PDA

View Full Version : Question Hate Mob

hibbiedon
16-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Prior to the season starting, I started a thread asking who this seasons target would be for the hate mob. I had to withdraw the thread because of the reactions of most posters, most could not believe that Hibs fans would persecute one of their own and how could I as such a question when the season has not started.
Well the season is one game old,we have won our opening game and already the knives are out for several players. If we have players who dread playing in front of their own fans because of the abuse who do yo think that helps ? Hibs or their opposition, even a thick yam could answer that question.

CB_NO3
16-08-2010, 05:52 AM
I will never slag a player personally during a game but its obvious to anyone knows anything about football that Nish and Hogg are the weak links in our team and not upto standard. Dropping them could be the difference between coming 5th or 3rd. I genuinely believe with they 2 out the team and Riordan upfront we will come 3rd as we have the most quality. So what do you expect the fans to do, just sit and waste another season or put pressure on the gaffer to make the changes that 90% of the fans want.

hibbiedon
16-08-2010, 05:59 AM
I will never slag a player personally during a game but its obvious to anyone knows anything about football that Nish and Hogg are the weak links in our team and not upto standard. Dropping them could be the difference between coming 5th or 3rd. I genuinely believe with they 2 out the team and Riordan upfront we will come 3rd as we have the most quality. So what do you expect the fans to do, just sit and waste another season or put pressure on the gaffer to make the changes that 90% of the fans want.

I actually agree with you, what I disagree with is the hate mob and the abuse that is hurled at whoever is their target, I expect the fans to support Hibs not abuse Hibs if there is 2 they cant cheer on then there is 9 they can is that too much to expect

Beefster
16-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Do players get much, if any, abuse at the games?

I know there is always going to be sporadic shouting at games directed at specific players but I've never experienced a 'hate mob' targetting a Hibs player. I think what happens is folk support the team/manager at the game and blow off steam on here. Perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Brizo
16-08-2010, 06:55 AM
FWIW I think hate mobs a very pejorative title and a lot over dramatic.

We are naive to think that there was a golden era when our players received unstinting support. Benny Brazil , Joe Tortolano and Brian Hamilton all got regular and consistent abuse , sometimes even before kick off.

Tinternet has made criticism that was one confined to match days a 24/7 occurence. Prrhaps one of the downsides of this new fangled technology malarkey.

hibbiedon
16-08-2010, 07:10 AM

We are naive to think that there was a golden era when our players received unstinting support. Benny Brazil , Joe Tortolano and Brian Hamilton all got regular and consistent abuse , sometimes even before kick off.

Tinternet has made criticism that was one confined to match days a 24/7 occurence. Prrhaps one of the downsides of this new fangled technology malarkey.

To call them Hate mobs was not meant as a compliment so it is indeed a pejorative title. Try speaking to some of the players concerned after a match and find out how dramatic it is. I witnessed the abuse that the three players above recieved and I can assure you it never reached the level that is directed at Nish.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-08-2010, 07:15 AM

Allegations here and allegations there what I want to know is who is the main alligator

You are right tinternet is both a blessing and a curse plus just who are the 'faceless' ones? A jambo ? A journo ? A perverse hibbie on the wind up? Or Marjorie, Rosemary the telephone operator or Henry the mild mannered janitor? Could be

Captain Trips
16-08-2010, 07:27 AM

Would disagree with that part in bold but agree with most parts, I think Hibs.net will allow people whom might only have the game to say how they feel the medium to do it on here without directly (if it does) affecting things live.

On the hate mob I disagree with that, people shout abuse at a game and people cheer in general it all gets lost, you get the collective growns of a bad pass or very bad miss or error and that will usually be by lots of people. I have never heard a targeted mob have a go at a player for the term hate mob to come up.

Brizo
16-08-2010, 07:43 AM
To call them Hate mobs was not meant as a compliment so it is indeed a pejorative title. Try speaking to some of the players concerned after a match and find out how dramatic it is. I witnessed the abuse that the three players above recieved and I can assure you it never reached the level that is directed at Nish.

We will agree to dsagree over the bold bit. Ive never heard Nishs name being booed by Hibs fans en masse as the team sheets been read out before k.o. Ive been there when that happened to those three players and would still maintain that they got it far tighter than Nishy. I agree with Carlsberg that theres not a targetted mob to justify your imho over dramatic phrase hate mob.

PS Ive never boo'd you Colin :greengrin

Big Frank
16-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Don't see a hate mob. Think its nonsense.

See Hibernian fans concerned that player(s) are consitently not performing, to the detriment of the team they love.

Sometimes we need a bit pf pressure in our working lives to bring the best out of us.

Footballers are well paid. Even at SPL level. They are getting much more than the vast majority of fans on this board. Do you really think they give a flying **** about what is posted on internet fans boards.... bit delusional TBH.

offshorehibby
16-08-2010, 07:56 AM

So, basically you're saying the fans should be picking the the team. A fine mess that would leave us in.

MrSmith
16-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Hate Mob! absolute drivel!

How about I start a thread titled the Nish and Hogg shirt lifters appreciation?

I have not and will not boo Hibs players and I certainly don't hate Nish or Hogg so the hate mob title can gtf right now as far as I'm concerned!!

Having watched them both for 2 season, it is quite obvious to me if Hibs want to aspire to greater levels then these players are certainly not going to take us there. Nish is immobile, stiff and not very athletic for a big skinny guy and Hogg, for me, would not look out of place in a rugby team!

I'm terribly sorry you feel in titling your thread 'Hate Mob' you are above the ordinary fan, however, I'm afraid to say it makes you no better than the people you are trying to have a dig at! We are all Hibs fans and our views are as important as anyone elses but I do draw the line at threads were fans do not seem to value anothers opinion - this is a forum after all!

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I think one of he main problems is that we still don't get the cultural status of internet boards. They feel like pub discussions, but they are actually more like public proclamations.

I have a friend who posts on the Bounce, who is pretty vitriolic in his condemnation of Nish, Rankin and Hogg. You would thus expect him to be a hate-filled boo-boy in the stands.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It's all 'hard lines Nishy', 'keep your head up Chrissy boy' or 'c'mon Johnny Rankin, you're better than him' and should anybody in his vacinity abuse these players, he'll register discontent with the situation, from a slow shake of the head, to a disgusted confrontation, 'which team is it you really support, mate?'

I've talked to him about this, and it's hard from him to grasp (as it it is for me, and I think a lot of us) that the internet isn't a private chat in the corner of a saloon bar, its public and it's read by, or can be read by, people who are real human beings and the players amongst them.

They are well paid for doing something they love, but they still aren't billionaire superstars who can isolate themselves from the community they live in.

So yes, some of the abuse received by players like Colin Nish is pretty outrageous. He'll know he had a poor game yesterday, and doesn't need some anonymous abuser telling him he's useless, a clown etc, but he was also the player whose goals at the end of last season fired us into Europe, as short-lived as that adventure was.

Captain Trips
16-08-2010, 08:22 AM
I actually think what would appear to be hate directed at a player at a match isnt hate, if walking down street I think 90% of folk who shout at say Nish would probaby say alright to him, I dont think fans hate the players.

MacBean
16-08-2010, 08:39 AM
I think one of he main problems is that we still don't get the cultural status of internet boards. They feel like pub discussions, but they are actually more like public proclamations.

I have a friend who posts on the Bounce, who is pretty vitriolic in his condemnation of Nish, Rankin and Hogg. You would thus expect him to be a hate-filled boo-boy in the stands.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It's all 'hard lines Nishy', 'keep your head up Chrissy boy' or 'c'mon Johnny Rankin, you're better than him' and should anybody in his vacinity abuse these players, he'll register discontent with the situation, from a slow shake of the head, to a disgusted confrontation, 'which team is it you really support, mate?'

I've talked to him about this, and it's hard from him to grasp (as it it is for me, and I think a lot of us) that the internet isn't a private chat in the corner of a saloon bar, its public and it's read by, or can be read by, people who are real human beings and the players amongst them.

They are well paid for doing something they love, but they still aren't billionaire superstars who can isolate themselves from the community they live in.

So yes, some of the abuse received by players like Colin Nish is pretty outrageous. He'll know he had a poor game yesterday, and doesn't need some anonymous abuser telling him he's useless, a clown etc, but he was also the player whose goals at the end of last season fired us into Europe, as short-lived as that adventure was.

:thumbsup:
Great post. Not everyone is volatile at the matches, some would rather vent their frustrations when talking about the game/performances at the pub/or on a discussion on here.

cheltenhamhibee
16-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Prior to the season starting, I started a thread asking who this seasons target would be for the hate mob. I had to withdraw the thread because of the reactions of most posters, most could not believe that Hibs fans would persecute one of their own and how could I as such a question when the season has not started.
Well the season is one game old,we have won our opening game and already the knives are out for several players. If we have players who dread playing in front of their own fans because of the abuse who do yo think that helps ? Hibs or their opposition, even a thick yam could answer that question.

is there any other type of yam ? i suppose there is, starting with thick and descending down the scale to single cell amoeba

Jack
16-08-2010, 09:26 AM
The abuse of players was brought up at a fans forum with the club earlier in the year.

One of the club directors was cringing as he told us of the ‘purple veined, vitriolic abuse’ dished out to the manager and players during matches from areas of the ground from where there was no doubt Yogi and the players would hear it. There's also the fact that often Yogis family and the families and friends of the players are in the stands listening to this as well.

I would defy anyone not to be adversely affected by this type of abuse either directly or indirectly through their family or friends. I’m sure if 10 things are shouted at a player its likely the one abusive one will be the first that comes to mind.

My experience leads me to believe it’s the same folk week in, week out. Just as they think there are players not fit to wear the jersey I think there are those not fit be be among our support and to be honest Easter Road would be a better place without them.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 09:32 AM
The abuse of players was brought up at a fans forum with the club earlier in the year.

One of the club directors was cringing as he told us of the ‘purple veined, vitriolic abuse’ dished out to the manager and players during matches from areas of the ground from where there was no doubt Yogi and the players would hear it. There's also the fact that often Yogis family and the families and friends of the players are in the stands listening to this as well.

I would defy anyone not to be adversely affected by this type of abuse either directly or indirectly through their family or friends. I’m sure if 10 things are shouted at a player its likely the one abusive one will be the first that comes to mind.

My experience leads me to believe it’s the same folk week in, week out. Just as they think there are players not fit to wear the jersey I think there are those not fit be be among our support and to be honest Easter Road would be a better place without them.

:agree::top marks:boo hoo:

Beefster
16-08-2010, 09:41 AM

The club should be dealing with these guys. It can't be difficult to identify them.

banarc7062
16-08-2010, 09:47 AM

Could it be that us Hibs supporters are just fickle?

J-C
16-08-2010, 09:50 AM
While I find throwing personal abuse at players and management inacceptable during games, giving them a bit of stick if they are constantly garbage during the game is ok, as long as it doesn't get personal and it stickcs to the footballing side of things.

Fans get aggitated and upset during games and when players or management don't get their fingers out and do something about it, fans will as their want tell them so.

Must admit I try to be positive as much as possible and occasionally shout out things now and then, did so at Nish yesterday even when I was watching on the telly, called him a useless tw*t, cause he's got a touch like an elephant at times but he does at least give 100% most games and is a Hibby through and through.

Jack
16-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I think to add to what I said earlier.

We’ve all heard that prospective players often consult former players while negotiating with a club.

Can you imagine what some of our less loved former players might say?

What's it like at Hibs?

Awe, it absolutely fantastic; training centre second to none; brilliant facilities all round; the stadium is one of the best, if not the best, in Scotland; one of the best set ups I’ve ever been with. I’ve got to say though the support were pretty ***** with me and the missus couldn’t take the kids to watch me play which was a great pity and something I really missed.

Sounds great, shame about the crowd, couldn’t really call them a support by the sound of it.

bighairyfaeleith
16-08-2010, 10:28 AM
You know to read some of the posts on this thread you would think the hibs support was the most hateful, spiteful, idiotic support ever known to man. When in fact bar the odd idiot at a game it's actually pretty good, occasionally a bit quiet if anything.

Nowt wrong with posting criticism of a player on here, the forum is here for discussion and argument. Some of us will like some players and some will dislike other players. That doesn't mean that everyone who comes on here and criticises a player goes to the game and berates the same player for 90 minutes.

Lets stop chastising large parts of our own support and get back to actually discussing the issues, like is nish good enough to play for hibs?

Captain Trips
16-08-2010, 10:32 AM

We’ve all heard that prospective players often consult former players while negotiating with a club.

What's it like at Hibs?

Awe, it absolutely fantastic; training centre second to none; brilliant facilities all round; the stadium is one of the best, if not the best, in Scotland; one of the best set ups I’ve ever been with. I’ve got to say though the support were pretty ***** with me and the missus couldn’t take the kids to watch me play which was a great pity and something I really missed.

Sounds great, shame about the crowd, couldn’t really call them a support by the sound of it.

Well if they consult with former less loved players of any club then they may get the same answers, I may be taking you wrong way but it seems you may think we are worse than any other club? If we are not and as bad as every other club which I believe we are then that discussion with a player could be said about every club.

Franck is God
16-08-2010, 10:49 AM

What's it like at Hibs?

I think that a lot of fans seem to have gained a lack of realism when it comes to supporting Hibs over the last few years. I want to see Hibs win every game but 30 years of watching them have taught me that this simply doesn't happen and you enjoy every win that comes along.

There are always going to be favourites and those that aren't, I suppose the big problem now is that these forums allow any critic an anonymous voice for their opinions, its easy to say whatever you like when nobody knows who you are. Personally speaking I have never made a comment on here about a player I wouldn't be comfortable saying to their face.

I watched the game yesterday, Hogg had a poor game and Sutton gave him a torrid time in the air particularly but although Motherwell had opportunities none of them were as clear cut as ours so I suppose he must have done not too bad. I am a fan of Nish but he did have a bit of a shocker yesterday and can barely remember a good thing he did in the game.

We did however win our opening game of the season away to one of the tougher sides in the SPL after being a goal down. Can't be all bad....

Jack
16-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Well if they consult with former less loved players of any club then they may get the same answers, I may be taking you wrong way but it seems you may think we are worse than any other club? If we are not and as bad as every other club which I believe we are then that discussion with a player could be said about every club.

I agree, there's no need to think we are any worse than most other clubs. I didn’t mean to imply we were. But why should we be as bad as other clubs? Why cant we be better than that?

I think what the director was saying [and there's no reason to disbelieve him as what he said has been mentioned on these forums as happening] was that it does the manager, players and club no favours. IIRC he said that the abuse hurled at them at away games was often less than they got at Easter Road. That is ****ing sad. From my sanctuary in the East I didn’t realise it was so bad.

I think even 4 year olds at the games come out with pre-school versions of ‘oh FFS’, none of us are saints in that respect. What I find disappointing is the very small number of so called supporters who will take every opportunity to berate a Hibs player, even before a ball is kicked; who will have a go at a Hibs player on the subs bench, knowing they will just have to sit there and take it; who will have a go at Yogi, knowing the same. He might fling a deaffy, but he’s not deaf.

I agree with Beefster, the club should be identifying these people. I’d far rather they came on here complaining that club had warned them about their behaviour [I dare say they would defend themselves along the lines of the club are censoring criticism, its my right to be a prick etc.] than having to listen to their gob***** on a regular basis at matches.

Why don’t these people hurl abuse at the opposition? Maybe they can only remember one or two names at a time so perhaps learning the names of opponents from each team is beyond them.

JohnScott
16-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Interesting post. However I have to chuckle at those who claim "who? no us!"

I've been going to Easter Road since the seventies and older fans on here know damn fine that year after year, squad after squad, there have been players who've taken pelters. As for those who think the players don't give a monkies? Rubbish! Tell that to Gordon Rae who had to be pulled back as he tried to get into the old North Stand enclosure one night. Or Mike MacDonald who told me the players much preferred playing in front of our away support as the abuse directed at certain players at home was disgusting.

Without a doubt the term "hate-mob" is over the top. However those of us who've watched Hibs more than a couple of years know very well how the "fans" at Easter Road can be. Every bit as bad as the Old Firm!

ps What the hell is "Hibs class"? I thought that phrase was copyright of Glasgow Celtic :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
16-08-2010, 05:14 PM

:agree:

Brilliant post Jack.

jgl07
16-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Some always feel they have to find a scapegoat. Then all the faults of the team are projected onto the selected player.

It is usually Rankin if he is playing. If not it seems to fall to Hogg or Nish. This often happens even when the accused has had a decent game. Last season Ross Chisholm got the treatment despite doing his best and often turning matches in Hibs' favour.

Some such as Riordan and Bamba appear to be exempt from criticism even if they have a right rotten game.

It was the same in the past when Tortolano suffered dogs abuse principally from the East. This was when he was being played by Alex Miller out of position at full back when he was nowhere near fit.

If Rankin, Hogg and Nish depart, others will step forward to become the new scapegoats.

MrSmith
16-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Some always feel they have to find a scapegoat. Then all the faults of the team are projected onto the selected player.

It is usually Rankin if he is playing. If not it seems to fall to Hogg or Nish. This often happens even when the accused has had a decent game. Last season Ross Chisholm got the treatment despite doing his best and often turning matches in Hibs' favour.

Some such as Riordan and Bamba appear to be exempt from criticism even if they have a right rotten game.

It was the same in the past when Tortolano suffered dogs abuse principally from the East. This was when he was being played by Alex Miller out of position at full back when he was nowhere near fit.

If Rankin, Hogg and Nish depart, others will step forward to become the new scapegoats.

I don't work with that theory at all. I have identified areas for improvement that's all. I think it is blindingly obvious where our frailties lie.

I don't boo, hiss or scream abuse at players when attending ER - I'm actually very supportive and try to encourage them throughout the match. And I would speak to the players in question re abilities.

From what I saw I felt we were very fortunate yesterday and rode our luck on many occasions. I personally think all of our players need to look at their 90 minute performance and most importantly their fitness levels. I would also include the manger in trying to raise his skills in identifying our weaknesses quicker and making the changes required.

I don't think that Hogg or Nish have anything left to contribute to the aspirations of the club - sorry but that is how I feel as a life long Hibee!

Phil D. Rolls
16-08-2010, 05:51 PM

Stop making sense. :tsk tsk:

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't work with that theory at all. I have identified areas for improvement that's all. I think it is blindingly obvious where our frailties lie.

I don't boo, hiss or scream abuse at players when attending ER - I'm actually very supportive and try to encourage them throughout the match. And I would speak to the players in question re abilities.

From what I saw I felt we were very fortunate yesterday and rode our luck on many occasions. I personally think all of our players need to look at their 90 minute performance and most importantly their fitness levels. I would also include the manger in trying to raise his skills in identifying our weaknesses quicker and making the changes required.

I don't think that Hogg or Nish have anything left to contribute to the aspirations of the club - sorry but that is how I feel as a life long Hibee!

When? Do our chances not count? From what i saw, we were the better side, had the better chances and fully deserved our win.

Hibbyradge
16-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Stop making sense. :tsk tsk:

Are you one of those slippery people?

HFC 0-7
16-08-2010, 06:07 PM

The abuse from the stands has always been the same for years. Players that dont play well have always been slagged from the stands from time to time. In previous years gone by these players were probably not played for a while so they fell out the spot light. Nish, Hogg and last season rankin were playing pretty much every game so they were in the spot light all the time.

If you ask any boy if they would play at the top flight in football and run the risk of getting slagged from the touchline I bet you they would still jump at the chance. Any manager manging a top team knows that they run the risk of having their own fans abuse them when things are not going right.

Nowadays I think players turn on the fans just as much as they are not as tough and in many instances dont have the minerals to stand up and take the blame. Modern day footballers and managers very seldom take blame, they more often than not dont acknowledge bad performances etc or try to blame something/someone else.

In past years when proces for football games were reasonable and players wages were modest fans probably cut them a wee bit of slack, but now these players live a good life and the fans have to shell out a lot of money to watch them, who can blame them when they get upset when someone isnt performing.

IMO, a player getting slagged from the support has an oportunity to shut the fans up and prove them wrong. These footballers are getting paid, in most instances, well over 100K a year to play football and train a few hours a week, have the chance to be heroes, the chance to travel the world with their job. Who wouldnt take abuse from the stands for the chance at that? I would happily take abuse from the stands and take a right boot straight in the love pump after a bad game from every fan if it meant I had the chance to pull on the green for the hibs!

Aubenas
16-08-2010, 06:28 PM
So what do you expect the fans to do, just sit and waste another season or put pressure on the gaffer to make the changes that 90% of the fans want.

Booing players puts pressure on manager to drop them? In what universe?
The only way this would work would be if the abuse affected the players' confidence so badly that they couldn't be picked any more - and wouldn't that make a 'supporter' feel good???

Anyone who's played football at any level knows that you play better with encouragement.

Fair enough to offer opinions - well informed or otherwise - in a forum like this - but at the game, you support the side - that's basic. Otherwise you're helping the opposition. Hogg made some mistakes yesterday but he also did a lot of good stuff.

I hate the 'well support - they're grumpy as hell, but right through that first half, they cheered their players to the echo. Every block of a Hibs' pass was cheered like a goal. What a lift that must give the players.

I noted Hogg left the pitch directly. I dunno if that was cos Yogi had had a go at him, cos he felt he'd played badly or if he felt there was no point in acknowledging fans who'd been abusing him all through the game. I wouldn't blame him.

FFS what's the point of hero worshiping past captains like from Whelagan through Stanton to McNamara if we don't give our current captain our support at the games?

He may not do the job the way some folk want him to but there's clearly enough about him for Yogi to trust him as captain - and he sees him with the players 5 days a week. Yes, he has his limitations as a ch - but who was the last Hibs' centre half who didn't.?

Opposing fans and players must end themselves laughing when we give out the abuse we do to our captain.

Apart from respecting our own players, the fact is getting on their backs doesn't make the team play better - so why do it at games?

OtterHibee
16-08-2010, 06:37 PM
The only way this would work would be if the abuse affected the players' confidence so badly that they couldn't be picked any more - and wouldn't that make a 'supporter' feel good???

Anyone who's played football at any level knows that you play better with encouragement.

Fair enough to offer opinions - well informed or otherwise - in a forum like this - but at the game, you support the side - that's basic. Otherwise you're helping the opposition. Hogg made some mistakes yesterday but he also did a lot of good stuff.

I hate the 'well support - they're grumpy as hell, but right through that first half, they cheered their players to the echo. Every block of a Hibs' pass was cheered like a goal. What a lift that must give the players.

I noted Hogg left the pitch directly. I dunno if that was cos Yogi had had a go at him, cos he felt he'd played badly or if he felt there was no point in acknowledging fans who'd been abusing him all through the game. I wouldn't blame him.

FFS what's the point of hero worshiping past captains like from Whelagan through Stanton to McNamara if we don't give our current captain our support at the games?

He may not do the job the way some folk want him to but there's clearly enough about him for Yogi to trust him as captain - and he sees him with the players 5 days a week. Yes, he has his limitations as a ch - but who was the last Hibs' centre half who didn't.?

Opposing fans and players must end themselves laughing when we give out the abuse we do to our captain.

Apart from respecting our own players, the fact is getting on their backs doesn't make the team play better - so why do it at games?

:top marks

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
16-08-2010, 07:01 PM
I dont agree with the whole personal abuse thing towards players. Then again, i dont think there ever is that much personal abuse that doesn't relate to footballing ability. The same people have a moan about the same players, but maybe if the same players didnt make the same mistakes week in week out the same people wouldn't have to moan. Everyone can see what players lack the required quality, but they do still deserve our support, to a certain extent. At the end of the day, they cant help lacking ability. On our budget we aint going to be replacing them with anyone better any time soon. Hopefully the manager can see the same as us and weeds them out over the next transfer window or two.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 07:04 PM

:agree::top marks
I wonder if the numpty's actually realise that?

HFC 0-7
16-08-2010, 07:05 PM

NO! opposing fans and players must be ending themselves laughing because our captain is Chris Hogg!

Seriously, when you talk about if anyone has played football at any level they must know that booing effects them etc. What level are you talking about? Primary school? These guys are grown men that are getting paid a lot of money to play football and train a bit. Next time you are at an away game listen to the oposition fans, they moan with stray passes they moan when certain players make a hash of it. It happens with every team. The reason we notice it just now is because for the second half of last season and the start of this season. Motherwell excluded a small bit, the basics have been lacking. Passing and moveming have not been there. Fans dont like when players get paid a fortune and cant pass to their man, head a ball and find space.

lEXO
16-08-2010, 07:11 PM

Best post i,ve read in a while.Well said man.:thumbsup:

HFC 0-7
16-08-2010, 07:18 PM
:agree::top marks
I wonder if the numpty's actually realise that?

I have been to a few games when the team has had a ribbing from fans in the first half, particularly at the half time whistle, they then came out in the second half and played a lot better and won the game!

I can even remember Alex McLeish's team, seldom as it was, getting booed in at half time, we cam out in the second half a much improved side, he said after the game that he made a point to the players that the fans were booing because of their peformance. He seemed to think it had an effect.

I know what you are saying, and there are a couple of nempties that shout things that are over the top, but lets not be silly here and blame the fans for any confidence problems or players ability to pass the ball 10 yards.

People are to soft with the footballers and 'care' to much about them. They are men, they should be tough enough to take some abuse and get on with it. Could you imagine the players going in at half time and saying, 'Sir Alex they are booing us, I cannae concentrate' With Fergie replying ' I know son, just keep trying.' ?

Fergie would say 'Who donald ducking cares! Get out there, pass the ball and igonre them if they are getting to you. If you cannae concentrate I will replace you. I was gonna by thon Nish fae Hibs but I heard he cannae hack a couple o hundred fans telling him to get of his erchie so I will buy Kris Boyd. The opposition fans gie him it tight an he still managed tae score goals when is ane manager thought he was guff'

hibee_always
17-08-2010, 08:45 AM

:top marksThe best post ive read on here in a long time. Someone talking sense.. They are some reet idiots on here slagging players off just waiting for Hogg to miss a header or do a stray ball just so they can run home and post pish.. We should be getting behind the team not thrilling in the opportunity to get on their backs..

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 09:01 AM
This is getting well blown out of proportion, it is a minority of fans whom boo players often, I though have been there at times when its been the majority, perhaps under Duffy.

As things are just now for me far more people encourage at he game than boo, so if Hogg wants to go up tunnell if indeed through booing I am confident that more, a lot more would have applauded him.

I dont really think opposing fans or players are ending themseleves at all as they will be going through the same process as us of some players getting stick. I have been in the away end against Hibs a few times over past 2-3 years and I can only ever hear songs or cheering, and I have heard the support of other teams giving out the same stick as at Hibs.

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 09:02 AM
This is getting well blown out of proportion, it is a minority of fans whom boo players often, I though have been there at times when its been the majorit, perhapos under Duffy.

As things are just now for me far more people encourage at he game than boo, so if Hogg wants to go up tunnell if indeed through booing I am confident that more a lot more would have applauded him.

I dont really think opposing fans or players are ending themseleves at all as they will be going through the same process as us of some players getting stick. I have been in the away end against Hibs a few times over past 2-3 years and I can only ever hear songs or cheering, and I have heard the support of other teams giving out the same stick as at Hibs.

well said, some "supporters" seem desperate to blow this one up into something it's just not!