PDA

View Full Version : Well done France FA

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 01:46 PM
They have suspended Anelka for 18 matches for his part in the WC debacle, Anelka had retired from France but that screws him if he changes his mind. Fining players doesnt work stopping them playing is better IMO, hope Blanc drops most of them.

Before Bosman it was seen that players didnt get a lot of say in things, its gone way to far in players favour now.

DCI Gene Hunt
17-08-2010, 01:50 PM
The French go on strike for anything. Their football team was no exception...

Guv

cwilliamson85
17-08-2010, 02:00 PM
I don’t think it’s that big a deal. Was he really going to play again for France? That team is ageing and need to rebuild and with forwards like Benzema not even going to the tournament. Anelka was probably going to retire (again) from international football anyways.

Do you think they would have done this 18 match ban if this happened during the qualifiers? I think not.

Anyways the French FA have a lot to answer for anyways. How could the let Domenech stay in charge for so long when he clearly had no control / authority over players.

BryanV
17-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Well, that's that. Unless Craig Le Vein becomes their manager.

Jack
17-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Never liked him, always throught he was a grade A thingymabob.

He's the sort of person that never deserved the gift god gave him and kinda proves there is no God! :cool2:

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 02:09 PM
I don’t think it’s that big a deal. Was he really going to play again for France? That team is ageing and need to rebuild and with forwards like Benzema not even going to the tournament. Anelka was probably going to retire (again) from international football anyways.

Do you think they would have done this 18 match ban if this happened during the qualifiers? I think not.

Anyways the French FA have a lot to answer for anyways. How could the let Domenech stay in charge for so long when he clearly had no control / authority over players.

Yeah I do, they have qualifiers soon. Wether or not the French Fa made arse of Dommenech, supporters paid a lot of money to go there and watch, every player should have got on and did this after the WC, total lack of respect to the people whom IMO matter most the fans, players were selfish.