PDA

View Full Version : Blink 182

Sylar
17-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I went along to the AECC last night to see Blink 182 playing for the first time. I was a fan of them many years ago, but the one gig they were to do in Scotland which I managed to get tickets for, they cancelled, so I never saw them when I was a BIG fan.

I was a little worried I would have felt a little "grown up" to enjoy their expected toilet humour, dick and fart jokes, but it was a really good gig!

Also would put money on them either headlining T in the Park or doing another big tour next year, as they said they would be coming back next year once their new album was done and dusted

Calvin
17-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Sold my ticket to see them in Glasgow tonight, but if you're going then have fun!

I would have quite liked to see them. Was it a decent set they played last night?

.Sean.
17-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Sold my ticket to see them in Glasgow tonight, but if you're going then have fun!

I would have quite liked to see them. Was it a decent set they played last night?
So did my sister. She fell out with her pals, sold the ticket and they're now pals again.

Wummin eh :dizzy:

Calvin
17-08-2010, 04:51 PM
So did my sister. She fell out with her pals, sold the ticket and they're now pals again.

Wummin eh :dizzy:
:idiot:

I originally sold it because A) All their songs are synonymous with the 13 year old me and he was a wee fud and I don't like to be reminded of that, B) Basically everyone I know is going, and C) Feeder are playing the Liquid Room tonight.

As it turns out, I'm working now anyway - quite gutted I won't see Feeder though!

Sylar
19-08-2010, 08:37 AM

Their set on Monday night was good - pretty much a Greatest Hits set, with a few less well known tracks thrown in for the older fans.

It was enjoyable enough, from a nostalgiac point of view if nothing else.

Dinkydoo
19-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Alkaline Trio are much better............... :greengrin

DAVE1875
20-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Have Blink 182 discovered what their real age is yet?

Gatecrasher
20-08-2010, 03:47 PM
used to be one of my fave non dance music bands (theres not many :greengrin)

kinda wish i went but some of their songs are class :agree: