PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scott Brown Fit Again

bathhibby
14-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Yet again an O/F player crys off from International duty but is miraculously fit enough to play to-day

The_Horde
14-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Thank the lord, goin by his performance so far in this match.

Diclonius
14-08-2010, 11:50 AM
He should be banned from the national team for six months. Levein needs to set a precedent.

Lofarl
14-08-2010, 12:15 PM
No chance levein will omit broon or any OF player for doing just that. Why a OF player would need to do something really daft like get steaming drunk a few days before a qualifier, then do obscene gestures to cameras. But that's just pure fantasy as our proud national players would never do such a thing

hibiedude
14-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Brown has been AWOL first half

Lennon should replace him 2nd half

A stick on to be booked because he'll start to lose the head because he hasn't been in this game at any stage.

givescotlandfreedom
14-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Potter doesn't have the nuts to do anything about it. Remember how angry he was about old firm refereeing bias in the GFA? He got awfy quiet when he was bought.

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Yet again an O/F player crys off from International duty but is miraculously fit enough to play to-day

Maybe the players thought the timing of the friendly was wrong?:confused:

MSK
14-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Maybe the players thought the timing of the friendly was wrong?:confused:Not up to the players though is it ..i thought it was up to the Management ...wonder if Marshall played for Cardiff today ...

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Not up to the players though is it ..i thought it was up to the Management ...wonder if Marshall played for Cardiff today ...

Not sure about Marshall in goals.......

With these friendlies is it not about trying other players in positions to see if the ycan produce at that level?

Sir David Gray
14-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Not up to the players though is it ..i thought it was up to the Management ...wonder if Marshall played for Cardiff today ...

He did.

MSK
14-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Not sure about Marshall in goals.......

With these friendlies is it not about trying other players in positions to see if the ycan produce at that level?I dunno mate, i thought he wanted his experienced players & the players you suggest to appear, too often we have had unwanted or needless call-offs from players much to the detriment of the team/nation etc ..

He did.Wonder if Levein will ban him then ...or choke on his own words when sprawled over the SFA table whilst getting his knackers felt...:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I dunno mate, i thought he wanted his experienced players & the players you suggest to appear, too often we have had unwanted or needless call-offs from players much to the detriment of the team/nation etc ..

Wonder if Levein will ban him then ...or choke on his own words when sprawled over the SFA table whilst getting his knackers felt...:agree:

He did say he would ban Marshall if he turn out for Cardiff....

Has Levein got the nerve to carry it out?:confused:

H18sry
14-08-2010, 04:37 PM

Has Levein got the nerve to carry it out?:confused:

That was for the midweek carling cup tie not todays game :dummytit:

Also on the same subject Dorrans from WBA called off the friendly only to play tonight :wink:

MSK
14-08-2010, 04:37 PM

Has Levein got the nerve to carry it out?:confused:Will be interesting ...i cant say i agree with it ..simply because there will be rules for some (we know who) & rules for others ...if he does then he has to do it across the board ..does he have the bottle..?...i doubt it ..

Thing is too though ..he cant just go about threatening players wi never playing for the country again ..we dont have enough players to do that wi ..:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2010, 04:40 PM

Also on the same subject Dorrans from WBA called off the friendly only to play tonight :wink:

Well not sure of the rulings if any, but can an imposed ban occur if a player pulls out then plays for their club side?? Not sure if any action can be taken, after all the clubs pay the players wages after all..

MSK
14-08-2010, 04:40 PM

Also on the same subject Dorrans from WBA called off the friendly only to play tonight :wink:Dont know what the :dummytit: reference was for but anyway ..your a tartan army footsoldier ..what do you think of Leveins "stance" on this...?

Frazerbob
14-08-2010, 04:53 PM
AFAIK Scott Brown travelled and trained with the Scotland squad and it was decided by the SFA medical team that he shouldn't play. He remained with the squad and even commented on the game for Radio Scotland. It was not as if he just couldn't be arsed traveling (like Garry O'Connor who went on the bevvy rather than go with the squad to Georgia IIRC).

David Marshall was agian sent home by the SFA team doctor and told not to play in Cardiff's Carling Cup game the same night as the Scotland game.

I am no fan of Scott Brown however he and Marshall ca not be accused of any under hand behaviour on this occasion.

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2010, 04:56 PM
AFAIK Scott Brown travelled and trained with the Scotland squad and it was decided by the SFA medical team that he shouldn't play. He remained with the squad and even commented on the game for Radio Scotland. It was not as if he just couldn't be arsed traveling (like Garry O'Connor who went on the bevvy rather than go with the squad to Georgia IIRC).

David Marshall was agian sent home by the SFA team doctor and told not to play in Cardiff's Carling Cup game the same night as the Scotland game.

I am no fan of Scott Brown however he and Marshall ca not be accused of any under hand behaviour on this occasion.

Well that is the explanation I needed, cheers Fraser....

H18sry
14-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Well not sure of the rulings if any, but can an imposed ban occur if a player pulls out then plays for their club side?? Not sure if any action can be taken, after all the clubs pay the players wages after all..
Cardiff City asked the Scotland manager to release Marshall Levein said no, Marshall then pulls out with an elbow injury, Levein then tells Marshall that if he plays in the Carling cup on the same night as our game in Sweden that he will not play for Scotland again so therefor the action is between the SFA and the player, the same way Burley banned Ferguson and McGregor

Dont know what the :dummytit: reference was for but anyway ..your a tartan army footsoldier ..what do you think of Leveins "stance" on this...?

My thoughts if a player pulls out of an International squad to play a club match on the same night, is the same as the managers, these are International dates and clubs have to release players on International dates.

The reason for the :dummytit: is, as a poster I can put a smiley where ever I like or is that against your rules:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2010, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;2544601]Cardiff City asked the Scotland manager to release Marshall Levein said no, Marshall then pulls out with an elbow injury, Levein then tells Marshall that if he plays in the Carling cup on the same night as our game in Sweden that he will not play for Scotland again so therefor the action is between the SFA and the player, the same way Burley banned Ferguson and McGregor

So do the SFA have the power to ban a player guilty of pulling out with injury, only to play for club side?

Would have thought it would be a legal minefield in terms of proving the player was injured for the national game.........

Frazerbob
14-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Cardiff City asked the Scotland manager to release Marshall Levein said no, Marshall then pulls out with an elbow injury, Levein then tells Marshall that if he plays in the Carling cup on the same night as our game in Sweden that he will not play for Scotland again so therefor the action is between the SFA and the player, the same way Burley banned Ferguson and McGregor

All corect except Marshall was withdrawn by the SFA team doctor. That is the crucial fact that means he wasn't "at it" IMO.

H18sry
14-08-2010, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;2544601]Cardiff City asked the Scotland manager to release Marshall Levein said no, Marshall then pulls out with an elbow injury, Levein then tells Marshall that if he plays in the Carling cup on the same night as our game in Sweden that he will not play for Scotland again so therefor the action is between the SFA and the player, the same way Burley banned Ferguson and McGregor

So do the SFA have the power to ban a player guilty of pulling out with injury, only to play for club side?

Would have thought it would be a legal minefield in terms of proving the player was injured for the national game.........

It boils down to the fact that the club game was on the same night,so if you declare yourself unfit for International football surely you must be unfit for club football.

H18sry
14-08-2010, 05:13 PM
All corect except Marshall was withdrawn by the SFA team doctor. That is the crucial fact that means he wasn't "at it" IMO.

I have no doubt he wasn't at it :wink:

MSK
14-08-2010, 05:14 PM

My thoughts if a player pulls out of an International squad to play a club match on the same night, is the same as the managers, these are International dates and clubs have to release players on International dates.

The reason for the :dummytit: is, as a poster I can put a smiley where ever I like or is that against your rules:rolleyes:No a very good reason but hey ..as a poster ..i can use smilies too ..:asshole:

.Sean.

Wrong. He left the Scotland squad to spend time with his family after his sister had attemted suicide.

Baldy Foghorn
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;2544605]

It boils down to the fact that the club game was on the same night,so if you declare yourself unfit for International football surely you must be unfit for club football.

I was thinking more about midweek international, then playing for club at weekend.....

I understand if match is on same night, it would be unnacceptable to pull out of international squad, to play for club, but this is a rarish occurrence is it not, of club games and international games taking place on same night?

H18sry
14-08-2010, 05:20 PM
No a very good reason but hey ..as a poster ..i can use smilies too ..:asshole:

But the difference is if I think your an :asshole: thats fine but if I call you an :asshole: as an admin you can ban me, so I wont call you an :asshole:, but it doesn't stop me thinking that your an :asshole:

H18sry
14-08-2010, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;2544609]

I was thinking more about midweek international, then playing for club at weekend.....

I understand if match is on same night, it would be unnacceptable to pull out of international squad, to play for club, but this is a rarish occurrence is it not, of club games and international games taking place on same night?

With it being an international friendly the English championship held games the same night, it sometimes happens on International qualifing nights as well as top International team rarely call up players from lower division, but AFAIK if you have a certain number of players called up you can ask for your game to be postponed.

MSK
14-08-2010, 05:27 PM
But the difference is if I think your an :asshole: thats fine but if I call you an :asshole: as an admin you can ban me, so I wont call you an :asshole:, but it doesn't stop me thinking that your an :asshole:Good ..were agreed on something then eh ..

ancienthibby
14-08-2010, 05:27 PM

And Graham Dorrans also withdrew from the Scotland squad and yet played for West Brom today!

What's your point, caller:bye::bye::bye:

H18sry
14-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Good ..were agreed on something then eh ..

:confused: what you think your an :asshole: aswell cool :faf:

MSK
14-08-2010, 05:32 PM
And Graham Dorrans also withdrew from the Scotland squad and yet played for West Brom today!

What's your point, caller:bye::bye::bye:Why all the sarcasm..?...a few questions asked & the "tartan army" get all precious ...:confused:....

Levein is the one who has called the shots ..he is the one who has threatened players with expulsion so why all the negativity on here when a question is asked ..?

MSK
14-08-2010, 05:33 PM
:confused: what you think your an :asshole: aswell cool :faf:Ronnie..you been on the peeve ..?...i would quit whilst you are ahead mate ...

H18sry
14-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Ronnie..you been on the peeve ..?...i would quit whilst you are ahead mate ...

not yet :devil:

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2010, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;2544614]

With it being an international friendly the English championship held games the same night, it sometimes happens on International qualifing nights as well as top International team rarely call up players from lower division, but AFAIK if you have a certain number of players called up you can ask for your game to be postponed.

Yes I suppose I have noticed games like East Fife vs Montrose on the same night as Scotland games, so it must happen......

What is the answer then? No club games on same date as internationals?

MSK
14-08-2010, 05:39 PM
not yet :devil:Act yer ****ing age then ...:blah:

H18sry
14-08-2010, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;2544620]

Yes I suppose I have noticed games like East Fife vs Montrose on the same night as Scotland games, so it must happen......

What is the answer then? No club games on same date as internationals?

That could be an answer, but in the English Championship they have a 24 team league and cup competitions so I expect they need all the midweek help they can get, so I dont think it would be feasible.

MSK
14-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Quotes are a bit wonky ..thats Ronnie's fault ...:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2010, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;2544628]

That could be an answer, but in the English Championship they have a 24 team league and cup competitions so I expect they need all the midweek help they can get, so I dont think it would be feasible.

Do you think International friendlies are important?

H18sry
14-08-2010, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;2544635]

Do you think International friendlies are important?

They are as important as club friendlies, players need to get used to playing in certain formations and along side other players who they do not play with week in week out, so in that case yes they are important.

H18sry
14-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Quotes are a bit wonky ..thats Ronnie's fault ...:rolleyes:

I blame the beasties on your sig :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2010, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;2544638]

They are as important as club friendlies, players need to get used to playing in certain formations and along side other players who they do not play with week in week out, so in that case yes they are important.

I was thinking that formations could be worked upon when they meet up, but I suppose games together are important......

MSK
14-08-2010, 05:53 PM
I blame the beasties on your sig :wink:Defo been drinking mate ..theres only one Beastie ...:greengrin