PDA

View Full Version : Have Maka and Benji found new clubs yet?

maturehibby
16-08-2010, 12:23 PM
have been out of the country for a wee while and dont know what has happened to these players .
I liked both of them and felt that whilst it did not work out for them at ER if they got that wee bit of bite back into their game they can do a good job elsewhere- can someone help me find out

Houchy
16-08-2010, 12:26 PM
have been out of the country for a wee while and dont know what has happened to these players .
I liked both of them and felt that whilst it did not work out for them at ER if they got that wee bit of bite back into their game they can do a good job elsewhere- can someone help me find out

I'm sure I read somewhere that Maka did:agree: Can't remember who though sorry (maybe a club in the lower English leagues).

Not heard anything about Benji.

Edit: just read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yves_Ma-Kalambay and seems I may be talking nonsense re Maka.

Speedway
16-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Benji to Killie. Watch this space.

Or this one < > whichever you prefer.

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Benji to Killie. Watch this space.

Or this one < > whichever you prefer.

Well him and Mixu did have a great relationship.

Gettin' Auld
16-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Did Benji not sign for some Egyptian team?

Frogga
16-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm sure Benji signed for a 2nd tier German team.

Gala Foxes
16-08-2010, 04:25 PM
who cares about maka - as long as he doesnt come back

Stew the Hibee
16-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Benji had signed with Furth in Bundesliga 2, but they cancelled the move due to his demands.

Pretty Boy
16-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Well Maka was attracting the attention of a top 3 team in Spain as well as a few English clubs including his ex club Chelsea.

I reckon he's playing them off against each other to get the best deal for himself.

Either that or he was talking absolute nonsense in that interview he gave to the EEN a few weeks back.

Hibernian Verse
16-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Someone posted an article a while back saying he's playing for Raja Casablanca.

.Sean.
16-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Well Maka was attracting the attention of a top 3 team in Spain as well as a few English clubs including his ex club Chelsea.

I reckon he's playing them off against each other to get the best deal for himself.

Either that or he was talking absolute nonsense in that interview he gave to the EEN a few weeks back.
I wonder if he'll feel he's got unfinished business at Chelsea or if he'll choose between the offers he has received from Real or Barca? :hmmm:

Duffys13
16-08-2010, 05:37 PM
who cares about maka - as long as he doesnt come back

Id rather have Maka than Smith

Perspective
16-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I hope it works out well for two good, humble young guys who I think have the talent to flourish in a different environment.

Before the inevitable pot-shots I'd direct people to this post-match link from Tannadice last season (from 1.24 in - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hiGRhftYaY)

blairwallace
16-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Benji signed a three year deal at real madrid worth 30k p/w :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
16-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Benji signed a three year deal at real madrid worth 30k p/w :thumbsup:

Makes sense.

I can remember fighting a losing battle against some of the resident 'experts' on here who were/are convinced he is a better player than Steven Fletcher.

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2010, 08:42 PM
I hope it works out well for two good, humble young guys who I think have the talent to flourish in a different environment.

Before the inevitable pot-shots I'd direct people to this post-match link from Tannadice last season (from 1.24 in - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hiGRhftYaY)

Loved them both, was sorry to see them go, and wish them well. Agree that both have the talent to do well in the game.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Maka's allegedly retired from football and is now in a civil partnership with HibsSpain......

sesoim
16-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Makes sense.

I can remember fighting a losing battle against some of the resident 'experts' on here who were/are convinced he is a better player than Steven Fletcher.

To be fair, he WAS the better player for a while around 2006/2007. A mixture of injuries, lack of fitness, loss of form and questionable attitude meant he was pretty poor after that.

Fletch never really did as much as you would expect a £3M player to do for Hibs - he showed enough ability to attract buyers (ie fancy touches) but he didn't actually win us many games the way Riordan and Stokes do. He's one of these guys who looks classy but will only score 1 in 4 whether he is playing for Barcelona or Brechin.

jacomo
16-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Loved them both, was sorry to see them go, and wish them well. Agree that both have the talent to do well in the game.

Ditto.

Wish them both well, under the right management I think both could thrive.

skipster7
17-08-2010, 08:26 AM

:agree: i still feel benji was a fantastic talent with the ball at his feet but for whatever reason his application/attitude at times seemed to let him down.

Jones28
17-08-2010, 08:36 AM
I wished we'd kept Maka, not only was he excellent on his day but he was without doubt the coolest keeper ive ever seen at easter road :agree:

Plus the fact he gave me my best memory of tynecastle (0-1, the Brian Kerr goal)

(((Fergus)))
17-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Can't believe we'd let Maka go while keeping Squeaker and Benji go while we only have three strikers in the squad.

Hibstrooper
17-08-2010, 11:40 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?188387-Update-on-Benji&p=2525204&highlight=#post2525204

Still not sure if that is where he has ended up though

WellingtonHibby
17-08-2010, 11:53 AM
:agree::agree::agree:
Id rather have Maka than Smith

Golden Bear
17-08-2010, 12:00 PM
If Maka was really as wonderful as some posters think then I'm sure he would have been snapped up by a big club by now. The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2010, 12:05 PM
If Maka was really as wonderful as some posters think then I'm sure he would have been snapped up by a big club by now. The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes.

Indeed. In fact you could drop the word "big" from your sentence.

--------
17-08-2010, 12:05 PM

Ditto.

Wish them both well, under the right management I think both could thrive.

Me too. I'd still have Maka back at ER. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Me too. I'd still have Maka back at ER. :agree:

Fingers crossed we draw Arbroath in the Cup then!

HibbyAndy
17-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Just a shame that Benji never really fullfilled the potential he had at ER.

When he banged in the winner against the tramps at ER i felt we really had a player on our hands, We seen what he had in fits and bursts but not all the time, Had more talent than most but for some reason never got to the summit.

Awra best Benji boy.

Feed McGraw
17-08-2010, 05:03 PM
I was always sure that Maka was some kind of imposter and just kidding on (but fooling no one) that he was a goalie. Now it would appear he must have been a hypnotist and he went round hypnotising a few .netters. Looooook into my eyes, Looooook into my eyes........When I snap my fingers you will believe that I am a top goalie....Seriously though folks, nice big guy that he is, he made the crowd, the back four, everybody really, a bag of nerves and it just couldn`t go on like that, IMHO of course.