PDA

View Full Version : Game at Duns Tonight

Boris
12-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Young Hibs side - basically the U19's side I think - turned out at Duns tonight. A healthy crowd looked on on a sunny evening with Hibs winning 6-0, scoring 3 in each half. Scorers were (I think - apologies if I'm wrong) Caldwell 2, Crawford 2, Horribine & I can't remember lad's name even though wee Mick McGhee told me - sorry!).

Nice wee colour programme issued - could be said to be a bit steep at £1 for 4 pages but all in a good cause so no complaints.

BEEJ
12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Young Hibs side - basically the U19's side I think - turned out at Duns tonight. A healthy crowd looked on on a sunny evening with Hibs winning 6-0, scoring 3 in each half. Scorers were (I think - apologies if I'm wrong) Caldwell 2, Crawford 2, Horribine & I can't remember lad's name even though wee Mick McGhee told me - sorry!).

Nice wee colour programme issued - could be said to be a bit steep at £1 for 4 pages but all in a good cause so no complaints.
Any (cough) trialists on show masquerading under the name of Schlappen .... somethingorother?

Boris
12-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Any (cough) trialists on show masquerading under the name of Schlappen .... somethingorother?

Nope - no sign of herr slapntickle or any other trialist. Understand it was the club's usual U19 line-up.

BEEJ
12-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Nope - no sign of herr slapntickle or any other trialist. Understand it was the club's usual U19 line-up.
OK. :greengrin Thanks for the update.

sleeping giant
12-08-2010, 10:21 PM

You like your programmes Boris eh :greengrin

Cheers for the report:thumbsup:

Sloppy
12-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Did Bob play?

hibeeleicester
13-08-2010, 12:06 AM

Seems to be banging them in, anyone know anything about him?

berwickhibee
13-08-2010, 06:09 AM

think the other scorer was philip addison.

Boris
13-08-2010, 06:18 AM
You like your programmes Boris eh :greengrin

I do indeed & I appreciate the efforts went to by the committees at the smaller clubs to issue for these sort of games to provide the punters with a souvenir & record of the game & hopefully in the process making a few bob for their clubs. Full marks & thanks to the programme compilers at Craigroyston, Vale of Leithen & Duns this season for issuing. :top marks

cabbageandribs1875
13-08-2010, 08:44 AM
more importantly, did wee mike mcghee behave himself on the sidelines :dunno:

Speedway
13-08-2010, 08:46 AM

More importantly, why wasn't he preparing the Dons for their opening match?

Boris
13-08-2010, 09:22 AM

Aye - but only cos there was no bar facility there! Mind you, there was an ice cream van & his kipper was worse than a bairn's - i.e. covered in ice cream - by the time he'd fionished his cone:greengrin

SaulGoodman
13-08-2010, 09:31 AM
6-0. The Scottish cup is in the bag :thumbsup: :wink: