PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Motherwell 2 v Hibs 3 - FT

Pages : 1 2 [3]

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 01:04 PM
for once yogi takes striker off and put defender on to hold on to our lead ... :cool2:

Does that mean he had a plan B?

zlatan
15-08-2010, 01:04 PM
£25 on Hibs to win the treble, might as well pay up now bookies.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Shocking 1st half, much better 2nd. Good 3 points to start the season.

Dunbar Hibee
15-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Just about had kittens that last 10 minutes!!:grr: Good result Hibs, much better performance in the 2nd half, good to see some passion from them and Deek and Stokesy combining very well:thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
15-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Deeks, Bamba excellent throughout. Miller, Stokes: magnificent second half.

Dunbar Hibee
15-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Deeks, Bamba excellent throughout. Miller, Stokes: magnificent second half.

:agree: Thought McBride played well too and Stack looked comfortable.

Westie1875
15-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Craig Broon's not happy with Hanlon's goal :greengrin :bye:

Bristolhibby
15-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Craig Broon's not happy with Hanlon's goal :greengrin :bye:

Ahh well theme the breaks paw Broon.

J

bighairyfaeleith
15-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Well I have to say, well done yogi and the boys, great result. Lots of analysis needs to be done as motherwell had us under the cosh for a lot of the game but a win is a win. Now for rangers:wink:

Calvin
15-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Really glad I went. Was fearing the worst after their opener but there was a lot to be positive about there. I'll post further thoughts when I get home but I'm quite satisfied with a lot of our players.

Was surprised to see Sean Hughes at the game!

sesoim
15-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Much better second half. Now if we can just stick to a Rioirdan and Stokes up front, play four in midfield (add Murray, Wotherspoon and/or Zemmama, NOT Rankin) and sign a LB and CB, we can finish 3rd.

On the other hand, Hughes is still in charge :brickwall

Rory89
15-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Paul Hanlon - Paul Handlin' :greengrin

This will of course never happen, but Nish should be dropped against der hun. Stokes and Riordan linked up well but he's just a useless huddy, nearly cost us the 3 points.

ScottB
15-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Paul Hanlon - Paul Handlin' :greengrin

This will of course never happen, but Nish should be dropped against der hun. Stokes and Riordan linked up well but he's just a useless huddy, nearly cost us the 3 points.

He should be dropped against Rangers as 4-3-3 against them isn't a good plan, and neither is leaving ourselves with no attacking options on the bench.

hibiedude
15-08-2010, 01:31 PM
We had better chances than them in the 1st half, they had more of the ball but Stack never had a save to make all game. We deserved that win, and if it had not been for Nish, it would have been a lot easier.

Out classed by a country mile first half- no shape or formation and a captain that was rank rotten 1st half and didn't improve much 2nd.

The word lucky springs to mind

Storar
15-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Really glad I went. Was fearing the worst after their opener but there was a lot to be positive about there. I'll post further thoughts when I get home but I'm quite satisfied with a lot of our players.

Was surprised to see Sean Hughes at the game!

He goes to some of the games with a poster on here when he's up for the festival. I think they are secretly in a relationship (as does the posters mother) but they strongly deny it:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
15-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Ahh well theme the breaks paw Broon.

J

Didn't catch the game so can't comment on performance .
Were not renowned for opening games nor away games so I'll take the fact we won as a big plus whilst keeping an open mind on the future

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Out classed by a country mile first half- no shape or formation and a captain that was rank rotten 1st half and didn't improve much 2nd.

The word lucky springs to mind

Lucky? How many saves did Stack have to make compared to the Motherwell keeper?

holyrood hibbie
15-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Been stuck at work, and my boss went it's 3-2 to the cabbage. Quite simply put, the wee pub tem from Edinburgh have got off to flier. Great to see Yogi got tactics right, Hogg saved us at the end and Hanlon saved us at the end. Keep it up Hibs, Rangers next week, CIS Cup in Mrch, League and Scottish Cup in My, that will be good for us and the pub team will be flying, (8) The Yogi's Bears, Hibernian's the name (8)

Toaods
15-08-2010, 01:47 PM

it's only a save if you move.....:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 02:23 PM
FFS Hibs won 3-2..........

Can we not just enjoy the 3 points.......

Much better in second half..... Great win.....

skipster7
15-08-2010, 02:28 PM

:top marksi watched in the pub and yes well were the better team first half, but in the second we upped it and looked like scoring with almost every attack.WELL DONE YOGI AND THE BOYS !!!!

jgl07
15-08-2010, 02:30 PM
According to the BBC stats Hibs and Well both had eight shots on target. I agree that the Motherwell goalkeeper had some real saves to make. Stack had very little to do by comparison.

Baw Baggio
15-08-2010, 02:32 PM
The first half performance wasn't as bad as people are making out, we had the best chances.

Second half performance was the best we've played in a long time :thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
15-08-2010, 02:33 PM

:agree: Best post iv seen from you.:wink:

Sammy7nil
15-08-2010, 02:36 PM
The first half performance wasn't as bad as people are making out, we had the best chances.

Oh it was every bit as bad as suggested on here :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2010, 02:40 PM
:agree: Best post iv seen from you.:wink:

chucks :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 02:41 PM

:agree:

.Whitey.
15-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Well done lads! http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

3 points - good result - :greengrin

*Please YOGI - DONT PLAY NISH against the huns or anyone else for tht matter*

skipster7
15-08-2010, 03:06 PM
We won but the headers from crosses that miss will start hitting :agree:We need a goalie,RB,LB,Murray as captain,Hogg emptied,and even without a manager we should do OK..

?:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2010, 03:17 PM
We won but the headers from crosses that miss will start hitting :agree:We need a goalie,RB,LB,Murray as captain,Hogg emptied,and even without a manager we should do OK..

So headers that are missing the target will suddenly start deviating towards goal? Motherwell will be one of our main competitors for Europe this season, and we pumped them. Some of the chances we missed will start to go in too. :bitchy:

Phil MaGlass
15-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Well done Hibs, lets try and build on this for the buns game.
Didnae expect us to win and when we went 1-0 doon thought it was all over. Great being proved wrong.

skipster7
15-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Well done lads! http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

3 points - good result - :greengrin

*Please YOGI - DONT PLAY NISH against the huns or anyone else for tht matter*
:greengrin
i know the huns are poor, but if we dont play anyone against them the best we can hope for is a 0-3:cool2:

Houchy
15-08-2010, 03:38 PM

If we can keep that up for the rest of the season, we'll do well.

Possibly the best football since we beat Hamilton 5-1 at ER last year. or when we went 6-2 up against 'Well in the penultimate game last season. IMHO anyway.:agree:

whiskyhibby
15-08-2010, 03:52 PM
?:bitchy:

I think the OP has a pink agenda as there is someone with a similar nom de plume who either posts on keekback or on EEN with a jamtastic outlook

Phil MaGlass
15-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I think the OP has a pink agenda as there is someone with a similar nom de plume who either posts on keekback or on EEN with a jamtastic outlook

do you mean name of a plum, ma French isnae that guid. Eithers ma english fir that matter

cad
15-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Great three points after a terrible first half .
Stokes and Deek were the difference IMO
.Bamba , Miller , and McBride did a shift in the second half as for Nish and Hogg well enoughs been said.
A couple of players on loan would help the cause ,if not 1st half performances like that will have you with no nails a heart condition , and a drink problem