PDA

View Full Version : first day observations

mjhibby
16-08-2010, 06:31 PM
First of all wasnt it great apart from the old firm results none of the so called experts got any result right.i know it is dangerous to look too much into the season after one game but here goes with my head on the chopping block.

1.Rangers.Picked up the3 points.Not impressive and may lose more points than last season but their season depends on how many injuries they pick up and with the champions league they could be vulnerable around the times of their games.Davis is the key to them.Their first choice 11 is still the best in the spl.
2.Celtic.Same as last season creating loads of chances but no taking them which will mean defeats to the likes of us and united.Unless they gel quickly its second place for them
3 The arabs.Im hoping the 3rd place curse will strike.If they get through to the group stages of the europa league might struggle though.Still favourites for 3rd but miles off second place material
4.Hibees.The usual mix of brillaint and poor.Noticed a great team ethic yesterday and they all seem to be pulling together.Still need a couple of more players to challenge for third if not 4th place again
5.Hertz.Their game was a rerun of last season where they get lots of possesion but dont score.Yes they were missing players but what most of the press didnt say that so were the saintees who had grainger carroed off and anderson sent off but hertz still couldnt win.Even with elliot and kyle fit(a big if by the way) there are weaker than last season and i think fifth is the best they will do.Losing more and more goals from set peices which is a big worry for jeffries and one he doesnt seem able to solve.
6.Motherwell.what yesterday showed was that they have lost a lot of quality from last season and had nish not given that penalty away they would have been beaten comfortably by hibs which is ominous for them and good for us.Pity we diidnt get their draw in europe as im sure we would have got through.Think they will miss out on the top six
7 St johnstone.minus a few players,a man injured and one sent off they still get a draw at the pbs.look a good bet to be 6th.
8.Aberdeen.good start from them but maybe misleading.Hartley will do well for them but once the heads go down then dont think hartley will save them.
9.Hamilton.is the constant sale of play.ers finally catching up with them.Too early to say but will be well clear of the bottom though
10.Invernes.Good effort against celtic and will give teams like ourselves a game in the high lands.Think they will be safe.
11.Killie.played well against rangers and mixu could confound the critics.hopefully he does but think they will struggle but stay up.
12.St mirren.Good effort against the arabs and what a goal by sean lynch( never did that for us.Cant see anything but relegation for them.Hope im wrong and danny lennon,a good hibby in his day keeps them up but with his budget he will do a great job keeping them up.

Will be an interesting season if nothing else as long as we ignore the quality.

Kevvy1875
16-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Still early days...

Re: your point about Davis who I agree is a key man for them especially with losing Thomshun and Boyd etc. He didn't play on Saturday, not even in the squad. Injured or Sold(about to be sold)??????

A couple of other intersting things....Killie didn't get hammered when I expected them to at Ibrox tbh. Same goes for the Buddies Vs utd....these two were looking very much like relegation certainty's(one of them)...Im not so sure now.

Very pleased with Hibs start and I could see a a team starting to emerge in that 2nd half yesterday instead of the disjointed but talented outfit we have been for sometime now. Hopefully Yogi's message is getting across to the players now and we will play like that more often.

As for the Yams?.....Not impressive at all Im glad to say. They will be middle of the table at best this season. Why...still going to struggle to score goals. Last season it was finishers, this season creativity is their problem. With Paraheadbutted and Black as the creative force........s******.

mjhibby
17-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Still early days...

Re: your point about Davis who I agree is a key man for them especially with losing Thomshun and Boyd etc. He didn't play on Saturday, not even in the squad. Injured or Sold(about to be sold)??????

A couple of other intersting things....Killie didn't get hammered when I expected them to at Ibrox tbh. Same goes for the Buddies Vs utd....these two were looking very much like relegation certainty's(one of them)...Im not so sure now.

Very pleased with Hibs start and I could see a a team starting to emerge in that 2nd half yesterday instead of the disjointed but talented outfit we have been for sometime now. Hopefully Yogi's message is getting across to the players now and we will play like that more often.

As for the Yams?.....Not impressive at all Im glad to say. They will be middle of the table at best this season. Why...still going to struggle to score goals. Last season it was finishers, this season creativity is their problem. With Paraheadbutted and Black as the creative force........s******.

Was speaking to a good friend of mine yesterday who is a seaosn ticket holder at the pbs(yes there are some decent ones)and even he is blinkered to hertz problem of scoring.Just looking at the highlights of their game,once kyle and elliot came in it was route one.I hope they do play them both as i can see teams like ourselves and united creating loads of chances against them with the loss of a midfielder in their team.They have no creativity in their team and driver will be on and off the treatment table.They just dont seem to see how the loss of congalves will soon bite and yet again they lost a goal from a cross into the box.Utd will have a field day against them and while we could all be proved wrong,from as much as an unbiased viewpoint as we can give they will be 5th at best this season.Saturdays game at hamilton should be interesting and if they dont win that one thats 2 points against bottom six teams.They are not such full of it in sickbag and maybe the penny is slightly dropping.Im sure 1 win for them and their going to split the oldfirm.they do make you laugh though.:greengrin