PDA

View Full Version : Players rating's from today

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Stack - 7 Had a solid game and had no chance with goals
Hart -6 slow start but played well in 2nd hlaf
Bamba - 8 Solid and commanding as ever
Hogg - 5 Gave his all but always looks a liability
Hanlon - 6 Poor 1st half but better in 2nd (was up against my man of the match)
De Graff - 5 Looked off the pace hopefully more to come from him
Miller - 8 Looked the quality player he is
Mcbride - 7 Did the simple things well all game
Riordan - 8 Worked hard, setup goals and looked much better when Nish went off
Nish - 5 Worked hard but broke up good moves and was off the pace
Stokes - 7 Worked his socks off and looks sharp
Subs:
Wotherspoon - 7 Did well when he came on - good sub by Yogi
Stephens 6 - Another good sub to shore up the defence

jonny
15-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Stack - 7 Had a solid game and had no chance with goals
Hart -6 slow start but played well in 2nd hlaf
Bamba - 8 Solid and commanding as ever
Hogg - 5 Gave his all but always looks a liability
Hanlon - 6 Poor 1st half but better in 2nd (was up against my man of the match)
De Graff - 5 Looked off the pace hopefully more to come from him
Miller - 8 Looked the quality player he is
Mcbride - 7 Did the simple things well all game
Riordan - 8 Worked hard, setup goals and looked much better when Nish went off
Nish - 5 Worked hard but broke up good moves and was off the pace
Stokes - 7 Worked his socks off and looks sharp
Subs:
Wotherspoon - 7 Did well when he came on - good sub by Yogi
Stephens 6 - Another good sub to shore up the defence

Agree with most of that - I actually thought that Hart played quite well though and would have given him a 7.
I agree that Hanlon didnt have a great game but prefer him to Murray at left back, just has a wee bit more pace and doesnt get caught out of position as much - can see his work in the gym has paid dividends and he looks a lot stronger than he did last year - IMO probably our best left back at the moment.

Hibby Bairn
15-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Thought Hanlon did OK today. Some great tackling, getting up the left in support and showed some decent pace. A good contest between him and their winger. The Motherwell boy overall came out on top but Paul did well.

And thought Stokes had his best game for Hibs. Much, much fitter and bouyed by his goals in midweek.

Calvin
15-08-2010, 04:38 PM
I liked Hanlon today. His tackling was good and I think that in a year or two he will really be a quality player. He had a few mistakes today but I think they were down to inexperience and perhaps nerves, rather than due to a lack of ability.

ekhibee
15-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Although I think Hanlon is a very promising star of the future for Hibs, and definitely has talent, I did not think he had a great game today. I thought, to be honest, that Humphreys had him in his back pocket, and if he'd been able to put in a decent cross or 2 Hibs would have been in serious trouble. The fact that this didn't happen says more about Humphrey's inability to cross than Hanlon doing anything to stop him. That said, I see Hanlon as a really promising talent, just wish he wasn't having to use Hogg as his mentor most of the time.

PeterboroHibee
15-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Humphrey is all pace, and with Riordan and Hanlon not being the quickest, he did have a bit of an advantage. Still think they both did okay, when they got him in the corner it was usually okay, it was just when he hit us on the break. His delivery was awful though so didnt really make much difference. With experience Hanlon will learn how to deal with these sort of players.

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Stack - 6 -Solid enough game, had no chance with goals, wish he'd come off line sometimes
Hart -6 -Slow start but came onto a game. Not pacy but understands his position, proper RB.
Bamba - 8 Without him in the defence today, I shudder to think...
Hogg - 5 As miscast as captain as I was as potential asbo stand arsonist. Good block at the end though.
Hanlon - 7 Started badly against a decent, fast player, but stuck to his task and started to suss him out to the extent he was subbed. Not an LB though.
De Graff - 5 A slice of Kerresque anonimity today, but he's better than that and will be an asset.
Miller - 8 A quality player, great strike.
McBride - 6 Perhaps not at his best but he makes others play better. Miller looks a different player with K McB behind him.
Riordan - 8 MOM, three assists, even better when he was upfront with Stokes. Give them a shot up there together Yogi!
Nish - 5 Wasn't effective today, unless you count for M'well - soft pen to give away. Still love the Musselburgh Manta Ray though.
Stokes - 7 A brilliant striker, sharp as a tack. Looking even better than the guy who banged in 20 last season.
Subs:
Wotherspoon - 7 If he'd been from the start in place of Nish it could have been a rout for Hibs.
Stephens 6 - Wasn't really on long enough to judge but played his part in shutting the Green Door on the Steelmen. I fancy if he'd been on instead of Hogg our defence would have looked less 'shaky'.

sahib
15-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Humphrey is all pace, and with Riordan and Hanlon not being the quickest, he did have a bit of an advantage. Still think they both did okay, when they got him in the corner it was usually okay, it was just when he hit us on the break. His delivery was awful though so didnt really make much difference. With experience Hanlon will learn how to deal with these sort of players.

I thought he put in some great balls, anyway, back to Hibs. To me, Bamba, Miller, McBride Stokes and Riordan all showed a bit of class. New signings Hart and De Graf? did not look anything special. I like Hanlon but I think he is just a bit to slow for the wingback/fullback/wide defensive role or what ever they call it, that said he done OK. I was shouting at poor old Nishy (TV) he could not do a thing right today. Hogg never seems as bad as people make out.
Well done Hibs a great result helped by a wee bit of luck

whiskyhibby
15-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Although I think Hanlon is a very promising star of the future for Hibs, and definitely has talent, I did not think he had a great game today. I thought, to be honest, that Humphreys had him in his back pocket, and if he'd been able to put in a decent cross or 2 Hibs would have been in serious trouble. The fact that this didn't happen says more about Humphrey's inability to cross than Hanlon doing anything to stop him. That said, I see Hanlon as a really promising talent, just wish he wasn't having to use Hogg as his mentor most of the time.

I agree wwith most of this but to say that Humphreys had him in his back pocket is a bit disingenious - Hanlon was the better full back today, showed good pace and timely tackles to a pretty difficult opponent..........Didn't get him all the time but won most battles :top marks

euro Hibby
15-08-2010, 10:06 PM
no credit to Hanlon also for is goal !

MOM for me was Riordan - 3 assists , got back and put in a real shift. Liked Mohterwell goalie.