did we sell out the home end last season?

My guess is somewhere around the 14.5k mark

Cabbage East
19-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Anyone know where the so-called 'singing section' is?

HenryMonk
19-08-2010, 05:18 PM
2 closest sections next to the dunbar end.

shamo9
19-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I think you have to ask yourself - would this game have been a sellout with the old East in place? I don't believe it would have been - did we sell out the home end last season?

My guess is somewhere around the 14.5k mark

I think you have to ask yourself - what was the attendance when we last played them with the old East in place?

16,894. On a Sunday. At a crappy time.

HibeeSince85
19-08-2010, 05:41 PM
So i'm going to get 2 tickets for the East tomorrow, i'm on the datebase so all good:greengrin

I'm relieved that I will be able to get tickets for the East but part of me was hoping that it would have started to sell out quicker, opening of the new stand, good away win opening day.

Still think we're going to be looking at close to 19k though.

RoxburghHibs
19-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I plan to get a ticket (hopefully for the East Stand) on Sunday before kick off.

iwasthere1972
19-08-2010, 08:07 PM
I was going to leave it until Sunday but no way am I going to stand in a long queue and run the risk of getting in late.

Going down tomorrow. Hope to come back reporting that I got last east stand ticket. :devil:

Phil MaGlass
20-08-2010, 10:53 AM
2 closest sections next to the dunbar end.

Would have thought it was going to be closer to halfway, then fans on either side would/could join in, now the noise has to travel all the way along the east stand,if you ken whit ah mean?

iwasthere1972
20-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Been down this morning and got mine. Near the singing section I believe. Row X Seat 191.

Bring it on.

While I was in the TO two smartly dressed guys came in and got tickets for the Rangers end. Maybe probation officers. :greengrin

HibbyKeith
20-08-2010, 03:32 PM
just been in the office getting my ticket for St Midden away.

small queue when i got there and still a queue when i left.

didnt ask how the sales were going though.. :doh:

HFC 0-7
20-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know if Rangers are getting the whole South Stand? Just if Hibs never knew that the east would be finished until quite recently.

tam4hibs
20-08-2010, 03:48 PM
I am super excited about Sunday.

Now im no saying ots gonna be a sell out (although fingers corssed we are close), but we have a chance to have the biggest attendance at ER for what, 20+ years? :top marks

Think it could be the biggest ER crowd in my lifetime anyway. So plenty reason to get excited and believe the atmosphere will be bouncing. (IIRC the first big game of the new West with was AEK and we all know that was some night)!

But, i think there have been only a few occasions where it has been a total sell out of 17,400. Couple of derbies maybe (defo the 'unbeatble 2-0 game), Dnipro, Killen v Huns 2-1? Would have to look into that.

I'm_cabbaged
20-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Going by the plan for buying tickets online we'll be lucky if there's 15,000. :bitchy:

Tricla
20-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I was in the TO today and I asked how much of the East had sold out. The girl reckoned it was about 3/4 sold so probably about 5k in there with tomorrow to go and walk ups too.

I think we'll beat the magic 17420 and become the 'Big Team' by proxy.

GGTTH!

hibs0666
20-08-2010, 07:06 PM
The attendance on Sunday could well be a big disappointment.

Going by the ticket site there was no ticket rush today - the sections shown as empty are still empty and there are precious few areas of the ground sold out.

Pans Hibby
20-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Got to remember that the capacity is 3k higher and a fair few folk will have moved to the east from other parts of the ground. So surely there will be more capacity in all the stands for walk ups???

down-the-slope
20-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Got to remember that the capacity is 3k higher and a fair few folk will have moved to the east from other parts of the ground. So surely there will be more capacity in all the stands for walk ups???

Sorry not aimed at you particularly but THERE ARE NO WALK UPS FOR ANY CAT A MATCH
you need to get a ticket in advance and be already on the database

Pans Hibby
20-08-2010, 07:26 PM
No offence taken - just meant more availability for non ST's.

erin go bragh
20-08-2010, 07:31 PM
was in the to this morning and got two tickets in the singing section.[thought they would have been well sold out by now] the 3 middle blocks are sold out so 4 more blocks to go:wink: cmon hi bees lets make the opening of the east one that will never be forgotten

RoxburghHibs
21-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Sorry not aimed at you particularly but THERE ARE NO WALK UPS FOR ANY CAT A MATCH
you need to get a ticket in advance and be already on the database

I think that's a little misleading to be honest (sorry not wanting to start an argument).

You CAN purchase tickets (as long as there are any available and you are on the Hibs DB) up to kick off at the ticket office.

So "walk up" Hibs fans should be accommodated.

I hope so as I can't commit to going until tomorrow morning so plan to be a "walk up" fan myself :greengrin

(my wife is expecting and as long as the wee one doesn't arrive before tomorrow I'm going)

seanraff07
21-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Been down this morning and got mine. Near the singing section I believe. Row X Seat 191.

Bring it on.

While I was in the TO two smartly dressed guys came in and got tickets for the Rangers end. Maybe probation officers. :greengrin

Couldn't have been Rangers fans then.:greengrin

iwasthere1972
21-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Couldn't have been Rangers fans then.:greengrin

Definitely huns. :agree:

The conversation went along the lines of

Ticket office girl "Hello how can I help you"?

Hun "Hello Hello ad like a couple a tickets for the Rangers end"

down-the-slope
21-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I think that's a little misleading to be honest (sorry not wanting to start an argument).

You CAN purchase tickets (as long as there are any available and you are on the Hibs DB) up to kick off at the ticket office.

So "walk up" Hibs fans should be accommodated.

I hope so as I can't commit to going until tomorrow morning so plan to be a "walk up" fan myself :greengrin

(my wife is expecting and as long as the wee one doesn't arrive before tomorrow I'm going)

You are correct that tickets can be purchased from TO...just thats not what people reffer to as a walk up (ie cash turnstyle...where you are given ticket) and as i previously posted you don't want to risk that if you saw queue situation for Maribor...remember its not just a case of ...2 for East please..£54 thanks ..pay off you go...each sale has to be matched to name / details as part of purchase on system and its slow when system is getting hammered.....

Anyway...more importantly...hope Mrs R is fine and a straightforward birth is had :greengrin...hope you have been saving up in the sleep bank....because you will be making plenty withdrawls soon:wink:

RoxburghHibs
21-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Anyway...more importantly...hope Mrs R is fine and a straightforward birth is had :greengrin...hope you have been saving up in the sleep bank....because you will be making plenty withdrawls soon:wink:

Thank you kind sir :thumbsup:

JohnScott
21-08-2010, 10:03 AM

Who the hell do you think you are? "If you consider yourself a Hibs fan"

I was at Hibs lowest ever gate of 1200 and didn't need a shiny new stand to attend.
(v Partick Thistle if your old enough to remember)

As for your remark "that's what it costs these days" That'll sit perfectly alongside Ashley Coles
"a joke" and "peanuts" (remarks to his pay deal) on footballs epitaph,
which will be required pretty soon if the game dosent get a grip.

I don't know what you do for a living but it sure aint public relations. Not unless your employed by the game in some capacity that is! :bitchy:

hibbytam
21-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Is the ticket office open tomorrow?

hibs0666
21-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Yes

RoxburghHibs
21-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Has anyone been down getting tickets this afternoon?

Any updates on how things are going?

TheEastTerrace
21-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Club sent a promo email yesterday about buying tickets for the game so I would imagine there are plenty left. I just won't pay those prices though, sorry Hibs.

RoxburghHibs
21-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Club sent a promo email yesterday about buying tickets for the game so I would imagine there are plenty left. I just won't pay those prices though, sorry Hibs.

What price would make you attend?
(what do you believe to be a fair price)

hibs0666
21-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Has anyone been down getting tickets this afternoon?

Any updates on how things are going?

Looking at the online ticketing the ticket sales are similar to yesterday - the ff and west stands are showing the end blocks as green and most sections yellow. Only a couple of blocks are sold out.

Dunno what's going on with the east.

TheEastTerrace
21-08-2010, 02:10 PM

I don't believe that an SPL game in this country should be anything over £15 to attend. That's simply on the basis of quality and my own perception of value for money. I know clubs cannot go down to that level, so I just live with it now. I'm not the only one who thinks like this either though. A group of us used to go regular to ER. Now, they've just priced us out and other things take priority in life. That's not to say I don't miss it.

I know the German clubs have much better financial resources, etc but it's their philosophy I agree with more than anything else. Football is seen as a socially inclusive sport and the country/clubs/government gets right behind it with affordable tickets and making the atmosphere good fun for the supporters both in and outside the ground. Their attendances reflect this. Here, you spend way over the odds for a very poor experience, and I don't just mean the football, I mean the whole lot i.e pre-match entertainment, over-zealous stewarding, can't buy a beer, etc, etc.

Neil Doncaster talks about making the SPL more family friendly and having more entertainment. Well, as far as I'm concerned, the clubs neither have the facilities, nor the nous to implement this.

iwasthere1972
21-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I was looking for a seating plan and came across this. Anyone want to buy a "cheap" ticket. Obviously change to day and kick off time but would anyone pay that?

http://www.showtimetickets.com/eventInstance.do?method=load&id=1662072

Price must include a Nade lunch.

francobaresi
21-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Think this was about ticket sales? Reckon there'll be 20,000+ for the game... But I might be wrong...

Jones28
21-08-2010, 03:17 PM

total capacity before the east was rebuilt was 17400:cool2:

iwasthere1972
21-08-2010, 03:22 PM
total capacity before the east was rebuilt was 17400:cool2:

As the word rebuilt would suggest that it had already been demolished I would say nearer 14,000. :wink:

Keith_M
21-08-2010, 03:44 PM
was in the to this morning and got two tickets in the singing section.[thought they would have been well sold out by now] the 3 middle blocks are sold out so 4 more blocks to go:wink: cmon hi bees lets make the opening of the east one that will never be forgotten

Seeing as everybody else is being pernickity about people's posts.. :wink:

There were seven sections in the old East but are actually nine sections in the new stand. So there's still six sections to go.

biggie1875
21-08-2010, 05:24 PM
was down at 3pm n got 2 tickets in the east row d 198 199 they said been busy all day and only limited amount left at end sections

AK86
21-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Who the hell do you think you are? "If you consider yourself a Hibs fan"

I was at Hibs lowest ever gate of 1200 and didn't need a shiny new stand to attend.
(v Partick Thistle if your old enough to remember)

As for your remark "that's what it costs these days" That'll sit perfectly alongside Ashley Coles
"a joke" and "peanuts" (remarks to his pay deal) on footballs epitaph,
which will be required pretty soon if the game dosent get a grip.

I don't know what you do for a living but it sure aint public relations. Not unless your employed by the game in some capacity that is! :bitchy:
very well put that man

renato
21-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Will the TV cameras be situated in the East or West going forward? Should be a much better vantage point for live games and highlights.

I think we'll be just under the old capacity, 17300 approx.

JimBHibees
21-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't believe that an SPL game in this country should be anything over £15 to attend. That's simply on the basis of quality and my own perception of value for money. I know clubs cannot go down to that level, so I just live with it now. I'm not the only one who thinks like this either though. A group of us used to go regular to ER. Now, they've just priced us out and other things take priority in life. That's not to say I don't miss it.

I know the German clubs have much better financial resources, etc but it's their philosophy I agree with more than anything else. Football is seen as a socially inclusive sport and the country/clubs/government gets right behind it with affordable tickets and making the atmosphere good fun for the supporters both in and outside the ground. Their attendances reflect this. Here, you spend way over the odds for a very poor experience, and I don't just mean the football, I mean the whole lot i.e pre-match entertainment, over-zealous stewarding, can't buy a beer, etc, etc.

Neil Doncaster talks about making the SPL more family friendly and having more entertainment. Well, as far as I'm concerned, the clubs neither have the facilities, nor the nous to implement this.

Obviously not been to a game for years then.

Wembley67
21-08-2010, 07:33 PM

Personally I stopped going when it hit the £20 mark. It's not an affordability thing but I refuse to pay anymore for what is generally **** football. Would rather pick and choose my games which are few and far between.

trev the hat
21-08-2010, 07:37 PM
£20 BARGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynaPt5COmY&feature=player_embedded
:top marks

TheEastTerrace
21-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Obviously not been to a game for years then.

Yes, I have. Sorry to dispel your unfounded allegation. The value I alluded to is what I think the so called quality of the football in this country is worth. I am very aware it's been more than £15 for years. Perhaps if you'd read beyond the first sentence. :rolleyes:

truehibernian
21-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I think all clubs will have to look at their pricing structure in the next few years. Football is now regarded as an expensive luxury in the UK. Tickets in Spain, Germany and France are half what we pay here due to better TV monies and better attendances (merchandising, catering, alcohol). I do tend to agree that £27 is way too much for 90 minutes of SPL football. But it is (sadly) the only way we can stay competitive, sign decent players, and keep the structure of the club intact. When you pay your £27, you are paying for the game, wages, youth teams, academy, etc, etc (that's the way I look at it). I also look at it by saying it's about 8 beers on a night out. So rather than have a sore head, a tongue like sandpaper, memories I would rather forget, and a kebab stained shirt............I think I quite like watching my beloved cabbage for £27 :agree:

hibs0666
21-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Use it or lose it.

ekhibee
21-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Even though I totally respect where the money goes after you pay it, in terms of putting some into the youth team, transfers, upgrading the stadium etc, it does feel pretty rank when you see a pretty below average performance on the park. That is the important part after all. Hibs have been generally a fairly inconsistent team for as long as I have been following them, capable of brilliance and at the same time some of the most embarrasing performances I've ever seen. As far as £27 goes, it is a lot of money to pay, but as with the performances, you pay your money and take your chances, sometimes you'll really wonder why you spent that kind of money to watch that crap, other times you'll forget all about what you paid because we played brilliantly and gave Rangers/Hearts/Celtic a good pasting. That's Hibs for you, I suppose.

iwasthere1972
21-08-2010, 10:25 PM
£20 BARGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynaPt5COmY&feature=player_embedded
:top marks

:agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APeLcVk-8vM&NR=1

:thumbsup:

RoxburghHibs
22-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Ok so the new arrival is still on hold - so I can go today.

I probably won't get to the ticket office until about 11:30am - the big question is will I be able to get a ticket for the East Stand (I've no doubt there will be plenty available seats in West if the East is sold out).

iwasthere1972
22-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Ok so the new arrival is still on hold - so I can go today.

I probably won't get to the ticket office until about 11:30am - the big question is will I be able to get a ticket for the East Stand (I've no doubt there will be plenty available seats in West if the East is sold out).

Don't think you'll have any probs getting a seat in the east. Other posters have said there are blocks unsold.

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Personally I stopped going when it hit the £20 mark. It's not an affordability thing but I refuse to pay anymore for what is generally **** football. Would rather pick and choose my games which are few and far between.

In which case you are not really a Hibs supporter as such.

From my point of view the whole meaning of being a supporter is not just cheering the team on a Saturday, but also doing your bit to ensure that the club has the ability to survive and compete at as high a level as possible.

As a supporter the only way to do that is to pay at the gate or buy a season ticket. If you can only affort to go to one game a season and you make that game you are every bit as good as the guy who pays £300 + a year for a ST.

I am not blind to the deficiencies on, or off, the park but how will it ever improve if folk stop going ?

However I do agree that I am probably in the minority with this opinion and if the folk running the game here and in some other countries dont pull their heads out of the sand they will have priced football out of existance.

:bitchy:

Hibby70
22-08-2010, 08:20 AM
i think that 25 should be the max price, but we have one home game in august, the opening of the east and one of the best attacking teams in the league. Give lunch a miss, dont spend £20 in the pub, give up fags for day, dont go to the cinema, get yerself down to easter road.

Baw187
22-08-2010, 08:25 AM
I cannae wait to go based on the fact that bar the Maribor game, we've had no ER pre season games and I have not been able to get to any of the away friendlies. Gagging to see the team, get back to ER for a new season, and gaze in wonder at our completed stadium. I have a ST, however there must be loads of other walk up fans feeling the same as me?!

Based on this, I think we'll be looking at 17,000+

Guess what??? :grr: :greengrin (of course I'm delighted with the birth of my first born but for god sake the timing is poor !)

Another empty seat in the West... wonder if we'll do what the Yams do and count my empty ST seat as me being there...

hibs0666
22-08-2010, 08:46 AM
For me support means financially supporting our club and backing the team during games. Sounds to me too that the guy is more fan than supporter.

RoxburghHibs
22-08-2010, 08:59 AM
i think that 25 should be the max price, but we have one home game in august, the opening of the east and one of the best attacking teams in the league. Give lunch a miss, dont spend £20 in the pub, give up fags for day, dont go to the cinema, get yerself down to easter road.

The amount of people who I have heard complain about prices, then proceed to go tot he pub and watch the game (spending close on the ticket money)!

Come on get along if you can!

Judas Iscariot
22-08-2010, 09:04 AM
In which case you are not really a Hibs supporter as such.

From my point of view the whole meaning of being a supporter is not just cheering the team on a Saturday, but also doing your bit to ensure that the club has the ability to survive and compete at as high a level as possible.

As a supporter the only way to do that is to pay at the gate or buy a season ticket. If you can only affort to go to one game a season and you make that game you are every bit as good as the guy who pays £300 + a year for a ST.

I am not blind to the deficiencies on, or off, the park but how will it ever improve if folk stop going ?

However I do agree that I am probably in the minority with this opinion and if the folk running the game here and in some other countries dont pull their heads out of the sand they will have priced football out of existance.

:bitchy:

I agree :agree:

Bobo
22-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Guess what??? :grr: :greengrin (of course I'm delighted with the birth of my first born but for god sake the timing is poor !)

Another empty seat in the West... wonder if we'll do what the Yams do and count my empty ST seat as me being there...

Commiserations on missing the match mate, at least you can teach the bairn to sing along to the TV/Radio :greengrin

Congratulations on your new arrival.

PiemanP
22-08-2010, 09:31 AM
anyone know if theres a que yet at the TO? going down for 11.15 and dont really want to have to que till KO to get tickets.

Baw187
22-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Commiserations on missing the match mate, at least you can teach the bairn to sing along to the TV/Radio :greengrin

Congratulations on your new arrival.

Cheers Bobo. She's still in the hospital so while mum got some kip, me and the wee lass watched it on my iPhone. I knew there was a reason I paid Sky £5 a month for the privilage!