PDA

View Full Version : Just Back

Hibby Bairn
15-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Great day out as always at Fir Park. Great weather and great result.

As I posted on one of the doom and gloomer threads at HT we struggled first half with Motherwell's energy and verve. But they couldn't keep it up for the full 90 and once we went 2-1 up we could have easily scored 6 as gaps opened up all over the place.

Stokes looks very fit and had a great game. Can't believe the negativity of young Hanlon on here. Up against a very fast winger and did OK. Bamba different class as usual and once we got a bit more time on the ball Miller ran the show.

De Graff looked off the pace from the off and Yogi called it right replacing him with Wotherspoon. Would possibly have put Rankin on for Nish to give Hanlon a bit of a hand. But other than that wouldn't have changed much.

Great start, thought overall we were good value for the 3 pts. Well done Motherwell for having a father and son gate on as usual.

Oh and big Nishy. The abuse that guy gets on here and at games is unbelievable. Interesting comments from Craig Paterson on the radio afterwards re Nish. No he's no brilliant but don't see the point in giving him dog's abuse at the game.

Bring on the Rangers!

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 02:38 PM

As I posted on one of the doom and gloomer threads at HT we struggled first half with Motherwell's energy and verve. But they couldn't keep it up for the full 90 and once we went 2-1 up we could have easily scored 6 as gaps opened up all over the place.

Stokes looks very fit and had a great game. Can't believe the negativity of young Hanlon on here. Up against a very fast winger and did OK. Bamba different class as usual and once we got a bit more time on the ball Miller ran the show.

De Graff looked off the pace from the off and Yogi called it right replacing him with Wotherspoon. Would possibly have put Rankin on for Nish to give Hanlon a bit of a hand. But other than that wouldn't have changed much.

Great start, thought overall we were good value for the 3 pts. Well done Motherwell for having a father and son gate on as usual.

Oh and big Nishy. The abuse that guy gets on here and at games is unbelievable. Interesting comments from Craig Paterson on the radio afterwards re Nish. No he's no brilliant but don't see the point in giving him dog's abuse at the game.

Bring on the Rangers!

:top marks

Riordans Boots
15-08-2010, 02:40 PM

Bring on the Rangers!

Well said mate :agree:

skipster7
15-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Bring on the Rangers!

good post mate, heard that from CP as well, praised his commitment and goalscoring record. although he had a poor game today booing him says more about the fans.fwiw i thought Wells 2 CHs were very good against Nish.

SmashinGlass
15-08-2010, 02:49 PM
good post mate, heard that from CP as well, praised his commitment and goalscoring record. although he had a poor game today booing him says more about the fans.fwiw i thought Wells 2 CHs were very good against Nish.

To be fair Nish makes any CH he's up against look good. The goals we scored show the well defence to be anything but good so I think that says more about Nish than anything.

Regardless though it was three good points and good to get off to a winning start :thumbsup:

FifeHib
15-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Just back , that's how i saw the game.I think lots of teams will take a beating at Fir Park.

:thumbsup:

skipster7
15-08-2010, 02:53 PM
To be fair Nish makes any CH he's up against look good. The goals we scored show the well defence to be anything but good so I think that says more about Nish than anything.

Regardless though it was three good points and good to get off to a winning start :thumbsup:
maybe big Colin had softened them up :greengrin

At The Edge
15-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Just back , that's how i saw the game.I think lots of teams will take a beating at Fir Park.

:thumbsup:

When i was leaving, 2 'well supporters said pretty much the same, in that they'll play a lot worse and walk away with 3 points.

SmashinGlass
15-08-2010, 03:13 PM
maybe big Colin had softened them up :greengrin

Thats not how it looked to me, but i'll take your word for it :wink:

Comiston Hibee
15-08-2010, 03:16 PM

The one thing you can say about Nish is that he never has a mediocre game - either a great shift or
abysmal

Hiber-nation
15-08-2010, 03:17 PM
The way we were getting ripped apart down our right in the first half was ridiculous, although the boy Murphy was different class. Thought Hart and Hogg were very poor. De Graff anonymous. But going forward in the 2nd half we played some of the best stuff I've seen for ages, Miller pulling the strings, Riordan on song and special mention to Stokes who i thought had his best game for Hibs.

And a couple of great substitutions by Yogi today so well done the manager...

SmashinGlass
15-08-2010, 03:23 PM
The one thing you can say about Nish is that he never has a mediocre game - either a great shift or
abysmal

:agree: Which is exactly why he is so damned frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!