PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis Byrne - "Star in the making"

IWasThere2016
12-08-2010, 08:57 PM
So says Stevie Crawford (http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/3776/kurtis-byrne-is-an-east-fife-fc-star-in-the-making.html)

:thumbsup:

ps - Apologies if already posted

DH1875
12-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Not if you ask me.

Kyle A
12-08-2010, 09:01 PM
It takes billions of years for molecules of Hydrogen, floating around in space, to come together in sufficient mass to eventually coalesce into a protostar (the first stage)--it usually takes another event, such as the shockwave from a supernova, allowing gravity to come into play, for this to happen.

But that's only the beginning. Another 100,000 years or so later, when the protostar has gathered all the gas that it can, it becomes a very hot ball of gas called a T Tauri star. It still doesn't have enough mass, and hence pressure, to begin internal nuclear fusion, even though it can appear as bright as a regular star.

It's going to take gravity around another 100 million years to collapse the T Tauri to the point where it's core can begin nuclear fusion. This is the point at which you can say that the star is 'born'.

Hibernian Verse
12-08-2010, 09:06 PM
It takes billions of years for molecules of Hydrogen, floating around in space, to come together in sufficient mass to eventually coalesce into a protostar (the first stage)--it usually takes another event, such as the shockwave from a supernova, allowing gravity to come into play, for this to happen.

But that's only the beginning. Another 100,000 years or so later, when the protostar has gathered all the gas that it can, it becomes a very hot ball of gas called a T Tauri star. It still doesn't have enough mass, and hence pressure, to begin internal nuclear fusion, even though it can appear as bright as a regular star.

It's going to take gravity around another 100 million years to collapse the T Tauri to the point where it's core can begin nuclear fusion. This is the point at which you can say that the star is 'born'.

Should you not be out watching those meteors?

Jim44
12-08-2010, 09:08 PM

Byrne better get a move on then or the season'll be over before he can say 'Bayview'.

.Sean.
12-08-2010, 09:08 PM
:hilarious

Kyle A
12-08-2010, 09:09 PM

:greengrin

sahib
12-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Not if you ask me.

Who asked you?

down-the-slope
12-08-2010, 09:26 PM
He could do worse than learn from Crawford....as I said previously hope he does a Kenny Miller...who went to Stenny banging them in playing against men in tough league and came back and just carried on in top league

Delboy*
12-08-2010, 09:28 PM

Can u please start up ur own thread where u explain all of the things that dudes like me have no scooby about..........

Kyle A
12-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Can u please start up ur own thread where u explain all of the things that dudes like me have no scooby about..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

there ya go :greengrin

CraigHibee
12-08-2010, 09:54 PM

move over patrick moore :wink:

id love to see byrne do well, heres hoping he comes back a better player, defo think the loan move will do him good

random sub
12-08-2010, 10:23 PM
by the time Byrne becomes a star his contract with Hibs will be up

Sloppy
12-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Kurtis Byrne, is that Johns brother?

Davy Mac
12-08-2010, 10:27 PM
by the time Byrne becomes a star his contract with Hibs will be up

Aye and then Sellick come along and take him away from this hell that is Hibs :greengrin

sleeping giant
12-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I like Kurtis. Nice laddie who seemed chuffed that i'd asked him to sign my boys top at a hibs kids thing at east mains:greengrin

Hope he bangs a few in over the next few months.

Did Deek get recalled from loan when he was younger ? Scored a bucket load IIRC.

Mibbes Aye
12-08-2010, 10:57 PM

:agree:

Which is what yer East Mains was built to do, just a bit faster :wink:

I mean c'mon - all those unexplained additional hectares??? Perfect for constructing some sort of nuclear fusion 'hothouse' that rapidly progresses the likes of Byrne from promising youngster to genuine celestial body.

Stantons Angel
12-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Good to hear something positive being said about Kurtis. He is a smashing laddie and has his feet on the ground. This loan spell will hopefully help bring him to Yogis attention again.
Like all youngsters he is desperate to play football. He is loving being on the park again and scoring the goals.
He will do well to heed what Stevie tells him as he too was a tremendous striker.

Good luck Kurtis and keep banging them in!

If i remember correctly Derek was recalled from Cowdenbeath where Keith and Mickey were in charge, by Alex Miller. He had just started banging in the goals for them when Miller decided it was time for him to do it for Hibs.:greengrin

sleeping giant
12-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Good to hear something positive being said about Kurtis. He is a smashing laddie and has his feet on the ground. This loan spell will hopefully help bring him to Yogis attention again.
Like all youngsters he is desperate to play football. He is loving being on the park again and scoring the goals.
He will do well to heed what Stevie tells him as he too was a tremendous striker.

If i remember correctly Derek was recalled from Cowdenbeath where Keith and Mickey were in charge, by Alex Miller. He had just started banging in the goals for them when Miller decided it was time for him to do it for Hibs.:greengrin

Couldny have been Alex Miller shirly ??? Deeks no that auld :greengrin

Kyle A
13-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Couldny have been Alex Miller shirly ??? Deeks no that auld :greengrin

made his debut in 2001 so it was under Mcleish or Sauzee.

went to cowdenbeath in 2003 scoring 3 goals in 2 games so it was Williamson who recalled him

rainman
13-08-2010, 01:39 AM
made his debut in 2001 so it was under Mcleish or Sauzee.

went to cowdenbeath in 2003 scoring 3 goals in 2 games so it was Williamson who recalled him

McLeish.

He was re-called because Luna was sold and we were short ostrikers.

Now that I think about it, it could've been Sauzee.

Or Blobby.

FRes Hibbie
13-08-2010, 01:39 AM

Alex Miller left Hibs in 1996, Derek Riordan is 27 years old, if Deek was recalled by Miller it would have to have been prior to the 30th of September 1996 (the date Miller left), at which point Deek was 13 years old.

That was SOME effort for him to have made a success of his loan move at such a tender age. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
13-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the History lesson boys... think it was Williamson who recalled him.
So many posts correcting me and yet not agreeing with each other. It goes to show we were all a bit confused on that one.

However the post was about Kurtis, who will also be a top class player for Hibs if given the chance.

Enjoy the season ahead and keep smiling all of you!:bye:

matty_f
13-08-2010, 07:26 AM
I always thought Kurtis had the potential to make it at Hibs, and the loan move might work out great for him. He's a very talented player, with a great 'football brain', and is a really nice, down to earth guy as well.

I hope he gets the break he deserves at Hibs and proves himself at this level, because he certainly deserves it.

pentlando
13-08-2010, 08:09 AM
With the scrapping of the reserve league sending players older than 19 out on loan is the only way for clubs these days to give them any sort of competitive football if they're not first choice. I'm sure any sort of semi-serious injury between now and january to any striker he'll be recalled.

Andy74
13-08-2010, 08:13 AM
I don't really see it with Byrne but hope to be proved wrong.

ahibby
13-08-2010, 08:59 AM
I think he has enough skill and ability to be a Hibs player. He is also more intelligent than your average striker which in my book coupled with the skill he has makes him a valuable asset. It is all about getting the break though at his age and you wonder with the likes of Kenny Miller and others breaking in to the first team at around the age of 17 years, well you just wonder.

Hibs On Tour
13-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Saw him [and the rest of the team] play in the U19 cup game the year before last in Dingwall. He was a stand out - along with Currie and Spoony IIRC. Didn't score that night [was one of the few who didn't LOL] but did everything but - bar, post, just over, just wide, plenty of good saves from keeper. Important part was that he didn't stop trying or believing he would score. He returned home still pissed off he hadn't scored which for me is a great trait for a striker to have. They all need that wee bit of selfishness and arrogance - the latter he showed also at the U19 cup final that year after scoring the winner when he ran to the Hibs fans and bowed!

Definitely knows the way to goal and if he gets a chance he can hopefully prove it. Agree with the other poster that getting the young lads out into a tough league to bulk up and get used to a higher level is required in most cases before hitting our first team.

GGTTH

J-C
13-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Kurtis Byrne, is that Johns brother?

Nah, the son of Jason Byrne but not as funny, unless you like to laugh at the fact that he, his dad and Steve Crawford thinks he's a star.

Hattrick Baker
13-08-2010, 11:12 AM

:greengrin

Musselbound
13-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Good to hear some positive news about Byrne as it had all gone a bit quiet there. Big steup up obviously from the second division to the SPL but if he can do well ther and get his confidence up he may save Hibs some money in the long run. Still think we could do with another forward while he is on loan however.

I'm virtually certain that it was Sauzee who gave Riordan his debut.

Craigyno1
13-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Was speaking to Scott Crabbe tonight (East Fife assistant manager), and he said he was outstanding in the midweek game, and when they saw him in training he was put straight in the team. Hopefully bangs in the goals and comes back a better player for it :thumbsup:

fatbloke
13-08-2010, 10:23 PM

I think he has been hit by one:greengrin