PDA

View Full Version : It's On Telly, On A Bad Day, At A Terrible Time, But The New Stadium Is Open, So...

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2010, 09:39 PM
...how many will we get for the huns game?

3pm
15-08-2010, 09:44 PM
My hoose is up for sale so I can only make the 1st half. I am a disgrace.

1two
15-08-2010, 09:45 PM
16k would be decent

Keith_M
15-08-2010, 09:50 PM
16k would be a miracle

Fixed that noo!

.Sean.
15-08-2010, 09:54 PM
circa 15K.

iwasthere1972
15-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Would be amazed and disappointed if under 16K with the opening of the new east stand.

Looking forward to being in there and outsinging the huns for a change. Not by myself of course.

Kevvy1875
15-08-2010, 10:02 PM
We have to fill it on the first game with the east open surely? At least 19k...if not then we could be looking at a half empty stadium this season for the cat b games which will be weird.

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Whatever happens, the new East will rock and I think it'll be close to capacity. It's the West and FF that concern me.

johnrebus
16-08-2010, 08:31 AM
If the game is all ticket (for Hibs fans) 14,500.

If pay at the gate (and well publicised) 17,500.

:agree:

flash
16-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Cant imagine anyone with the time and money to be there missing this one.

cheltenhamhibee
16-08-2010, 08:42 AM
I'd hope for 18k plus, would be great if there was and get the new east bouncin

Pretty Boy
16-08-2010, 09:49 AM
12-14K.

The huns will sell out their 3000 odd and we'll have our usual 9500-10000 in attendance.

Ritchie
16-08-2010, 09:54 AM
i have an impossible decision to make.

play for the beers

or

go to the hibs game

:boo hoo:

boris the blade
16-08-2010, 09:57 AM
I'd hope for 18k plus, would be great if there was and get the new east bouncin

Unless we have a fantastic season and get near splitting the old firm I reckon we won't get an attendance over 17000. We never got above that Mark last season despite a decent start commanding 3rd for the first half of the season
With the game on tv this weekend and the fee of 27 quid - 28.50 online or phone will result in a crowd around 15000 16000

I would doubt Easter road will sell out at 20225 as we never sold out last season with 3000 seats less.

Phil MaGlass
16-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Hopefully pay at the gate to bump up the crowd.

Gingertosser
16-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Don't people already have to be registered with the ticket office, especially for a category A game.

Isn't this in place to stop away fans from buying tickets in our end.

If so, you won't get much more than 14k :confused:

hibsforeurope
16-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Don't people already have to be registered with the ticket office, especially for a category A game.

Isn't this in place to stop away fans from buying tickets in our end.

If so, you won't get much more than 14k :confused:

I know a few people who wanted to bring friends, who are not yet on the database, along with them to this game but they could not add them to the database. As a result neither will be going to the game, £54 lost to Hibs due to this policy.

hibeedonald
16-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I know a few people who wanted to bring friends, who are not yet on the database, along with them to this game but they could not add them to the database. As a result neither will be going to the game, £54 lost to Hibs due to this policy.

they could buy their friends the tickets on the day though?

hibsforeurope
16-08-2010, 11:33 AM
they could buy their friends the tickets on the day though?

Would they not still need to buy it through the ticket office?

.Sean.
16-08-2010, 11:38 AM
I think the club will sell tickets on the day from the ticket office to those on the database. No danger they'll sell tickets solely at the turnstiles though as huns will find a way in.

hibsforeurope
16-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I think the club will sell tickets on the day from the ticket office to those on the database. No danger they'll sell tickets solely at the turnstiles though as huns will find a way in.

That's what i thought. Seems daft that a Hibby on the database cannot bring a friend along to a game, especially when they are looking to fill more seats.

iwasthere1972
16-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Whatever happens, the new East will rock and I think it'll be close to capacity. It's the West and FF that concern me.

I'm also worried about the drop in prawn sandwich sales due to people moving in their droves from the west to the east. This could have a serious knock on effect for fisherman in the North Atlantic. :grr:

Sir David Gray
16-08-2010, 12:19 PM

Can't season ticket holders buy the tickets in their name and just accept that you are responsible for your friends' behaviour?

From the official site;

Category A home games

Tickets can be sold only to people on the database. There will be no limit placed on the number of tickets a client can purchase for these matches.

Supporters will be encouraged by the ticket office to register as many of the attendees as possible onto the database for the ease of future purchases for any Category A home matches and all away matches.

The purchaser will be informed that they themselves will be responsible for all attendees if all tickets are purchased in their name.

Lofarl
16-08-2010, 12:24 PM
People have short memories. The Huns got into our end for the title game last season. Hell Im pretty sure that the whole row of the South stand I was in was infested with huns.

Its easy to buy tickets for your mates. Or they only have to buy something small to get put onto the database.

I hope for a good attendance. Fans came out in good numbers to say goodbye to the old East and I hope many will take the opportunity to be able to say hello to the new one.

hibsforeurope
16-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Can't season ticket holders buy the tickets in their name and just accept that you are responsible for your friends' behaviour?

From the official site;

Category A home games

Tickets can be sold only to people on the database. There will be no limit placed on the number of tickets a client can purchase for these matches.

Supporters will be encouraged by the ticket office to register as many of the attendees as possible onto the database for the ease of future purchases for any Category A home matches and all away matches.

The purchaser will be informed that they themselves will be responsible for all attendees if all tickets are purchased in their name.

This option was not given at the time, they were told that tickets could only be bought for people already on the database. It seems the ticket sales staff are costing Hibs valuable extra sales, if the details on the web site are correct.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2010, 09:02 AM
This option was not given at the time, they were told that tickets could only be bought for people already on the database. It seems the ticket sales staff are costing Hibs valuable extra sales, if the details on the web site are correct.

Spoke to a Aussie/Kiwi sounding girl in the ticket office who said that the East was selling well, and would probably sell out by the end of the week, if they continued to shift at this rate. The Hibs fans are, there will probably be a late run on them friday/sat.

So, it seems that there will be not much bother getting in the West of FF, but if you want to be in the East on this historic occasion, it might be an idea to nip down reasonably sharpish.

Still going for around 14,000 but with 6,000 in the east, 3,500 huns in the south and the other 4,500 spread between a ghostly looking FF and West.

Speedway
18-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Spoke to a Aussie/Kiwi sounding girl in the ticket office who said that the East was selling well, and would probably sell out by the end of the week, if they continued to shift at this rate. The Hibs fans are, there will probably be a late run on them friday/sat.

So, it seems that there will be not much bother getting in the West of FF, but if you want to be in the East on this historic occasion, it might be an idea to nip down reasonably sharpish.

Still going for around 14,000 but with 6,000 in the east, 3,500 huns in the south and the other 4,500 spread between a ghostly looking FF and West.

It's ok. The cameras will be coming from the West so as long as the FF is decently populated, the crowd will look big, even if the West is more like the Mary Celeste.

andrew70
18-08-2010, 09:27 AM

I phoned up for three friends all hibs fans to get tickets and told them they are not on the database but I am willing to vouch for them. The woman said that was not a problem and sold me three tickets...well done the TO.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2010, 09:31 AM
It's ok. The cameras will be coming from the West so as long as the FF is decently populated, the crowd will look big, even if the West is more like the Mary Celeste.

The prawn sandwich brigade (of which I'm a militant member, provided the bread is a whole grain brown and the prawns haven't been deep frozen) will soon get fed up of slumming it with the hoi polio and we'll retreat to our more rarified bastions, to even out the imbalance between the stands.

hibs0666
18-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Based on this poll the crowd will be around 15,800 which is about 1,100 down on our first home game against them last season.

It would be nice to get 18,000-odd along but can't see it for the reasons mentioned.

Sergey
18-08-2010, 11:06 AM
The prawn sandwich brigade (of which I'm a militant member, provided the bread is a whole grain brown and the prawns haven't been deep frozen) will soon get fed up of slumming it with the hoi polio and we'll retreat to our more rarified bastions, to even out the imbalance between the stands.

:hijack:

Prawns, Bob, A subject extremely close to my heart.

Firstly, sorry to be a pedant, but all prawns sold in the UK have previously been deep frozen (or IQF to give it the correct term). The critters that'll be in your prawn sarnie will most likely be North Atlantic Shrimp, aka Norwegian Prawn, Pandalus borealis.

As an aside, the naming of fish is a nightmare. Can you tell the difference between a scampi, a langoustine, a Dublin Bay prawn or a Norwegian lobster? No, of course you can't, because they're all the same thing. Except in America, where scampi can mean Italian prawn, even though the Italian for prawn is gamba. And Americans call prawns shrimp. Go figure!

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2010, 04:46 PM
:hijack:

Prawns, Bob, A subject extremely close to my heart.

Firstly, sorry to be a pedant, but all prawns sold in the UK have previously been deep frozen (or IQF to give it the correct term). The critters that'll be in your prawn sarnie will most likely be North Atlantic Shrimp, aka Norwegian Prawn, Pandalus borealis.

As an aside, the naming of fish is a nightmare. Can you tell the difference between a scampi, a langoustine, a Dublin Bay prawn or a Norwegian lobster? No, of course you can't, because they're all the same thing. Except in America, where scampi can mean Italian prawn, even though the Italian for prawn is gamba. And Americans call prawns shrimp. Go figure!

Lettuce congratulate you on your detailed knowledge of the real football fan's favourite sandwich filling. :wink:

Hibercelona
18-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm optimistic and say its going to be a sell out.

What else are you going to do at 12pm on a sunday? Go to church? :wink:

We won our opening game away from home and are about to open the doors to the new east. Its always a huge game against these mob. I can't see any reason why we can't sell out.

hibsboy90
18-08-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm optimistic and say its going to be a sell out.

What else are you going to do at 12pm on a sunday? Go to church? :wink:

We won our opening game away from home and are about to open the doors to the new east. Its always a huge game against these mob. I can't see any reason why we can't sell out.
I think we have our new hibernian marketing idea for when 'family home' gets old....

Can see it being slightly controversial :wink:

down-the-slope
18-08-2010, 07:58 PM

:rolleyes: well given the fact that when I added a new member under 135 birthday offer its aws a struggle to get ANY 2 seats together for them in central few blocks its can't be that empty in lower

HOWEVER remember that lots of ST members miss games - particularly against OF i.e. not bringing children ) - and unlike some clubs Hibs only count the click of the turnstyle and not all ST+ walk up / single game sales

hfc rd
18-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I would love it to be a full house but I think it could be be between 15k-16k.

Houchy
18-08-2010, 09:06 PM
I've gone for the 16k-17999 option as I'm buzzing about the new stand and really wouldn't want to miss this one and I can see loads of others feeling this way.. It's going to be awesome.

I may be wrong but I really can't see why we'd get less than we got for the same fixture last year which was also on the telly box IIRC?

sixtwo
18-08-2010, 09:15 PM
I'll be there. Making enough noise for a few more.

I was apathetic towards the end of last season. I never renewed my season ticket this year because i was dissillussioned with the team and couldn't justify the the time and money spent on the team. I've been to the maribor game (home), motherwell away and got my ticket for the rangers game. old habits die hard i guess!

Dashing Bob S
19-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Averaging it out, it roughly looks like about 16,000.

Joe Baker II
19-08-2010, 03:12 PM
That's what i thought. Seems daft that a Hibby on the database cannot bring a friend along to a game, especially when they are looking to fill more seats.

Of course it is but this is Hibs we are talking about, btw I have managed to get a couple of Rangers fans tickets for Hibs areas of the ground so their system is not even fool proof!

Ross4356
19-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Most people are going for under 16K which does beg the question, why the new stand, dont get me wrong I love it and I knew it had to be built which makes ER look amazing, but my pet hate is half empty stadiums aka Boro, Bolton, Sunderland, Villa, Wigan and normally the, "council house" City

hibs0666
19-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Just checked the ticket site and both the west and ff stands have loads of tickets available whereas previously the site was showing the both stands getting pretty full.

7,500 seasos plus 3,500 huns plus 1,000 in corporate hostility plus 3,000 walk-up = 15,000 crowd.