PDA

View Full Version : Hibs were unlucky

Jack
15-08-2010, 05:43 PM
A lot of folk were saying we should have been 3 down going into half time instead of level, OK maybe we were.

But in the second half we could have scored more than half a dozen. We were really strong and looked like we could have scored for fun – their keeper made a number of great stops. Miller had the midfield sussed, Ant and Deeks were all but showboating in the last 15 minutes, didn’t do much for my auld ticker. :rolleyes:

So for all those that say we should have been down, what about the better chances we had to put the game beyond, even the 6 we mucked up last time?

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 05:55 PM
A lot of folk were saying we should have been 3 down going into half time instead of level, OK maybe we were.

But in the second half we could have scored more than half a dozen. We were really strong and looked like we could have scored for fun – their keeper made a number of great stops. Miller had the midfield sussed, Ant and Deeks were all but showboating in the last 15 minutes, didn’t do much for my auld ticker. :rolleyes:

So for all those that say we should have been down, what about the better chances we had to put the game beyond, even the 6 we mucked up last time?

The only folk who thought we should have been 3-0 down at H/T are either blind or stupid. Motherwell had 1 decent effort on goal in the 1st half that they scored from. They did not have another shot worthy of our keeper diving to make a save. We on the other hand had 3 great chances, and took one of them, their keeper making 2 good saves in the process. In the 2nd half we created chance after chance, scored 2 more and could have scored 6. There will still be some though who say we were lucky.:bitchy:

ionahibby
15-08-2010, 06:06 PM
The only folk who thought we should have been 3-0 down at H/T are either blind or stupid. Motherwell had 1 decent effort on goal in the 1st half that they scored from. They did not have another shot worthy of our keeper diving to make a save. We on the other hand had 3 great chances, and took one of them, their keeper making 2 good saves in the process. In the 2nd half we created chance after chance, scored 2 more and could have scored 6. There will still be some though who say we were lucky.:bitchy:

Disagree im afraid 3-0 nil maybe is a bit of an overstatement but i would say we were lucky we got the win we were pretty pants for a good 75% of that game just my opinion though

Bayern Bru
15-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Disagree im afraid 3-0 nil maybe is a bit of an overstatement but i would say we were lucky we got the win we were pretty pants for a good 75% of that game just my opinion though

Were you even there? It's one of the better 2nd half performances from Hibs in a long time, we came from a goal down and didn't throw it away even after the penalty, and continued to push for more goals whilst keeping it tight at the back, yet we were lucky and pish for 75% of the match?

The first half was poor, but the second half was a great improvement on the first. Just my opinion though...

PC Stamp
15-08-2010, 06:15 PM
At the game I was at, Motherwell had the lion's share of possession for the first 20 minutes or so and scored with a goal which really should have been prevented. Other than that they created very little for all their possession and Stack only dealt with a few grounders from outside the box.

Thereafter I felt Hibs shaded matters possession wise and the stats will point to Darren Randolph making all the saves with Stack once again required to do very little.

Our goals were all as a result of decent teamwork whilst Motherwell's were largely down to Hibs shooting themselves in the foot!

A deserved 3 points for me if made a little more awkward for ourselves by ourselves!

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 06:18 PM
At the game I was at, Motherwell had the lion's share of possession for the first 20 minutes or so and scored with a goal which really should have been prevented. Other than that they created very little for all their possession and Stack only dealt with a few grounders from outside the box.

Thereafter I felt Hibs shaded matters possession wise and the stats will point to Darren Randolph making all the saves with Stack once again required to do very little.

Our goals were all as a result of decent teamwork whilst Motherwell's were largely down to Hibs shooting themselves in the foot!

A deserved 3 points for me if made a little more awkward for ourselves by ourselves!

:agree::top marks
A spot on assessment PC, i just think unless we play like the 70s Brazil side, and win 5-0 every week, it wont be good enough for some.:boo hoo:

BSEJVT
15-08-2010, 06:26 PM
:agree::top marks
A spot on assessment PC, i just think unless we play like the 70s Brazil side, and win 5-0 every week, it wont be good enough for some.:boo hoo:

What absolute codswallop.

That's 70's Brazil side werent Hibs class

Pele, a poor man's Nish

Alberto, not fit to lace Rankin's boots

They also dont have 1 centre half to compare to Hogg:rolleyes:

Ringothedog
15-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Motherwell 2-3 Hibernian FT
Att: 5,172
MOTHERWELLHIBERNIAN
Possession Motherwell 44% Hibernian 56%
Attempts on target Motherwell 8 Hibernian 8
Attempts off target Motherwell 2 Hibernian 4
Corners Motherwell 2 Hibernian 5
Fouls Motherwell 8 Hibernian 11

As far as I can see the above stats seem to show that we deserved to win especially the stat in bold

PeeJay
15-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I wasn't there, but from what I could see on the Internet we were bloody awful throughout the first half - we had no pace, no organisation, little motivation and seemed completely unable to string more than two passes together - most of the time. Motherwell pressed us and forced us to into constantly making mistakes, they had excellent positioning off the ball and strung lots of good passes together. Humphrey had a fantastic game today, except his final delivery was poor, Hanlon was outpaced by him and even when he kept up with him, there seemed little he could do to stop him. I thought the whole back four was terrible - with the first goal for Motherwell being a case (On Hogg and Bamba's part) of "someone else can deal with it" - except no-body did, another silly soft goal! Yet it is true to say that Motherwell did not really force Stack to do too much during the half. However, apart from mistakes by Motherwell's defence (Stoke's early effort) or free kicks, we seemed unable to put in any concerted effort going forward.

The second half was completely different: Hibs played very well - the whole team was so much better, although Hanlon still had nothing to stop Humphrey, who eventually tired and was substituted. Yogi must have said something (?), because the character of the game changed and Hibs took command - we played some really good football, and did indeed have several excellent chances. Hibs suddenly seemed up for it much more than Motherwell in the 2nd half and I think that threw them - maybe they didn't think we were up to it? Hibs seemed to be enjoying their football, something I haven't see too much of recently. I didn't see Hanlon's goal too well, Brown seems to think it should have been disallowed, Millar's goal was superb, a perfect lay off from Riordan! Motherwell came back into it every so often, but I actually thought we would be able to stand up to them (until Nish's stupid shirt-tugging incident).

Hogg's last ditch block at the end saved us three points, Riordan, Stokes and Millar had a fantastic second half, while I personally thought Riordan had a great 90 minutes: he backtracked, worked hard throughout and he really does have a footballing brain - he has to stay. The whole team worked really hard in the second half, the motivation to win the game seemed to be back, we had by far the better of the game and the chances to score - a deserved victory - a pleasing performance and a great 3pts away from home. We have to start the way we played in the second half though, not every team will fail to make use of any early "dominance" it may have over us.

Baw187
15-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Motherwell 2-3 Hibernian FT
Att: 5,172
MOTHERWELLHIBERNIAN
Possession Motherwell 44% Hibernian 56%
Attempts on target Motherwell 8 Hibernian 8
Attempts off target Motherwell 2 Hibernian 4
Corners Motherwell 2 Hibernian 5
Fouls Motherwell 8 Hibernian 11

As far as I can see the above stats seem to show that we deserved to win especially the stat in bold

Don't think that corner stat is correct... which may throw the others in to question.

Regardless, we defo deserved to win due to our ability to carve out chances, even when not having much of the game. 2nd half we were awsome at times as well.

Bobo
15-08-2010, 07:03 PM
we came from a goal down and didn't throw it away even after the penalty

That's the telling point for me.... conceding the penalty would normally have been the catalyst for us to retreat back onto our own 18 yard line and for panic to set in.

While it may not have been an accomplished defensive performance for the duration of the full 90 minutes, we saw the game out and got the job done despite the setback of the needless penalty.

3 very good points well earned today.

DH1875
15-08-2010, 09:45 PM
A great 3 point today but to be fair we were very lucky to go in at half time 1-1. Secound half was a different story, we looked like a different team and offered a lot more. Just goes to show what could have been acheived against Maribor if we had got off our ***** and actually whent for it.
We still need some pace and width to the team though.

hibbie02
15-08-2010, 10:04 PM
What absolute codswallop.

That's 70's Brazil side werent Hibs class

Pele, a poor man's Nish

Alberto, not fit to lace Rankin's boots

They also dont have 1 centre half to compare to Hogg:rolleyes:

PMSL :top marks

RoYO!
15-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Anyone unsure of if we desereved it might want to take a look at this

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=8327

goalie is on 30% with many stating several excellent stops- one says- kept it from being embarassing.

Now I have to explain to the gf why I'm looking up 'steel men online'. Long night ahead! :wink:

Jonnyboy
15-08-2010, 10:25 PM

:top marks

sahib
15-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Spot on BH.

ionahibby
16-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Why do people think just because we a better 2nd half performance means everything is hunk dory with performances like that every week we ain't getting 3-2 win all the time! we are 5-0 down at half time but the 2nd half was better though ........sure i would be delighted with that :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Why do people think just because we a better 2nd half performance means everything is hunk dory with performances like that every week we ain't getting 3-2 win all the time! we are 5-0 down at half time but the 2nd half was better though ........sure i would be delighted with that :rolleyes:

When was the last time we were 5-0 at half time?