PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 all time SPL goalscorers

glow1875
14-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Of the top 10 all time SPL goalscorers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Premier_League#Top_10_SPL_scorers), only 2 are still playing in the SPL.

We have them both - and one of them is Colin Nish. :greengrin

Incidentally, the other is 16/1 to finish top scorer this season with bet365, the same price as Kevin Kyle :cool2:

Hibstrooper
14-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Of the top 10 all time SPL goalscorers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Premier_League#Top_10_SPL_scorers), only 2 are still playing in the SPL.

We have them both - and one of them is Colin Nish. :greengrin

Incidentally, the other is 16/1 to finish top scorer this season with bet365, the same price as Kevin Kyle :cool2:

Hang on a sec, Colin "Pish" is on there, surely there has been a mistake as according to some he cannae finish his dinner :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
14-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Likely that Riordan will move into third on that list and Nish will move into sixth by the end of the season.

GGTTH!

Toaods
14-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Anyone know the ratio of goals to minutes played?

KWJ
14-08-2010, 10:40 AM
How many does Kenny Miller have, gotta be very close to that list.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm no lover of Celtc but i hate seeing Boyd ahead of Larsson on that list.

A fat, classless hun barsteward above one of the best players to play in our league in recent times.

Storar
14-08-2010, 11:05 AM

A fat, classless hun barsteward above one of the best players to play in our league in recent times.

Surely though that just goes to show how good a finisher Boyd is though.
I can't believe that some people moan on here that Deek doesn't get a call up for Scotland then claim that Boyd shouldn't be near the squad.

ScottB
14-08-2010, 11:07 AM
All credit to Nish for getting in there, he is the most recent addition in terms of when his career is shown to start (2003).

Shows the level of nonsense spouted on here about him frankly.

bighairyfaeleith
14-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I can't believe that some people moan on here that Deek doesn't get a call up for Scotland then claim that Boyd shouldn't be near the squad.

TBH I'll wait and see how he does down south first, I still reckon he's a big fish in a small pond type and will struggle down south against better opposition.

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2010, 11:09 AM

A fat, classless hun barsteward .

.. but one who is very, very good at his job.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2010, 11:14 AM

Boyd is very good at his job, theres no doubt about that and he most certainly deserves to be in the Scotland squad.

I don't have to like him though.:wink:

Musselbound
14-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Yes, I've quoted this fact a few times to those who say Nish is one of the worst strikers/players to pull on a Hibs jersey and suchlike. Amazing that his goals record is similar to Chris Sutton's over a similar time period! And better than Billy Dodds from 1998 to 2006.:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
14-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Agree about everything said about Boyd. However was it not the fact that at the time he spat the dummy for not getting picked for Scotland he was not getting picked for der hun.

ekhibee
14-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Although Boyd has scored more goals, and that's what this thread is about, to compare him in terms of skill with Larrsen is ridiculous, there is a massive gulf in class. Nish is in there, but then I would suppose McCoist is as well, and he was also nowhere near the most talented player in Scotland. But he scored goals frequently, that was his job, and he did it well.