PDA

View Full Version : NHC Man United Sign Player from Homeless Shelter

Future17
14-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Well, just about! :greengrin

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously but i'm just back from my hols!

Man United have paid a reported £7m for a player nicknamed Bebe from Vitoria in Portugal. He had only been with Vitoria for 5 weeks having signed from a Portuguese 3rd division team whom he joined in summer 2009. Prior to that he had been living in a Lisbon homeless shelter.

More info here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8906798.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/08/the_amazing_rise_of_man_utds_b.html#243377

Pretty Boy
14-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Good luck to the guy.

Obviously had a tough time so if he has the chance to make a success of himself then he has my best wishes.

Hibercelona
14-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Thats bloomin radge! The boy must be massively gifted.

Good luck to him! :agree:

Ed De Gramo
14-08-2010, 08:05 PM

Man United have paid a reported £7m for a player nicknamed Bebe from Vitoria in Portugal. He had only been with Vitoria for 5 weeks having signed from a Portuguese 3rd division team whom he joined in summer 2009. Prior to that he had been living in a Lisbon homeless shelter.

More info here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/08/the_amazing_rise_of_man_utds_b.html#243377

8 strikers on the books at Man Utd....

We'll take Owen on loan please :greengrin

Pretty Boy
14-08-2010, 08:14 PM
8 strikers on the books at Man Utd....

We'll take Owen on loan please :greengrin

In place of Nish???????

Someones obviously had a few tonight. Owens not Hibs class.

Mark79
14-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Hughes should take himself up the grassmarket to that salvation army place and have a gander. Surely be able to get someone from their in a swap deal for Nish.

marinello59
14-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Hughes should take himself up the grassmarket to that salvation army place and have a gander. Surely be able to get someone from their in a swap deal for Nish.

Maybe he could swap one of our supporters who never miss the chance to slag off one of our own players for one willing to get behind the team.

Hibeebob
14-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Ooooh

(Hands on the chin waving the fingers smillie)

iwasthere1972
14-08-2010, 10:58 PM

More info here:

So what's the Big Issue?

Kevvy1875
14-08-2010, 11:00 PM
So the guy is a Hobo which means......he should be with?

Hibs On Tour
14-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Maybe he could swap one of our supporters who never miss the chance to slag off one of our own players for one willing to get behind the team.

Yip - one of the top 10 SPL scorers yet he's not good enough for us it seems... some of the nonsense on here beggars belief sometimes. Nish ain't a world-beater but he doesn't try to paint himself as such - he's an honest player who does a turn for us and will get us 8-10 goals a season every year. And he DOES play for the shirt...

Mark79
15-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Yip - one of the top 10 SPL scorers yet he's not good enough for us it seems... some of the nonsense on here beggars belief sometimes. Nish ain't a world-beater but he doesn't try to paint himself as such - he's an honest player who does a turn for us and will get us 8-10 goals a season every year. And he DOES play for the shirt...

My opinion is that he is murder. Usual response on here that anyone with a differing opinion is slated. Bit of Tongue and cheek about an ex homeless guy and nish and your knickers are all moist at the thought you can stick up for him.:confused

Sandy
15-08-2010, 07:53 AM
My opinion is that he is murder. Usual response on here that anyone with a differing opinion is slated. Bit of Tongue and cheek about an ex homeless guy and nish and your knickers are all moist at the thought you can stick up for him.:confused

I think what people are suggesting is that you STFU and keep your opinion to yourself :greengrin

marinello59
15-08-2010, 08:02 AM

Differing opinion? Aye, right enough, you are standing alone when it comes to slagging off Nish :faf:

HFC 0-7
15-08-2010, 08:45 AM

So what if he is an honest player, if Hibs want to move forward and be a better team then they need to get shot of Nish. I hear people on here saying he isnt a target man and thats why he looks bad cause we play him like that. Well if he isnt a target man what is he? an out and out goal scorer? Dont think so!

In the last 10 years Nish has never been in the top 12 in terms of shots on goal, and bearing in mind if he isnt a target man and not particularly good in the air, why do we need him if we have Stokes and Riordan? Squad player possibly but to fill the gap that hibs have up front is a target man.

As to your claim he is an SPL top ten goal scorer, only once in the last 10 years has he been in that bracket! The period he was in the top 10 was when he was with kilmarnock in the 2006/07 season.

bighairyfaeleith
15-08-2010, 08:50 AM

well said:top marks

Hibs On Tour
15-08-2010, 08:50 AM

What. Ever.

None of this 'differing opinion slated' pish - differing opinions is the point of this board after all - nor any trace of moistness. FWIW yes he is 'limited' compared to our other strikers but he is a valuable squad player - never said he was anything more than that. Neither did I say that having Nish meant we don't need to get a proper target man in. Its not black or white - its not one thing or the other and it pisses me off that people try to sell it as such.

However...

Nish is in the top 10 SPL scorers - FACT.

Facts will always trump opinions.

GGTTH :greengrin

HFC 0-7
15-08-2010, 09:09 AM
What. Ever.

None of this 'differing opinion slated' pish - differing opinions is the point of this board after all - nor any trace of moistness. FWIW yes he is 'limited' compared to our other strikers but he is a valuable squad player - never said he was anything more than that. Neither did I say that having Nish meant we don't need to get a proper target man in. Its not black or white - its not one thing or the other and it pisses me off that people try to sell it as such.

However...

Nish is in the top 10 SPL scorers - FACT.

Facts will always trump opinions.

GGTTH :greengrin

Only because he has played in the SPL for ages. Look at the SPL top goalscorer leagues season by season you will see his name only appear once in the last 10 years. He is only in the overall one because there arent that many players play in the SPl for 10 years or so. The figures you are looking at are silly for what you are trying to debate. If a player plays one season in the SPL and scores 10 and Nish plays 3 seasons and scores 11, does that make him a better player? Have a word!

A better stats to see how good a striker is, is strike rate. Colin Nish is not in the top ten for strike rate as his strike rate is 3.66, players like stokes are on 1.51 and riordan on 2.57. Interestingly John Sutton has a strike rate of 2.33, now he wouldnt be a bad signing IMO.

Hibs On Tour
15-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Only because he has played in the SPL for ages. Look at the SPL top goalscorer leagues season by season you will see his name only appear once in the last 10 years. He is only in the overall one because there arent that many players play in the SPl for 10 years or so. The figures you are looking at are silly for what you are trying to debate. If a player plays one season in the SPL and scores 10 and Nish plays 3 seasons and scores 11, does that make him a better player? Have a word!

A better stats to see how good a striker is, is strike rate. Colin Nish is not in the top ten for strike rate as his strike rate is 3.66, players like stokes are on 1.51 and riordan on 2.57. Interestingly John Sutton has a strike rate of 2.33, now he wouldnt be a bad signing IMO.

No trying to debate anything as there is no middle ground here - you think he's pish and I think for all his failings he does a job for us. Hey ho...

3pm
15-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Sauzee 4 - You are a disgrace. I'd hate to sit next to you with opinions like that. Next, you'll be wanting to marry my sister. Prick!

glow1875
15-08-2010, 10:05 PM
hibs.net is turning into some bizarre game of chinese whispers, whereby it starts of on one topic and by the end of the thread, whatever it is, people are debating colin nish.

Future17
16-08-2010, 09:35 AM
hibs.net is turning into some bizarre game of chinese whispers, whereby it starts of on one topic and by the end of the thread, whatever it is, people are debating colin nish.

Was thinking the same thing. Did anybody hear about some boy Man United have signed from Portugal? :greengrin

Ritchie
16-08-2010, 09:37 AM

did scotland not win the homeless world cup a coupld of years ago??

get them signed! :agree:

PETRIE!!:grr: