PDA

View Full Version : Riordan for Scotland?!

richard_pitts
16-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Maybe that should be why not Riordan for Scotland. He has bags of ability, scores goals and can play more than one position and he's been doing that for several years. Who out the current group of players is keeping him out of the squad? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I understand why James McFadden would get picked before Derek, but its a mystery to me why he's not in the squad.

OstKurve Hibs
16-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Havin Harry Potter at the helm wont help deeks cause either! Imo he should be one of the 1st names on that squad list.

Jim44
16-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Havin Harry Potter at the helm wont help deeks cause either! Imo he should be one of the 1st names on that squad list.

:agree: Levein has no time for Hibernian FC and will avoid picking our players at all cost.

maturehibby
16-08-2010, 12:26 PM
might not pick current players but there are a few ex Hibs players EG Brown, Thomson Fletcher who cannot be refused
[/LIST]

--------
16-08-2010, 01:09 PM
:agree: Levein has no time for Hibernian FC and will avoid picking our players at all cost.

TBH, his attitude's so bad, I'd almost rather he left our players alone. But it isn't fair to Deek to be left out when you look at some of the players selected.

CB_NO3
16-08-2010, 02:12 PM
I dont want our players in that micky mouse outfit.

Allant1981
16-08-2010, 02:48 PM
id have riordan in the squad but tbh i think his reputation is keeping him out of the squad. if he keeps playing well and starts scoring goals again like last season then i cant see him being ignored

bighairyfaeleith
16-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I dont want our players in that micky mouse outfit.

aye I ****ing hate mascots as well

Gettin' Auld
16-08-2010, 03:08 PM
aye I ****ing hate mascots as well
:rolleyes:

since90plustwo
16-08-2010, 03:14 PM
derek riordan is technically one of the best players in scotland, the only thing stopping him is that specky twat at the helm and will use any excuse not to use our players

johnrebus
16-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Riordan for Scotland.

Hmmm.

Sounds like a fair swop.

:greengrin

Wilson
16-08-2010, 03:38 PM
derek riordan is technically one of the best players in scotland, the only thing stopping him is that specky twat at the helm and will use any excuse not to use our players

The fact that Riordan was not in the picture for the Sweden game, despite injuries and call-offs, speaks volumes.

When a meaningful game comes around, and these perenially injured first picks suddenly find themselves fit, Deek will be nowhere.

It is a sad state of affairs.

clerriehibs
16-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Harry Potter said a couple of odd things in a Sunday Herald interview (can't find an on-line link ... they don't seem to have all their sports stories on-line); one was that he hadn't had enough time to look at players to see if they were good enough, e.g. Steven Fletcher.

Levein's wholly up his own erse. Fletch maybe not good enough for Scotland?!? Who's better than him ... oh aye, that injured driver t!t, whose erse cavity levein would be firmly ensconced in should he ever vacate his own.

He also said losing the game last week meant nothing to anybody, as it was only a friendly, and no-one ever cares about friendlies. What was that Craig? Wasn't it a friendly when you broke team mate Graeme Hogg's nose when he was pointing out to you just what a t!t you are?

lyonhibs
16-08-2010, 07:50 PM
if Levein's eyes were plugged into the holes in his heid properly, the Deek wud be in the squad. Let's wait and see for the next squad. Deek performance level cant be ignored for long surely?

Pretty Boy
16-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Levein is a tool plain and simple. If this is the man our nations footballing future is reliant on then we are in big trouble.

He is all about big, physical sides. His commments re Tony Mowbrays Hibs team tell you all you need to know. 'i'm fed up hearing about managers that want to play pretty football'. I had a few mates who were at Hearts as youngsters and not one of them has a good word to say about him. His comments after Wednesdays game were strange at best.

Quite frankly the further away from our national team that Hibs players are the better IMO. A joke set up, a dyck of a manager and a ***** team.

Vini1875
16-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Levein is a tool plain and simple. If this is the man our nations footballing future is reliant on then we are in big trouble.

He is all about big, physical sides. His commments re Tony Mowbrays Hibs team tell you all you need to know. 'i'm fed up hearing about managers that want to play pretty football'. I had a few mates who were at Hearts as youngsters and not one of them has a good word to say about him. His comments after Wednesdays game were strange at best.

Quite frankly the further away from our national team that Hibs players are the better IMO. A joke set up, a dyck of a manager and a ***** team.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not hugely interested in Scotland as a football team but GL will be trying to get bigger stronger guys into the team before more skilful lighter players. All his teams have been the same.

Kevvy1875
16-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Have no fear, Stevie 'benchwarmer' Naigames and Shaun 'Couldnae hack it at Villa' Maloney, Andy 'Now that Im no good enough for Engurland' Driver, 'Miss' Ilewemou and Kris 'only when i feel like it' Boyd will be picked ahead of Deeks.

Why???...because of this percieved 'lazy' player tag that Deeks dropped in the last 2 seasons. He couldn't tackle a fish supper tbh but he works harder than ever these days. In any case...what about being a bit more optimistic and trying to take the game to other teams by playing players like Deeks?

Faddy is a first pick no doubt and Fletch is making a name for himself too but there is room in that squad for Deeks who unlike the afore mentioned....

1.Plays week in, week out.
2.Has never and would never turn his back on his country
3.Has scored and created more goals than any of those(yes Boyd has scored more but never lays them on)
4.Takes a mean set-piece which scotland don't have in their locker other then Adam who is hardly guarenteed to play.

But......I agree, levien just does not fancy him and until he fails and we get a decent gaffer in forScotland then Deeks International career will be on ice Im afraid.

keep the faith
16-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I would rather Deek signed a new contract first. Would hate to see him go and I get nervous that his contracts running down.

The leagues most gifted player. Natural finisher. Newly aquired workrate. Die hard Hibby.

For gods sake Hibs tie him down!!!

offshorehibby
16-08-2010, 09:26 PM
To be honest why exactly are we worried about this. I'd rather Deeks kept away from Scotland and kept on doing the biz for us.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 10:37 PM
I think Leveins comments tonight, mean that Riordans got no chance of getting a chance. :boo hoo:

.Sean.
16-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I think Leveins comments tonight, mean that Riordans got no chance of getting a chance. :boo hoo:
After the Jambo welt's comments tonight, there's more chance of me bumping into Riordan at City on Friday night than there is of him being selected for the next Scotland squad.

--------
17-08-2010, 10:52 AM
To be honest why exactly are we worried about this. I'd rather Deeks kept away from Scotland and kept on doing the biz for us.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't want Potter and Igor anywhere near our players. Let 'em play their Hun/Jambo XI and get whatever's coming to them.

The really important question regarding DR is - when will Hibs get themselves sorted out and extend his contract? Get him settled at ER for the next few years, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Liam Miller too.)

jane_says
17-08-2010, 11:04 AM
levien's comments last night were ridiculous. just proves that he's not been anywhere near er since he got the job and doesn't plan to.

the only way riordan will get in the team is if there's massive public demand for him to be included, and as deeks doesn't play for any of the OF, this will never happen. the fact he scores 15 from midfield and has just started the first game of the season with three assists will just be brushed aside with "needs to do more, can't afford passengers etc etc"

joke of a man.

(levien)