PDA

View Full Version : squad

hibbysam
15-08-2010, 10:14 PM
so how far off a very good starting 11 are we now after today?

imo id have the spine of the side similar,

stack
hart bamba hanlon ??
wotherspoon miller ?? ??
riordan stokes

id say three players, maybe sticking murray in at centre midfield, im afraid he doesnt have the pace to play left back anymore, but still a solid squad player who will get stuck in so maybe centre midfield is where he should play,

so a new left back and possibly galbraith or a new left winger and id say we were pretty much a very good team, up front there will always be goals with those two, pace down both flanks and a creative player in miller, and a solid back four if we could find a murray with pace:agree:

BEEJ
15-08-2010, 10:18 PM
You're assuming that Bamba will still be at ER come 1st September - Fulham apparently renewed their interest last week.

Still not sure about the GK position either. Had hoped Brown would be like a new signing in that regard, but not so.

hibbysam
15-08-2010, 10:25 PM
You're assuming that Bamba will still be at ER come 1st September - Fulham apparently renewed their interest last week.

Still not sure about the GK position either. Had hoped Brown would be like a new signing in that regard, but not so.

i am pretty sure bamba will be a hibs player come 1st september , seems to be back enjoying himself again so hopefully keep him for the season, without him we would be struggling, stephens and hanlon very inexperienced although very decent prospects,

stack is solid enough though, no nonsense goalkeeper, yeh he will make one or two mistakes but wouldnt be at hibs if he didnt:agree:

.Sean.
15-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Stack

Hart.....Bamba.....Hogg.....Hanlon/Murray

De Graff/Wotherspoon.....McBride.....Miller.....Wotherspoon/Galbraith

Stokes.....Riordan

That's assuming our transfer dealings are finished until January. Hopefull we'll see at least a striker brought in before then.

Diclonius
15-08-2010, 10:32 PM
We're only as good as the players we play. Yogi will not drop Hogg or Nish, will not consider Galbraith as a first teamer, and in what I see as becoming one of the more frustrating points of the season, will not move Murray to defensive midfield. What's more, if we are short of players then younger more exciting prospects will be overlooked in favour of John Rankin.

When the manager won't play the right players then a good squad means nothing IMO.

.Sean.
15-08-2010, 10:39 PM
We're only as good as the players we play. Yogi will not drop Hogg or Nish, will not consider Galbraith as a first teamer, and in what I see as becoming one of the more frustrating points of the season, will not move Murray to defensive midfield. What's more, if we are short of players then younger more exciting prospects will be overlooked in favour of John Rankin.

When the manager won't play the right players then a good squad means nothing IMO.
NEEDS a run in the team! :agree:

It's quite simple. Give him a proper run and if he produces he will be like a new signing. If he doesn't look like he'll consistently produce, punt him. Easy peasy. Not fair to keep the laddie on the bench forever more.

FWIW I think he'll prove his worth.

hibbysam
15-08-2010, 10:41 PM

exactly my thoughts, really frustrating at times when, last year at home to hearts in particular murray was done time and time again, just through lack of pace, hes got so much to offer at defensive midfield and would allow miller to push on into his natural position,

as for nish and hogg theyre just not good enough, hanlon is the best centre half weve produced in years yet still cant get a look in, and nish just doesnt have it, id love for them to succeed but sometimes you have to hold your hand up and say its just not working,

Iain G
16-08-2010, 12:43 AM
I think we need to do a bit or juggling to get in another option at left back and an option up front, we have 3 forwards (and Byrne away on loan) so if he is going to play 3 up, we need another option up front to change things. Am tempted to say we need a centre half too...

If money is tight it's time to go to 2 experienced goalkeepers and punt a midfielder (Rankin or Stevenson IMHO) to free up the cash to balance the squad.