PDA

View Full Version : Graham Smith (Totally unsubstantiated rumour.)

jonjoklej
17-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Heard today he has put in a transfer request
He is not happy at not getting a game

Ritchie
17-08-2010, 02:04 PM
dont let the door hit you on the way out buzz :bye:

Stevie Reid

He's got an unbelievable nerve, if true.

truehibernian
The supporters are so that's what matters :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
17-08-2010, 02:07 PM
at the moment, he's our 3rd choice keeper IMO.....would rather see Flynn there so punt Smith and use the freed up wages to get another player in

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2010, 02:08 PM
What's in a name?
Case of mistaken identity ;)

ionahibby
17-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Dion't blame smith if true seeing as yogi changes 1st team gk like socks!

Westie1875
17-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Bye bye then graeme

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Dion't blame smith if true seeing as yogi changes 1st team gk like socks!

No he disnae, Stack has played virtually every game he's been fit for. Stacks No1 and smiths erse is out the windae.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2010, 02:24 PM
If he is as good as he thinks he is, then he should have no problems finding another club. We were apparently a stop off before he went down south again, so i hope we don't stand in his way.

ionahibby
17-08-2010, 02:28 PM
No he disnae, Stack has played virtually every game he's been fit for. Stacks No1 and smiths erse is out the windae.

I take that was why smith played the maribor game didn't realise stack was injured for that one. Will keep my mouth shut until i know all the facts next time :greengrin

Gettin' Auld
17-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm not happy when he DOES get a game!! :bye:

Hibstrooper
17-08-2010, 02:30 PM
:pray:

Has made more mistakes in his handful of games than Maka, Zibi or McNeil did in their entire Hibs careers - he was just fortunate they didn't come against Hearts.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I take that was why smith played the maribor game didn't realise stack was injured for that one. Will keep my mouth shut until i know all the facts next time :greengrin

:greengrin Yip Stack did his calf in slovenia. Stack is his No1, but does seem to miss a few with injuries. :boo hoo:

JimBHibees
17-08-2010, 02:32 PM

Has made more mistakes in his handful of games than Maka, Zibi or McNeil did in their entire Hibs careers - he was just fortunate they didn't come against Hearts.

Apart from the last derby we played where he was definitely at fault for one and contributed to another .

Dunbar Hibee
17-08-2010, 02:33 PM

2 of them did.

Aldo
17-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Just put petrol in the car...where does he want to go.

Sorry prefer Stack and Brown TBH.

lyonhibs
17-08-2010, 02:36 PM

He's had an inauspicious start, but let's not go getting carried away. More mistakes than Zibi???? :confused:

And his 2nd worst game came against Hearts IMO.

Still, cheerio Buzz, if that's your approach to a challenge.

Hibee_Lisa
17-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Can't say I will miss him if true.

sammy7
17-08-2010, 02:39 PM
cheery bye then :greengrin

Thecat23
17-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I feel sorry for smith, granted he's not been to great but people shouting for brown won't be very happy if he does get a game. He's the worst of them all. At Celtic Lee Naylor said none of the boys rated him at all and he dropped everything in training. He was also poor at catching easy shots. That came from Lee himself.

I watched him warm up during the Maribor game when Smith went to take a break, i play in goals and always watch the keepers warm ups. Brown didn't catch a thing and balls were flying in. Stack for me is defo No.1 but i honestly don't think Smith is as bad as people are saying.

Judas Iscariot
17-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Thank ****

Hibernian Verse
17-08-2010, 02:41 PM
This is how fans end up really disliking players - from unconfirmed, vicious hear-say's.

Judas Iscariot
17-08-2010, 02:45 PM
This is how fans end up really disliking players - from unconfirmed, vicious hear-say's.

Like Kevin Kyle signing for Hibs :cool2:

Cropley10
17-08-2010, 02:45 PM
The Motherwell away performance last season was one of the most bizarre performances by a goalie I'd ever witnessed.

Doubt this is true for a second, but hope it is.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2010, 02:47 PM

I disliked him way before hearing this. His superman antics in dingwall, his performance against Hearts. He's a shocking keeper, lets get rid as soon as possible. We have a nasty habit of keeping sheite keepers, hopefully we dont do that with him.

Hibernian Verse
17-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Like Kevin Kyle signing for Hibs :cool2:

You hate him for choosing Hearts? :confused:

biffo1875
17-08-2010, 02:49 PM

if true please let him go bye bye jambo:bye:

smurf
17-08-2010, 02:52 PM
I still rate him...:cool2:

Hibernian Verse
17-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I disliked him way before hearing this. His superman antics in dingwall, his performance against Hearts. He's a shocking keeper, lets get rid as soon as possible. We have a nasty habit of keeping sheite keepers, hopefully we dont do that with him.

No I know, I don't like him either :greengrin I was just saying that for those that do, hearing something like this might sway them even if it's keek.

Holmesdale Hibs
17-08-2010, 03:08 PM
He looked really good for his first handful of games then his confidence went down hill when we were getting beat every week.

He was dodgy vs Hearts but his mistakes have been nowhere near the howlers Zibi used to make on a regular basis. Far better than Caig, Brown etc but that’s hardly the bench mark of a good keeper.

Stack in No 1 for me but Smith is a better sub than we’ve had for a while. Not bothered if he goes but don’t think he’s as bad as some on here are making out.

Greenblood70
17-08-2010, 03:14 PM
If true I doubt any supporters will be shedding a tear about this.

Never seen such a nervous goalkeeper, he's scared of his own shadow.

500miles
17-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Smith will feel that he needs to be getting games. He's a good keeper, we saw that when he was with Motherwell, and early on with us, but his confidence has taken a bashing at his last club, and later here. If he feels that he is currently third choice, then he is well within his rights to put in a transfer request rather than sit around and collect a wage.

I don't get the hate mob gathering here?:confused:

Thecat23
17-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Smith will feel that he needs to be getting games. He's a good keeper, we saw that when he was with Motherwell, and early on with us, but his confidence has taken a bashing at his last club, and later here. If he feels that he is currently third choice, then he is well within his rights to put in a transfer request rather than sit around and collect a wage.

:top markswell said mate.

hibeenicol
17-08-2010, 04:07 PM

I smell

:jamboak:

sammy7
17-08-2010, 04:12 PM
he no away yet? :grr:

:greengrin

Hibby 2005
17-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Too many goalies, someone has to go.

Golden Bear
17-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Jeez I hope Yogi has issued a blanket ban which prevents the players from viewing the candid opinions and "advice" that is freely available on Hibs Net!

:rolleyes:

PeterboroHibee
17-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Quite happy for one of the current 3 keepers to be going, never going to manage to keep them all happy so one has to move on. Think Brown still deserves a chance (considering he hasnt had one yet), and Stacks probably the better of the other 2. Smith has had some good moments but games such as against Well were terrible, one of the worst goalkeeping performances Ive seen in a while.

Nothing against him, can understand why he would want to move on (if its true) so good luck to him if he does leave.

sammy7
17-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Jeez I hope Yogi has issued a blanket ban which prevents the players from viewing the candid opinions and "advice" that is freely available on Hibs Net!

i dont.. i hope he logs on and see's this.. and if it isn't true, i hope he does it! :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Whats the common factor?

Thecat23
17-08-2010, 04:25 PM
i dont.. i hope he logs on and see's this.. and if it isn't true, i hope he does it! :agree:

Because that will help his confidense :confused:

sammy7
17-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Because that will help his confidense :confused:

hes no confidence anyway, ive never had less confidence in a goalie! he looks scared everytime he comes on the pitch.. he is a nervous wreck and needs to do one out of easter road, asap!

.Sean.
17-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Well said BH, can't really add much to that. For me first choice is Stack, we don't need both Smith and Brown so punt one of them and use their wages on somebody new. We also have Tam Flynn coming through who given time will be a fine keeper.

I don't know of any players who take much of an interest in what's said on .net or the bounce, but I know that there are folk at the club who do keep an eye on what is posted.

.Sean.
17-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Whats the common factor?
Gordon Marshall?

:greengrin

marinello59
17-08-2010, 04:31 PM

:agree:
If that is the case then best of luck to him.

Thecat23
17-08-2010, 04:32 PM
hes no confidence anyway, ive never had less confidence in a goalie! he looks scared everytime he comes on the pitch.. he is a nervous wreck and needs to do one out of easter road, asap!

When he arrived he was playing well.. then one mistake the fans rip him to bits hense more mistakes. Trust me Zibbi was worse mate he looked like he wanted off the pitch in the warm ups.

sammy7
17-08-2010, 04:36 PM
When he arrived he was playing well.. then one mistake the fans rip him to bits hense more mistakes. Trust me Zibbi was worse mate he looked like he wanted off the pitch in the warm ups.

i get what youre saying but ive seriously never had less confidence in a goalie! he looks like he is physically scared of a crossed ball!

nothing against the guy as a person... but i rate the other 2 far more. his confidence is the major key in his bad performances, and he hasnt gained any, and in my opinion, he wont.. so best thing he can do is do one!

Toaods
17-08-2010, 04:37 PM
I feel sorry for smith, granted he's not been to great but people shouting for brown won't be very happy if he does get a game. He's the worst of them all. At Celtic Lee Naylor said none of the boys rated him at all and he dropped everything in training. He was also poor at catching easy shots. That came from Lee himself.

I watched him warm up during the Maribor game when Smith went to take a break, i play in goals and always watch the keepers warm ups. Brown didn't catch a thing and balls were flying in. Stack for me is defo No.1 but i honestly don't think Smith is as bad as people are saying.

said Lee Naylor, celtic's 7th choice left back who couldnae trap a bag of cement if it fell on him.

Thecat23
17-08-2010, 04:45 PM
i get what youre saying but ive seriously never had less confidence in a goalie! he looks like he is physically scared of a crossed ball!

nothing against the guy as a person... but i rate the other 2 far more. his confidence is the major key in his bad performances, and he hasnt gained any, and in my opinion, he wont.. so best thing he can do is do one!

Fair enough, i suppose we all have players we just think aren't good enough! For me i think Mark Brown should leave.

Thecat23
17-08-2010, 04:46 PM
said Lee Naylor, celtic's 7th choice left back who couldnae trap a bag of cement if it fell on him.

Always thought Lee could do a job for us but he wanted to go back home.. Didn't think he was that bad!!

sammy7
17-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Fair enough, i suppose we all have players we just think aren't good enough! For me i think Mark Brown should leave.

ok graeme smith :greengrin

Thecat23
17-08-2010, 04:50 PM
ok graeme smith :greengrin

I have a feeling i'm not going to get the better of you on this :wink:

sammy7
17-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I have a feeling i'm not going to get the better of you on this :wink:

absolutely not :greengrin

matty_f
17-08-2010, 04:58 PM
6 posts, start a rumour like this and everyone sticks the boot in. Great.

jacomo
17-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Too many goalies, someone has to go.

What are you talking about? Yogi's setting up an East of Scotland goalkeeping academy, remember?

Or was that just yet another instance of our manager talking pony.

West Stand View
17-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I thought he had a reasonable start but there have been some nervy performances since. Also because we have had a run of poor keepers I think performances go under the microscope and everytime someone makes a mistake we all think here we go again.

ekhibee
17-08-2010, 05:53 PM
I hope it's true, because for me he was overrated in the first place by some people on here, and I'm not surprised that he is not first choice, particularly after the Motherwell game and the last derby game. He had a good run in the team last season, and plenty of time to prove his worth. In my opinion he doesn't inspire confidence in the defenders in front of him, mind you Hogg inspires them even less, but Smith, to me, is just another in a long line of erratic Hibs goalkeepers. Still thnk he wasn't as bad as Zibi, and nowhere near as bad as Simon Brown or Tony Caig.

allezsauzee
17-08-2010, 06:28 PM

More mistakes than Maka? yeah right!

Funny how people forget that when he was playing our hearts would be in our mouths any time the ball was remotely near him...even dealing with a passback wasn't a foregone conclusion. We do need to lose a keeper though. Not all that fussed which one as they're much of a muchness.

MrSmith
17-08-2010, 06:29 PM
More mistakes than Maka? yeah right!

Funny how people forget that when he was playing our hearts would be in our mouths any time the ball was remotely near him...even dealing with a passback wasn't a foregone conclusion. We do need to lose a keeper though. Not all that fussed which one as they're much of a muchness.

I'd have rather we kept Maka than Smith or Brown. Not overly keen on Stack but think he would have been a good for Maka.

allezsauzee
17-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I'd have rather we kept Maka than Smith or Brown. Not overly keen on Stack but think he would have been a good for Maka.

Maka was, is and always will be utter mince

jabis
17-08-2010, 06:44 PM

having only read the first 7 posts, I can only assume the yams are having a slow day on brokeback !

MrSmith
17-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Fair enough!

I looked at is stats, 57 appearances for Hibs 59 Goals conceded!

Graeme Smith 12 appearances how many goals?

Edinburgh Green
17-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I hope he doesn't play for us again, mainly due to his girly voice.

(((Fergus)))
17-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Why would a yam start a thread like this which could contribute (conceivably) to Smith leaving Hibs?

Are they thick or something?

jabis
17-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Why would a yam start a thread like this which could contribute (conceivably) to Smith leaving Hibs?

Are they thick or something?

No,they just want to laugh at Hibs fans argueing about goalies !

they succeded.

Keith_M
17-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Six posts. Hibbies taking his unsubstantiated rumour as fact, Hibbies then rounding on a current player as a result. Wow, you lot are some supporters.

:bitchy:

sixtwo
17-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm not gonna slag the lad off but I'd be happy to see him go. He is surplus to requirements. If he were to leave it would allow yogi to 'shuffle the pack a wee bit mair' and free up wages for other players.

Good luck to him if he leaves, good luck to him if he stays aswell though.

boris the blade
17-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I reckon hibs haven't had a top class keeper since jim Leighton. Andersson was decent. Colgan, zibi, ollie, aka all very poor and prone to howlers. Stacks shot stopping is excellent and did well enough on Sunday. Brown no.2. Smith hasn't convinced me and to be honest I thought he was overrated at Motherwell. Weegie press seem to bum up well players and make them look better than they are so the club can generate interest in my opinion. They are the spl charity case!

keep the faith
17-08-2010, 08:42 PM
What an embarrassing thread. Fans tearing into our own keeper based on somebody making something up. Poor stuff.

Gala Foxes
17-08-2010, 08:58 PM
started writing the request on Sunday at Motherwell but kept dropping the pen

RickyS
17-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Maka was, is and always will be utter mince

spot on, Smith has had a few games where he has let us/himself down but to mention him in the same sentence as Maka/Zibbi/McNeill is unbelievable. I think Smith is an SPL standard keeper, those other three are not.

Sandy
18-08-2010, 05:53 AM

:agree::top marks jeezo, someone posts that a player who appears to be 3rd choice for his position wants to leave to get a game, and said player is then rounded on by supporters :confused:

brog
18-08-2010, 08:33 AM

I agree your sentiments re the hate mob but I'm afraid I can't agree he was ever a good keeper. Well fans didn't shed many tears when he left & he was diabolical at Brighton, I think that's where he lost all his confidence. I posted weeks ago that I would never have let him have the jersey again after the 6-6 game & it seems Yogi has finally agreed. I'm afraid I regard Stack as the best of a very moderate bunch, I never understood the Brown signing, & I'm at a loss as to why we've been unable to have a commanding keeper for over 10 years now. Well, Arabs & even Yams seem to unearth such keepers regularly. I believe we should have gone for Neil Alexander a year or 2 back & he may still be available at a reasonable price.

SaulGoodman
18-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Nae wonder we've had so many goalies that make mistakes!

It's a difficult job being a goalie for hibs, The goalies must sign and think "oh no. I'm a goalie for hibs" because they could play brilliant and then suddenly one mistake and they've had it the fans think "here we go again" and start giving the goalies pelters. That can't inspire confidence.

I can't remember what game it was but as the players were coming out of the tunnel for kick off, some guy in front of me yelled "your ***** Smith!"

Maybe if we encouraged the keepers they'd be more confided.

SaulGoodman
18-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Before someone points out. I meant confident. My phone let me edit :faf:

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I can't remember what game it was but as the players were coming out of the tunnel for kick off, some guy in front of me yelled "your ***** Smith!"

Maybe if we encouraged the keepers they'd be more confided.

:agree: Slagging your own players on match day does not help one bit.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2010, 09:17 AM
He didn't put a transfer request in.

Smith had the request typed out and signed on a sheet of A4 paper, but in the car park on route to the stadium entrance, Hoggy was exiting his car and shouted 'morning Graeme!' and thus distracted, Smith allowed the request to slip through his fingers, where, composed of that new lightweight paper so vogue these days, it caught in the wind and billowed up in the air, leaving Smith floundering, trying to grab a hold of it. Hogg was alert enough, but was a bit too short to intercept and was perhaps a little bullied by the strong gale.

Thankfully, the request flew harmlessly over the stadium, and we still have our sticksman.

"Sorry you lost that sheet of paper, Graeme", Hoggy consoled, "was it anything important?"

"Just a dry cleaning bill. I soil my underwear rather badly during the 90 mins with only you in between me and opposition forwards."

keep the faith
18-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Well said meh. Smith is actually not a bad keeper and could be steady cover for stack. His confidence is clearly not great just now and us lot can't wait to condemn him and lump him in the the poor keepers we have had.
Honestly fellow hi bees, the constant critisism of our own on here is getting beyond constructive and its really noticable that its transferring to the stands.
It's great to debate and opinionate (that's why we all use Hibs net) but we really need to start supporting too. We don't want to be dillusional yam like but sometimes at er I feel like we are the most negative fans around. We all need to take a settler I think.
Mon the cabbage!!

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Well said meh. Smith is actually not a bad keeper and could be steady cover for stack. His confidence is clearly not great just now and us lot can't wait to condemn him and lump him in the the poor keepers we have had.
Honestly fellow hi bees, the constant critisism of our own on here is getting beyond constructive and its really noticable that its transferring to the stands.
It's great to debate and opinionate (that's why we all use Hibs net) but we really need to start supporting too. We don't want to be dillusional yam like but sometimes at er I feel like we are the most negative fans around. We all need to take a settler I think.
Mon the cabbage!!

We should support every player who wears a shirt on matchday,:agree: but the message boards are where we can tell it as it is. In my opinion Smith should never wear another Hibs goalkeeping top again, i just think he's crap. As i said a while back, we have a habit of signing keepers who are not very good, and sticking with them for way too long, dont let Smith be another. Get rid ASAP imho.

JimBHibees
18-08-2010, 12:54 PM
He didn't put a transfer request in.

Smith had the request typed out and signed on a sheet of A4 paper, but in the car park on route to the stadium entrance, Hoggy was exiting his car and shouted 'morning Graeme!' and thus distracted, Smith allowed the request to slip through his fingers, where, composed of that new lightweight paper so vogue these days, it caught in the wind and billowed up in the air, leaving Smith floundering, trying to grab a hold of it. Hogg was alert enough, but was a bit too short to intercept and was perhaps a little bullied by the strong gale.

Thankfully, the request flew harmlessly over the stadium, and we still have our sticksman.

"Sorry you lost that sheet of paper, Graeme", Hoggy consoled, "was it anything important?"

"Just a dry cleaning bill. I soil my underwear rather badly during the 90 mins with only you in between me and opposition forwards."

Another DBS Classic. :greengrin

capitals_finest
18-08-2010, 01:02 PM
HEARD FROM EXCELLENT SOURCE... a russian team have offered him a contract but he has said no.

Gala Foxes
18-08-2010, 07:12 PM
HEARD FROM EXCELLENT SOURCE... a russian team have offered him a contract but he has said no.

would you not say nyet to a Russian team rather than no ?