PDA

View Full Version : Hart, De Graaf and Stephens

Spike Mandela
15-08-2010, 01:41 PM
For those lucky enough to see game today any thoughts on our new signings. Not mentioned in many reports I've read so far so I'm guessing they were pretty indifferent.:confused:

Kevvy1875
15-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Thought Hart was solid against them. Most of their attacks came down the right as they found it easier going against Hanlon.

De Graff didnt get into the game at all, he is going to need time to adjust to the pace of the scottish game by the looks of it.

Stephens didnt have too much to do...not enough time.

CB_NO3
15-08-2010, 01:46 PM
For those lucky enough to see game today any thoughts on our new signings. Not mentioned in many reports I've read so far so I'm guessing they were pretty indifferent.:confused:
De Graaf found it hard to get involved in the game, was he meant to be right mid today?, if he was he gets dragged into the middle of the park to easy. Hart was ok, never had much to do as all their attacks came down our left hand side. I do feel sorry for Hart when he gets the ball though as has no one ahead of him (see De Graaf quote) which means he has to go long all the time. I still think he will be a very good signing though. Stevens came on with 10 to go and done nothing wrong, he won a few headers, I would like to see him and Bamba strick up a partnership.

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Hart never overlapped once and looks low on confidence, just about held his own.

Stephens, only got about 15 mins so hard to tell.

De Graff. Totally anonymous, apart from a couple of flicks his contribution was nil and he looks as slow as a wet week, but to be fair in the first half that went for everybody in midfield.

Mikey
15-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Isn't de Graaf playing in a new position for him. I'm sure he's played in the middle of the park for most, or all, of his career.

Fancy Yogi playing someone out of position. Whooda thunk it!

nickwhibs
15-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Hart never overlapped once and looks low on confidence, just about held his own.

Stephens, only got about 15 mins so hard to tell.

De Graff. Totally anonymous, apart from a couple of flicks his contribution was nil and he looks as slow as a wet week, but to be fair in the first half that went for everybody in midfield.

There was no-one infront of Hart for him to overlap. Thought he was pretty solid and had a decent game tbh.

lucky
15-08-2010, 02:15 PM
As most have said Hart was decent, Degraff played a few nice passes. I actually think Stephens help secure the points when came on for Nish. He won a few header cleared his lines when required. So overall none were outstanding or that bad.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I think Hart is good, nobody goes past him he defends well, and supports the midfield when needed. De Graff i'm not sure about yet, didnt do a lot today. And Stephens, i'd have him in beside Bamba. He clears his lines well, is quick and can win the odd header.

PeterboroHibee
15-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Thought Stephens was really good when he came on, Motherwell were trying to hoof balls into our box, and him and Bamba dealt with them all comfortably.

Hart was decent, didnt have too many problems and looked quite comfortable going forward. Not counting Spoony as hes more of a midfielder, looks like Hart could be one of the better RBs weve had in a while.

De Graaf looks okay, the whole team was stinking at the start and looked like he wasnt sure where he was meant to be playing, but he did have some good moments. Think he will be a good player for us.

CapitalHibs
15-08-2010, 02:24 PM
All three - definetly HIBS CLASS!!!:thumbsup:

HenryMonk
15-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Sorry going against grain here, thought hart had poor game, continually let his man either cut in side or cross! And looked sluggish.
De graff nether here nor there.
Stevens looked ok.

iwasthere1972
15-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Sorry going against grain here, thought hart had poor game, continually let his man either cut in side or cross! And looked sluggish.
Stevens looked ok.

Totally agree. Hart looks slower than a wet weekend in Arbroath and I wasn't impressed by De Graaf. Stevens even with only the last 15 minutes looked the most impressive of the trio. Nish - He tries hard but not hibs class unfortunately.

Anyway good 3 points today so bring on the huns.

Bayern Bru
15-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Give the boys a chance to adapt I say. Stephens has had the best responses based on ten minutes, yet de Graaf, who is new to the SPL and Hart who spent two years down south receive fairly negative responses? Fickle Hibs fans! :greengrin

I think they'll all turn out to be great players for Hibs. De Graaf's height, willingness to get into the box and support the strikers, as well as running with the ball from midfield is something we've been lacking in the midfield, and something we certainly didn't get from Rankin/Stevenson et al.

Hart maybe isn't the quickest of players, but with a speedy player in front of him who can get back to cover - like Spoon - then I don't think it would be an issue. He certainly looks the part for me, and for a number of others it would appear. I'd much rather have a 'real' RB, than other players filling in and being played out of position.

Stephens - Tall, athletic, good in the air, composed and comfortable on the ball. You forget the lad's only 18, and I know Yogi won't want to burn him out, but I'd love to see him and Bamba at centre back; two 6ft+, no nonsense CBs. Something that every other SPL club has had for years; how many times have we wished for it too?

ionahibby
15-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Stevens looked ok.

:agree: agreed not convinced about hart imo the others looked ok

Bunter
15-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Agree. When the ball went into our RB area, Hart was invariably out of position in the first half IMO. Although one occasion when he was in situ, as NHB says, the Well player cut inside him and walked away from to get his shot in a la Marlon Harewood yesterday. (Without the goal obviously)

Baw187
15-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Give the boys a chance to adapt I say. Stephens has had the best responses based on ten minutes, yet de Graaf, who is new to the SPL and Hart who spent two years down south receive fairly negative responses? Fickle Hibs fans! :greengrin

I think they'll all turn out to be great players for Hibs. De Graaf's height, willingness to get into the box and support the strikers, as well as running with the ball from midfield is something we've been lacking in the midfield, and something we certainly didn't get from Rankin/Stevenson et al.

Hart maybe isn't the quickest of players, but with a speedy player in front of him who can get back to cover - like Spoon - then I don't think it would be an issue. He certainly looks the part for me, and for a number of others it would appear. I'd much rather have a 'real' RB, than other players filling in and being played out of position.

Stephens - Tall, athletic, good in the air, composed and comfortable on the ball. You forget the lad's only 18, and I know Yogi won't want to burn him out, but I'd love to see him and Bamba at centre back; two 6ft+, no nonsense CBs. Something that every other SPL club has had for years; how many times have we wished for it too?

My sentiments exactly. The boy looks assured and like he makes the right decisions at the same time. Him and Bamba would be immense together.

Winston Ingram
15-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I thought De Graaf was totally anonymous. I thought he was supposed to be right midfield but I don't think I saw him there once:confused:

DH1875
15-08-2010, 10:30 PM
I thought Hart was neither here or there although at one point in the first half I do rememer saying that we've signed him 2 years to late.
This might sound strange but I worry about de Graff. That's twice I've seen him and although he scored 2 against Maribor I thought he was poor. Today I saw nothing and looks to be struggling with the pace of our game. He is ment to be a right midfielder but to look at him you'd have thought he's never played there.
Out the three of them Stephens looks like the best buy. Time will tell and he has plenty of it so heres hoping he turns out to be a right good player for us.

Skanko79
15-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Hart and De Graaf werent with it today at all. Can understand De Graaf maybe needing time to settle but Hart has played up here before and expected more from him today.

Stephens looked comfortable when he came on but didnt have much time. You can just tell though he will progress well and turn into a tidy player.

matty_f
15-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I thought Hart was neither here or there although at one point in the first half I do rememer saying that we've signed him 2 years to late.
This might sound strange but I worry about de Graff. That's twice I've seen him and although he scored 2 against Maribor I thought he was poor. Today I saw nothing and looks to be struggling with the pace of our game. He is ment to be a right midfielder but to look at him you'd have thought he's never played there.
Out the three of them Stephens looks like the best buy. Time will tell and he has plenty of it so heres hoping he turns out to be a right good player for us.

I thought De Graaf was out MOTM against Maribor, involved in everything, defending and attacking, looking for the ball and trying to force play.

I actually thought Hart looked the part in that game as well, though I think he's still a bit short in terms of fitness, which will come as the season progresses.

From the little I've seen of Stephens, he is the one I'm most excited about.

Haven't seen any of today's game other than the highlights on Hibs TV, so can't really comment on how they got on today, other than they ended up on the winning side.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 10:59 PM
What did Hart do wrong today? I thought he was solid enough and nobody got past him. :confused:

Skanko79
15-08-2010, 11:14 PM
What did Hart do wrong today? I thought he was solid enough and nobody got past him. :confused:

i thought he looked shaky when the lad on the wing for well was it murphy? or obrien? was running at him with pace.

Scotthibs1875
16-08-2010, 01:29 AM
i thought he looked shaky when the lad on the wing for well was it murphy? or obrien? was running at him with pace.

Didn't think murphy done much can't remember him getting past hart:confused: On the other side that humphrey had the beating of hanlon everytime. Okay Hanlon isn't a left-back but i don't think he is aggressive enough to be a good centre-back. If that Humphrey could deliver a good ball it would have cost us.

Sandy
16-08-2010, 07:01 AM

:top marks Would love to see Stephens and Bamba as a CB pairing. Play Spoony in front of Hart, and that is the right hand side of the pitch covered. All we need now is a left back, someone (Galbraith ?) for left midfield, and Deek up front with Stokes - sorted :agree:

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 08:58 AM

I never saw any of that, i thought Hart was steady and won most of his battles.

Ryan69
16-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Never saw the game as was working,but eveything I hear about De Graff seems tobe that we have a quality signing there once he finds his feet!
I work with a former Ajax player who was amazed that De Graff had come to Hibs. He stated that De Graff is a very very good player! :agree:

greenlex
16-08-2010, 12:31 PM
De Graff is a poor mans Rankin.

IndieHibby
16-08-2010, 06:51 PM
De Graff is a poor mans Rankin.

:faf: