PDA

View Full Version : Praise indeed from that canute Preston...

hibs0666
14-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Hibs manager John Hughes has not had his troubles to seek. His side are out of Europe before the season has started, and problems with Sol Bamba not show for training have been made public.
However, he has the most talented squad outside the Old Firm, including goalscorers from all over the park, a superb stadium and a bigger pitch, which will help them make progress on the domestic front.

Also, the addition of Michael Hart, David Stephens and Edwin De Graaf to the talents of Derek Riordan, Colin Nish and Liam Miller makes Hibs a challenger for third place and other silverware. Hibs will hope to start the season as they did last year and the key man will be Anthony Stokes, with 21 league goals last season. I expect more of the same again from the natural finisher this year.

Sounds like Hughes had him by the testicles when he was writing that. :wink:

matty_f
14-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Hibs manager John Hughes has not had his troubles to seek. His side are out of Europe before the season has started, and problems with Sol Bamba not show for training have been made public.
However, he has the most talented squad outside the Old Firm, including goalscorers from all over the park, a superb stadium and a bigger pitch, which will help them make progress on the domestic front.

Also, the addition of Michael Hart, David Stephens and Edwin De Graaf to the talents of Derek Riordan, Colin Nish and Liam Miller makes Hibs a challenger for third place and other silverware. Hibs will hope to start the season as they did last year and the key man will be Anthony Stokes, with 21 league goals last season. I expect more of the same again from the natural finisher this year.

He's clearly at the wind-up, I mean Colin Nish??

RoYO!
14-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Plus stokes will be fully fit with a proper pre season. Hopefully he hits the
ground running:thumbsup:

snooky
14-08-2010, 09:24 AM

Somebody told me Preston is Yogi's cousin. Don't know if it's true or it was a wind up though.

The_Todd
14-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Building us up to knock us down. The man's a Yam fud. The end.

Musselbound
14-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Somebody told me Preston is Yogi's cousin. Don't know if it's true or it was a wind up though.

I'm pretty sure this is true having heard it mentioned on Radio Scotland in Preston's presence.

BEEJ
14-08-2010, 10:05 AM
I still expect to hear him over the airwaves this season reporting with squeaky, high-pitched excitement any goal conceded by Hibs.

The man has an unsavoury relish for any misfortune that comes our way and, whats worse, gets paid handsomely to make these views public.

Musselbound
14-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I still expect to hear him over the airwaves this season reporting with squeaky, high-pitched excitement any goal conceded by Hibs.

The man has an unsavoury relish for any misfortune that comes our way and, whats worse, gets paid handsomely to make these views public.

Regardless of him being Yogi's cousin I would agree with that. I think coming from a largely Hibs supporting family from Leith forces him to act more Jambo than the average Jambo. Yes, he is very annoying when commentating. However taken in another context, away from the hysteria of Swinie or ER, and talking about wider issues regarding the game, he comes across as reasonably knowledgeable and sensible when he is able to put his prejudices to one side.

That's the best I can say about him and probably more generous than the Yambo deserves.

IWasThere2016
14-08-2010, 12:25 PM
He is Yogi's cousin and a complete Jambo bell-end. Both of these statements are factual :agree:

Coco Bryce
14-08-2010, 12:27 PM

He is :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
14-08-2010, 04:57 PM
He is Yogi's cousin and a complete Jambo bell-end. Both of these statements are factual :agree:

Sorry, but he is not a jambo - that part is a myth. From a journalistic point of view it suits him to be labelled a jambo.

As has been documented here many times, he is a Hun (I played football with him from the age of 11 to 16, when he left to go full time with your team TQM - Dundee Utd !!!!!:wink:

He is a bell-end though, I will give you that!:agree: