PDA

View Full Version : Everyone up and singing on sunday

hibs4eve
16-08-2010, 09:32 PM
WE SUPPORT ARE LOCAL TEAM newcastle singing it against man u class:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:gree ngrin

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2010, 10:16 PM
WE SUPPORT ARE LOCAL TEAM newcastle singing it against man u class:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:gree ngrin

Always wondered why we have never come up with a song or chant about supporting your local team versus being a glory hunter to use when we play the OF.

How about to the tune of I belong to Glasgow.

Yer all just glory hunters
Traitors tae yer toon
You only go to Glasgow when the fitba comes aroond.

If winning was all that mattered
Then we'd be just like you
But we support our local team
So shame on you.

Or something like that :greengrin

jane_says
16-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Always wondered why we have never come up with a song or chant about supporting your local team versus being a glory hunter to use when we play the OF.

Traitors tae yer toon

So shame on you.

:greengrin like the sound of that!!

hibeeleicester
16-08-2010, 11:24 PM
good shout :thumbsup:

deeks01
16-08-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm from ayrshire :confused: , can i sing "i support my grandads local team?" :wink:

Diclonius
17-08-2010, 12:46 AM
I've grown up in Carnoustie - can I sing "I support the local team of the city I lived in for the first year of my life"..? :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
17-08-2010, 05:20 AM

Pirates in Newcastle???? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lucky
17-08-2010, 05:25 AM
What about Hibs supporters who don't support our local team? Are we glory hunters?

RIP
17-08-2010, 06:36 AM
I don't support my local team either :greengrin

Steve20
17-08-2010, 06:39 AM
The "WE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL TEAM" song is cringeworthy.

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2010, 06:45 AM

Traitors tae yer toon

So shame on you.

I am liking the irony here.... :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
17-08-2010, 06:45 AM
The "WE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL TEAM" song is cringeworthy.

Another great piece of positive input from you..

RIP
17-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Where's that songbook that was getting distributed at Carlisle? I'd like to download a few

Bohemian_Hibee
17-08-2010, 06:57 AM
"ARE" :grr:

Anyway, prefer the... "We're from the Capital, you're from a Sh*tehole" :agree:

marinello59
17-08-2010, 07:13 AM
What about Hibs supporters who don't support our local team? Are we glory hunters?

Yes. We're just not very good at it.:boo hoo:

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 07:37 AM

:greengrin no hibs fan could ever be described as a glory hunter

Houchy
17-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Seeing as their skint, how about a take off from what we done at Tynie and just wave £20 notes at them.:agree:

Or from the reebok advert "bellies gonna get you", we could change that to "tax man's gonna get you!!!"

down the slope
17-08-2010, 08:24 AM
What if i don't want to sing and just watch the game ?.

Houchy
17-08-2010, 08:32 AM

Well do that then:confused:

I don't know if your post is tongue in cheek but this is just suggestions for people that might want to try and give our team a lift via the medium of vocal support and stop ER from being devoid of atmosphere.

Each to their own though buddy.

khib70
17-08-2010, 08:33 AM
:agree:There's a totally over the top obsession with singing on here. Sing if you want. Me, if I want to sing I'll join a choir.

I'll be there supporting my team. Quite loudly, as is my habit. I pay my money to watch football, and I come on here to talk about it.

Sandy
17-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Am I allowed to sing along ?, I only ask as I was born in Edinburgh, but brought up elsewhere, and am now stuck in this sheeithole :greengrin

marinello59
17-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Am I allowed to sing along ?, I only ask as I was born in Edinburgh, but brought up elsewhere, and am now stuck in this sheeithole :greengrin

I'd love to see somebody trying to stop you once you get in to full flow.:greengrin

MacBean
17-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I seriously cannot believe people are on a thread about singing, complaining that they dont want to sing!!!
Are we really that fickle?!?!

WHY ARE YOU ON THIS THREAD THEN!?!

Sing if you want,
Don't sing if you don't want to.

Let those that do want to sing dicuss it on here

Sandy
17-08-2010, 09:15 AM
I'd love to see somebody trying to stop you once you get in to full flow.:greengrin

Now remind me again, who was it after that great 3-0 win in the SC at Ibrox, that sang all the way back on the train 'number 1 was Ivan Sproule, number 2 was Ivan Sproule......................' :dunno::faf::faf::faf:

khib70
17-08-2010, 09:32 AM
I seriously cannot believe people are on a thread about singing, complaining that they dont want to sing!!!
Are we really that fickle?!?!

WHY ARE YOU ON THIS THREAD THEN!?!

Sing if you want,
Don't sing if you don't want to.

Let those that do want to sing dicuss it on here
You've not quite got the hang of this, have you. I have an opinion about singing, as do other people. The board is for expressing opinions. An opinion about singing logically goes on a singing thread.

Simples?

MacBean
17-08-2010, 09:37 AM
You've not quite got the hang of this, have you. I have an opinion about singing, as do other people. The board is for expressing opinions. An opinion about singing logically goes on a singing thread.

Simples?

Don't patronise me.

The OP makes a suggestion for a song. You either comment on his song, or provide an alternative. I concede that his choice of thread title is perhaps wrong.

RIP
17-08-2010, 09:39 AM

Then you are a spectator sir!

Spectators are always welcome at Easter Road :wink:

RIP
17-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I pay my money to watch football and I come on here to talk about it.

If I wanted to watch football - I'd get SKY!

Vive la difference!!

marinello59
17-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Now remind me again, who was it after that great 3-0 win in the SC at Ibrox, that sang all the way back on the train 'number 1 was Ivan Sproule, number 2 was Ivan Sproule......................' :dunno::faf::faf::faf:

I still think we should have kept it going until we reached number 1875. Then started again.:greengrin

Sandy
17-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I still think we should have kept it going until we reached number 1875. Then started again.:greengrin

We did, I only stopped when I got home and the wife kicked me out of the bed :grr::greengrin