PDA

View Full Version : Question What was the score?

Judas Iscariot
15-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Going by this board it'd appear we got beat today :dunno:

I'm sure we just won our opening game of the season away from home 3-2 :cool2:

Or did I miss something :confused:

marinello59
15-08-2010, 04:05 PM
I only hope we don't win next week too. The Samaritans will have their work cut out if we do.:agree:

jonny
15-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Fantastic result away from home at one of our rivals for 3rd this year. Already 2 points in front of the yams as well :thumbsup:

Thought we looked good going forward, particularly in the 2nd half. Once again Riordan was immense, I cant understand how he keeps getting overlooked for Scotland. On current form he's better than MacFaden IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I only hope we don't win next week too. The Samaritans will have their work cut out if we do.:agree:

:agree::agree:

It would be awful if we won and Nish got the winner.......:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
15-08-2010, 05:26 PM

I think some folk on this board would be annoyed if we didn't play too well but won next week..

Suppose they have to moan about something eh :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I think some folk on this board would be annoyed if we didn't play too well but won next week..

Suppose they have to moan about something eh :rolleyes:

:agree: If we win next week, it will only be through luck. We are the only team who pick 3 points up regularly enough to qualify for Europe, yet were lucky to do so. Other teams when they win, apparently deserve those wins, we never do for some reason? :confused:

hibbybrian
15-08-2010, 05:38 PM
:agree: If we win next week, it will only be through luck. We are the only team who pick 3 points up regularly enough to qualify for Europe, yet were lucky to do so. Other teams when they win, apparently deserve those wins, we never do for some reason? :confused:

But we don't half deserve it when we get beaten :wink:

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 05:42 PM
But we don't half deserve it when we get beaten :wink:

:greengrin

Diclonius
15-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Not a single doom and gloomer defending themselves on this thread.

Long may it continue. :agree:

MSK
15-08-2010, 05:48 PM

It would be awful if we won and Nish got the winner.......:greengrinThis place would be on meltdoon ...:bitchy:

Hey... Nish might even get a thread of his own ...oh ..wait ...:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2010, 05:55 PM
It was a bit reminiscent of early last season. We weren't very good then, but relied on our forwards to dig us out of problem situations.

We kept winning and anticipating what a great team we'd be when we actually started playing. We only really saw glimpses of (two games v Well, one v DU) then we caved in spectacularly.

I'm delighted we won, and we aren't playing in a strong league, and to labour a tired old Yogism, 'there's goal in that team.'

But I fear we're only partially addressing our problems, and I'd like to see us make strides to tighten up defensively and inject some pace into the side.

So Yogi, please, forget our skipper, give Stephens and/or Hanlon games alongside Bamba, while he's still here, give Booth at an occasional shot at LB, use Nish as a sub that WOTHERSPOON FOR NISH mantra is not a bad one, and play Ant and Deeks together up front, with Galbraith getting more than just cameo roles.

Nishy can come off the bench for one of the two main strikers to mix it up if needed.

Judas Iscariot
15-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Not a single doom and gloomer defending themselves on this thread.

Long may it continue. :agree:

I ****ing love Hibs and ****ing love it every single time we win so I'm delighted today!

I just don't get the complaining on here :confused:

Let's just enjoy it naw?

:hnet:

Sergey
15-08-2010, 06:08 PM
It was a bit reminiscent of early last season. We weren't very good then, but relied on our forwards to dig us out of problem situations.

We kept winning and anticipating what a great team we'd be when we actually started playing. We only really saw glimpses of (two games v Well, one v DU) then we caved in spectacularly.

<snipped>

It's probably no coincidence, Bob, but the loss of Zemmama at around Xmas saw our form dip. To me, he's the key to us unlocking defences.

Personally, I think he's been a huge loss to a midfield that is really devoid of any real creativity.

Diclonius
15-08-2010, 06:38 PM
So Yogi, please, forget our skipper, give Stephens and/or Hanlon games alongside Bamba, while he's still here, give Booth at an occasional shot at LB, use Nish as a sub that WOTHERSPOON FOR NISH mantra is not a bad one, and play Ant and Deeks together up front, with Galbraith getting more than just cameo roles.

Sounds good.

From today I'm an official member of the "Wotherspoon for Nish" brigade. :agree:

houston1875
15-08-2010, 07:14 PM

I'd go for that!!!

Ritchie
15-08-2010, 07:27 PM
I ****ing love Hibs and ****ing love it every single time we win so I'm delighted today!

Let's just enjoy it naw?

Bit rich coming from you considering your reaction to the beers winning today :greengrin

Twiglet
15-08-2010, 08:35 PM

Let's just enjoy it naw?

Yes, let's enjoy it! I didn't see the score until full time and actually thought we'd lost when I came on here, i ended up having a look at the BBC website to find out the score!
I was so happy when I saw it, the first thing I did was text my wee cousin to say how Hibs had just topped off my birthday, I didn't want to dwell on the players performances.
Reading the boards on here just made me depressed and I do kinda feel like we lost.
This thread is helping me get to that winning feeling back though.:agree:

Judas Iscariot
15-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Bit rich coming from you considering your reaction to the beers winning today :greengrin

Aye..

But the Beers are much better than a scraped 2-1 win where as today result for Hibs was a terrific one :wink:

Yes, let's enjoy it! I didn't see the score until full time and actually thought we'd lost when I came on here, i ended up having a look at the BBC website to find out the score!
I was so happy when I saw it, the first thing I did was text my wee cousin to say how Hibs had just topped off my birthday, I didn't want to dwell on the players performances.
Reading the boards on here just made me depressed and I do kinda feel like we lost.
This thread is helping me get to that winning feeling back though.:agree:

Good stuff mate, glad the Hibees and my thread have finished your birthday of nicely :notworthy:

Long may the winning way continue :agree: