PDA

View Full Version : Broxburn v Dundee United

sleeping giant
12-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Dundee United are sending a team down to Broxburn on Sunday for the opening of Broxburns spanking new pitch and facilities :thumbsup:

Granted , it wont be an SPL starting eleven :greengrin

The new pitches are superb. Its the new astroturf (not sure what generation) and feels just like grass:thumbsup:

Seemingly cost nearly 2 million although most was funded through grants.

I've got a busy weekend:greengrin
Tourny on Saturday , Tourny on Sunday and a grand opening.

Anyone seen it or played there yet ?

Deek01
12-08-2010, 10:56 PM
going to be a good day !! :agree:

Andy Bee
12-08-2010, 11:12 PM
I took most of the timber in SG for the clubhouse/offices, tis indeed a cracking build, haven't seen it since the pitch was down though.

sleeping giant
12-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I took most of the timber in SG for the clubhouse/offices, tis indeed a cracking build, haven't seen it since the pitch was down though.

The piches look great. I was having a kickabout on them and its the mutts nuts:agree:
Compared to where they used to play , its luxury:greengrin It has a wee stand too.

sleeping giant
12-08-2010, 11:21 PM
going to be a good day !! :agree:

You going mate ?

Are you associated with Broxburn?

BroxburnHibee
13-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Might wander along J - what time does it start?

sleeping giant
13-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Kicks off at 3pm. Free entry and entertainment.

See Here (http://www.broxburnunited.org.uk/)

Jay
13-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Sounds fantastic SG. Cant wait to see it up and running. Wont make this weekend but I am sure scott will be playing there this season. Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Deek01
13-08-2010, 09:54 AM
ye, play with the 19's.

SquashedFrogg
13-08-2010, 09:56 AM
I'll be there on Sunday with our under 9's!

It's a great set-up and can only help our young stars of the future..

Although I'll possibly be nipping back and forth to the bowling club for regular updates from Fir Park!

sundo1875
13-08-2010, 10:12 AM
I played there on tuesday and the place is fantastic

sleeping giant
13-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Sounds fantastic SG. Cant wait to see it up and running. Wont make this weekend but I am sure scott will be playing there this season. Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

The players are very lucky to have such facilities :agree:

Training is much better already. Bits are sectioned off with cones all in place before the laddies arrive.
The coaches have all got new ideas to go with the new pitches:greengrin Its seems to have renewed their enthusiasm

My boy has changed position again. He was bored in goals last season and will now be a central midfielder again:greengrin

They were doing a wee routine on wednesday where everytime a goal was scored , they all moved one position clock wise. Great idea and they seemed to love it.

I love the bairns football:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
13-08-2010, 10:28 AM
I played there on tuesday and the place is fantastic

Did you win ?:greengrin

sleeping giant
13-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I'll be there on Sunday with our under 9's!

It's a great set-up and can only help our young stars of the future..

Although I'll possibly be nipping back and forth to the bowling club for regular updates from Fir Park!

Do you train on the pitches outside Livvies ground ?

Thats not too shabby either btw

Andy Bee
13-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Is your tourny on Saturday in Polbeth SG?

Jay
13-08-2010, 11:08 AM
The players are very lucky to have such facilities :agree:

Training is much better already. Bits are sectioned off with cones all in place before the laddies arrive.
The coaches have all got new ideas to go with the new pitches:greengrin Its seems to have renewed their enthusiasm

My boy has changed position again. He was bored in goals last season and will now be a central midfielder again:greengrin

They were doing a wee routine on wednesday where everytime a goal was scored , they all moved one position clock wise. Great idea and they seemed to love it.

I love the bairns football:thumbsup:

Me too and I am sure people think I am a stalker as I often watch teams I have nothing to do with play. I love the soccer sevens and miss it but it does get to the stage the boys need 11's - its a whole new ball game! Scotts replaying 97's this season and it already looks like its going to be hard work!

Andy Bee
13-08-2010, 11:20 AM
My boy has been out for several weeks with a broken arm and just found out we have a tourny tomorrow and he's playing. Dunno who's missed it more, me or him :agree:

sleeping giant
13-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Is your tourny on Saturday in Polbeth SG?

Its in Broxburn on the Saturday and another one in Linlithgow on the Sunday.