View Full Version : Motherwell v Hibs BBC Highlights up now

15-08-2010, 11:10 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8915896.stm

15-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Some neat passes and Miller's goal was brilliant. Defensively we look, well, crap:greengrin. Motherwell's keeper kept the score down though and it's good to see Stokes and Deeko getting chances.

Cracking win against a Mothers team full of confidence with their Europa run, well done Hibs:thumbsup:

P.S I've missed Liam McLeod's very macho voice.

16-08-2010, 02:58 AM
Anyone know where i can watch the highlights as im outside of the Uk on holiday atm, and BBC wont allow?

(((Fergus)))
16-08-2010, 03:26 AM
Anyone know where i can watch the highlights as im outside of the Uk on holiday atm, and BBC wont allow?

Dunno but if you're stuck for something to do you could read up on using a proxy to view UK sites (varies by browser).

16-08-2010, 08:46 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8915896.stm

see at 4:05 when miller jumps into the crowed look at the guy with the black top and grey joggies

16-08-2010, 08:56 AM
I know this is only highlights but I thought we played pretty well - is the 1 zillion derogatory comments on the other threads not a bit OTT?

16-08-2010, 09:36 AM
good to know we've picked up 3 points from that pitch and only have one more left to play on it.

16-08-2010, 10:42 AM
good to know we've picked up 3 points from that pitch and only have one more left to play on it.

it looks 100%better than many seasons in the past
normally its full of sand
b

Tha Cabbage Kid
16-08-2010, 10:47 AM
is ther another way of watching the highlights than from bbc? im in poland and can view it! :(

16-08-2010, 10:48 AM

Not necessarily. We were there three times last season.

EskbankHibby
16-08-2010, 10:52 AM
What a first touch that is from Deeks before he plays Miller through for the 3rd goal, brilliant.

16-08-2010, 10:55 AM
see at 4:05 when miller jumps into the crowed look at the guy with the black top and grey joggies

hahahaha!!!

epic fail! :greengrin

16-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Hibs played three SPL matches at Motherwell last season!

16-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Their goalie kept the score down when we were playing well, but we were fortunate to get away with he first penalty claim and the one they got was simply stupidity on the part of Colin Nish. the guy was heading away from goal - all Nish had to do was stay on him and crowd him, give him no time or space to play it out. Numpty!

Three good goals - Stokes looked sharp, and Deek was brilliant second half. Brillian save from Stokes cross-shot heading for the top far corner - that was a top-class shot and a top-class save, IMO.

Good shot first half from McBride. Weak link in the defence is the captain - at fault for their first, could/should have given them a penalty at 2-1, and not impressive at all leading up to the third.

I vote we play Davie S alongside Sol. I'd have either Steve Thicot or Paul Hanlon on the bench before Hogg.

john18722
16-08-2010, 11:58 AM

The pitch at FIr Park is brand new and was replaced in the summer. Not surprising really after that mess of last season. Pitch looked perfect to me as should all pitches at this time of year.

16-08-2010, 12:07 PM

LamontHFC©
16-08-2010, 05:26 PM

Likewise?

16-08-2010, 05:37 PM
www.101greatgoals.com - ought to be on there

16-08-2010, 07:30 PM
To be fair to big Nish that was never a penalty in a million years. If Riordan had been the guilty party everyone would be up in arms, rightly, but it suits far too many Hibs fans just to slate the big man for a non existent offence.

16-08-2010, 07:39 PM
To be fair to big Nish that was never a penalty in a million years. If Riordan had been the guilty party everyone would be up in arms, rightly, but it suits far too many Hibs fans just to slate the big man for a non existent offence.

Nowt against Nish myself, but that was the stonewallerest of stonewallers.

16-08-2010, 07:46 PM

It was a soft penalty, but one that was a certain penalty. He pulled the guys shirt, is that not a foul anymore?

Edinburgh Green
16-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Nowt against Nish myself, but that was the stonewallerest of stonewallers.

Not even remotely close to being a stonewaller, it was a stupid tug, but it never stopped a goalscoring opportunity.

16-08-2010, 08:02 PM
There were more positives than negatives yesterday - I can think of 3 and 2 respectively :greengrin

It was a pen - soft - but it is a pen. It would be a free-kick outside the box so ..

16-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Nah that was never a penalty. The boy has a wee pull at Nish first for starters.

Capt Mainwaring
16-08-2010, 08:06 PM
It was a soft penalty, but one that was a certain penalty. He pulled the guys shirt, is that not a foul anymore?

Well if it is we can expect to see a shed load of penalties this season. If we see Referees giving these consistently - fine, but I think Thomson gave this on Sunday because he became under increasing pressure from the home crowd.

Do you think he would have given it against ether of the OF?

16-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Not even remotely close to being a stonewaller, it was a stupid tug, but it never stopped a goalscoring opportunity.

Which doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to whether it was a penalty or not.

16-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Which doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to whether it was a penalty or not.

:agree:It was a foul, inside the area and therefore a penalty. I do hope that we are awarded one if and when it happens to us, sadly I'm not convinced we will be.

16-08-2010, 08:24 PM
It just goes down as nish not engaging his brain IMO.

Can/does anyone think that he should be on the park ahead of a playmaking midfielder? Linking up midfield to attack and allowing ant and deeks to play in the middle.

16-08-2010, 08:55 PM
I know this is only highlights but I thought we played pretty well - is the 1 zillion derogatory comments on the other threads not a bit OTT?

The highlights don't show a first half where Motherwell totally dominated, though, to be fair, they created very little in the way of clear cut chances during that period and, on chances alone, you could argue we could have been leading at half time.

Second half we were much better.

16-08-2010, 08:57 PM
The highlights don't show a first half where Motherwell totally dominated, though, to be fair, they created very little in the way of clear cut chances during that period and, on chances alone, you could argue we could have been leading at half time.

Second half we were much better.

Sounds like they dominated possession but done nothing with it? That doesn't make you the better team IMO.

16-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Well if it is we can expect to see a shed load of penalties this season. If we see Referees giving these consistently - fine, but I think Thomson gave this on Sunday because he became under increasing pressure from the home crowd.

I have no idea about the future, but i know if you pull someones shirt its a foul.

16-08-2010, 09:07 PM

I'm not sure who you're referring to but at 4:05, there is a cracking shot of my brother putting his arm round Miller. He had a dark top on, can't remember what bottoms he had on though so it might not be him that you're talking about.

He's hardly stopped going on about it since yesterday. :greengrin

Edinburgh Green
16-08-2010, 09:08 PM

I'll look forward to a penalty at nearly every corner in the SPL then, not gonna happen.

16-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Sounds like they dominated possession but done nothing with it? That doesn't make you the better team IMO.

Yeah, you're probably right. It just felt like we'd got away with murder at half-time because it had seemed like we'd been pinned back in our own half most of the time.

My worry, on the first half display was that we looked very vulnerable defensively (again) and were lucky that 'Well seemed unable to capitalise.

Good performance and result in the end but the final score masks a number of problem areas that still exist and I hope Hughes can see them.

16-08-2010, 09:14 PM
I'll look forward to a penalty at nearly every corner in the SPL then, not gonna happen.

Corners and free kicks into the box are a major problem because, more often than not, there are players pulling, pushing and holding in equal measure from both teams.

In this case Nish was the only one pulling a jersey; it was in the penalty box right in front of the referee and I can't believe anyone here thinks a penalty shouldn't have been given.

FWIW, I also think Hogg was very lucky to get away with the earlier penalty shout.

16-08-2010, 09:19 PM

Sadly, you're probably correct. If there were a couple of games with 15 penalties in them the players would get the message.

16-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Some neat passes and Miller's goal was brilliant. Defensively we look, well, crap:greengrin. Motherwell's keeper kept the score down though and it's good to see Stokes and Deeko getting chances.

Cracking win against a Mothers team full of confidence with their Europa run, well done Hibs:thumbsup:

P.S I've missed Liam McLeod's very macho voice.

He can't get out much, can he?

He is the most excited commentator I've ever heard - every goal is the most incredible goal ever and every incident the most unbelievable ever.

I hate to think how he'd react if a flying saucer full of aliens landed on the pitch and abducted both teams.......... :bitchy:

16-08-2010, 09:21 PM

In fact, I recall Hibs getting slated for keeping possession and doing nothing with it in pre-season.

16-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I hope shirt pulling is a pen .. The Yams will be doomed wi big Zally at the back every week :agree:

AJWisme
16-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Is anyone else having problems getting the video to work? :confused:

16-08-2010, 10:43 PM

No, I think he gave it because it was a blatant shirt oull in the box, with no-one else around to even give the ref need to pause for thought. And yes, I do think it would have been given against the Old Firm too.

17-08-2010, 07:37 AM
How is it that we can beat a brilliant Motherwell side, marshaled by the tactical genius of Craig Brown 'who really knows how to set a team out' yet falter to the Slovenian minnows of Maribor?

Hibs. Such a perplexing kettle of coconuts; a true enigma, shrouded in a cloak of mystique.

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-08-2010, 07:56 AM
www.101greatgoals.com - ought to be on there

cheers lyonhibs :thumbsup:

7Hero
17-08-2010, 08:00 AM
what about hogg for the first goal, could he not have got a foot to the ball and cleared it ? not the best of defending to be honest, not like him...:rolleyes:

17-08-2010, 08:52 AM
In fact, I recall Hibs getting slated for keeping possession and doing nothing with it in pre-season.

:agree: We were sheite when going nowhere, yet Motherwell murdered us going nowhere. :faf::faf: You couldn't make this up?:agree:

17-08-2010, 08:54 AM
what about hogg for the first goal, could he not have got a foot to the ball and cleared it ? not the best of defending to be honest, not like him...:rolleyes:

:agree: Completely in the wrong position. He should have been between the ball and the goal, but he decided to get into no mans land, poor poor defending. :boo hoo:

17-08-2010, 09:04 AM
I was sitting in line with Hogg and I think he chose to leave it (for some reason) rather than block the incoming ball. He was beyond the front post...much like covering the space at a corner and I was amazed that he didn't stick a foot out to block the cross.