PDA

View Full Version : Hibs at Fir Park

Criswell
15-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Dunno why, but we always seem to turn it on there, more so than any other away ground. They must be beginning to dread this fixture!

Diclonius
16-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Our last ten fixtures there have been 3-2, 6-6, 0-1, 3-1, 4-1, 0-1, 1-2, 6-1, 2-2, 3-1.

W5 D2 L3, GF28 GA18.

That's an average of a 3-2 win, so today's was just about right. :greengrin

Rory89
16-08-2010, 04:38 PM
We've never lost a game at Fir Park when I've been there, no wonder it's my favourite away day (Tynie aside, where I've seen more defeats than I care to mention).

Tbh I think it's because of the way Motherwell play, their style is to pass it about a bit. I'm not going down the old cliched myth that we play flair football because we quite simply don't, but our weakness for a long time has been that we're too soft, and away from home especially we are pushed about far too easily. Against Motherwell we don't so much, which is why results are generally good there.

Austinho
16-08-2010, 05:01 PM
It was a similar situation with us against Dundee United (both home and away), until the past couple of seasons.

Kevvy1875
16-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeh seems to be we always get a good game at Fir park.

Thing I noticed about yesterday was in the first half when Motherwell were pressing us all over the park we couldn't get going and they should have been in the lead at half time tbh. In the 2nd half they didnt play the same way?.....tactical change from Yogi?...or were they simply knackered from the 1st half effort only to have the stuffing knocked out of them with the late goal from Stokes in the 1st when we barely deserved it?

My personal opinion is that they punched themselves out in the 1st 45mins from all that pressing and as soon as our midfield had time on the ball we cut them open. May have been different in the last 30mins if they had a lead to protect though.

Rossco442
16-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Makes a nice change from going up to Inverness and getting **** all!