PDA

View Full Version : NHC Fletcher Scores

Kevvy1875
14-08-2010, 04:24 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8902043.stm

Pity he never got a kick of the ball for Scotland the other night but nice to see him scoring his first competitive goal for Wolves.

Liam89
14-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Wolves fans say he played fantastic but had his leg in a crutch at the end of the game from a challenge in the first half but, he played for a bit in the second half so hopefully its just a cast to reduce swelling or something.

TheGreenMan
14-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Heard Paul Merson saying today before the game, when comparing the new signings for Wolves and Stoke - Fletcher & Jones - that Jones was the much better deal and he could see Jones scoring double what Fletcher will this season.

Fletch 1 - 0 Jones

**** Paul Merson...Cockney ****:agree:

Mon the Fletch :thumbsup:

Although we made about £4m total after this sell on - I do think we could have got a much better deal when you see what McGeady is getting sold for. Fletcher is probably the best all round player we have brought through and one that some probably didnt fully appreciate when he was here. It was just unfortunate for him that he had to endure the service of the likes of Rankin, Keenan, Chisolm et al in his last season.

Hopefully he moves on to the top end of the Premiership in a year or two as when you see Everton signing Beckford and Heskey at Villa - I think Fletch would outscore the likes of them every season.

Cocaine&Caviar
14-08-2010, 06:00 PM
http://www.skysports.com/gallery/detail/0,20501,12739_6311454,00.html#photo=17

look at that hair line...

Musselbound
14-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I watched this match today and believe me Fletcher was absolutely terrific. Here's a selection of comments from a Wolves forum this evening:

Very very pleased. Fletcher just oozes class everytime he's on the ball and that bit of skill before he unleashed a shot in the first half was sublime.

What a player Steven Fletcher, some of his touches were unbelievable.

Fletcher was immense while he was on the pitch.

Left the ground on crutches, but Mick has said he's just got a knock on the foot and will be fine. Will wait and see on that one. Quality performance though, brilliant close control.

What a good debut he had today. Technically superb and he can turn on a sixpence, in fact that's how he got kicked in the first place, too good for the player who nobbled him.

Quality player and he'll be brilliant for us.

Treat him like he's made of glass. He's that good.

Hope it's not serious he was fantastic today, his touch and awareness is second to none.

Can't wait to see Doyle and Fletcher properly. Hope Doyle's fit for Everton.

A silky 'in the hole' striker.

thebakerboy
14-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Watching Wolves on football first and Steven fletcher was just superb , shots , flicks , turns , assists , best I've seen him play.:greengrin

Onceinawhile
14-08-2010, 10:39 PM
tried a shot with his right foot!:confused:

ForeverHibs93
14-08-2010, 10:41 PM
I could be wrong but was it not Christophe Berra's shot going in:tee hee:?

random sub
14-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Remember folk on here saying Fletch wouldn't make it in the premiership and that 2 million would be a steal and all that kind of stuff. 12 goals with Burnely last season and off to a good start this- well done for proving some Hibs net never know a player types wrong Fletch:wink:

Musselbound
14-08-2010, 11:17 PM
I could be wrong but was it not Christophe Berra's shot going in:tee hee:?

It was Berra. Quite a big deflection on it and what is notable with Fletcher now is that he also seems to be getting into good positions to finish things off in the six yard box. His link up play today really was a joy to watch and he hardly put a foot wrong (even the right one).:agree: