PDA

View Full Version : John Boyle of Motherwell on SSN

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Going mental at Cardiff just now, class stuff. Hope you will get to see it if you missed.

JimBHibees
17-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Going mental at Cardiff just now, class stuff. Hope you will get to see it if you missed.

Why?

kaimendhibs
17-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Hes quite right. Mibbe just my take, but sounds like the presenter interviewing him is trying to trio him up and make him sound almost petty. Cardiff are out of order and while i am no lover of motherwell they deserve to be paid.

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Why?

They owed them money for a player and have not paid it, Boyle stating the have brought in lots of players since and just ignorned paying Motherwell. Also said they tried to give him some of the money so he didnt go on tv.

He is right though.

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Hes quite right. Mibbe just my take, but sounds like the presenter interviewing him is trying to trio him up and make him sound almost petty. Cardiff are out of order and while i am no lover of motherwell they deserve to be paid.

Looked that way, just because it wasnt a £10m deal presenter tried to make it like was nothing.

Ed De Gramo
17-08-2010, 02:24 PM
They owed them money for a player and have not paid it, Boyle stating the have brought in lots of players since and just ignorned paying Motherwell. Also said they tried to give him some of the money so he didnt go on tv.

He is right though.

Ross McCormack?

The Silver Fox
17-08-2010, 02:24 PM
That was very very funny :agree:

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Ross McCormack?

I canne mind, it wasnt him though

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I would pay good money to watch him and Petrie argue about a deal :thumbsup:

scott7_0(Prague)
17-08-2010, 02:26 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8921892.stm

Quinn!

JimBHibees
17-08-2010, 02:27 PM

He is right though.

Quite right too.

col02
17-08-2010, 02:27 PM

Be Paul Quinn I reckon. Cannot see why Motherwell are getting humpty after the way they treated creditors when in administration!

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2010, 02:28 PM
And of course Boyle will do the decent thing when the money comes in, and properly settle up with all the creditors that 'Well royally shafted for 10p in the pound due, the last time that they went tuppeny's up? Thought not.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Be Paul Quinn I reckon. Cannot see why Motherwell are getting humpty after the way they treated creditors when in administration!

And of course Boyle will do the decent thing when the money comes in, and properly settle up with all the creditors that 'Well royally shafted for 10p in the pound due, the last time that they went tuppeny's up? Thought not.

Yip :agree: what goes round comes round and all that. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
17-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Maybe, once this is settled, he might be able to provide the helpers of folk in wheelchairs with a seat at his dump of a stadium.

You never know, he might be able to afford a second class stamp to enable him to send me a response to the letter that I sent him several months ago.

I won't hold my breath on either count...

smurf
17-08-2010, 02:53 PM
He's right but he's got a short memory....

Hibernia Na Eir
17-08-2010, 02:54 PM

the camp, lispy one has spoken.....

BryanV
17-08-2010, 03:14 PM

It was anything but class stuff from Mr Malaprop, it was embarassing as well as being the height of hypocrisy as others have pointed out.

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 03:16 PM
It was anything but class stuff from Mr Malaprop, it was embarassing as well as being the height of hypocrisy as others have pointed out.

In your opinion, mine is different and im happy with that, wether its hypocrasy or not and it is, he is correct to chase them, and if somebody does same to him they are also right.

Hibee87
17-08-2010, 03:19 PM
scuse my ignorance but what did he do to creditors? i know well went into admin about 10 year ago (give or take a few years) didnt know he/well shated them though :confused:

jgl07
17-08-2010, 03:21 PM

He is right though.
Someone should tell Boyle that all 'big teams' do the same!

jgl07
17-08-2010, 03:27 PM
scuse my ignorance but what did he do to creditors? i know well went into admin about 10 year ago (give or take a few years) didnt know he/well shated them though :confused:
To be fair most of the money was owed to himself!

However a number of players who were on long and relatively lucrative contracts, signed when the TV money was coming in, had these cancelled without compensation.

I don't know if there were any major losers, such as local suppliers etc, in the deal that took Motherwell out of administration?

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 03:49 PM
TBH he should have been paid up front, the tache wouldn't allow this to happen. But he is also right to chase them now.

lEXO
17-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I was just thinking the same thing.He,s right to have a pop at Cardiff for not paying their dues on the transfer balance, but smacks of hyprocrisy when he treated creditors badly and was due a few players a fair bit cash.

boris the blade
17-08-2010, 04:17 PM
TBH he should have been paid up front, the tache wouldn't allow this to happen. But he is also right to chase them now.

John Boyle has a cheek! Snarling on ssn about morals and paying what's due.
He never gave a second thought about leaving those Motherwell players on the scrapheap.

I work with one of the guys who was at Motherwell and he said they were treated deplorably.

lEXO
17-08-2010, 04:18 PM
the camp, lispy one has spoken.....
:greengrin

Toaods
17-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Yogi should step in...."never look a gift horse in the mouth" and all that.

Quinn is a tough, no-nonsense defender with a bit of pace too.

He'd definitely be a decent addition to the squad as he is comfortable on either side and in the middle.

Offer Cardiff a bit of cash to help shake that bit of ***** of their shoe and they'll probably snap our hand off now it's out in the media sector down south.

max £100K would suffice I'd suggest

snooky
17-08-2010, 05:24 PM
I was just thinking the same myself.
What goes around comes around and, aye while I'm at it, his brother still owes me £400 for my defunct ZOOM ticket. :grr:

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 05:35 PM
John Boyle has a cheek! Snarling on ssn about morals and paying what's due.
He never gave a second thought about leaving those Motherwell players on the scrapheap.

I work with one of the guys who was at Motherwell and he said they were treated deplorably.

absolutely, but that doesn't mean anyone can just come along and effectively steal from motherwell.

Kaiser1962
17-08-2010, 05:40 PM
and of course boyle will do the decent thing when the money comes in, and properly settle up with all the creditors that 'well royally shafted for 10p in the pound due, the last time that they went tuppeny's up? Thought not.

exactly this!!!!

boris the blade
17-08-2010, 06:41 PM
absolutely, but that doesn't mean anyone can just come along and effectively steal from motherwell.

I agree but if you watch the interview the man is ranting passionately saying it's a disgrace. He's a disgrace! Should never been aloud back on at well after nearly running them into the ground.

7Hero
17-08-2010, 06:54 PM
serves him / them right..

frazeHFC
17-08-2010, 07:12 PM
On now, quite funny :agree:

snooky
17-08-2010, 07:16 PM

Nice pun BTW :wink:

Hibs Class
17-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I know there's supposedly a "fit & proper" test in England that should restrict who can own an English team. Cannot help feeling that if there was a similar test in Scotland he wouldn't be anywhere near Motherwell right now (although don't know if he is dishonest or just incompetent).