PDA

View Full Version : Media Riordan (Including BBC Interview)

Jim44
13-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Don't know if posted elsewhere, but just heard on Radio News that Riordan is looking to extend his contract at ER.

ancienthibby
13-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Don't know if posted elsewhere, but just heard on Radio News that Riordan is looking to extend his contract at ER.

Beeb radio have been saying that most of this afternoon and I've just heard it again at 4.37!!

Must be a lead for a later report on TV - can't see any other media stories on this.

PETRIE!!! GET THIS SORTED!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

vahibbie
13-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Better than a new signing:greengrin
Hopefully Rod's not going to be too hard to negotiate with.

lyonhibs
13-08-2010, 04:25 PM
this would be fantastic news, especially at the start of the season. GGTTH

PaulSmith
13-08-2010, 04:39 PM

He cant be i've been reading on here that Hibs are trying to force him out the door to recoup a transfer fee and wages that we paid to Celtic?

Jim44
13-08-2010, 04:52 PM
He cant be i've been reading on here that Hibs are trying to force him out the door to recoup a transfer fee and wages that we paid to Celtic?

Don't believe everything you read on this site. It's fact that the story was reported on BBc Newsdrive but whether there's any mileage in the story is open to debate.

Sas_The_Hibby
13-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Don't believe everything you read on this site. It's fact that the story was reported on BBc Newsdrive but whether there's any mileage in the story is open to debate.

WHAT!!! :confused::confused::confused:

:greengrin

degenerated
13-08-2010, 05:07 PM

i had resigned myself to hibs with only nish up front this season, didn't salford hibs tell us so

vahibbie
13-08-2010, 05:10 PM
i had resigned myself to hibs with only nish up front this season, didn't salford hibs tell us so

Apparently his source of bull***** thankfully appears to have dried up.

PaulSmith
13-08-2010, 05:52 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8913561.stm

KWJ
13-08-2010, 06:11 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8913561.stm

Why does the reporter not press him on the contract, just left at "It's my last year at Hibs".

WTF!!

down-the-slope
13-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Why does the reporter not press him on the contract, just left at "It's my last year at Hibs".

WTF!!

That - deliberate or not - sounded like running down his contract and then ofski

PaulSmith
13-08-2010, 06:31 PM
That - deliberate or not - sounded like running down his contract and then ofski

Another take. Brian McLauchlan of the BBC interviews Derek Riordan today, Brian asks him on camera about his contract situation and Derek replies that he's got a year left.

On the same day BBC Sports 'understands' that Derek Riordan is close to agreeing a new deal at Easter Road, where do you think that BBC Scotland Sport got that story? My own take is that Derek has answered the direct question from Brian in an offline interview.

KWJ
13-08-2010, 06:31 PM

I agree, shocking reporting though.

scoopyboy
13-08-2010, 06:36 PM
calling silverhibee, are you receiving?

where for art thou?

ChooseLife
13-08-2010, 06:40 PM
That's the impression I got, get him signed up pronto!

Jonnyboy
13-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I agree, shocking reporting though.

McLaughlin's a Jambo - need I say more :wink:

ballengeich
13-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I hope we can get him to extend his time here. He's one of the few SPL players who can do exciting and unpredictable things which make the game worth paying to watch.

marinello59
13-08-2010, 06:54 PM
McLaughlin's a Jambo - need I say more :wink:

Indeed you should. The word Jambo should always be followed with the word *******.:agree:

down-the-slope
13-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Another take. Brian McLauchlan of the BBC interviews Derek Riordan today, Brian asks him on camera about his contract situation and Derek replies that he's got a year left.

On the same day BBC Sports 'understands' that Derek Riordan is close to agreeing a new deal at Easter Road, where do you think that BBC Scotland Sport got that story? My own take is that Derek has answered the direct question from Brian in an offline interview.

But he did not say last year of contract..he said last year at hibs...quite different.

Although your second pont may :rolleyes: prove correct

PaulSmith
13-08-2010, 07:01 PM
But he did not say last year of contract..he said last year at hibs...quite different.

Although your second pont may :rolleyes: prove correct

Derek's way of speaking IMO

Jonnyboy
13-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Indeed you should. The word Jambo should always be followed with the word *******.:agree:

:greengrin

Beefster
13-08-2010, 07:13 PM

So was the BBC story that Riordan is looking to extend his contract or that he's close to agreeing a new deal?

Obviously, I'd rather that he was close to agreeing as him looking to extend his contract means hee-haw in the general scheme of things if he's looking for more than Hibs can give him.

Sergey
I've just played the video link...and then listened to it backwards.

Midway through (2 mins 28 secs to be precise), and amongst all the gobbledy-gook, Deeks clearly says "I pheckin' hate Hearts."

:thumbsup:

3pm
Sign him up. Every new house should have a few 'luxury' items.

Big Frank
13-08-2010, 07:20 PM
He deserves a contract which will tie him to Hibernian for the rest of his career.

Hibernian are in his blood. He's one of us. He scores goals.

:hnet:

greenlad
13-08-2010, 08:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8913355.stm

New article

Wotherspiniesta
13-08-2010, 08:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8913355.stm

New article

Please please please :notworthy:

Gatecrasher
13-08-2010, 08:53 PM
But the biggest problem is that he's played out wide. I'd love to see (Anthony) Stokes and Riordan playing as the two centre forwards because their understanding together is fabulous."

:top marks

silverhibee
13-08-2010, 09:33 PM
calling silverhibee, are you receiving?

where for art thou?

I think the bbc are making something out of nothing regarding this, they keep changing there story every few hours, maybe get another update from the bbc at midnight saying he has signed a new contract. :rolleyes:

snooky
13-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I think the bbc are making something out of nothing regarding this, they keep changing there story every few hours, maybe get another update from the bbc at midnight saying he has signed a new contract. :rolleyes:

Methinks this thread is "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea" - esque

:dunno:

The Harp Awakes
13-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Signing Deek up on an extended deal would be the perfect boost for the new season. IMO if Deek is keen to sign then it's a done deal

IWasThere2016
13-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Derek NEEDS an offer - for several reasons .. Namely to:

a) Assess his future earnings (as a parent that is essential)

b) Compare his value at ER and elsehwere

And, most importantly,

c) have a clear sign from Hibs that we want him to stay!

There is ONE Derek Riordan! :agree:

RickyS
13-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Derek NEEDS an offer - for several reasons .. Namely to:

a) Assess his future earnings (as a parent that is essential)

b) Compare his value at ER and elsehwere

And, most importantly,

c) have a clear sign from Hibs that we want him to stay!

There is ONE Derek Riordan! :agree:

what he said :top marks

CraigHibee
13-08-2010, 11:57 PM
would love to see deek sign an extension, was a bit worried with all the talk last season about him being fined for slating the pitch, had thoughts it might have peed him off and with 1 year left on his contract he could have walked away.

be delighted if its a done deal :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
14-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Eff me - just read ma post above! I'm pashed - started on the port before 9am on a golf day - and I STILL make sense! :greengrin

IWasThere2016
14-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Nite nite all! :greengrin

Davy Mac
14-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Agree with many of the posters but I also would like to add that this will send a clear message to the fans and other potential recruits that Hibs will be the ONLY place to be in the coming years ahead to challenge the old squirm.

Stadium, training facilities, quality of life, debt under control, no mad hatter in charge etc

Hopefully this will also set the upper benchmark in salary scales and improve staying levels rather than players always looking for their next move.

If this happens hopefully our rather lacklustre PR department might not whimper it but announce a major signing at Hibs!:greengrin

Let's keep our fingers crossed.