PDA

View Full Version : Sky v ESPN v BT Vision v Council tele

big-mo
14-08-2010, 09:26 AM
How many on here have considered switching from Sky to BT Vision now that they are covering Sky Sports 1 & 2?

I have the full Sky package and it is costing a packet, but I had been looking at switching to BT Vision which is £6.99 for SS1 and £11.99 for SS1 & 2 with ESPN thrown in for free. However I have just checked the Sky schedule and it looks like they will only be showing SPL games on SS3 or SS4, a bit naughty if you ask me.

Or are you just happy to watch council tele’ and only seeing Hibs for five minutes at quarter to midnight on a Monday night on Sportscene?

There is however always Hibernian TV.

IWasThere2016
14-08-2010, 09:30 AM
SKY for me. I nip to the golf club for ESPN games.

bigstu
14-08-2010, 09:32 AM
sky have emailed me (& i suppose every other customer) to say that for my own good they are putting my bill up by £3 a month. they don't say 'sorry we're putting our price up', they give some crap about always looking to provide a better service for me & how it's within my interests for the bill to go up! i could buy a season ticket at old trafford for the money pay sky each month!

'Mon the Hibs
14-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Virgin Media :thumbsup::hi::halowitch::music::on toast!:redindian:

:slipper:

down-the-slope
14-08-2010, 09:33 AM
BT will give SKY some competition...but SKY are masters at moving the goal posts.....

Take HD...only possible via cable or Sat....so now they are moving SSN to HD....is this because there is vast benefit in seeing presenters in HD.....or because its means they can remove it from Freeview platform? :rolleyes:

H18sry
14-08-2010, 09:35 AM
sky have emailed me (& i suppose every other customer) to say that for my own good they are putting my bill up by £3 a month. they don't say 'sorry we're putting our price up', they give some crap about always looking to provide a better service for me & how it's within my interests for the bill to go up! i could buy a season ticket at old trafford for the money pay sky each month!

Aye but the cost of travel from Aberdeen will be a lot more than the cost of watching it in your house :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
14-08-2010, 09:42 AM
None. I'd rather give £30 a month to Romanov than Murdoch :cool2:

You get ESPN HD free with Virgin Media XL package. Shows EPL, SPL, Bundesliga, Serie A aswell as Dutch and Russian fitba.

In the days when free internet streaming is getting better by the season, it should be squeeky bum time for Sky. I reckon in the next 2 seasons we'll be watching HD Streams for gratis off the internet :thumbsup:

McD
14-08-2010, 09:45 AM
BT will give SKY some competition...but SKY are masters at moving the goal posts.....

Take HD...only possible via cable or Sat....so now they are moving SSN to HD....is this because there is vast benefit in seeing presenters in HD.....or because its means they can remove it from Freeview platform? :rolleyes:

BT are making a loss on every Sky Sports customer sale.

Winston Ingram
14-08-2010, 09:56 AM
You don't get all the games with BT vision. You'll find that Sky will move all the decent games across all 4 of their channels:agree:

luxjock
14-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I personally think SKY is still good value. It Does seem like a lot to pay per month but if you compare what you get now with HD/3D/SkyPlayer/SKY + etc and the number of channels compared to what you got on the old Analogue sky (About 30 channels) the price has not risen that much. I think it was abot £30 a month when they launched it 20 years ago.

jdships
14-08-2010, 10:34 AM
For most of us of retirement age they , Sky, Virgin ,ESPN et al are all too dear .so we rely on the BBC for highlights . So thanks to them !!

:boo hoo:

SlickShoes
14-08-2010, 10:38 AM
How much exactly are you guys paying for Sky?

I have BT vision and get Phone, top package broadband and BT Vision with some movies and ESPN all for £40. From the way it sounds you guys are paying that and more just for Sky TV?

I would get the BT vision sky stuff if it had SPL games but i will probably pass however at only £11 it is tempting!

priorparkhibby
14-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I left sky last year and got myself a freesat box,got a letter from sky the other day offering me all sports channels free for a year if i go back to them, i haven't missed sky but this is a very tempting offer.

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2010, 12:51 PM
i cant decide who i hate the most, skyTV, BT, or hertz, i've told the three of them to stick there prices where the sun dont shine :agree:

zlatan
14-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Got the free sky sports deal myself this morning. Still had all the gear and the card so one 5 minute phonecall later I had all the channels except the movies back for 24 quid.

ekhibee
14-08-2010, 05:38 PM
How many on here have considered switching from Sky to BT Vision now that they are covering Sky Sports 1 & 2?

I have the full Sky package and it is costing a packet, but I had been looking at switching to BT Vision which is £6.99 for SS1 and £11.99 for SS1 & 2 with ESPN thrown in for free. However I have just checked the Sky schedule and it looks like they will only be showing SPL games on SS3 or SS4, a bit naughty if you ask me.

Or are you just happy to watch council tele’ and only seeing Hibs for five minutes at quarter to midnight on a Monday night on Sportscene?

I've just been looking on the BT Vision website. It actually looks like a good deal, but what about the extra box, or the BT equivalent of multi-room? Cannae see any mention of that.

MJN1875
14-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Sky is the best, Virgin is better value for money. I get with Virgin Phone with unlimited landline calls to all UK, Internet (decent speed not sure what though), 2 boxes (One is recordable with 80hrs), all channels apart from movie and sports, free HD channels, free ESPN all for £60 a month. I wouldnt get that with Sky.

Ed De Gramo
14-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I watch Sky Sports on my iPhone.....also get everything on ESPN (except EPL matches) free on the iphone as well :thumbsup:

Other than that its just Freeview...

On a side note, why are Sky creamin' themselves about SSN leaving Freeview? Surely they will lose a lot of viewers? I know a few people that are a bit peeved off over the decision....

Hibercelona
14-08-2010, 07:48 PM
The internet gets paid for and I see no need to fork out for anything other than that. :cool2: