PDA

View Full Version : Had It!! (with Hogg and Nish)

MrSmith
15-08-2010, 12:42 PM
No usually like this but...Hogg and Nish are just no cutting it at Hibs at all!

They have no athleticism and are incredibly stiff!
Hopeless, hapless and cause us more problems than worth. :bitchy::bitchy:

AugustaHibs
15-08-2010, 12:48 PM
:agree::agree:

Ozyhibby
15-08-2010, 12:57 PM
yogi the only person who does not see this.:grr:

Hibs90
15-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Agreed.

Riordans Boots
15-08-2010, 12:58 PM
No usually like this but...Hogg and Nish are just no Hibs class at all!

I would disagree - they had an off day :greengrin

Matty_Jack04
15-08-2010, 01:01 PM
people talk about yogis tactical weekness but i rekon his inability to spot these two clowns are'nt the answer will lead to him losing his job.

good fight back today pleasing to see abit more passion in 2nd half could have been more convincing if it werent for hoggs pen giveaway and nish falling over his own feet through on goal.

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Our weakest links

Nish

Rankin

Hogg

Hanlon

Dunbar Hibee
15-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Our weakest links

Nish

Rankin

Hogg

Hanlon

Eh? Rankin wasn't even playing!! And Hanlon is not a left back!

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Eh? Rankin wasn't even playing!! And Hanlon is not a left back!

Who said anything about today :bitchy:

Dunbar Hibee
15-08-2010, 01:09 PM

Well I disagree with you. Christ some people are never happy eh!! 3 points at fir park is excellent.. how about we focus on that eh

Matty_Jack04
15-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Give Hanlon a run in the team in a set position and he'l lose the nervousness that IMO is the only thing hampering him.

GraniteCityHibs
It was Nish who gave away the penalty. And Hogg had a pretty good second half. I would be happy to offload 'Big Honest Colin' at the nearest opportunity. He is an extremely limited player.

Riordans Boots
Well I disagree with you. Christ some people are never happy eh!! 3 points at fir park is excellent.. how about we focus on that eh

:agree::top marks

Houchy
15-08-2010, 01:11 PM

We started off with 9 players on the park and ended up with 10 men after Nish went off:agree::agree:

They're both like a player short.

Matty_Jack04
15-08-2010, 01:13 PM
It was Nish who gave away the penalty. And Hogg had a pretty good second half. I would be happy to offload 'Big Honest Colin' at the nearest opportunity. He is an extremely limited player.

my mistake then but hogg hardly had a good game all good having a decent 2nd half but the defending in the 1st half was shocking. he's supposed to be our leader after all

M11BMO
15-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Great 3 points but I've had enough of Nish. He only retained posession once the whole time he was on the pitch. There are better players in Sunday league football FFS.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 01:15 PM
We started off with 9 players on the park and ended up with 10 men after Nish went off:agree::agree:

They're both like a player short.

:agree: I really feel if we could replace those 2, we'd have a very decent side.

KiddA
15-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Great win but......

It baffles me that Yogi keeps playing these two numptys.

Hoggs feet never left the ground for the whole game and my new nickname for him is roots as he is always rooted to the ground. Truly awful player of the highest order. Hogg must have got a clause in his contract that he has to play every game and every minute and also be captain.

Nish gives away a needless pk then falls over his own feet one v one with the keeper :grr:

Do everyone a favor and please hand in written transfer requests as you are stealing money from Hibs now and its not funny anymore :bitchy:

Yogi you dropped Rankin now drop these two or you will be out a job very soon :agree:

M11BMO
15-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Agree with you Bpoolhibs.

Matty_Jack04
15-08-2010, 01:17 PM
:agree: I really feel if we could replace those 2, we'd have a very decent side.

:top marks totally agree, experienced CH and a pacey forward.

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Great result today, but the bigger picture is that Hogg is not good enough. If we persist with him I believe we will continue to lose goals as we did alst season.

I love Hoggs attitude and commitment but I just don't rate him.

boris the blade
15-08-2010, 01:19 PM
colin nish is a nightmare. regularly loses the ball or misplaces a pass killing the momentum of hibernian attacks. i've stayed off his back but i cant believe the guy is earning a living as a footballer. i'd take john sutton before him and sutton isnt great. as for hogg, rob jones made this boy look ok. best word to describe this laddie... ballwatcher.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Great result today, but the bigger picture is that Hogg is not good enough. If we persist with him I believe we will continue to lose goals as we did alst season.

I love Hoggs attitude and commitment but I just don't rate him.

I dont see a lot of attitude and commitment? All i see is a central defender who hardly wins any headers, gets turned so easily and is bullyed most games by the player he's marking.:boo hoo:

Pretty Boy
15-08-2010, 01:24 PM
I dont see a lot of attitude and commitment? All i see is a central defender who hardly wins any headers, gets turned so easily and is bullyed most games by the player he's marking.:boo hoo:

You didn't see him throw his body in the way right at the end today to produce a match winning block.

I agree that overall he's probably not good enough but to doubt his commitment is very harsh IMO.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 01:27 PM
You didn't see him throw his body in the way right at the end today to produce a match winning block.

I agree that overall he's probably not good enough but to doubt his commitment is very harsh IMO.

I did, and that was superb,:top marks although i did see him lose virtually every other challenge, get the wrong side of his man, and let his man turn him all day. He's not very good, and needs replaced ASAP.

Ernie Cobra
15-08-2010, 01:31 PM

your a bam! simple. Hanlon is a good wee player. Blether alot of keech about transfers ....stick to that :blah::asshole:

Alfred E Newman
15-08-2010, 01:32 PM

It looks like we will have to face up to the fact that the problems this season are going to be exactly the same as dogged us last season. Lack of width, pace and ropey defending. Some great results and some mediocre results. As Hughes says ,we are always going to score goals but we are going to lose a lot as well. He doesn`t appear to have addressed these problems over the summer. Hopefully before the window closes he will.

GraniteCityHibs
15-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Can't argue with that. Just pointing out a decent 2nd half performance from Hogg. Our main problem is a lack of ANY clear on field leadership from centre back. All of our prospective centre backs - Hogg, Bamba, Hanlon and Stephens- are in need of a real commander to partner them! We've never replaced Jones. Hogg often complimented Jones very well but as soon as you ask Hogg to win every ball in the air and marshal the defence i'm not sure he's up to it- Dedicated pro or not. The main thing that stuck out for me when Nish and De Graff went off was a)how well deek and stokes linked up and b)how much better liam miller looks when he pushes further forward. A bit of a dilemma there because i'm pretty sure That's where De Graff would be best suited, with Spoony out wide right. Although throw Deeks up front and i don't see why De Graff couldn't play from the left and cut in a la Deeko!

sesoim
15-08-2010, 01:37 PM

Come on, you know we could easily lose a few games on the trot with Hughes in charge. A good manager would romp to 3rd with this squad (given a couple of tweaks). Instead, Hughes and his fans would have us believe that scraping 4th would be a success.

Every SPL manager bar the Old Firm ones would love to have our squad at the moment. Even the Old Firm would happily take at least half a dozen of our players.

lucky
15-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Good 3 points today. However Nish is poor at best. Hogg improved as the game went on. Yogi saw he was struggling and sent on Stephens. Hibs looked better with him covering in front of the back 4. It then allowed Miller to move forward and let Ant and Deek to play up front. Spoony did well when came on for DeGraffe.

RIP
15-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Drama Queens!!

Hope we don't have to suffer you lot stood behind us the season

If we replace Hogg and Nish it will no doubt please you

Then you can turn your attention to the next weakest link :bye:

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Good 3 points today. However Nish is poor at best. Hogg improved as the game went on. Yogi saw he was struggling and sent on Stephens. Hibs looked better with him covering in front of the back 4. It then allowed Miller to move forward and let Ant and Deek to play up front. Spoony did well when came on for DeGraffe.

Yogi's tactics got us 3 goals, then he changed the tactics and closed the game up. I thought he was clueless?:confused:

sesoim
15-08-2010, 01:45 PM

We don't need to replace Nish. We just don't need to pick him.

We should have a four man midfield - along with the three we played today we also have Wotherspoon, Zemmama, Murray and even Bamba who have something to offer in midfield. We don't have as much possession as what we should with the squad we have available, and this is because Hughes insists on a 4-3-3 with too much emphasis on fancy passing (which breaks down too often).

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 01:50 PM
your a bam! simple. Hanlon is a good wee player. Blether alot of keech about transfers ....stick to that :blah::asshole:

Hanlon is a centre half i was being unfair as he was playing out of position.

Radge :greengrin

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Yogi's tactics got us 3 goals, then he changed the tactics and closed the game up. I thought he was clueless?:confused:

Never expected anything else from you,

Ed De Gramo
15-08-2010, 01:54 PM

Yawn...

lyonhibs
15-08-2010, 02:14 PM
yawn all you like, but its true. The contrast between Bamba and Hogg was night and day. Nish cant control his ain limbs, let alone the ball.
And Salford Hibs, u intending on hanging around with that personal abuse?

MrSmith
15-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Good comeback, very well thought out gramo!

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 02:18 PM

???????

Quantify Hibs class??:confused:

MrSmith
15-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Football players!

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Football players!

:confused::confused::confused:

MrSmith
15-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Why so confused? Do you not expect a level of ability from the players representing your team?

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Why so confused? Do you not expect a level of ability from the players representing your team?

Why do Nish, Hogg and Rankin when selected continue to be the target of boo boys.....

These players wear the jersey, picked by the manager, and contribute to our results......

Novel concept but what about trying to support the collective HIBERNIAN?

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Great win but......

It baffles me that Yogi keeps playing these two numptys.

Hoggs feet never left the ground for the whole game and my new nickname for him is roots as he is always rooted to the ground. Truly awful player of the highest order. Hogg must have got a clause in his contract that he has to play every game and every minute and also be captain.

Nish gives away a needless pk then falls over his own feet one v one with the keeper :grr:

Do everyone a favor and please hand in written transfer requests as you are stealing money from Hibs now and its not funny anymore :bitchy:

Yogi you dropped Rankin now drop these two or you will be out a job very soon :agree:

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

MrSmith
15-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Never boo the team, I'm merely pointing out that these two players are not very good!

sleeping giant
15-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Never boo the team, I'm merely pointing out that these two players are not very good!

Great result though:thumbsup:

500miles
15-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Bamba and Hanlon got away with a couple of things that Hogg would have been getting slated for on here. Hanlon, heading it out for a corner with no one near, giving the ball away as soon as he won it, Bamba passing it wildly out of the field, players getting in behind Hart just about every time.....

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2010, 03:14 PM

Why does a serious (and IMHO valid) point about our team bore you?

We saw the good and bad of Hibs again today. I really believe we are close to being the 3rd best team in the league if we can get another centre back to partner Bamba (is Stephens the answer - maybe). Nish is a very frustrating player, in that he breaks down our moves, fouls all the time and looks clueless. Then every now and then he puts in a belter of a performance and scores goals. However these performances are too few and far for me I'm afraid.

MrSmith
15-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Absolutely!

Ernie Cobra
15-08-2010, 03:19 PM
???????

????? Proffessional football players should be the qualification surely? Now with that being clear, would you pay either of these "proffessionals" a wage if it was your cash?

If the answer is no that may be the quantification you were looking for

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 03:21 PM
yawn all you like, but its true. The contrast between Bamba and Hogg was night and day. Nish cant control his ain limbs, let alone the ball.
And Salford Hibs, u intending on hanging around with that personal abuse?

Agree Lyon, Take Nish & Hogg out of that line up and we would be a decent team, did you see the difference when Stokes & Deeks linked up together.

Ernie Cobra
15-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Why do Nish, Hogg and Rankin when selected continue to be the target of boo boys.....

These players wear the jersey, picked by the manager, and contribute to our results......

Novel concept but what about trying to support the collective HIBERNIAN?

cause they are *****!

if you want to ask stoopid questions:greengrin

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Agree Lyon, Take Nish & Hogg out of that line up and we would be a decent team, did you see the difference when Stokes & Deeks linked up together.

Agree 100% - Riordan and Stokes look a quality partnership and we looked much more balanced when Nish went off.

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Agree 100% - Riordan and Stokes look a quality partnership and we looked much more balanced when Nish went off.

For der Huns Drop Nish & Hogg, in Wotherspoon for Nish & Stephens for Hogg.

De Graff looked uncomfortable at times, just needs time to settle into the SPL pace.

KiddA
15-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Here comes the get behind the team brigade and the famous :yawn: response. I must be wrong like many other Hibs fans about Hogg and Nish.

Guys like you must enjoy watching Nish and Hogg or you would not get on the defense.

Bullet :agree:

Gettin' Auld
15-08-2010, 03:31 PM

We saw the good and bad of Hibs again today. I really believe we are close to being the 3rd best team in the league if we can get another centre back to partner Bamba (is Stephens the answer - maybe). Nish is a very frustrating player, in that he breaks down our moves, fouls all the time and looks clueless. Then every now and then he puts in a belter of a performance and scores goals. However these performances are too few and far for me I'm afraid.
:top marks

marinello59
15-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Here comes the get behind the team brigade and the famous :yawn: response. I must be wrong like many other Hibs fans about Hogg and Nish.

Guys like you must enjoy watching Nish and Hogg or you would not get on the defense.

Is the ''Get Behind the team Brigade'' on the same side as the'' PC Brigade'' or not? :confused:

degenerated
15-08-2010, 03:34 PM

sadly we wont be seeing much more of that since you exclusively revealed we were actively trying to punt both of them :rolleyes:

MSK
15-08-2010, 03:36 PM

Bullet :agree:Or maybe its the point that a few on here are actually happy to get the three points...it matters not a jot though eh ..not a great first half ..a better second half..3 points that many teams will struggle to get at Well this season ..

We could have won 3 nil but im sure the usual predictable ***** would still have been spewed on here ..

Damned if we do ..damned if we dont eh !!!

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 03:36 PM
sadly we wont be seeing much more of that since you exclusively revealed we were actively trying to punt both of them :rolleyes:

:boo hoo::rolleyes:

skipster7
15-08-2010, 03:38 PM

heard it all now.is there a lets not get the team brigade ? while i agree Nish and Hogg are not among our better players they were part of the TEAM that picked up a great 3 points on the opening day.if you would rather focus on the negatives though.....

KiddA
15-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Or maybe its the point that a few on here are actually happy to get the three points...it matters not a jot though eh ..not a great first half ..a better second half..3 points that many teams will struggle to get at Well this season ..

We could have won 3 nil but im sure the usual predictable ***** would still have been spewed on here ..

Damned if we do ..damned if we dont eh !!!

We need to look at the bigger picture though. Don't get me wrong I am delighted we beat them today but there is bigger issues and these need to be addressed in order to have a good season. I agree with Blackpool Hibs if we can replace these two with a couple of decent players or maybe give Hanlon a run with Bamba I think we are not too far away.

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 03:42 PM

WE won our first match, but again the two usual suspects get hammered on here.....

That bores me and upsets me.............

KiddA
heard it all now.is there a lets not get the team brigade ? while i agree Nish and Hogg are not among our better players they were part of the TEAM that picked up a great 3 points on the opening day.if you would rather focus on the negatives though.....

Negatives yes but we can't just sweep our problems under the carpet. Yogi has to address them now plain and simple

Baldy Foghorn
????? Proffessional football players should be the qualification surely? Now with that being clear, would you pay either of these "proffessionals" a wage if it was your cash?

If the answer is no that may be the quantification you were looking for

My answer is yes though...........:confused:

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Actually I find that post negative :greengrin

I agree today is a great result - but let's build on it! Lets look at what we can do better for the next game. That for me is dropping Nish and playing Stokes and Riordan up front for starters. Hogg is a weak link at the back - so maybe play Stephens instead of him.

Miller, Stack, McBride, Riordan, Stokes, Bamba were all excellent today. Hanlon was up against the man of the match for me so I think he did ok especually when you consider left back isn't his best position.

So more positives than negatives but WE CAN DO BETTER!

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 03:44 PM

You are entitled to your opinion, but is it really necessary to pan two players every single week, especially after we have just won........

Christ why not support Barcelona or Juventus if Hibs ain't up to your standard:bye:

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 03:45 PM

Spot on skipster

Judas Iscariot
15-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Our weakest links

Nish

Rankin

Hogg

Hanlon

Your a slaver..

Hanlon is a terrific prospect and is a future Hibs captain..

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2010, 03:49 PM

It's not about focusing on the negatives (that in itself is a negative attitude). It's about looking at the performace and looking to improve.

There were lots of positives from today (Stokes, Riordan, Miller and Bamba for starters were excellent). But what I saw was that Riordan and Stokes looked fantastic when Nish went off and Hogg (again) looked a liability at the back yet Stephens looked a player when he came on.

MSK
15-08-2010, 03:50 PM
We need to look at the bigger picture though. Don't get me wrong I am delighted we beat them today but there is bigger issues and these need to be addressed in order to have a good season. I agree with Blackpool Hibs if we can replace these two with a couple of decent players or maybe give Hanlon a run with Bamba I think we are not too far away.Im not disputing that mate & i agree that there is a lot of work still to be done ...however the apathy/hysteria on here is simply laughable ...

I knew the minute i logged on i would read these threads ...boring ..pathetic... yet so ****ing predictable, some folk just cant wait to put the boot in..regardless of the result ..

****ing unbelievable ....:bitchy:

KiddA
15-08-2010, 03:50 PM
My answer is yes though...........:confused:

:hmmm: I see the post count so you are not a yam so now im confused :dunno:

You are just taking the P**S now if you would pay these two players

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 03:54 PM
:hmmm: I see the post count so you are not a yam so now im confused :dunno:

You are just taking the P**S now if you would pay these two players

I am a hibs man through and through, and support Hibernian as a collective......

I try to leave our player bashing to opposing fans if I can............

So you are totally confused by Hibs management who pick both players......Aye what does Yogi know eh, 3 points in the bag already:grr:

KiddA
15-08-2010, 03:56 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, but is it really necessary to pan two players every single week, especially after we have just won........

Christ why not support Barcelona or Juventus if Hibs ain't up to your standard:bye:

Oh that old chestnut why not support Barcelona or Juventus if Hibs ain't up to your standard and typical :bye: response.

Good original response :thumbsup:

skipster7
15-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Negatives yes but we can't just sweep our problems under the carpet. Yogi has to address them now plain and simple

im sure we would love to have a team packed with good players just as im sure yogi is always looking to bring in better than what we've got.at the minute though we should be supporting the players who are here even if some are clearly better than others.i would have found it strange today if Nish had been left out given his hat-trick against these same defenders on our last visit.it seems to me that Hibs winning is just an inconveniance to some who would rather slate certain players.

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2010, 03:59 PM
im sure we would love to have a team packed with good players just as im sure yogi is always looking to bring in better than what we've got.at the minute though we should be supporting the players who are here even if some are clearly better than others.i would have found it strange today if Nish had been left out given his hat-trick against these same defenders on our last visit.it seems to me that Hibs winning is just an inconveniance to some who would rather slate certain players.

Fair enough point. However having now seen that Riordan and Stokes works far better than Nish and Stokes, Yogi should start with Riordan and Stokes next week.

Agreed?

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Oh that old chestnut why not support Barcelona or Juventus if Hibs ain't up to your standard and typical :bye: response.

No just gets my back up when people like yourself berate the team, especially after they have won.....

I mean we do not have the monies to pay fabulous wages, and we are who we are..... Can't you understand that from America, and just be happy for once?

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:00 PM

What about trying to back the Football Club as a collective then:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Fair enough point. However having now seen that Riordan and Stokes works far better than Nish and Stokes, Yogi should start with Riordan and Stokes next week.

Agreed?

Why not call Yogi and pick his team for him, I am sure he would be grateful of your assistance?

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Your a slaver..

Hanlon is a terrific prospect and is a future Hibs captain..

Agree mate i was harsh on Hanlon as he was out of his position.

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Why not call Yogi and pick his team for him, I am sure he would be grateful of your assistance?

So are you saying, I as a Hibs fan, am not allowed an opinion?

MSK
15-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Nae wonder i ****ing drink ...:bitchy:

SalfordHibs
I am a hibs man through and through, and support Hibernian as a collective......

So you are totally confused by Hibs management who pick both players......Aye what does Yogi know eh, 3 points in the bag already:grr:

And do you seriously think both Hogg & Nish got us these three points :bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
So are you saying, I as a Hibs fan, am not allowed an opinion?

No I am saying you seem to know more than Yogi

skipster7
15-08-2010, 04:06 PM

Agreed?
you may well be right but we have to remember the game had opened right up and we weren't getting closed down as fast as we had been for the first half.would like to see deeks a stokes for most games but they would probably be too lightweight in others.

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:06 PM

Were they part of the team that won????

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:07 PM

I wish I had never stopped:grr:

Phil MaGlass
Cant agree on a few points today,Hibs were attrocious in the first half and how people can come on here and say players were outstanding is quite baffling??? for over 50 mins we were outplayed all over the pitch, we play a decent 40 mins and come away with a win. Surely players can only be deemed outstanding if they have given 90 odd minutes not 15 or 20 otherwise I would have been playing for Real Madrid when I was 16.

skipster7

no they didn't but were part of the team who did:bitchy:

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2010, 04:08 PM
you may well be right but we have to remember the game had opened right up and we weren't getting closed down as fast as we had been for the first half.would like to see deeks a stokes for most games but they would probably be too lightweight in others.

True enough - I am not one to ever give Hibs player a hard time at matches (never have done). But I believe in changing things for the better of the team and IMHO it will be worth trying Riordan/Stokes from the start next week.
:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
15-08-2010, 04:08 PM

:agree: Sickening

Be happy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU):greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Cant agree on a few points today,Hibs were attrocious in the first half and how people can come on here and say players were outstanding is quite baffling??? for over 50 mins we were outplayed all over the pitch, we play a decent 40 mins and come away with a win. Surely players can only be deemed outstanding if they have given 90 odd minutes not 15 or 20 otherwise I would have been playing for Real Madrid when I was 16.

Nobody is saying the performance was outstanding, but second half we were far superior, and we actually WON the match.............

MSK
And do you seriously think both Hogg & Nish got us these three points :bitchy:Did they cost us 3 points today..?

As far as im aware we ..hibs ..not Motherwell won today ..a team effort..

I will enjoy this win no matter what the Nish/Hogg haters say ...

SalfordHibs
Were they part of the team that won????

Exactly what part did they play in our winning team today,

Nish falling over all the time, messing up good moves by us, got in the way of De Graff when he was about to burst through on goal, Gave away a needless penalty that may have cost us the 3 points.

Hogg was run all over the place by Sutton easily

Over to you Yogi :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:11 PM

Nish falling over all the time, messing up good moves by us, got in the way of De Graff when he was about to burst through on goal, Gave away a needless penalty that may have cost us the 3 points.

Hogg was run all over the place by Sutton easily

Over to you Yogi :greengrin

Brilliant. If there was ever a post of not seeing the whole picture, then this is it.....

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Did they cost us 3 points today..?

As far as im aware we ..hibs ..not Motherwell won today ..a team effort..

I will enjoy this win no matter what the Nish/Hogg haters say ...

Agree with you mate, as a Hibby i am delighted with today's result, however there are serious concerns that need to be sorted out and that is both Hogg & Nish being dropped or better still leave our club.

Do you really think Hogg is captain material ?

Phil MaGlass
Nobody is saying the performance was outstanding, but second half we were far superior, and we actually WON the match.............

Think ah just posted on wrong thread? Gonnae slow down on the beer now...now I have to find the thread I should have posted on ..ah bu99er it ....watch the liverpool game 1-0 by the way...hic

KiddA
No just gets my back up when people like yourself berate the team, especially after they have won.....

I mean we do not have the monies to pay fabulous wages, and we are who we are..... Can't you understand that from America, and just be happy for once?

Not berating the team just problems that need to be addressed and Yogi has still not done that. Like I said I am happy just like the next Hibby with the win but like I said we can't just sweep what I think are major problems under the carpet.

I mean its not rocket science is it :dunno:

I will steal your quote ''people like you'' either don't want the team to improve or are happy with Hogg and Nish.

As for paying there wages you must be either drunk or smoking some weird stuff :smokin

Take the green tinted glasses off and waken up

MSK

What part did they play in us losing today ..?...oh wait ...

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Brilliant. If there was ever a post of not seeing the whole picture, then this is it.....

Baldy...tell me which part i missed out on, oh yeah Nish falling over his own feet when through 1 on 1 with the keeper :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
15-08-2010, 04:15 PM

I was at the game and really enjoyed it although Hibs always want to test me for a weakness in my heart.

I don't really go in for slagging Hibs players especially at the game but I have a question for those slagging Hogg and Nish.

Nish and Hogg IMO were poor but they weren't the worst. Guess who I think was worse?

This goes against the grain for me but for me too many people simply blame Hogg and Nish for everything. Is it because they listen to everybody else around them and have no understanding of the game?

MrSmith
15-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Im not disputing that mate & i agree that there is a lot of work still to be done ...however the apathy/hysteria on here is simply laughable ...

I knew the minute i logged on i would read these threads ...boring ..pathetic... yet so ****ing predictable, some folk just cant wait to put the boot in..regardless of the result ..

****ing unbelievable ....:bitchy:

That's unfair mate! I merely stated that as far as I'm concerned I've had it with Nish and Hogg! For me both do not do the team any favours and again, for me, cause more problems in the team than out! To move forward these two need replaced and again, I have never slated nor criticised Hibs players before until today! Today proved to me that these two are immobile and useless!

It is a fair observation and very obvious that these two individuals will cost us dear in games. So my tuppence worth or negativity in your view, in my view constructive forward planning, would be to get rid and replace and, as someone else has suggested, two minimal changes that would make the team much better.

Sorry if that sounds typical of the negativity on this board but for me it is actually a positive that it can be rectified quickly.

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Not berating the team just problems that need to be addressed and Yogi has still not done that. Like I said I am happy just like the next Hibby with the win but like I said we can't just sweep what I think are major problems under the carpet.

I mean its not rocket science is it :dunno:

I will steal your quote ''people like you'' either don't want the team to improve or are happy with Hogg and Nish.

As for paying there wages you must be either drunk or smoking some weird stuff :smokin

Take the green tinted glasses off and waken up

The green tinted glasses, dear oh dear..... Getting a ticking off for supprting the team...... That is a new one.....

I have seen worse players to grace the jersey in my time supporting Hibs, than Nish and Hogg, and they are part of a winning side today

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Baldy...tell me which part i missed out on, oh yeah Nish falling over his own feet when through 1 on 1 with the keeper :rolleyes:

Did you see him winning headers, passing to teammates, defending their attacks, or did you only want to highlight the errors?

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I was at the game and really enjoyed it although Hibs always want to test me for a weakness in my heart.

I don't really go in for slagging Hibs players especially at the game but I have a question for those slagging Hogg and Nish.

Nish and Hogg IMO were poor but they weren't the worst. Guess who I think was worse?

This goes against the grain for me but for me too many people simply blame Hogg and Nish for everything. Is it because they listen to everybody else around them and have no understanding of the game?

Sorry mate but we have better players in their positions, Wotherspoon for Nish & Stephens for Hogg...Who did you think was worse than these two today?

scoopyboy
15-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Sorry mate but we have better players in their positions, Wotherspoon for Nish & Stephens for Hogg...Who did you think was worse than these two today?

Exactly, blinkered.

Go on have a guess?

hibee-shtuggie
15-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Did you see him winning headers, passing to teammates, defending their attacks, or did you only want to highlight the errors?

i watched what i could at the pub on my lunch hour from work today i did not see Nish win a header without giving away a foul, i did not see him breaking up play and i seen him play maybe three passes. i must have missed the half hour that he did those things.

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:20 PM
i watched what i could at the pub on my lunch hour from work today i did not see Nish win a header without giving away a foul, i did not see him breaking up play and i seen him play maybe three passes. i must have missed the half hour that he did those things.

The number of times he gets penalised in the air, when he has not fouled is ridiculous......

People only see what they want to see IMO

KiddA
15-08-2010, 04:20 PM
The green tinted glasses, dear oh dear..... Getting a ticking off for supprting the team...... That is a new one.....

I have seen worse players to grace the jersey in my time supporting Hibs, than Nish and Hogg, and they are part of a winning side today

Yes and so have the rest of us so whats your point?

Here is an easy one for you do you think Nish and Hogg are good enough for Hibs?

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Yes and so have the rest of us so whats your point?

Here is an easy one for you do you think Nish and Hogg are good enough for Hibs?

We have come so far, from the days of Turnbull, Roeder, Caughey for example

Hogg and Nish IMO are good enough for Hibs at the moment yes..........

Go on slate me for being a supporter now.....

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:24 PM

Headers, defending, passing to team mates are sure you watched the same game...:yawn:

hibee-shtuggie
15-08-2010, 04:25 PM
The number of times he gets penalised in the air, when he has not fouled is ridiculous......

People only see what they want to see IMO
i will agree with you there he can sometimes be singled out by referee's for apparently shoving but he shouldn't let this detter him from pushing himself about a bit more. i honestly did not see what i wanted to see, what i wanted to see was him score a hat-trick! and a lot of the old boys in the pub agreed with me incidentally.

MrSmith
15-08-2010, 04:26 PM

Well that's a cyclical argument eh!! How long before the question comes back to you: what part did they play in the win? Most likely after a 4-0 humping from Hamilton!!

Great result today, team played poorly in the first half and slightly better in the second however, Motherwell were far better organised than and got in about us more. Personally feel they were robbed today. If it hadn't been for Riordan and Stokes linking well in the second what would be the discussion now? Hypothetical I know but nevertheless pertinent.

The weekness is there for all to see so lets get it sorted!

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Headers, defending, passing to team mates are sure you watched the same game...:yawn:

NO I sat there with my eyes shut obviously:grr:

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Right lets get shot of Hogg for Terry, and Nish for Rooney or Drogba...........

Would that be OK?

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Exactly, blinkered.

Go on have a guess?

For me Nish & Hogg were shocking, Hanlon was poor but up against a fast winger and played out of position, De Graff not up to SPL speed, Hart looked no bad, Bamba, Miller, McBride, Deeks, Stokes were different class today, especially the spell Deeks & Stokes had together.

hibee-shtuggie
15-08-2010, 04:28 PM

let's please not start the who's more of a supporter usual stuff. why would anyone on this forum slate you for being a Hibernian supporter (unless an undercover yam of course). We are all here because we support Hibernian F.C but some fans feel they (nish, Hogg) are not good enough for the team they support. doesn't make them, or you, and better or less of a supporter. it is clear to see that they are not 1st team picks abd shouldn't be. squad players, yes.

KiddA
15-08-2010, 04:29 PM

At the moment? So long term do you think they are good enough?

SalfordHibs
NO I sat there with my eyes shut obviously:grr:

Seems you had Nish tinted glasses on :cool2:

Baldy Foghorn
let's please not start the who's more of a supporter usual stuff. why would anyone on this forum slate you for being a Hibernian supporter (unless an undercover yam of course). We are all here because we support Hibernian F.C but some fans feel they are not good enough for the team they support. doesn't make them, or you, and better or less of a supporter. it is clear to see that they are not 1st team picks abd shouldn't be. squad players, yes.

I was making the reference because I was accused of wearing green tinted glasses.... Do keep up

KiddA
15-08-2010, 04:30 PM
let's please not start the who's more of a supporter usual stuff. why would anyone on this forum slate you for being a Hibernian supporter (unless an undercover yam of course). We are all here because we support Hibernian F.C but some fans feel they (nish, Hogg) are not good enough for the team they support. doesn't make them, or you, and better or less of a supporter. it is clear to see that they are not 1st team picks abd shouldn't be. squad players, yes.

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:30 PM
At the moment? So long term do you think they are good enough?

Depends on spending budgets and who can be brought in, six million dollar question that one.....

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:31 PM

Would that be OK?

Wages may be the stumbling block though :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn

Hilarious:grr:

KiddA
I was making the reference because I was accused of wearing green tinted glasses.... Do keep up

Oh no you made the quote of can't you be happy in America with the win. What difference does it make?

hibee-shtuggie

ah i see! no everyone's entitled to their opinion and i will gladly read or listen to anyone who is a fellow Hibs supporter as i enjoy the views of other people. obviously you feel they are ok and lets be honest, you are not alone, which is fine. but there are a number of others who feel they are not up to scratch
the debate goes on....

i think i'm keeping up now :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Wages may be the stumbling block though :greengrin

doh:wtf:

scoopyboy
For me Nish & Hogg were shocking, Hanlon was poor but up against a fast winger and played out of position, De Graff not up to SPL speed, Hart looked no bad, Bamba, Miller, McBride, Deeks, Stokes were different class today, especially the spell Deeks & Stokes had together.

I thought Edwin de Graaf was equally as bad as Hogg and Nish if not worse. He seems to have escaped criticism however.

I do realise it was his 1st game in the SPL and the pace of it caught him out. He continually lost players at throw ins and free kicks and left Michael Hart with Jamie Murphy and Steve Hammell on him time after time. I hope and expect he improves but today he was hopeless and contributed zilch.

Baldy Foghorn
Oh no you made the quote of can't you be happy in America with the win. What difference does it make?

So are you happy Hibs won or not?

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Hilarious:grr:

Just like your posts in regards to the two players mentioned :agree:

KiddA
15-08-2010, 04:33 PM

:tee hee: thats what I was looking for

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:34 PM
I thought Edwin de Graaf was equally as bad as Hogg and Nish if not worse. He seems to have escaped criticism however.

I do realise it was his 1st game in the SPL and the pace of it caught him out. He continually lost players at throw ins and free kicks and left Michael Hart with Jamie Murphy and Steve Hammell on him time after time. I hope and expect he improves but today he was hopeless and contributed zilch.

Jock, don't be silly...... It is only Nish and Hogg that get berated......... Never Hibs class:devil:

KiddA
15-08-2010, 04:35 PM
So are you happy Hibs won or not?

Do read back and do keep up

You are just slavering P#SH now

Grade REMOVED

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:35 PM

An not up to SPL speed De Graff was more effective than Nish & Hogg today mate.

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Jock, don't be silly...... It is only Nish and Hogg that get berated......... Never Hibs class:devil:

Best thing you have said on this thread

Baldy Foghorn
Just like your posts in regards to the two players mentioned :agree:

so trying to defend two Hibs players, after a win, who are being unfairly singled out for criticsm is hilarious.......

I will let you all crack on, and I am sorry for you that Hibs won.....:grr:

In the words of Duncan Bannantyne "I'm out":bye:

MSK
That's unfair mate! I merely stated that as far as I'm concerned I've had it with Nish and Hogg! For me both do not do the team any favours and again, for me, cause more problems in the team than out! To move forward these two need replaced and again, I have never slated nor criticised Hibs players before until today! Today proved to me that these two are immobile and useless!

It is a fair observation and very obvious that these two individuals will cost us dear in games. So my tuppence worth or negativity in your view, in my view constructive forward planning, would be to get rid and replace and, as someone else has suggested, two minimal changes that would make the team much better.

Sorry if that sounds typical of the negativity on this board but for me it is actually a positive that it can be rectified quickly.That was aimed at the usual suspects mate ..they know who they are ...

I dont though think its unfair, i have been around these forums a long time..long enough to know what is to be expected after a game ..win lose or draw ...

Disecting the game, picking out plusses & minuses, discussing where we could improve etc etc ..there used to be plenty of that even after a defeat ..folk would debate till the coo's come home & aye things could get heated ..the threads are out there still but they are being snuffed out with all the negativity....folk cant be ersed discussing things because it lowers itself to petty point scoring..

Nowadays..what do we get ..the first thread i opened..."CLOWN" ....:bitchy:

The night is still young ..still more negative pish to come when the pubs empty ...decent discussion will be at a minimum ..believe me ..

Ive said on previous posts/threads there is still work to be done ...im not disputing that fact & i aint got blinkers on ..however..we ..hibs won ...that at the very least has made my weekend ..:agree:

Prof. Shaggy
15-08-2010, 04:37 PM
An not up to SPL speed De Graff was more effective than Nish & Hogg today mate.

I can't believe I just wasted 15 minutes of my life reading this drivel.

Baldy Foghorn
Do read back and do keep up

You are just slavering P#SH now

Grade A Bullet

Less of the insults please if you don't mind...... Keyboard hardmen do my nut in

hibee-shtuggie

i think the reply will be that Nish and Hogg have turned in performance's of this ilk consistently since january and de graaf is just settling in to the team and has not played enough games to merit the amount of criticism that has built up over months for Hogg and Nish. there. answered.

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:38 PM
so trying to defend two Hibs players, after a win, who are being unfairly singled out for criticsm is hilarious.......

I will let you all crack on, and I am sorry for you that Hibs won.....:grr:

In the words of Duncan Bannantyne "I'm out":bye:

Please point out in any of my posts that i am not happy my team won today, your defending of two players who are our weakest link is nothing but cringeworthy :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Please point out in any of my posts that i am not happy my team won today, your defending of two players who are our weakest link is nothing but cringeworthy :wink:

Hibs "fans", slating their own players is cringeworthy

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:40 PM
I can't believe I just wasted 15 minutes of my life reading this drivel.

De Graff has just came into the squad and it was his first SPL match today, as for Nish & Hogg how long have they had to show us their worth....:yawn:

scoopyboy
15-08-2010, 04:40 PM
i think the reply will be that Nish and Hogg have turned in performance's of this ilk consistently since january and de graaf is just settling in to the team and has not played enough games to merit the amount of criticism that has built up over months for Hogg and Nish. there. answered.

I made it clear I was only referring to today.

De Graaf was poor and to me that is as true as I was at the game today.

Off to take my wife and family out now, its her birthday and its time to do my bit.

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Hibs "fans", slating their own players is cringeworthy

Sorry Baldy too many excuses have been given out for these two, it's time for them to Join John Rankin dropped to the bench.

Baldy Foghorn

Off to take my wife and family out now, its her birthday and its time to do my bit.

Enjoy Jock, I am off for a bath with my blow up Nish and Hogg dolls.......:hyper:

Night peeps.......

KiddA
Less of the insults please if you don't mind...... Keyboard hardmen do my nut in

Well stop taking P#SH then and I will not call you a Bullet

Yet another original response keyboard hardman I never excatly asked you for a fist fight :bitchy:

MrSmith
15-08-2010, 04:43 PM
That was aimed at the usual suspects mate ..they know who they are ...

I dont though think its unfair, i have been around these forums a long time..long enough to know what is to be expected after a game ..win lose or draw ...

Disecting the game, picking out plusses & minuses, discussing where we could improve etc etc ..there used to be plenty of that even after a defeat ..folk would debate till the coo's come home & aye things could get heated ..the threads are out there still but they are being snuffed out with all the negativity....folk cant be ersed discussing things because it lowers itself to petty point scoring..

Nowadays..what do we get ..the first thread i opened..."CLOWN" ....:bitchy:

The night is still young ..still more negative pish to come when the pubs empty ...decent discussion will be at a minimum ..believe me ..

Ive said on previous posts/threads there is still work to be done ...im not disputing that fact & i aint got blinkers on ..however..we ..hibs won ...that at the very least has made my weekend ..:agree:

OK, see your point and agree to an extent. I am absolutely delighted we won today also and it did make my day. You will see though I posted the thread midway through the second half, and if I recall, just after Nish was through on goal and scuppered it! Previous to this I had been shouting at Hogg to get a grip and start playing football...So the Nish thing just broke the straw..

hibee-shtuggie

enjoy it! keep the faith ggtth

SalfordHibs
Enjoy Jock, I am off for a bath with my blow up Nish and Hogg dolls.......:hyper:

Night peeps.......

Sad thing about that is you aint kidding :faf:

Prof. Shaggy
15-08-2010, 04:51 PM
De Graff has just came into the squad and it was his first SPL match today, as for Nish & Hogg how long have they had to show us their worth....:yawn:

Apologies if it looks like only that post that I think is drivel. I meant the thread.
But, while I'm on the subject which do you believe, the post I quoted or your reply?

MSK
15-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Well that's a cyclical argument eh!! How long before the question comes back to you: what part did they play in the win? Most likely after a 4-0 humping from Hamilton!!

Great result today, team played poorly in the first half and slightly better in the second however, Motherwell were far better organised than and got in about us more. Personally feel they were robbed today. If it hadn't been for Riordan and Stokes linking well in the second what would be the discussion now? Hypothetical I know but nevertheless pertinent.

The weekness is there for all to see so lets get it sorted!Correct it is cyclical..but the answer is ..its a team game ..thats my crumb of comfort ..our 11 beat their 11..tomorrow or maybe Tuesday i may discuss further with others on here..perhaps even the negative points but right now ..here ..im happy with 3 points ...:agree:

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Apologies if it looks like only that post that I think is drivel. I meant the thread.
But, while I'm on the subject which do you believe, the post I quoted or your reply?

Fair enough mate, i replied cause you quoted my original post?

SalfordHibs
15-08-2010, 05:00 PM

Enjoy your night mate

:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Don't think there is any real dichotomy between the views expressed here. Some people see supporting the team about focusing on the positives and celebrating a decent opening victory. They feel it's not good for morale to slate players in a winning team.

Fair enough.

Others are constantly looking at how we can improve, and want to see us replace players who regularly don't seem to perform up to scratch. Hogg, Nish and Rankin are cited regularly in this group.

Again, perfectly legitimate.

If you have ambition, you must want to improve. We do that by either replacing players who are underperforming, or changing the system, or giving them a role on the field more appropriate to their skills.

So:

Unless we have a real Jones-type leader as a centre-half, leave Hogg out. He'll never be thatt player.

Rankin is a squad player. He'll do a job when injuries call, but shouldn't be a first pick.

Nish should be back-up for the preferred strike duo of Ant n Deeks. Bring him on for one of them in the last half-hour if the occasion so demands.

marinello59
15-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Don't think there is any real dichotomy between the views expressed here. Some people see supporting the team about focusing on the positives and celebrating a decent opening victory. They feel it's not good for morale to slate players in a winning team.

Fair enough.

Others are constantly looking at how we can improve, and want to see us replace players who regularly don't seem to perform up to scratch. Hogg, Nish and Rankin are cited regularly in this group.

If you have ambition, you must want to improve. We do that by either replacing players who are underperforming, or changing the system, or giving them a role on the field more appropriate to their skills.

So:

Unless we have a real Jones-type leader as a centre-half, leave Hogg out. He'll never be thatt player.

Rankin is a squad player. He'll do a job when injuries call, but shouldn't be a first pick.

Nish should be back-up for the preferred strike duo of Ant n Deeks. Bring him on for one of them in the last half-hour if the occasion so demands.

There is a difference between giving a structured argument like that though and continually posting the single refrain over several threads, 'X,Y and Z are pish.'' It's tedious in the extreme.

silverhibee
15-08-2010, 06:36 PM
???????

Derek Riordan. :greengrin:thumbsup:

marinello59
15-08-2010, 06:38 PM

Nobody can argue with that.:thumbsup:
Please tell me nobody can argue with that.:boo hoo:

Riordans Boots
15-08-2010, 06:41 PM

Absolute legend :thumbsup: and Well deserved MOTM tae Deeks :not worth

Mark_K
15-08-2010, 06:45 PM
there was a couple of times when the ball was thrown into the box hogg was still as a statue. is it his commitment to the club gone down the drain or not good enough player? think we still need to get in new players to improve from last season. from what i seen have we only got 3 strikers, nish/stokes and riordan? think that it's frustrating i think is we have a team that can really do the damage but dont live upto it. regardless we got the result and as long as we can keep up the consistency then we'll have a good season but we gotta be more free flowing and attacking because from what i seen a couple of times in the game punt the ball up the park and lose possession which is just a waste

silverhibee
15-08-2010, 06:46 PM

Unless it is Deeks. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
15-08-2010, 06:54 PM

Would that be OK?

Not Hibs Class. :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
15-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Nobody can argue with that.:thumbsup:
Please tell me nobody can argue with that.:boo hoo:

I Can.

IMO Riordan is better than 'Hibs Class' and we are lucky to have him. Take advantage of the fact he is Hibby and give him a contract he can't refuse and sign him for 5 years.

To lose him again before he has broke 100 league goals in a Hibs jersey would be sheer negligence.

maximushibee
15-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Great 3 points but I've had enough of Nish. He only retained posession once the whole time he was on the pitch. There are better players in Sunday league football FFS.

Ha and im one of them haha come on the sparta:cool2:

BEEJ
15-08-2010, 07:55 PM

Didn't see the game but heard some of the radio commentary. I wondered if de Graaf was struggling due to the fact that our midfield was outnumbered for the first 50 minutes or so?

As regards Nish, my feeling is that Hibs are not set up to play to his strengths. Therefore he is often made to look very ordinary and folks get frustrated.

Great result today. :thumbsup: But amidst all the celebrations a key question would be:

"Would you start next week's match (or indeed the following match against St Mirren) with the same 11 players and the same formation as Yogi sent out today?"

Fair enough.

Ernie Cobra
15-08-2010, 08:47 PM

Right hold on, they play *****, and we win, so that makes it alright? makes them decent players??......have you lost the plot completely.....and before doddit appears, with the team as a collective nonsense, if part of any workforce are below par and are constantly being bailed out by thier workmates, the workmates/work suffer, productivity and results etc.....so weak links need to improve?

So lads take off the grren tinted specs or the yam in the sand syndrome and just admit we have below average players in our team who are affecting our performances.... FFS, it doesnt make you any worse of a hibby, might save you from becoming mair like our yam bretheren though!

lEXO
15-08-2010, 09:29 PM
What a nonsense thread given we won today.I,ve read some of the posts but gave up on page 4.Some of our supporters are moaning faced gits full stop.It,s bad enough when we lose, but to read some of the pish on here after opening day win is a reflection on a section of our support.
It would,nt matter what a few of our players done in some eyes, they would still be slated.The players this thread was started about are not the best players, but given that they get abuse most games this must have an affect on their performances.I hear the shouts at the games, and if people think that it,s going to help, they are stupid.
Hogg will be away next year when his contract runs out, Nish will move on, Rankin and others as well.Unfortunately the same moan faced gits will stay in the stands and move on to their next targets. It,s not just some of our players that are not Hibs class.
Great result by the TEAM today, just in case some forgot.

MrSmith
15-08-2010, 10:01 PM
What a nonsense thread given we won today.I,ve read some of the posts but gave up on page 4.Some of our supporters are moaning faced gits full stop.It,s bad enough when we lose, but to read some of the pish on here after opening day win is a reflection on a section of our support.
It would,nt matter what a few of our players done in some eyes, they would still be slated.The players this thread was started about are not the best players, but given that they get abuse most games this must have an affect on their performances.I hear the shouts at the games, and if people think that it,s going to help, they are stupid.
Hogg will be away next year when his contract runs out, Nish will move on, Rankin and others as well.Unfortunately the same moan faced gits will stay in the stands and move on to their next targets. It,s not just some of our players that are not Hibs class.
Great result by the TEAM today, just in case some forgot.

It's hardly nonsense, after all this is a football forum where we all share our opinions and argue whats right and wrong...right?

Are you expecting me to paint pictures, embroider or clean the car with a smile on my face because Hibs pulled a white rabbit out of the magical hat? Come on! Get a grip on this. Hibs were poor for the vast majority of this game and due to Hogg and Nish contributions it could have easily been so different.

I'm delighted Hibs won today but I'm certainly not papering over visible cracks that are only going to get wider unless we fix them rapidly!

I like Nish and Hogg they are a couple of honest players however they can be honest in some other team that might suit their abilities because after last season I don't think I can handle anymore of their bombscare attributes!

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 10:32 PM
It's hardly nonsense, after all this is a football forum where we all share our opinions and argue whats right and wrong...right?

Are you expecting me to paint pictures, embroider or clean the car with a smile on my face because Hibs pulled a white rabbit out of the magical hat? Come on! Get a grip on this. Hibs were poor for the vast majority of this game and due to Hogg and Nish contributions it could have easily been so different.

I'm delighted Hibs won today but I'm certainly not papering over visible cracks that are only going to get wider unless we fix them rapidly!

I like Nish and Hogg they are a couple of honest players however they can be honest in some other team that might suit their abilities because after last season I don't think I can handle anymore of their bombscare attributes!

Absolute rubbish.

.Sean.
15-08-2010, 10:48 PM
We've just won our opening fixture away from home at a difficult venue against a good, well-organised side yet the usual suspect STILL cannae resist sticking the boot into the resident scapegoats, Hogg and Nish. It's now boring, tedious and repetitive guys, every week the same pish is spouted time and time again. I've not bothered reading all 6 pages of this thread as it's a certainty the same crap has been regurgitated numerous times by the same posters.

Gie it a break and get behind EVERY player eh? :bitchy:

Do you honestly think shouting guff such as 'get tae **** Nish, yer ****in' murder' or 'Hoggy ya ********, get tae **** ya useless ****' (phrases used by the idiot behind me at the game today when we were one down) helps matters when the team are behind? Does it ****. Get behind the team for the full match, is it that much of a chore?

MrSmith
16-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Well for starters.. I'm hardly the 'usual suspect' and please feel free to direct me to where I have used foul language in regards to so-called culprits!

BH - what game where you at?

TheUsualSuspect
16-08-2010, 01:10 AM
[QUOTE=.sean.;2546592]We've just won our opening fixture away from home at a difficult venue against a good, well-organised side yet the usual suspect STILL cannae resist sticking the boot into the resident scapegoats, Hogg and Nish. [QUOTE]

OI!! i'll have you know i'm a happy clapper:grr: :greengrin

We won, for those who are still on a witch hunt for Nish and Hogg etc take a deep breath hold it in for ten and then exhale and chill out atleast for a day. If needed go to your mum/dad/girlfriend/boyfriend or whoever and just get a big hug and feel loved there is no need for all the hatred (by some) shown towards these players.

personally I think they are not the best players and i wouln't cry to see them move, but some of the stuff written on here is really OTT.

I'm all for people for showing there opinions, this is a football forum, but can we make it more constructive critisim rather than just verbal abuse. Shouldn't be saying stuff on here that you ain't willing to say to some ones face in real life.

i'm away to celebrate :greengrin

Dr_Regal
16-08-2010, 04:18 AM
New season, same old witch hunts on hibs.net!

after a few beers and good browse on the boards i cant believe how good it feels for the new season to be underway and for the boys to have ground out a GREAT result today.

Yogi's job is decide on Hogg and Nish and the best eleven to put on the pitch, he passed today. Fans are entitled to their own opinion but the buck stops with the boss. Anything anyone says on here matters not a jot!

GGTTH

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2010, 07:15 AM
What about trying to back the Football Club as a collective then:confused:

Can you not support the team but still see where improvements can be made? I don't think being a supporter means being blind to all negatives?

Fair enough.

So:

:top marks Spot on DBS. I'm happy with the win, but improvements can still be made to the team.

lEXO
16-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Get a grip on this? Imagine that eh, get a grip for stating the obvious.Some Hibs fans are moaning faced gits, and you have backed that up really.Hogg and Nish will play well and poorly this season.As will most of the team.I,m not gonny argue the toss about their play because it wont make any difference.
As for you not being able to handle anymore of their bombscare attributes, maybe you should paint pictures,embroider or wash the car on match day as maybe you can handle that.
As for us pulling a rabbit from a hat to win, c,mon.We played well second half and deserved our win.Try and give the TEAM some credit FFS.Or is that to much to ask?

MrSmith
16-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Get a grip on this? Imagine that eh, get a grip for stating the obvious.Some Hibs fans are moaning faced gits, and you have backed that up really.Hogg and Nish will play well and poorly this season.As will most of the team.I,m not gonny argue the toss about their play because it wont make any difference.
As for you not being able to handle anymore of their bombscare attributes, maybe you should paint pictures,embroider or wash the car on match day as maybe you can handle that.
As for us pulling a rabbit from a hat to win, c,mon.We played well second half and deserved our win.Try and give the TEAM some credit FFS.Or is that to much to ask?

My first thread on here ever criticising two players and I'm now a moany get?? Great !

For what its worth look back through teh thread and you will see I have given the team credit. And, maybe I will stay in from now on because it would appear that my thoughts aren't worth as much as others.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 08:50 AM
BH - what game where you at?

I was not at the game, i watched it on the telly. We had numerous chances, while Motherwell had 1 shot that troubled our keeper. If we'd scored 6 again, they could not have complained.

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Can you not support the team but still see where improvements can be made? I don't think being a supporter means being blind to all negatives?

:top marks Spot on DBS. I'm happy with the win, but improvements can still be made to the team.

What is the point of berating players at the game and on here though? The vitriol spouted is way OTT.....:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Sad thing about that is you aint kidding :faf:

You really are 1 deluded individual.........

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Unless it is Deeks. :wink: :greengrin

Ain't bashed DR for a while now, he continues to improve his game, his workrate is better, and he defends more now..... No complaints from me if this continues.......

Hopefully he has settled now that he has become a father.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 02:15 PM
What is the point of berating players at the game and on here though? The vitriol spouted is way OTT.....:confused:

Its a message board brockie, this imho is the right place to talk about what each individual thinks about the team/players. Its just an extension of the pub or work. Some things are OTT, and i have been as guilty as anyone, but as long as we keep it to here, and dont transfer it to the stands, its fine by me.

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Its a message board brockie, this imho is the right place to talk about what each individual thinks about the team/players. Its just an extension of the pub or work. Some things are OTT, and i have been as guilty as anyone, but as long as we keep it to here, and dont transfer it to the stands, its fine by me.

Whilst I agree with people discussing player's merits, we should not have our own players labelled "clowns", "numpties", or school playground name calling/rhyming slang.........

Let's leave the insults to the yams..... Surely discussions can be had without the personal insults to players:confused:

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Whilst I agree with people discussing player's merits, we should not have our own players labelled "clowns", "numpties", or school playground name calling/rhyming slang.........

Let's leave the insults to the yams..... Surely discussions can be had without the personal insults to players:confused:

We are football fans, not vicars or priests. These things have gone on for years and will continue to do so. I'm more worried about why folk exaggerate how good Motherwell were, and slate us for not being as good as them? We were lucky again apparently. :faf:

Lmc2105
16-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Thought Hibs were a completely different team in the second half yesterday
more of that and i will be happy

Don't think Nish has it to be a starter in the team maybe this is why hibs have this guy from holland on trial.

Allant1981
16-08-2010, 03:06 PM
i am defo not a nish fan but if he scores another 12? goals again this season then that will do for me. Hopefully though we sign another striker because apart from Stokes, Riordan and Nish we dont really have anyone proven at SPL level to come in and replace them if they cant play

Lmc2105
16-08-2010, 03:09 PM
i am defo not a nish fan but if he scores another 12? goals again this season then that will do for me. Hopefully though we sign another striker because apart from Stokes, Riordan and Nish we dont really have anyone proven at SPL level to come in and replace them if they cant play

yeah a agree with you but the thing that i don't understand yesterday as Nish wasn't havein one of his best games we were crying out for a winger and we have Galbraith who just doesn't seem to be getting his chance does anyone know if he is not match fit or something?
i think if we don't play the lad we are going to end up losing him.

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2010, 07:06 PM

If we win a hard away game and can still see where we can improve I think it's a good thing - if we had lost the complaints/points would've been lost in the middle of all the knee-jerk stuff.

I do agree with you here though - there's some guys who aren't good enough but I don't think there's any need to call them "clowns" or whatever else when getting the point over.

matty_f
16-08-2010, 07:24 PM
If we win a hard away game and can still see where we can improve I think it's a good thing - if we had lost the complaints/points would've been lost in the middle of all the knee-jerk stuff.

I do agree with you here though - there's some guys who aren't good enough but I don't think there's any need to call them "clowns" or whatever else when getting the point over.

:agree:

MrSmith
17-08-2010, 11:29 AM

It's a shame the thread went that way because I didn't start it with that intention nor would I berate a player in such fashion.

It was meant as a constructive thread although title could've been better and I do regret the 'Hibs class' sentiment!

Expecting Rain
17-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Hogg,Rankin and Nish would be better somewhere else, hopefully other managers will see in them what some of our fans see and take them of our hands.

herdy
17-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Yogi's first decision as manager at hibs was his first mistake, appointing hogg captain. He's not quite good enough to really be a player at hibs never mind club captain.

Nish just doesn't cut it.

C'mon yogi open yer eyes big man !!

No usually like this but...Hogg and Nish are just no cutting it at Hibs at all!