PDA

View Full Version : New Rules downsouth and not here

steviecarnie
15-08-2010, 11:11 AM
i see that in the EPL injured players no longer need to leave the field after having treatment. should this be reintroduced here? because as stated for the reason the epl has introduced it is because, the team who has the injured player is at a disadvantage.

SidBurns
15-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I doubt this is the case, it would be against the FIFA Laws of the Game. There have been changes to the rule but not in this case.

steviecarnie
15-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I doubt this is the case, it would be against the FIFA Laws of the Game. There have been changes to the rule but not in this case.

the rule has changed in the EPL (skysports news had a feature on this the other day)

delbert
15-08-2010, 11:43 AM
There are certain exceptions to the rule, ie a goalkeeper who has treatment does'nt have to leave, nor does a goalkeeper and an opposition player when they collide and also receive treatment. This has now been extended to players from the same team colliding and requiring treatment, in such a case both stay on, because it is thought that to reduce a team to 9 men, even for a few seconds could be thought of as too much of a problem for a team to cope with.

H18sry
15-08-2010, 11:56 AM
the rule has changed in the EPL (skysports news had a feature on this the other day)

It was mentioned on the Man City Spurs match yesterday that if a player from both teams have treatment at the same time nobody has to leave the field of play :wink:

dumfries hibby
15-08-2010, 02:41 PM
i see that in the EPL injured players no longer need to leave the field after having treatment. should this be reintroduced here? because as stated for the reason the epl has introduced it is because, the team who has the injured player is at a disadvantage.

I dont fancy it up hear , was at the stadiumn of light yesterday to see sunderland
v brum Garry oconner got injured and it seemed like an age for the game to start , however if its a head knock or something like that i can see the point ,but think it can balance its self out for both teams , dont think we need to change it just my thoughts

Kaiser1962
15-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Most guys who leave the field under this rule usuallt return seconds later bounding around like a gazelle on speed. There are unfortunate souls who are genuinely injured but the cynic in me says that most are at it. With minutes to go it's 99% of the team thats winning's players who go down injured.