PDA

View Full Version : NHC Milner to Man City - who is getting better deal?

Hibs On Tour
13-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Milner to Man City
Stephen Ireland plus £18m in the other direction

I'd be taking that all day long and twice on Sundays! Ireland has been one of their best and most consistant players for the past 2-3 years.

Milner, while very good and young, isn't £18m better than Ireland IMHO...

Jonnyboy
13-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Milner to Man City

I'd be taking that all day long and twice on Sundays! Ireland has been one of their best and most consistant players for the past 2-3 years.

I agree with you re Ireland - vastly under rated player IMO

The money they're paying for Milner just reinforces the fact that football has gone crazy in the last few years. Nobody is worth that kind of money but if clubs are daft enough to pay it .......

Gatecrasher
13-08-2010, 08:35 PM
im glad i support scottish football when i see the nick of the english prem just now, it stinks of greed and billionares playground, it will go tits up eventually

i think villa are getting the better deal

Winston Ingram
13-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Milner to Man City

He wasn't last year.

It's a great deal for Villa. I do think Milner is a better player but not £20m better.

If Milner continues improving at the rate he did last season they'll have a brilliant player. However, he excelled in a central role and with the player MC has signed he'll end up playing wide most probably and that improvement is unlikely

PISTOL1875
13-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Milner to Man City

Being a City fan , I can't believe Mancini is even contemplating this.. Villa are getting the better deal all ends up..

James Milner had a good season last year but he has done hee haw since he first made his debut for Leeds all those years ago.........

Hibs On Tour
13-08-2010, 08:45 PM
He wasn't last year.

It's a great deal for Villa. I do think Milner is a better player but not £20m better.

If Milner continues improving at the rate he did last season they'll have a brilliant player. However, he excelled in a central role and with the player MC has signed he'll end up playing wide most probably and that improvement is unlikely

Agree that last year was his worst of the past 3, the other 2 he was probably their player of the year both times though for me. Great vision, passing and the eye for the odd crucial goal too. Great deal for Villa. Take it that MON didn't think so however...

Agree also that Milner won't progress as much as he could at Man City...

heretoday
13-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Ireland has a tendency to disappear during games. He is also injury-prone. I see him as an subtle piece in a jigsaw rather than a grafter which may be what Villa will need this year.

It's still a good deal though as I don't consider Milner as good as he's cracked up to be.

Bookkeeper
13-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Aston Villa!

Baldy Foghorn
14-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Can't believe Milner played and scored for Villa today, with all the obvious unrest regarding the player.....