PDA

View Full Version : What Best Sums Up Your Feelings About Today?

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Well?

ArabHibee
15-08-2010, 09:12 PM
A game of 2 halves. :greengrin

Mon the Hibees!! :notworthy:

PISTOL1875
15-08-2010, 09:14 PM
A game of 2 halves. :greengrin

Mon the Hibees!! :notworthy:

My sentiments exactly.....

Riordans Boots
15-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Well?

Taking my dog (Paddy Stanton) for a walk and bumping into Mrs Yogi :thumbsup: and the Twins and me saying "Tell Yogi a said thanks for the win today" ... and the girls roaring " HIBEES :notworthy:HIBEES :notworthy: HIBESS:notworthy:

jdships
15-08-2010, 09:17 PM
It's all in the archives now !!
We won , we got three points - end of !
Remember "Points win prizes "
:greengrin

PISTOL1875
15-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Taking my dog (Paddy Stanton) for a walk and bumping into Mrs Yogi :thumbsup: and the Twins and me saying "Tell Yogi a said thanks for the win today" ... and the girls roaring " HIBEES :notworthy:HIBEES :notworthy: HIBESS:notworthy:

You should've said thanks to Yogi for having the brains to take off Nish , put on a extra defender and shutting the game up.........

iwasthere1972
15-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Rode our luck for a good part of the first half but IIRC it's all about 90 minutes and not just periods of the match. Came back strongly in the second half and gave the fans something to smile about on the way home. Therefore a decent away win and we must be doing something right when we have something like 10 shots on target and score 3 goals albeit one perhaps dodgy. :wink:

Every right to feel confident going into next week's match with the huns.

Riordans Boots
15-08-2010, 10:13 PM
You should've said thanks to Yogi for having the brains to take off Nish , put on a extra defender and shutting the game up.........

We spoke woman to woman :agree:

Sir David Gray
16-08-2010, 11:29 AM
I would say "relieved" is the biggest feeling that I have after yesterday. We were terrible in that first half yesterday and I was delighted to go in at half time at 1-1 because we really should have been about two or three goals down if you're going to be honest about things.

The second half was a lot better and in the last 20 minutes or so we played some nice stuff and we ran the clock down really well too.

There's a lot to work on, if we start that badly next week against Rangers, the game will probably be finished by half time but it was great to get off to a winning start and great to finally put the ghost of the 6-6 game to bed.

Expecting Rain
16-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Well?

Mixed feelings Bob on the performance, we looked good going forward and were at times amateurish at the back, that might be enough to secure a high position in the league it might not.

Beefster
16-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Some great performances from Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Bamba. Some middle of the road performances and some honking performances.

I'd like to see some positions either strengthened with new signings or squad players given a chance but it looks unlikely that either will happen at this moment in time. We're going to suffer if/when we lose Bamba though.

Pretty Boy
16-08-2010, 11:47 AM
There's clearly still work to be done. We played well in spells and were truly awful for 90% of the 1st half.

At the end of the day though we have gone away to a team who will be there or thereabouts when the top 6 is decided and left with 3 points. Dundee Utd failed to win at St Mirren and Hearts only drew at home with 10 man St Johnstone. Whilst it's still early days we have had a tougher start than both these teams and came away with 3 points. I honestly thought we would struggle to pick up anything from our 1st 2 games so i'm pleasantly surprised.

IWasThere2016
16-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Some great performances from Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Bamba. Some middle of the road performances and some honking performances.

I'd like to see some positions either strengthened with new signings or squad players given a chance but it looks unlikely that either will happen at this moment in time. We're going to suffer if/when we lose Bamba though.

:agree: & :boo hoo:

There's clearly still work to be done. We played well in spells and were truly awful for 90% of the 1st half.

At the end of the day though we have gone away to a team who will be there or thereabouts when the top 6 is decided and left with 3 points. Dundee Utd failed to win at St Mirren and Hearts only drew at home with 10 man St Johnstone. Whilst it's still early days we have had a tougher start than both these teams and came away with 3 points. I honestly thought we would struggle to pick up anything from our 1st 2 games so i'm pleasantly surprised.

:agree: It was a great result - even if we only played for a half.

The other resounding thought was we needs Deeks to sign on longer term :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-08-2010, 11:52 AM
That game summed up last season. Same players going all the way from awful to brilliant. Riordan was little short of superb second half. Defensively though, we were not exactly convincing and on another day we could have been three down at half time and Bamba could have had a red for persistant foulling. But, more of the second half will do just fine.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 11:56 AM
That game summed up last season. Same players going all the way from awful to brilliant. Riordan was little short of superb second half. Defensively though, we were not exactly convincing and on another day we could have been three down at half time and Bamba could have had a red for persistant foulling. But, more of the second half will do just fine.

You know if enough people keep saying this, some will start to believe it.:bitchy: What chances would you say could have been goals for Motherwell? And did we have any chances in the first half?

Geo_1875
16-08-2010, 12:33 PM
So if we could have been 3 down at half time you must be assuming every chance would have gone in. That means the 2 superb saves their keeper made would have been goals for us. That makes a half time score of 5-2 to Motherwell. Sorry but I just didn't see 5 clear chances for them in the entire game, never mind the first half. Maybe the game looked different on TV.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 12:43 PM
So if we could have been 3 down at half time you must be assuming every chance would have gone in. That means the 2 superb saves their keeper made would have been goals for us. That makes a half time score of 5-2 to Motherwell. Sorry but I just didn't see 5 clear chances for them in the entire game, never mind the first half. Maybe the game looked different on TV.

You have to remember our chances don't count when someone is trying to get a negative point over. And their chances count double.