PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish

Hibby Bairn
15-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Just wanted to say the abuse on here for Nish is unbelievable. Even when threads start about something completely different it ends up with a rant at Nish.

And to start a thread entitled "Clown" is just incredible.

This type of stuff then spills over into the crowd at Fir Park. There was one guy behind me who no matter what happened in the game it was Nish's fault. Just abuse throughout.

I just don't see the point in it at all. Surely better to give him 100% support, build confidence and help him, help us win games?

Gatecrasher
15-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Just wanted to say the abuse on here for Nish is unbelievable. Even when threads start about something completely different it ends up with a rant at Nish.

This type of stuff then spills over into the crowd at Fir Park. There was one guy behind me who no matter what happened in the game it was Nish's fault. Just abuse throughout.

I just don't see the point in it at all. Surely better to give him 100% support, build confidence and help him, help us win games?

:top marks

sleeping giant
15-08-2010, 03:01 PM
To win 2-3 away from home in the first game of the season is a fantastic result.

Some of the **** ive just read on here is unbelievable:bitchy:

Well done Hibs. Great start to the season :thumbsup:

hibee_girl
15-08-2010, 03:01 PM

:agree:

marinello59
15-08-2010, 03:02 PM

:agree: Good post.

down-the-slope
15-08-2010, 03:05 PM
:agree: here here

Dunbar Hibee
15-08-2010, 03:06 PM
To win 2-3 away from home in the first game of the season is a fantastic result.

:thumbsup:

MSK
15-08-2010, 03:06 PM

500miles
15-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Nish didn't play all that well today. However, even when he does play well, there are fans that don't recognise it, so they jump on any oppertunity to slate the boy. Even with the penalty in mind, he wasn't the cause of most of our woes today. We had no one in midfield who wanted to go on a run with the ball, and Hart wasn't interested in doing so either. As soon as Wotherspoon did that, we looked a lot better for it.

heretoday
15-08-2010, 03:10 PM
If Nish was served by two old fashioned wingers who could cross a ball he'd be devastating.

hibernator
15-08-2010, 03:13 PM

Correct, then there are the deep thinkers:rolleyes: who think Hibs played better when Nish went off, well they probably need to look at Wotherspoons contribution who came on for De GRaff, his confidence on the ball gave Motherwell a problem De Graff had not, Stevens came on for Nish, why has Yogi not been given credit for the changes he made ?

Houchy
15-08-2010, 03:18 PM
If Nish was served by two old fashioned wingers who could cross a ball he'd be devastating.

He is devastating...to watch

Can't control a ball, can't stay on his feet, can't stay onside, can't get far enough away from Easter Road as far as I'm concerned:bitchy:

Everyone has been told that the refs are going to be more stringent re shirt pulling, so what does he do? Tugs the shirt of a player, in the box, who was running out the box and gives away a penalty which COULD have cost us 2 points.

I'm sorry, I know where you're coming from, "get behind the team instead of slating them", and I agree and salute you for that but Nish is not a footballer. We were a far better side when he went off.

I appreciate that he doesn't mean to be sh** and probably does try 100% but he just doesn't have it for me.

MSK
15-08-2010, 03:18 PM
I wonder what the Nish haters do when he scores ...?..that must be so ****ing painful for them when they have to sit on their hands...:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
15-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Can't control a ball, can't stay on his feet, can't stay onside, can't get far enough away from Easter Road as far as I'm concerned:bitchy:

Everyone has been told that the refs are going to be more stringent re shirt pulling, so what does he do? Tugs the shirt of a player, in the box, who was running out the box and gives away a penalty which COULD have cost us 2 points.

I'm sorry, I know where you're coming from, "get behind the team instead of slating them", and I agree and salute you for that but Nish is not a footballer. We were a far better side when he went off.

I appreciate that he doesn't mean to be sh** and probably does try 100% but he just doesn't have it for me.

well said, never good enough for hibs.

California-Hibs
15-08-2010, 03:22 PM

100% correct!
Two guys sitting infront of me today gave Nish it tight the whole afternoon, as you say, EVERYTHING was Nish's fault. Sorry to say this but alot of Hibs fans talk total tosh, and are extremely negative 24/7! Todays a day to be positive, some folk on here should really try it!!

C'mon the Hibees!! :agree:

Houchy
15-08-2010, 03:23 PM
well said, never good enough for hibs.

Cheers, thought I would get a total kickin' for that one.:greengrin

AK86
15-08-2010, 03:23 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Couldnt agree more.I,ve seen a lot worse than Nish play for Hibs
Last season his goals and assists just seemed to be forgotten. I could see the point if he didnt give his all, but he is a hibby playing for the jersey. Surely a bit more support is going to help the guy

California-Hibs
15-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I wonder what the Nish haters do when he scores ...?..that must be so ****ing painful for them when they have to sit on their hands...:greengrin

I take great delight everytime he scores, just after, to shout ''WELL DONE NISHY, THATS HOW TO SHUT THE HATERS UP!'' Oh how i love the looks i get each time after i shout that! :greengrin

Houchy
15-08-2010, 03:26 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Couldnt agree more.I,ve seen a lot worse than Nish play for Hibs
Last season his goals and assists just seemed to be forgotten. I could see the point if he didnt give his all, but he is a hibby playing for the jersey. Surely a bit more support is going to help the guy

As I say, I'm not questioning that he gives 100% for a club he loves but so would anyone of us in the stands but that does not make us Lionel Messi. I think he's a good honest worker but just doesn't have it.

bighairyfaeleith
15-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Cheers, thought I would get a total kickin' for that one.:greengrin

oh you will:greengrin

Houchy
15-08-2010, 03:27 PM
oh you will:greengrin

I'm assuming the position right now.:greengrin

lucky
15-08-2010, 03:27 PM
It was a great result. But Nish is simply a poor SPL player. Who in the opinion of most is not good enough for Hibs

Duffys13
15-08-2010, 03:28 PM

Good post, what I would do to see us with even one winger! Really hope to see more of Galbraith this season. Thought Spoony looked sharp today when he came on :greengrin

gillythehibby
15-08-2010, 03:28 PM

Bang on my man. Not the best player by any means but does a stint and can score goals. Does the dirty work up front. This was more or less what was said on the radio today. Same old gash spouted by the same people. Until Rod gives yogi a wedge for a similar but better player, then he gets all the support he needs. Good 3 points the day and played some nice stuff in patches. God bless the Hibs

Pretty Boy
15-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I've defended Nish in the past and will continue to do so if the criticsim he receives is unfair. On saying that he was awful today. Was off side with little good reason several times, looked apathetic and disinterested at times, wasn't strong enough and misplaced so many passes it was frightening. Add to that the complete mess he made of a chance to score a 4th and one of the most stupid fouls i've ever seen which resulted in a Motherwell penalty.

He is being asked to play a role that isn't his natural game, if we were banging crosses into the box he would easily get 12-15 goals a season. But we're not playing like that so he has to adapt. Derek Riordan must hate playing left midfield but look at the effort and performance he put in today, was absolutely superb at times.

Nish is a decent squad player but with performance and decision making like he showed today he deserves to be criticised IMO.

Austinho
15-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Nish didn't play all that well today. However, even when he does play well, there are fans that don't recognise it, so they jump on any oppertunity to slate the boy. Even with the penalty in mind, he wasn't the cause of most of our woes today. We had no one in midfield who wanted to go on a run with the ball, and Hart wasn't interested in doing so either. As soon as Wotherspoon did that, we looked a lot better for it.

Were you watching the same game as me ?? Thought Miller was brilliant today and several runs in to box and great goal. McBride even got forward a few times. Hart was attacking down right also although he stopped short of getting to bye line which I find disappointing as that should be in every defenders reportoire. Nish should have scored after penalty when he was effectively one on one but with no pace he let the defence get around him. Great start to season and second half was very entertaining and some very good football played. Yogi played a great card in bringing Stephens on to shore up defence for a striker so surely credit where credit is due.

HibeeSince85
15-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Don't agree with abusing him at games, have to support the team all the way and if he has a good game or when he scores i'll praise him and cheer him BUT he is not good enough to play for Hibs, this is my opinion and I'm no Alex Ferguson:greengrin but i've watched him now for the last 2 years and his touch and movement just are not as good as they should be, aye we won today and i'm delighted, good start to the season but if we want to continue winning games and challange for europe every year then we have to realise we need players of a better calibre than him, and I do think there are players out there available who could take his place and improve the squad.

Squad player at most.

Big Frank
15-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Fans let player know he honks shocker:rolleyes: Fans have been doing this since the start of football. Its not new.

Nish was fairly crap today. Squad player at most for me.

Hes fairly crap most games he plays. Hibernian fans didn't all of a sudden decide he was crap.

hibee-shtuggie
15-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Fans let player know he honks shocker:rolleyes: Fans have been doing this since the start of football. Its not new.

Nish was fairly crap today. Squad player at most for me.

Hes fairly crap most games he plays. Hibernian fans didn't all of a sudden decide he was crap.

hoooooray!!! someone who talks sense. i'm also fed up with supporters who blindly support this clown. so many people can't be wrong. take the green tinted glasses off folks, hes not good enough. still don't agree with the abuse he gets at games thats not on but sometimes he can anger frustration from fans who have to watch this numpty in a hibs shirt fall on his a**e. i mean he was through one on one after the pen when Craigan fell and Craigan still managed to catch him because he is as slow as a week in jail and fell over his feet. smashing eh folks.

fife hfc
15-08-2010, 04:26 PM
For the role Yogi wants nish to play in the team he is not up to scratch. Yogi to me is looking for nish to play like Mixu, play as the central striker who can hold the ball up and allow Deek, Stokes, Miller and DeGraff to play off him. Nish can't play this role as the ball never seems to stick. I do believe he is a good player to have in the squad as he chipped in with 12 goals last season but not to play the role Yogi wants.

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 05:00 PM
hoooooray!!! someone who talks sense. i'm also fed up with supporters who blindly support this clown. so many people can't be wrong. take the green tinted glasses off folks, hes not good enough. still don't agree with the abuse he gets at games thats not on but sometimes he can anger frustration from fans who have to watch this numpty in a hibs shirt fall on his a**e. i mean he was through one on one after the pen when Craigan fell and Craigan still managed to catch him because he is as slow as a week in jail and fell over his feet. smashing eh folks.

:top marks i cant believe people on here that defend this Huddie. I do agree he has scored a few goals at the end of the season but he just isnt a footballer. When big Maka was here we should have given him a wee shot up front. He couldnt be any worse. But hey, thats my opinion

Gatecrasher
15-08-2010, 05:07 PM
:top marks i cant believe people on here that defend this Huddie. I do agree he has scored a few goals at the end of the season but he just isnt a footballer. When big Maka was here we should have given him a wee shot up front. He couldnt be any worse. But hey, thats my opinion

IMO whether or not he is good enough for hibs is not the issue its the constant stick on here and in the stands he and some other players get, it doesnt do anyone any good apart from the opposition team who are playing a hibs team with their so called fans on their backs.

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 05:22 PM
IMO whether or not he is good enough for hibs is not the issue its the constant stick on here and in the stands he and some other players get, it doesnt do anyone any good apart from the opposition team who are playing a hibs team with their so called fans on their backs.

your right about the abuse at the games, but it is the only we get to voice our opinion. If you employed a joiner to do work at your house and he was pish, how long would you continue to pay him.Not long i presume so why do we keep playing Nish.

And how you can say whether he is good enough or not, is not an issue. That is the only issue. If he was good enough he would not get the stick he gets.

just_joe
15-08-2010, 05:22 PM

LOL your signature! I was sitting for about 5 mins hitting my screen with a rolled up newspaper! :thumbsup:

just_joe
15-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Nish is a good player on his day in fairness. watching him today is watching a man drained of confidence. i feel sorry for him the man ovbiously has no confidence whatsoever. I know hes not blessed with natural ability but the fans who slate him have to take 50% of the blame. Even if he does good he gets slated. keep your head up Nishtelrooy!

euro Hibby
15-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Nish was crap start of season last year and then had a couple of Ok spells during the season. Big guys need more time to come into form. That said , sometimes it is painful to watch him.

Gatecrasher
15-08-2010, 05:27 PM
your right about the abuse at the games, but it is the only we get to voice our opinion. If you employed a joiner to do work at your house and he was pish, how long would you continue to pay him.Not long i presume so why do we keep playing Nish.

And how you can say whether he is good enough or not, is not an issue. That is the only issue. If he was good enough he would not get the stick he gets.

i CAN say its the issue here because thats the point the original poster made, it was nothing to do with Nish's ability as a player.

Like it or not its yogi's decision whether to play him and like it or not and ultimately the buck stops with him, we as fans should be there to support the players, manager and more importantly the club. slagging players off constantly acheives none of those

jdships
15-08-2010, 05:31 PM

With you all the way on this :thumbsup:

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 05:32 PM
i CAN say its the issue here because thats the point the original poster made, it was nothing to do with Nish's ability as a player.

Like it or not its yogi's decision whether to play him and like it or not and ultimately the buck stops with him, we as fans should be there to support the players, manager and more importantly the club. slagging players off constantly acheives none of those

The only issue i have with big Nishy is that he is pish.

And i do support the club by buying a season ticket, and as a paying supporter i have the right to air my views about our players.

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Tell me then how do you support Nish at the game

Do you shout well done Nishy you nearly picked out a Hibs player. Nice one sun your flick into nowhere nearly paid off. Well jumped big man we nearly got a fag paper under your feet. Good on you big man you have gave the woman a real reason to wash your shorts as you went down well and stood there with your hands in the air. Fantastic Nish you nearly caught up with that player.

Honestly if he deserves credit i will give him credit but a tortoise could run away from him

jdships
15-08-2010, 05:38 PM

I often wonder what some of the people who post on here really expect from a Football Club ?
I have resisted replying to some of the SH ONE T that was written earlier today because of that.
As you rightly say this was a great win at a ground which is more often than not difficult to get a result of any kind.
" Well done Hibs. Great start to the season " I totall endorse that :thumbsup:

Tony1962
15-08-2010, 05:39 PM

Could nat agree more. Its time we let him go. I know he has been a hibs supporter all his life and gives us 100% effort every game but he just does not cut it at this level The one to one run through today sums him up he just panics when he get the ball at his feet.

Sorry Nishy

MSK
15-08-2010, 05:41 PM

And i do support the club by buying a season ticket, and as a paying supporter i have the right to air my views about our players.Is it painful for you when he scores ..?...what is your reaction ...do you shout abuse when he scores ..or are you a wee quiet mouse..?seriously ..im interested...:agree:

FromTheCapital
15-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Colin Nish or Amadou Konte ? :wink:

In my eyes, Probably...... Nish ! :thumbsup:

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Is it painful for you when he scores ..?...what is your reaction ...do you shout abuse when he scores ..or are you a wee quiet mouse..?seriously ..im interested...:agree:

Now why would you ask me that question. No its not painful yes am up with the rest of us when he scores.

Why would i shout abuse. I take it you dont really read any of my posts as i have said i will give credit where credit is due. Or do you have some sort of ulterior motive. Am really interested in this

I still think he is Pish, even if he does score a few goals. He does some games actually look interested but today like lots of other times he is just not got a clue

houston1875
15-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Good post, what I would do to see us with even one winger! Really hope to see more of Galbraith this season. Thought Spoony looked sharp today when he came on :greengrin

agree,Mr Nish is crying out for wingers and wideplay,anybody can see that,we do play far too narrow at times,give the boy some cross's pinged in fae the byline plz

calamitus
15-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I've defended Nish in the past and will continue to do so if the criticsim he receives is unfair. On saying that he was awful today. Was off side with little good reason several times, looked apathetic and disinterested at times, wasn't strong enough and misplaced so many passes it was frightening. Add to that the complete mess he made of a chance to score a 4th and one of the most stupid fouls i've ever seen which resulted in a Motherwell penalty.

He is being asked to play a role that isn't his natural game, if we were banging crosses into the box he would easily get 12-15 goals a season. But we're not playing like that so he has to adapt. Derek Riordan must hate playing left midfield but look at the effort and performance he put in today, was absolutely superb at times.

Nish is a decent squad player but with performance and decision making like he showed today he deserves to be criticised IMO.

Totally agree. I'd add that I think Nish is the type of player who can be an asset or a liability, depending on what he's asked to do. He's great at attacking balls, and his positional play is excellent - he never hides, ans as a result often ends up with the ball, or scores tap ins like Stokes scored today - right place at right time. On the negative side, his hold up play is patchy, and his first touch is often poor, but used effectively, he can produce the goods. I think that it's because some aspects of his game are so strong, while others are fairly weak, he polarises opinion.

ionahibby
15-08-2010, 06:02 PM
nish............just and no more:greengrin

Hibs On Tour
15-08-2010, 06:03 PM

Think that is just about the best post I have seen anyone make regarding Nish. Agree 100% with all of that and needs no further comment. Excellent summary of things.

MSK
15-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Now why would you ask me that question. No its not painful yes am up with the rest of us when he scores.

Why would i shout abuse. I take it you dont really read any of my posts as i have said i will give credit where credit is due. Or do you have some sort of ulterior motive. Am really interested in this

I still think he is Pish, even if he does score a few goals. He does some games actually look interested but today like lots of other times he is just not got a clueI do read your posts ..ive read them all ..that's not the point though ..you slate the guy ..you slate the guy on a public forum..he is pish ..a huddie etc but when he scores you jump up & applaud him ..double standards no ..?

I personally dont have a problem with someone disliking a player ..however the vitriol aimed at an individual on a public forum esp after a good hard fought win is pretty pathetic ..

I hope Nishy rams it up the lot of you ...in my humblest opinions of course ..

marinello59
15-08-2010, 06:13 PM

Why would i shout abuse. I take it you dont really read any of my posts as i have said i will give credit where credit is due.

Your only contributions to hibs.net on a day that Hibs won away from home is to berate Nish. And you started that at half time.
Perhaps you could give some credit to the rest of the team, just for the sake of balance?

hibernator
15-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Nobody here is making out Nish is a great player but he is in the top 10 scorers in the SPL EVER, just ahead of Billy Dodds, so to say he is useless is pure ignorance, and he is not in the building trade so if he was to be challenged on his worth in his job he would say "top 10 goal scorer ever,girfuy":asshole:

bighairyfaeleith
15-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I do read your posts ..ive read them all ..that's not the point though ..you slate the guy ..you slate the guy on a public forum..he is pish ..a huddie etc but when he scores you jump up & applaud him ..double standards no ..?

I personally dont have a problem with someone disliking a player ..however the vitriol aimed at an individual on a public forum esp after a good hard fought win is pretty pathetic ..

I hope Nishy rams it up the lot of you ...in my humblest opinions of course ..

so should we not criticise on here now:confused:

MSK
15-08-2010, 06:59 PM
so should we not criticise on here now:confused:Aw start fi the beginning ffs ...:confused:

Criticise ..where did i say you cant do that ..? ...:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
15-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Aw start fi the beginning ffs ...:confused:

Criticise ..where did i say you cant do that ..? ...:confused:

actually just re-read your post, think I got mentally stuck on your first line. fair enough you didn't say he couldn't criticise:greengrin

MSK
15-08-2010, 07:05 PM
actually just re-read your post, think I got mentally stuck on your first line. fair enough you didn't say he couldn't criticise:greengrin:greengrin

discman
15-08-2010, 07:16 PM
so people think nishy was the least effective hibby today??

maximushibee
15-08-2010, 07:27 PM
I like nish as a person as player skills are limited. totally aggree tho we should be getting behind the team building confidence and helping the players on instead of gettin on there backs...

I think nish would have more of an effect when comming on from the bench.. He does show glimpse of ability in some games like that wondergoal he scored last season or the season before about 25yards out or something..

But anywho great start to the season 3points away from home lets hope the team builds on this and pushes for europe again..

Hail hail the hibs are here etc etc etc

MSK
15-08-2010, 07:31 PM
so people think nishy was the least effective hibby today??What gives you that idea ..?

hibsbollah
15-08-2010, 07:33 PM

And i do support the club by buying a season ticket, and as a paying supporter i have the right to air my views about our players.

bob12345
15-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Would be very interested to see offside stats for the whole SPL, wouldn't be surprised if he was the most caught in the league.

ArabHibee
15-08-2010, 07:36 PM
What a slur on Colin Nish to even contemplate a thread like this. :no way:

edit: The above post was made in relation to the Nish/Konte thread that has now been merged with this one and not in relation to the post number 1.

bighairyfaeleith
15-08-2010, 07:36 PM
What gives you that idea ..?

you should never answer a question with a question, it's annoying isn't it?

hibsbollah
15-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Only one of them got us into Europe. Single-handed. End of story:agree:

No, Colin got us into Europe too, I forgot. Call it a draw.

MSK
15-08-2010, 07:46 PM
you should never answer a question with a question, it's annoying isn't it?Who says ..?...

Houchy
15-08-2010, 07:51 PM

I wish he was the least effective player today but he gave away a penalty from nothing ergo he was effective for Motherwell. Given Hibernian Football Club are his employers, he was, very much so, the most detramental player for Hibs today. I felt that Hogg had a poor game and Hanlon was ripped to bits by their winger but neither were as culpable today as as Colin Nish.
Yes, culpable would normally only be used if we hadn't taken all three points but really, the last 10/15 minutes or whatever would have been much more enjoyable if Colin hadn't given away that needless penalty then made more of a fist of finishing his 1 on 1.

SMAXXA
15-08-2010, 07:57 PM
How anyone can defend this guy is beyond me, yes he's a hibby no ones questioning that, yes he probably gives everything when he plays, fair enough, but how many people on here would fall into the same catagory should we be given the oportunity????

There are people on her so quick to defend this guy like he is some kind of assett to Hibs, well if Hibs want to get to where everyone here wants them to be, guys like Colin Nish should be no where near a Hibs team, period! Yes we did well today (Second half anyway) but are people missing how well we could have done minus MR Nish? If we actually had a half decent striker playing up with Stokes, he offers nothing to Hibs IMO of course, no touch, poor in the air, spends more time on his ar*e, panics when has the ball, no pace need I go on.....but its nothing thats now been said before, going back the last couple of years.

All loyalties / blind faith aside, bottom line is, if we want to seriously be challenging as a club, football players like Colin Nish wont be the kind players that will get us there.

:grr:

RIP
15-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Slag him on here - OK?

Personal abuse to a player in Green and White at a match - not acceptable

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 08:09 PM
How anyone can defend this guy is beyond me, yes he's a hibby no ones questioning that, yes he probably gives everything when he plays, fair enough, but how many people on here would fall into the same catagory should we be given the oportunity????

There are people on her so quick to defend this guy like he is some kind of assett to Hibs, well if Hibs want to get to where everyone here wants them to be, guys like Colin Nish should be no where near a Hibs team, period! Yes we did well today (Second half anyway) but are people missing how well we could have done minus MR Nish? If we actually had a half decent striker playing up with Stokes, he offers nothing to Hibs IMO of course, no touch, poor in the air, spends more time on his ar*e, panics when has the ball, no pace need I go on.....but its nothing thats now been said before, going back the last couple of years.

All loyalties / blind faith aside, bottom line is, if we want to seriously be challenging as a club, football players like Colin Nish wont be the kind players that will get us there.

:top marksat last there is someone with some footballing sense and also some pride in where we should be

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Slag him on here - OK?

you pay my season ticket and i will be quiet at games but i do have a right to voice my opinion which incase you havent noticed loads of people are in the same frame of mind.. We have had enough

erin go bragh
15-08-2010, 08:18 PM

nail and head buddy:top markscouldnt get to the game [mother rushed into the hospital but on the mend] watched the last 60 mins on espn and nish was dreadfull . defo a good squad player but never in a million years is he a first pick.
but well done the hi bees on a fantastic 3 points:thumbsup:

500miles
15-08-2010, 08:21 PM
I wish he was the least effective player today but he gave away a penalty from nothing ergo he was effective for Motherwell. Given Hibernian Football Club are his employers, he was, very much so, the most detramental player for Hibs today. I felt that Hogg had a poor game and Hanlon was ripped to bits by their winger but neither were as culpable today as as Colin Nish.
Yes, culpable would normally only be used if we hadn't taken all three points but really, the last 10/15 minutes or whatever would have been much more enjoyable if Colin hadn't given away that needless penalty then made more of a fist of finishing his 1 on 1.

What about when he was nodding the ball away when Motherwell were winning corners? What about when he threw his leg out and blocked a Motherwell shot on target? What about when he was picking the ball up in a right back position, got away from his two men and managed to get the pass away?How about when he nodded the ball on for Stokes (?) to run through on goal? Just off the top of my heid likes....

Aye it was a stupid penalty to give away, and it wasn't the best game he'll play this season, but there were several occassions where he made a positive contribution. I want to see better from him, but I know we'll get it

Wotherspoon showed what our biggest fault was today - a lack of movement, invention and adventure. When he came on, he brought all that, because he is so confident on the ball. He gave other players options other than the ball out to Nish, and if Nish and Wotherspoon has the chance to get a few moves togethers, then Colin is just the man to provide a target for Wotherspoons crosses. However, Nish was taken off to allow Stephens to come on, who would provide the same protection at set pieces, but also be available to nod away Motherwells long balls into the box which were causing problems.

ArabHibee
15-08-2010, 08:21 PM
you pay my season ticket and i will be quiet at games but i do have a right to voice my opinion which incase you havent noticed loads of people are in the same frame of mind.. We have had enough

Are you in the same camp as some on here who thinks its alright to shout, scream and swear for 90 mins because "you've paid your money and it's your right"?

500miles
15-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Would be very interested to see offside stats for the whole SPL, wouldn't be surprised if he was the most caught in the league.

Nish related stats? Here you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Premier_League#Top_10_SPL_scorers

Apologies they're not the ones you are looking for, but they make interesting reading nevertheless.

SMAXXA
15-08-2010, 08:25 PM
:top marksat last there is someone with some footballing sense and also some pride in where we should be

Cheers mate, honest it totally bemuses me how people can defend him, I like him as a guy and to be fair wouldnt shout abuse at him at a game im totally in the "Support the team / players despite playing ***** etc corner" its just im actually going into games now when I see his name on the team sheet im raging because I know exactly what we are gona get from him. Yeah he chips in with a few goals, im not arguing that, however we have to look at the bigger picture and and if this is how we are gona achieve success with guys like this, I think people need to have a reality check. Would he get a game for Hearts, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Aberdeen etc (I know its all opinions) but I dont think he would, and certainly if he was to play against Hibs, would that put the fear into you....Nope thought as much! To be fair, I think Yogi has alot to answer for because we are currently not blessed with strikers so yes he has to be here but the gaffer has to see what the majority of us fans do and strenghten the squad, get rid of guys like Nish and start looking to taking us to the next level like he often speaks about.

I guess for me boils down to the old "Do what you always do, you will get what you have always got" kinda situation

:confused:

1two
15-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Am I right in saying we have 2 of the spl all time top goalscorers currently still playing in the spl? 1st riordan 2nd nish?

Fact don't lie guys! If he was playing for anyone else we would hate playing against him, and that's not just cos we have Hogg at centre half!

Edit: should have read the rest of the thread, I am indeed right! He's 2nd top scorer, I agree we should be playing stokes and riordan up front but there's no other striker, even only as back up, I'd rather have in my squad than nish

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Are you in the same camp as some on here who thinks its alright to shout, scream and swear for 90 mins because "you've paid your money and it's your right"?
never said i would do that

pentlando
15-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Does any of his critics on here stop for a minute and wonder why big colin has continually been first pick for the majority of the last 10 years in the spl for a variety of managers? All of whom have uefa coaching certificates? He simply doesn't fit into our team, which is exactly why we need him!! He keeps centre halfs occupied, leaving the likes of riordan and stokes, more naturally gifted players, to roam into the space created. Its this that creates most of our goals. I personally think he had an off day today. But theres voicing opinions on players performances and there's the sheer persecution big nishy has had to endure both on here and on the park for the last year. We're not coaches or managers here, we're supporters...so for a change lets f****n support our players!!

Riordans Boots
15-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Sorry, no the best link here - but Colin Nish did get Hibs in tae Europe :agree:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/05/07/i-m-too-embarrased-by-12-goal-thriller-to-claim-the-match-ball-says-hibs-hat-trick-hero-colin-nish-86908-22240733/

Purehibee_MYB
15-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Don't agree with abusing him at games, have to support the team all the way and if he has a good game or when he scores i'll praise him and cheer him BUT he is not good enough to play for Hibs, this is my opinion and I'm no Alex Ferguson:greengrin but i've watched him now for the last 2 years and his touch and movement just are not as good as they should be, aye we won today and i'm delighted, good start to the season but if we want to continue winning games and challenge for europe every year then we have to realise we need players of a better calibre than him, and I do think there are players out there available who could take his place and improve the squad.

Squad player at most.

Got it in one my man... exactly what I think

HibbyAndy
15-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Sorry, no the best link here - but Colin Nish did get Hibs in tae Europe :agree:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/05/07/i-m-too-embarrased-by-12-goal-thriller-to-claim-the-match-ball-says-hibs-hat-trick-hero-colin-nish-86908-22240733/

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 08:45 PM

No he didnt. Did we no have to win other games. If we lost that game were we no in europe

3pm
15-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Some of this is ridiculous.

SMAXXA
15-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Fact don't lie guys! If he was playing for anyone else we would hate playing against him, and that's not just cos we have Hogg at centre half!

Mate are you for real, I just about chocked on my Chinese :faf:, what specifically is it that he would have that would make us hate to want to play against him? Genuinley im interested in your view of this?

Riordans Boots
15-08-2010, 08:51 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Same wave length Andy :thumbsup:

No he didnt. Did we no have to win other games. If we lost that game were we no in europe

Aye he did actually :agree:

HibbyAndy
15-08-2010, 08:52 PM

Care to elaborate?

Im not top Hobo for nowt :wink:

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Care to elaborate?

Im not top Hobo for nowt :wink:

well you should ken then

ArabHibee
15-08-2010, 09:03 PM
never said i would do that

Aye but you were saying that you've paid for your season ticket so you'll shout and berate players if you feel like it? What about just getting behind the team for 90 mins instead of shouting abuse at them when things aren't going our way?

I've had a quick jot through your previous posts and you are obviously a 'Nish hater' so there is no point in having a debate with you. In fact, I have my doubts as to whether you actually have a season ticket. Well for ER anyway. :jamboclow

1two
15-08-2010, 09:07 PM

Mate are you for real, I just about chocked on my Chinese :faf:, what specifically is it that he would have that would make us hate to want to play against him? Genuinley im interested in your view of this?

His goal scoring record! Pretty much the most important thing to do in this sport, scoring goals is it not?

I said in my post, riordan stokes should be up front but for an spl squad player, anyone outside the of would love to have him. This is the spl. He is the second top spl scorer still playing in this league. Goals win games. Nish Is a valuable asset. Fact

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Aye but you were saying that you've paid for your season ticket so you'll shout and berate players if you feel like it? What about just getting behind the team for 90 mins instead of shouting abuse at them when things aren't going our way?

I've had a quick jot through your previous posts and you are obviously a 'Nish hater' so there is no point in having a debate with you. In fact, I have my doubts as to whether you actually have a season ticket. Well for ER anyway. :jamboclow

think wot you want and you wont debate Nish cos youve nothing to back your story. Cos it is a fairy tale if you think Nishy is a footballer. Am certainly no yam but big Nade is way better than Nish. Season ticket is not with me yet but 41 east is where i am

Riordans Boots
15-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Slag him on here - OK?

:applause::flag::notworthy:

Thanks G :agree::thumbsup:

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 09:14 PM
His goal scoring record! Pretty much the most important thing to do in this sport, scoring goals is it not?

I said in my post, riordan stokes should be up front but for an spl squad player, anyone outside the of would love to have him. This is the spl. He is the second top spl scorer still playing in this league. Goals win games. Nish Is a valuable asset. Fact

anyone outside the spl would have him maybe. so he has scored 61 in seven seasons. thats class lol.

how many is his average per game then

FranckSuzy
15-08-2010, 09:17 PM
think wot you want and you wont debate Nish cos youve nothing to back your story. Cos it is a fairy tale if you think Nishy is a footballer. Am certainly no yam but big Nade is way better than Nish. Season ticket is not with me yet but 41 east is where i am

WTF :confused: :bitchy: How many goals has Nade scored again?

SMAXXA
15-08-2010, 09:18 PM

Fact?? How is that fact, its a matter of opinion and if you have watched Nish and seen what he offers I find this comment amazing!

You also said in your previous post there is no other other striker, even as back up you would rather have in the squad than Nish, thats where I feel you have lost it a bit. Can I ask you a quastion, where should Hibs be heading and where do you want us to be, going forward???? Then ask yourself are players like Nish going to take us there???? Nope I dont think so!

He has that goal scoring record in the SPL as he is one of the longest serving strikers to be still playing in the SPL, facts can be manipulated in many a way and im sure if you broke it down to goals per game it may change your view on the messia!

Im not having a go at you mate and your entitled to your opinion like everyone else this is just my view and I would comfortably say the view of the majority of Hibs fans.

Pete70
15-08-2010, 09:18 PM

I've been reading this thread and was determined not to get involved but I think you may have just lost what credibility you may have had

ArabHibee
15-08-2010, 09:22 PM

Glad I'm not sitting near you then.

1two
15-08-2010, 09:23 PM
anyone outside the spl would have him maybe. so he has scored 61 in seven seasons. thats class lol.

how many is his average per game then

Roughly nine a season.

We have 3 first team strikers in our team!
Name a club outside the old firm with a stronger third striker than nish and I'll give you 50 quid

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I've been reading this thread and was determined not to get involved but I think you may have just lost what credibility you may have had

he is a better target man

RoYO!
15-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Nish IMO just lacks in too many departments

+ points- height... Erm I'm thinking... Nope, feel free to add

- ves- touch, featherweight, awareness, goal scoring, ball winning, fight.

IMO he takes the place of an attack minded/ able to beat a man, player. We have that in spoony, Galbraith and zemmama- when fit.

Will always support him on the park tho, hopefully proves me and many others wrong :agree:

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Roughly nine a season.

We have 3 first team strikers in our team!
Name a club outside the old firm with a stronger third striker than nish and I'll give you 50 quid

chelsea where is ma £50

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 09:26 PM

never said i want him i just said i thought he is better than Nish

FranckSuzy
15-08-2010, 09:26 PM

Aye, coz you canny miss him

1two
15-08-2010, 09:27 PM
chelsea where is ma £50

No one likes a smart arse!
my £50 is still sitting for anyone who can let me know

hibeemad
15-08-2010, 09:31 PM

Florent Malouda with 12

you never stated SPL

500miles
15-08-2010, 09:35 PM

Aye, because of all those goals he is involved in......

Gonnae no talk pish. Honestly, Nish, for a big laddie, is not the most natural target man you will come across in the SPL. Regardless, he can still put in a decent shift in this role if you give him the proper support. You only need to take a look at the goals we scored last season - I would say at least 70% of them involved Nish in some capacity, whether he was taking the ball down, moving it on, making the final pass, scoring, or winning the ball high up the pitch. He CAN hold the ball up, not to Mixu standards, but as well as any other SPL striker outwith the OF at least.

He's an SPL player. He gives us good options in the SPL games. If you want to say he is not cut out to take us to the next level, then that's fine - he probably isn't in the first XI of a group stages Europa team's level. However, we don't play there every week. And not having such ability doesn't make you a poor player, because there are others in this team who aren't of such a level, who are good SPL players - McBride being one of them IMO.

Colin Nish has played in the SPL for 7 years now, and been a first team regular for about 5, so he is definately an SPL standard player. And I tell you something else, most of the time we played against him at Killie he was a thorn in our side, whether he was partnering Naismith or Boyd, or bringing midfileders into play. He is one of the leagues top ever scorers, so he is obviously one of the better SPL players, otherwise he would never get his name on that board. I would be pleased if we could improve in any significant manner on him, but that's when you start talking about Riordan Stokes and Miller quality, and it will take some searching indeed to find more of thier ilk. For now, Colin Nish is here, and he's a more than decent player for a club of our size, recent history, and league.

1two
15-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Florent Malouda with 12

you never stated SPL

See my last reply to your previous similar post ya helmet

I assume your not answering my question and taking my £50 off me cos you can't actually name anyone?

SMAXXA
15-08-2010, 09:39 PM

Id go as far as saying id rather have Calum Elliott over Nish Hmmmmm maybee not :greengrin

Kinda still isnt the point, goes back the point I made earlier that the buck stops with the gaffer he should have brought in a better striker by now, and dont tell me theres no better striker out there that could replace Nish that Hibs could afford? Bet Courier would be a better 3rd choice striker!

ArabHibee
15-08-2010, 09:39 PM

Gonnae no talk pish. Honestly, Nish, for a big laddie, is not the most natural target man you will come across in the SPL. Regardless, he can still put in a decent shift in this role if you give him the proper support. You only need to take a look at the goals we scored last season - I would say at least 70% of them involved Nish in some capacity, whether he was taking the ball down, moving it on, making the final pass, scoring, or winning the ball high up the pitch. He CAN hold the ball up, not to Mixu standards, but as well as any other SPL striker outwith the OF at least.

He's an SPL player. He gives us good options in the SPL games. If you want to say he is not cut out to take us to the next level, then that's fine - he probably isn't in the first XI of a group stages Europa team's level. However, we don't play there every week. And not having such ability doesn't make you a poor player, because there are others in this team who aren't of such a level, who are good SPL players - McBride being one of them IMO.

Colin Nish has played in the SPL for 7 years now, and been a first team regular for about 5, so he is definately an SPL standard player. And I tell you something else, most of the time we played against him at Killie he was a thorn in our side, whether he was partnering Naismith or Boyd, or bringing midfileders into play. He is one of the leagues top ever scorers, so he is obviously one of the better SPL players, otherwise he would never get his name on that board. I would be pleased if we could improve in any significant manner on him, but that's when you start talking about Riordan Stokes and Miller quality, and it will take some searching indeed to find more of thier ilk. For now, Colin Nish is here, and he's a more than decent player for a club of our size, recent history, and league.

But you're wasting your time with this one I'm afraid. Everyone has a player they love to hate and Nish is obviously Hibeesmad's.

Houchy
15-08-2010, 09:49 PM

Are you seiously suggesting that anyone on here that doesn't rate Nish is an undercover Yam???:confused: If Aberdeen still want him, i'll happily give him a piggy back all the way.

I said on another thread that I'm not doubting that he tries 100% for us but so would anyone sitting in the stands at ER. That does not make us Lionel Messi, Cesc Fabregas, Ronaldo or Wayne flipping Rooney!!!

Kevvy1875
15-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Sick of these threads:grr:

Here is where I am on the subject.....

I remember Nish playing for Killie and coming to ER and playing against us and I wasn't impressed, never rated him. Wasnt keen when I heard we were signing him either.

However...he now plays with a Hibs shirt on his back and the abuse he has got on this forum and from the stands is out of order. For all his shortcoming one thing I will give you about Nish is that he never hides and is always working hard. He is no Mark Hatley or Joe Jordan but he is honest and giving his all for the club he supports....cut the guy some slack ffs.

Some of the stuff i have read on here in the last while makes me sick.....

'clown'....thats Nish.
'our manager' that was Mixu
so on and so forth....at no time have we been bad enough to warrant that kind of abuse IMO. Think back to the blobby days or the Duffy days.

I am no Nish/Rankin/Hogg lover before some smartarse blows his trumpet, just a hibby that believe's all this scapegoating is worthless and detrimental to the club.

Riordans Boots
15-08-2010, 10:03 PM

:agree: ... And 100% Hibby :thumbsup::agree:

The slack and absolute crap that guy gets on the pitch, here and god knows where else is dumbfounding - does anyone mind that his goals got Hibs tae Europe :rolleyes:

Defo no the best player on the park but FFS - but some folk are SO forgetful :agree:

talking_wiss
15-08-2010, 10:11 PM

dundee united - daly, goodwillie, sandaza, cadematteri. Also Casalinuovo but I'll give you he's on a par with Nish.

will collect before the next home game, cheers

jane_says
15-08-2010, 10:24 PM

But you're wasting your time with this one I'm afraid. Everyone has a player they love to hate and Nish is obviously Hibeesmad's.

i remember at er v aberdeen last year the boy behind me was giving nish pelters every time he touched the ball - good or bad touches. nish was holding the ball up well and he was yelling at him to f*****g do something with it, ever since fletcher left, or "flappy" as this fine chap liked to call him he's had a hate campaign against nish.

nish promptly won the match with a lovely downward header and i asked this boy if this would shut him up for the rest of the game?

his reply - f*****g lucky header :grr:

can accept nish taking stick because he can be so frustrating some time but he's a handy player to have, agree with another poster about when he was at killie, he was always a pest, i'm sure other teams feel that aswell

DH1875
15-08-2010, 10:41 PM
While I don't agree with a lot of the crap Nish gets hit with I got to say he was rubbish today. I'm no even talking about the pen. He had a great chance to put the game to bed but ballsed it up completly.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 10:49 PM

Nah, watch our first goal against Killie in the cup final, that shows you all you need to know about Nish.

Riordans Boots
15-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Nah, watch our first goal against Killie in the cup final, that shows you all you need to know about Nish.

Behave!! :agree:

ScottB
15-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Honestly the crap spouted about Nish on here p!sses me right off!

'Not Hibs class' or 'Not good enough for Hibs' who the **** are we likes? What should you be expecting? Are folk leaving in some dream world where they expect us to have four Riordans or four Stokes' playing up front for us?? Get real.

Nish is our third choice striker, he has, by any measure, a damn fine scoring record in the SPL. I'm not saying he's the world's best, or even our best by any means. But he pops up with 10 goals and a good few assists a season, which for us is invaluable. Nish would get a game at most of the other clubs in this division and the Yams wish they had a striker with a scoring record like Nish.

His goals got us 4th last season, sure he cost us a penalty today. I recall the now forgiven St Bamba giving away more than a few on his miserable run of form back in January this year, but then he's not one of the preordained ones to blame is he. Guess what, players make mistakes, all of them.

But then there's a good few folk on here who'd never post anything if they weren't able to moan about Nish / Rankin / Hogg. Complaining about performances is one thing, but it gets ridiculous. I'm surprised we didn't have a thread blaming Rankin for something today such is the level of vitriol, perhaps for not sitting on the bench in the correct fashion...

Skanko79
15-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I think he's gash tae. Bounds about the park like a baby giraffe. A big laddie so he is and gets pushed of the ball and bullied all over the park. If he grew a set of balls and started throwing his weight about more and unsettling defenders he would then probably be effective. Dont understand why Yogi is persisting on playing 3 strikers (our only 3 strikers at the club) every week. touch wood it doesnt happen but an injury to one or even 2 of them would be devastating to us. Lets hope these guys Yogi is looking at this week are half decent.

matty_f
15-08-2010, 11:13 PM
I think everyone can see Nish's limitations as a footballer, but he gets too much stick both on here, and at the games.

Nish doesn't pick himself, he can only go and give it his best when he's picked and I think he does that, for that reason I won't shout at him at games.

Same goes for a few other players at Hibs just now.

500miles
15-08-2010, 11:19 PM

If you remember this game -I do- then this is another means of defining him....http://www.killiefc.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24903&page=1

hibernator
16-08-2010, 01:17 AM

'Not Hibs class' or 'Not good enough for Hibs' who the **** are we likes? What should you be expecting? Are folk leaving in some dream world where they expect us to have four Riordans or four Stokes' playing up front for us?? Get real.

Nish is our third choice striker, he has, by any measure, a damn fine scoring record in the SPL. I'm not saying he's the world's best, or even our best by any means. But he pops up with 10 goals and a good few assists a season, which for us is invaluable. Nish would get a game at most of the other clubs in this division and the Yams wish they had a striker with a scoring record like Nish.

His goals got us 4th last season, sure he cost us a penalty today. I recall the now forgiven St Bamba giving away more than a few on his miserable run of form back in January this year, but then he's not one of the preordained ones to blame is he. Guess what, players make mistakes, all of them.

But then there's a good few folk on here who'd never post anything if they weren't able to moan about Nish / Rankin / Hogg. Complaining about performances is one thing, but it gets ridiculous. I'm surprised we didn't have a thread blaming Rankin for something today such is the level of vitriol, perhaps for not sitting on the bench in the correct fashion...

Now you are giving the deep thinkers an idea:wink:

aussie_hibee
16-08-2010, 02:00 AM
I notice a lot of people defending Nish keep saying about him being our third choice striker. I'm sure the Nish bashers (me included) would not be anywhere as angry if he was actually our 3rd choice striker who was starting on the bench and was an option to bring on. BUT the fact is, he is starting and it has an indirect effect on the team as it means we either have 3 up front OR Riordan gets moved wide left. The movement yesterday when Nish went off was fantastic and the link up play and understanding between deeks, miller and stokes was brilliant. I always support the boys that pull on the shirt but Nish was embarrassing yesterday. I actually cannot remember him doing 1 good thing. 2 perfect opportunities to roll a 5 yard pass in to Riordan's feet and set up a chance a he ****ed it up completely. No wonder Riordan goes off his nut. The penalty was weak but still silly however most strikers do things like that when defending. The 1 on 1 just summed him up. He can score goals (not prolific enough to justify starting) and for that he should be in the squad but for someone who starts, he is too weak as a target. He doesn't dominate in the air, he is extremely slow, his passing is average and his touch is woeful. There is no excuse for a pro footballer to have as bad a touch or passing as he does.

Hibs On Tour
16-08-2010, 02:43 AM

That says it all about your arguement! :faf:

Care to elaborate exactly HOW Nade is "way better than Nish"?

Hibs On Tour
16-08-2010, 02:44 AM

What he said! :agree:

Hibs On Tour
16-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Are you seiously suggesting that anyone on here that doesn't rate Nish is an undercover Yam???:confused: If Aberdeen still want him, i'll happily give him a piggy back all the way.

I said on another thread that I'm not doubting that he tries 100% for us but so would anyone sitting in the stands at ER. That does not make us Lionel Messi, Cesc Fabregas, Ronaldo or Wayne flipping Rooney!!!

Point being that he also scores a reasonable amount of goals each season and a reasonable amount of assists too. Would all these other 'triers from the stands' manage that? Of course not, so that's a major fail in your 'comparison'.

WTF have Messi et al got to do with it? Its not like anyone who is backing Nish as a valuable squad player are saying he's a world beater is it? FFS sometimes I think people forget what level we are currently at. Yes we want to improve but for the level we are at now Nish does a job for us - realistically we will be at or around this level for a good while yet [I'd say the 'next level' would be challenging for domestic cups each season, 3rd/4th place each season and getting past initial qualifying rounds when we get to Europe - as I say, a wee bit off] so its got to be a gradual progression.

I'm sure that when we find a player like Nish but with better skill, more pace, just as much committment, etc that we can afford, that he'll move ahead of him in the pecking order through natural selection.

Until that time give the guy your support instead of trying your best to find reasons to back up your dislike of him.

Captain Trips
16-08-2010, 07:39 AM
The thing for Nish is when he plays well he will actually put the ball in net and goes on bursts of having a good little spell and looking ok, it then goes the other way when he isnt playing well he looks really poor and those times seem to happen more than most.

He really is a player who plays at both ends of the spectrum at times, the problem we have or I will admit I do and I hope others come on board and admit, if a player has 1 good game and 1 bad game a lot if people will discuss the bad one.

Steve-O
16-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Far too inconsistent and obviously not too bothered about fitness if he's still into chain smoking.

Get another striker in pronto.

flash
16-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Its maybe just me but i think abusing a player online is worse than in the heat of a match. seems a lot of the worst stuff comes from people who spend matchday working themselves into a froth of righteous fury without even leaving their house.

a small genitalia syndrome situation if ever there was one.

johnrebus
16-08-2010, 08:11 AM
In over ten years posting on hibs.net I don't think I've ever been so embarrased for my fellow Hibs supporters with this ridiculous witch hunt of Colin Nish.

The guy is a pretty decent SPL striker who plays the odd bad game. Big deal. But no, Nishy is blamed for the wet summer, volcanic ash clouds and world ****ing poverty!

We even have some half wits on here who compare him to the likes of Amadou Konte and Hurtado as the worst player in the history of Hibernian FC!

And when you think that the big man is actually one of us............., I just dispair. :boo hoo:

I pray that Colin Nish goes on to score a barrowload this season and sticks it right up the lot o 'ye.

degenerated
16-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Am certainly no yam but big Nade is way better than Nish.

what little credibility you had after yesterdays nonsense about being glad you werent there has just gone with that one sentence. you have just outed yourself, maybe not as a yam but as a complete roaster :greengrin

HibbyAndy
16-08-2010, 08:41 AM
. Am certainly no yam but big Nade is way better than Nish.

Fair enough you have tried to stick up for yourself on here, But that qoute above is truly laughable, Thats Yam thinking :agree:.

You came out with a stat earlier on about Nish only scoring like 61 goals in 7 seasons. Would you care to do some research and and see how many goals Nade has scored in his ENTIRE career then come back and tell me how Nade is better than Nish?

Im not Nish's greatest fan but i would NEVER ever resort to calling one of US a huddie ,Pish etc..The way you do.

I dont think Colin delibratley sets out to give away penaltys and play crap,But supporters like you that name call certain individuals need to give them self a big **** off shake.

truehibernian
16-08-2010, 08:42 AM
I thought Nish was really poor, but have to say that I think young Paul Hanlon had one of his worst games in a Hibs shirt. Very defintely a centre half and a good one in the making at that, but he was slow, cumbersome, lacked pace and his tackling was weak. Nish for me would be the ideal player to come off the bench if 4-4-2 wasn't working and we were not getting in behind teams (i.e a different approach). But how much better did Hibs look with some pace and width (3-5-2, 4-4-2). Riordan looked superb, Stokes was hungry, Miller was bursting forward, and young DW and Hart were combining down the right to good effect. Much better balance and the team actually looked like they knew how to play that system. When we play 4-3-3 with Stokes/Nish/Derek we look lost, lose the midfield, and I am certain the players do not quite understand their roles. Second half going forward yesterday we were lovely to watch at times. However, rather than bash folk today, 3 points away on the first game of the season is absolutely superb no matter who played poorly. Sets us up for a good start to the season so well done Hibs and the fans who went in numbers :thumbsup:

HFC 0-7
16-08-2010, 10:28 AM
I thought Nish was really poor, but have to say that I think young Paul Hanlon had one of his worst games in a Hibs shirt. Very defintely a centre half and a good one in the making at that, but he was slow, cumbersome, lacked pace and his tackling was weak. Nish for me would be the ideal player to come off the bench if 4-4-2 wasn't working and we were not getting in behind teams (i.e a different approach). But how much better did Hibs look with some pace and width (3-5-2, 4-4-2). Riordan looked superb, Stokes was hungry, Miller was bursting forward, and young DW and Hart were combining down the right to good effect. Much better balance and the team actually looked like they knew how to play that system. When we play 4-3-3 with Stokes/Nish/Derek we look lost, lose the midfield, and I am certain the players do not quite understand their roles. Second half going forward yesterday we were lovely to watch at times. However, rather than bash folk today, 3 points away on the first game of the season is absolutely superb no matter who played poorly. Sets us up for a good start to the season so well done Hibs and the fans who went in numbers :thumbsup:

Agree with some of the points. Dont think Hanlon had as bad a game as you think, I think its just another case of a player at hibs being played out of position. I think LB will be a problem position all season. Murray has lost a lot of pace and Hanlon is not the answer. Humphreys is a pacey guy which made Hanlon look bad, LB or RB is a difficult position to play if you are not used to that position and you are up against a fast winger.

Nish IMO is no where near good enough. There was a few times yesterday that he was the weak link in a forward move. He isnt great in the air, not good at holding the ball up and has no balance whatsoever. He seems to lean against the player when running backwards and when that player moves he falls over. Changing direction seems to be a problem as well. John Sutton IMO would be a great replacement for Nish, powerful, good strike rate and decent in the air.

Riordan looked good yesterday but for me I think he will struggle in that position against other teams as he seemed to be allowed time on the ball yesterday. Other teams will stick a man on him at all times when he plays left midfield and he will struggle to get onto the ball. Stokes looks very very good, looks sharp and IMO looks to have an extra yard on him than last season. Bamba looks pretty solid and if he goes I think hibs will miss him big time. The only thing he needs to change is to stop going for every ball, sometimes you cant win every one. Best to stay in position and get the next one. In saying that about Bamba, he doest seem to have the positioning at set pieces nailed down yet, however, I think this is a problem with the defence as a unit as Hogg seems to be all over the place as well. Hogg is a funny one for me. I think he can read the game pretty well he just doesnt have the pace or the ability to pull it off at times. Personally I would take the arm band off him and let him concentrate on defending rather than being the captain. I usually think the captain should be the most experienced, most comfortable player on the pitch. Some players cant concentrate on playing and other peoples positions etc at the same time.

Houchy
16-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Point being that he also scores a reasonable amount of goals each season and a reasonable amount of assists too. Would all these other 'triers from the stands' manage that? Of course not, so that's a major fail in your 'comparison'.

WTF have Messi et al got to do with it? Its not like anyone who is backing Nish as a valuable squad player are saying he's a world beater is it? FFS sometimes I think people forget what level we are currently at. Yes we want to improve but for the level we are at now Nish does a job for us - realistically we will be at or around this level for a good while yet [I'd say the 'next level' would be challenging for domestic cups each season, 3rd/4th place each season and getting past initial qualifying rounds when we get to Europe - as I say, a wee bit off] so its got to be a gradual progression.

I'm sure that when we find a player like Nish but with better skill, more pace, just as much committment, etc that we can afford, that he'll move ahead of him in the pecking order through natural selection.

Until that time give the guy your support instead of trying your best to find reasons to back up your dislike of him.

My point was directed at that people were defending him by saying, "lay off him, he's an good honest worker that tries 100%". My point is that, IMHO, that's no defense for him and that I appreciate that he does try but anyone of us can try but we aren't good enough so we pay to watch rather than go along in our new strip hoping we're short on numbers and might get a run out.

Again, i'm not saying he tries to be sh** but he is a player of limited ability who, I don't feel is up to Hibs standards.

allmodcons
16-08-2010, 11:09 AM

Funny how you still found the time to refer to him as a 'clown' and a 'numpty'.

hibhib7
16-08-2010, 11:12 AM

But then there's a good few folk on here who'd never post anything if they weren't able to moan about Nish / Rankin / Hogg. Complaining about performances is one thing, but it gets ridiculous. I'm surprised we didn't have a thread blaming Rankin for something today such is the level of vitriol, perhaps for not sitting on the bench in the correct fashion...Nish doesn't deserve all the vitriol he gets but, having said that, the team doesn't have a proper balance with him Stokes and Riordan all playing. He's a handy player to have on the bench or to start if any of the other two are out for any reason. Now Hogg . . . . he turns as fast as a bus trying to turn into Princes Street, from the Bridges, at peak hour. He really isn't good enough for the SPL and we should be pulling out all the stops to find a replacement. Whole hearted certainly, gives 100%, but nae class I'm afraid.

SMAXXA
16-08-2010, 11:17 AM
In over ten years posting on hibs.net I don't think I've ever been so embarrased for my fellow Hibs supporters with this ridiculous witch hunt of Colin Nish.

The guy is a pretty decent SPL striker who plays the odd bad game. Big deal. But no, Nishy is blamed for the wet summer, volcanic ash clouds and world ****ing poverty!

We even have some half wits on here who compare him to the likes of Amadou Konte and Hurtado as the worst player in the history of Hibernian FC!

And when you think that the big man is actually one of us............., I just dispair. :boo hoo:

I pray that Colin Nish goes on to score a barrowload this season and sticks it right up the lot o 'ye.

Mate I genuinley dont think its a witch hunt with big Nishy, I just think it's plain to see he is not good enough. Im not gona go into, hes not got this, that and the next thing, touch, on his eerse :blah: as its been said many a times before, but surley so many Hibs fans that go watch Hibs every week cannot be wrong in their view of him??

You made a comment that he is also one of us, for me thats irrelevant, yes he loves Hibs, is a fan etc and doesnt go out to deliberatley play bad but there are thousands of Hibs fans that would be in the same situation given the oportunity. I wonder how much of a factor it is him being a Hiby, if he wasnt would people still be so supportive of him? I have my doubts.

Like you said I would love him to prove everyone wrong and do great for Hibs but from what ive seen the last few years, theres nothing to make me change my view on him.

As far as I am concerned lets hope Yogi brings in another striker or 2 to add some quality to what is a decent looking team, just a bit lightweight in terms of numbers up front which is why I guess he is still here.

borstalboy
16-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Mate I genuinley dont think its a witch hunt with big Nishy, I just think it's plain to see he is not good enough. Im not gona go into, hes not got this, that and the next thing, touch, on his eerse :blah: as its been said many a times before, but surley so many Hibs fans that go watch Hibs every week cannot be wrong in their view of him??

You made a comment that he is also one of us, for me thats irrelevant, yes he loves Hibs, is a fan etc and doesnt go out to deliberatley play bad but there are thousands of Hibs fans that would be in the same situation given the oportunity. I wonder how much of a factor it is him being a Hiby, if he wasnt would people still be so supportive of him? I have my doubts.

Like you said I would love him to prove everyone wrong and do great for Hibs but from what ive seen the last few years, theres nothing to make me change my view on him.

As far as I am concerned lets hope Yogi brings in another striker or 2 to add some quality to what is a decent looking team, just a bit lightweight in terms of numbers up front which is why I guess he is still here.

:top marks and I would add that at the start of every season (and half way through) there are always people on here that claim Colin Nish will score a load of goals..........it hapens every year and guess what....he doesn't score a load of goals! plain and simple.

I appreciate he scored 12 last year however 5 of them were in the last 2 games.....take them away and he was only on 7 for the whole season. A bit of consistency wouldnt go a miss. Just my opinion.

ScottB
16-08-2010, 12:13 PM
:top marks and I would add that at the start of every season (and half way through) there are always people on here that claim Colin Nish will score a load of goals..........it hapens every year and guess what....he doesn't score a load of goals! plain and simple.

I appreciate he scored 12 last year however 5 of them were in the last 2 games.....take them away and he was only on 7 for the whole season. A bit of consistency wouldnt go a miss. Just my opinion.

How many other strikers have we had in recent years that could score 12 in a season? Or even 7!

Once you take away Riordan and Stokes of course.

As I said a few pages ago, at our level and our budget we are never going to have a whole team of players at the Riordan / Stokes / Miller level, theres always going to be several Nish type players; guys who, on their day can be great, try 100% of the time but have off days. It's the simple reality of our situation. Hell I remember a lot of folk advocating Kyle over Nish before he signed for Hearts, which shows how stupid this stuff can get. It's this whole 'not Hibs class' crap that pisses me off, as if we are some elite super club! Compared to our strikers of recent times he certainly isn't among the worse.

I don't think he should be considered a starting player, but there are far worse players we could have on the bench.

Stevie Reid
16-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I appreciate he scored 12 last year however 5 of them were in the last 2 games.....take them away and he was only on 7 for the whole season.

What a ridiculous way to criticise someone. Whilst it's perfectly true that he would have 7 if he had scored 5 less goals, he didn't and he scored 12. He scores 5 goals in 2 games you're happy to dismiss them to show that his scoring record would be a lot worse without them. Brilliant stuff.

What difference does it make when he scores them?

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Its maybe just me but i think abusing a player online is worse than in the heat of a match. seems a lot of the worst stuff comes from people who spend matchday working themselves into a froth of righteous fury without even leaving their house.

a small genitalia syndrome situation if ever there was one.

:agree::top marks

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2010, 07:35 PM
What a ridiculous way to criticise someone. Whilst it's perfectly true that he would have 7 if he had scored 5 less goals, he didn't and he scored 12. He scores 5 goals in 2 games you're happy to dismiss them to show that his scoring record would be a lot worse without them. Brilliant stuff.

10 goals last season according to the official site. Half of them scored in the last 2 games - I kind of get what the guy's saying about when he scored them. He's trying to say he scored 5 in 36/38ths of the season before making it look a respectable tally.

Respectable is all it is for a striker at a top 4 SPL club IMO - especially when a midfielder is outscoring you.

How many other strikers have we had in recent years that could score 12 in a season? Or even 7!

Once you take away Riordan and Stokes of course.

O'Connor, Fletcher, Benji. I think Donaldson got more than 7 as well.

Stevie Reid
17-08-2010, 11:12 AM
10 goals last season according to the official site. Half of them scored in the last 2 games - I kind of get what the guy's saying about when he scored them. He's trying to say he scored 5 in 36/38ths of the season

Official site says 11 in 25 starts, 23 in 66 overall at Hibs - more than respectable I would say. And if you believe that "if he had scored 5 goals less, he would've had 5 less goals" is a valid argument when analysing a player and his scoring record, then fair enough.

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Official site says 11 in 25 starts, 23 in 66 overall at Hibs - more than respectable I would say. And if you believe that "if he had scored 5 goals less, he would've had 5 less goals" is a valid argument when analysing a player and his scoring record, then fair enough.

it is a valid argument, if those goals had been spread out he could have won us many more points than he did.

Stevie Reid
17-08-2010, 11:24 AM
it is a valid argument, if those goals had been spread out he could have won us many more points than he did.

But if he scored none in the last 2 games we wouldn't have qualified for Europe :bye:

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 11:25 AM
But if he scored none in the last 2 games we wouldn't have qualified for Europe :bye:

we would if we had won more games during the season, especially during our last 16 games:bye:

Stevie Reid
17-08-2010, 11:26 AM
we would if we had won more games during the season, especially during our last 16 games:bye:

Conjecture vs fact seems to be a valid argument when it comes to Nish. Pathetic.

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Conjecture vs fact seems to be a valid argument when it comes to Nish. Pathetic.

so your saying that if he had been more consistent and scored more goals throughout the whole season this wouldn't have helped us more?

:bye:

hibsbollah
17-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Amadou Konte has 17 career goals, Christian Nade has 19. Surely we would all agree that Konte is better than nade, and this is therefore proof that the 'he's scored more goals, therefore is a better player' argument is false?

I rest my case:agree:

Stevie Reid
17-08-2010, 11:35 AM
so your saying that if he had been more consistent and scored more goals throughout the whole season this wouldn't have helped us more?

:bye:

No, not at all.

What I am saying are the facts, that he scored 11 goals in 25 starts last season, and the last 5 he scored won us the 4 points that got us into Europe.

You said "if those goals had been spread out he could have won us many more points than he did." Your argument is shear conjecture, designed to back up a crap argument.

Maybe he could've. But if he scored them all in games we were already winnning, his goals would've meant nothing and we would've won less points.

HFC 0-7
17-08-2010, 11:37 AM

I think what he is referring to is consistency. What if Nade scored 10 goals in one game and only 2 across the rest of the season you wouldnt say nade is any good. You would say over the season he was mince but had one good/lucky game.

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Amadou Konte has 17 career goals, Christian Nade has 19. Surely we would all agree that Konte is better than nade, and this is therefore proof that the 'he's scored more goals, therefore is a better player' argument is false?

I rest my case:agree:

That depends, if you are a striker like fletch who does so much more than just score goals then yes other things come into the equation, however if you are a striker like stokes or boyd then no, goals are all that counts.

Trouble is I'm not sure that nish fits either category as he doesn't score that many goals and I don't see him doing a lot of other work other than falling down and getting caught offside.Perhaps it's just unseen work:confused:

Disc O'Dave
17-08-2010, 11:39 AM

I'm just really happy for Graeme Smith - it appears that the 6 he let in against Motherwell aren't all that bad, seeing as he got them all out of the way in one game :wink:

GloryGlory
17-08-2010, 11:39 AM
That depends, if you are a striker like fletch who does so much more than just score goals then yes other things come into the equation, however if you are a striker like stokes or boyd then no, goals are all that counts.

Trouble is I'm not sure that nish fits either category as he doesn't score that many goals and I don't see him doing a lot of other work other than falling down and getting caught offside.Perhaps it's just unseen work:confused:

You forgot giving away silly fouls.

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 11:40 AM
No, not at all.

What I am saying are the facts, that he scored 11 goals in 25 starts last season, and the last 5 he scored won us the 4 points that got us into Europe.

You said "if those goals had been spread out he could have won us many more points than he did." Your argument is shear conjecture, designed to back up a crap argument.

Maybe he could've. But if he scored them all in games we were already winnning, his goals would've meant nothing and we would've won less points.

Your almost right, however nish's goals didn't get us into europe, everyones goals got us into europe, and if everyone else hadn't been winning us games throughout the season nish's efforts at the end would have been irrelevant. So what would you prefer someone who performs all season long or in the last couple of games?

Stevie Reid
17-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I think what he is referring to is consistency. What if Nade scored 10 goals in one game and only 2 across the rest of the season you wouldnt say nade is any good. You would say over the season he was mince but had one good/lucky game.

Nice to know that you know what I would say, cheers for that :bitchy:

A players scoring record is home many goals he has scored in however many games. Simple as that.

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm just really happy for Graeme Smith - it appears that the 6 he let in against Motherwell aren't all that bad, seeing as he got them all out of the way in one game :wink:

TBh in the case of a keeper, it is better to lose all the goals in one game, ridiculous as that is:greengrin

hibsbollah
17-08-2010, 11:42 AM

Its a good point. Konte was far more than a mere goalscorer, therefore he deserves to be rated above Nade:agree: Konte didnt fall down as often as Nish, but it was just funnier and more acrobatic when he did.

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I do not think Nish is that great a player, there are too many bad games than good ones, simple as that for me.

Stevie Reid
17-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Your almost right, however nish's goals didn't get us into europe, everyones goals got us into europe, and if everyone else hadn't been winning us games throughout the season nish's efforts at the end would have been irrelevant. So what would you prefer someone who performs all season long or in the last couple of games?

****'s sake.

We know what Nish's 5 goals in the final 2 games helped us achieve - we have no idea what would've happened had they been spread out over the season.

We also know that he scored 11 in 25 starts overall last season, not the 6 in 23 that he would've had if he missed the final 2 games.

Would I prefer a better player than Nish up front? Of course, he frustrates me in many ways. But if you took the most prolific period out of any strikers' season their stats would be a lot worse - I fail to see what it achieves in this, or any, argument.

Baldy Foghorn
17-08-2010, 12:07 PM
****'s sake.

We know what Nish's 5 goals in the final 2 games helped us achieve - we have no idea what would've happened had they been spread out over the season.

We also know that he scored 11 in 25 starts overall last season, not the 6 in 23 that he would've had if he missed the final 2 games.

Would I prefer a better player than Nish up front? Of course, he frustrates me in many ways. But if you took the most prolific period out of any strikers' season their stats would be a lot worse - I fail to see what it achieves in this, or any, argument.

Stevie, just quit you are wasting your time and energy.......

Unfortunately no matter what Nish does it won't be good enough, for the coaches on here, he could score 6 to win the Europa League Final, and some would say he was lucky to get six, or should have had 10..... It is the nature of the beast.....

He might not be good enough in some peoples eyes, but he is a squad/team player when selected, and the vitriolic abuse he receives is nothing short of pathetic, but I bet my bottom dollar, not one of these people would say it face to face with Colin................

Keep trying Colin, I for 1 appreciate your efforts:notworthy:

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 12:10 PM

Unfortunately no matter what Nish does it won't be good enough, for the coaches on here, he could score 6 to win the Europa League Final, and some would say he was lucky to get six, or should have had 10..... It is the nature of the beast.....

He might not be good enough in some peoples eyes, but he is a squad/team player when selected, and the vitriolic abuse he receives is nothing short of pathetic, but I bet my bottom dollar, not one of these people would say it face to face with Colin................

Why can we not discuss if the player is good enough or not without being classed as giving him vitriolic abuse?

I've never berated him during the game, gave the occasional FFS when he has been caught offside for the umpteenth time, but never berated him all game long. So tell me why can't I discuss his merits or lack of?

Baldy Foghorn
17-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Why can we not discuss if the player is good enough or not without being classed as giving him vitriolic abuse?

I've never berated him during the game, gave the occasional FFS when he has been caught offside for the umpteenth time, but never berated him all game long. So tell me why can't I discuss his merits or lack of?

People are more than capable than commenting on his merit's, but if you read the various threads, he has been labelled "clown", "numpty", "Pish", "huddy" etc etc etc....

He is a HIBS player and does not deserve the nonsense aimed at him on here.

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2010, 12:14 PM
People are more than capable than commenting on his merit's, but if you read the various threads, he has been labelled "clown", "numpty", "Pish", "huddy" etc etc etc....

He is a HIBS player and does not deserve the nonsense aimed at him on here.

yes but as soon as we start discussing someone like yourself comes along and in one sweeping generalisation classes us all as doing it, rather than just joining the debate.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2010, 12:15 PM

The page I looked at said 10 goals, it didn't list how many starts that was from though. Presumably if you're discounting substitute appearances you're discounting the goals scored when he came off the bench and scored?

A players scoring record is home many goals he has scored in however many games. Simple as that.

From a stats point of view it is. However would you rather have a guy that scores crucial goals to win you a game 2-1 or 1-0 or even get a 1-1 draw or a guy who scores the 5th in a 6-0 win (similar to what Kris Boyd used to do).

When Colin scores 6 in the Europa League Final I'll take my hat off to the guy.

I don't understand why folk don't want Hibs to improve for the sake of not offending someone. :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
17-08-2010, 12:17 PM
The page I looked at said 10 goals, it didn't list how many starts that was from though. Presumably if you're discounting substitute appearances you're discounting the goals scored when he came off the bench and scored?

From a stats point of view it is. However would you rather have a guy that scores crucial goals to win you a game 2-1 or 1-0 or even get a 1-1 draw or a guy who scores the 5th in a 6-0 win (similar to what Kris Boyd used to do).

I don't understand why folk don't want Hibs to improve for the sake of not offending someone. :confused:

Of course I want Hibs to improve, but let's be realistic at present....... When we have money to sign better players we will.........

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Of course I want Hibs to improve, but let's be realistic at present....... When we have money to sign better players we will.........

Perhaps some people think its realistic that we can sign a better player than Nish, who decides whom is being unrealistic or realistic?

matty_f
17-08-2010, 12:19 PM

But we could improve by playing a formation that allowed us to not play our less effective players.

BryanV
17-08-2010, 12:23 PM

Yes, because those are the two options. Christ, get some perspective. Nish's five goals got us into Europe, without them it would have been a loss and a draw. As far as I am aware no one is arguing that Nish is a great player but he is far from deserving the abuse he receives on this board.

Yes, because those are the two options. Christ, get some perspective. Nish's five goals got us into Europe, without them it would have been a loss and a draw. As far as I am aware no one is arguing that Nish is a great player but he is far from deserving the abuse he receives on this board.

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 12:29 PM

Yes they did along with every other goal scored last year, I am not having a go at the player but he did not get us into Europe all the points we totalled did of which he contributed it is almost coming across as if it was him alone. It is the same as saying a team gets relagated on the last day because they lose the last game, yes it is but it is also down to every other match.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2010, 12:29 PM

I've got perspective on this - Nish scored a few goals in the last couple of games that secured Europe but by having perspective on it I know that it wasn't only his goals that got us into Europe.

If we want to improve to 3rd I can't see why some folk are happy to persist with him.

BryanV
17-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Yes they did along with every other goal scored last year, I am not having a go at the player but he did not get us into Europe all the points we totalled did of which he contributed it is almost coming across as if it was him alone. It is the same as saying a team gets relagated on the last day because they lose the last game, yes it is but it is also down to every other match.

I am not saying that Nish's goals were the sole reason we got into Europe, just stating that they were not meaningless fill your boots goals. The point is he scored goals for Hibs when it mattered, the last two games of the season against our main rivals that season. He contributed.

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 12:43 PM
I am not saying that Nish's goals were the sole reason we got into Europe, just stating that they were not meaningless fill your boots goals. The point is he scored goals for Hibs when it mattered, the last two games of the season against our main rivals that season. He contributed.

I am not questioning that he contributed, this is a very difficult argument to state without it appearing you are disreguarding any of his goals. My concern is the games before the last 2 of season, for me he just does not do enough over the term, when he does play well you get some goals however when he doesnt its not so good.

He scored almost half his goals in 2 games which on 1 hand is great but is also a concern, Nish did well in those matches but that for me does not alter the matches that went before.

SMAXXA
17-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I've got perspective on this - Nish scored a few goals in the last couple of games that secured Europe but by having perspective on it I know that it wasn't only his goals that got us into Europe.

If we want to improve to 3rd I can't see why some folk are happy to persist with him. :top marks

I have to agree. I think some people are guilty of missing the bigger picture here, how many times has he been hopeless in games, thus resulting on us not acruing more points throught the season? Prime example sunday when he was through 1:1, that was actually embarresing and could have cost us the points!! (Not only him I agree no player is gona play well week in week out) however he time and time again proves he is not good enough, through his general play not even so much on his goals return, regardless of when and where he scored them.

We need a better calibre of player to take us to the next level, simple as! Duno where from, duno for how much but im pretty sure we could replace him with someone no more expensive or even cheaper and get a better all round contribution to the team.

BryanV
17-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I am not questioning that he contributed, this is a very difficult argument to state without it appearing you are disreguarding any of his goals. My concern is the games before the last 2 of season, for me he just does not do enough over the term, when he does play well you get some goals however when he doesnt its not so good.

He scored almost half his goals in 2 games which on 1 hand is great but is also a concern, Nish did well in those matches but that for me does not alter the matches that went before.

Fair enough, we replace Nish with better I'd be delighted. What I was objecting to was that in people's rush to slag him they seek to discredit ALL his performances.

Ed De Gramo
17-08-2010, 12:50 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Spot on!

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Fair enough, we replace Nish with better I'd be delighted. What I was objecting to was that in people's rush to slag him they seek to discredit ALL his performances.

I have not seen that to be honest, and again if every performance is discredited it must be a handfull of people for me making it not really a problem. Was it Konte or somebody whom scored a goal that helped us into Europe once? Im not comparing ability but circumstance, great he scored but looking at what went before wasnot that impressive.

BryanV
17-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I have not seen that to be honest, and again if every performance is discredited it must be a handfull of people for me making it not really a problem. Was it Konte or somebody whom scored a goal that helped us into Europe once? Im not comparing ability but circumstance, great he scored but looking at what went before wasnot that impressive.

What have you not seen, really? Describing his goals as being the equivalent of scoring the fifth in a six nil victory. I am no big fan of Nish, but we have, imho, bigger problems.

Captain Trips
17-08-2010, 12:58 PM
What have you not seen, really? Describing his goals as being the equivalent of scoring the fifth in a six nil victory. I am no big fan of Nish, but we have, imho, bigger problems.

If everyone had said that then ok, ho many people stated that 1 or 2? not really something to bother about is it? There are a few folk whom give out abuse but its small numbers. IMO Nish has nothing to be bothered about from what I have seen on here and at matches from supporters, he has lots of folk at ground on his side and on here so he just needs to mind that and get on, we do have bigger problems as you say, Rankin :)

SMAXXA
17-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Where are the bigger problems? He is by far the poorest player in Hibs starting 11 of late, I fail to see where else is as bad, closest I can think is possibly Hogg but I still think he has more better games than roten games unlike Nish.

BryanV
17-08-2010, 01:00 PM
If everyone had said that then ok, ho many peoplestated that 1 or 2? not really something to bother about is it? There are a few folk whom give out abuse but its small numbers. IMO Nish has nothing to be bothered about from what I have seen on here and at matches from supporters, I agree we do have bigger problems like Rankin :wink:

I did not say everyone said that.

BryanV
17-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Where are the bigger problems? He is by far the poorest player in Hibs starting 11 of late, I fail to see where else is as bad, closest I can think is possibly Hogg but I still think he has more better games than roten games unlike Nish.

Our defence is the problem, that needs to be sorted out. It is not just about individuals.

Stevie Reid
17-08-2010, 01:03 PM

Exactly. I only entered this argument when someone wnated to take 5 goals off him to highlight how poor his scoring ratio would've been if he hadn't scored them. I've never know a striker to have their most prolific period dismissed for the sake of argument before, but with Nish it is valid, for some reason.

For the record, I would be delighted if we replaced Nish, he infuriates me and was awful at the weekend. I think he can finish but undoubtedly we need better if we are to progress. However, he is here until the end of the season and will get my full support until then.

pentlando
17-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Perhaps some people think its realistic that we can sign a better player than Nish, who decides whom is being unrealistic or realistic?

Presumably Yogi and Rod??:cool2: