PDA

View Full Version : The 6-6 game

sunshine1875
12-08-2010, 08:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8909199.stm

Looking back some fantastic goals and shocking defending by both teams. Hibs at their very best and very worst.

Would settle for a drab 0-1 win for the Hibs this time.

deeks01
13-08-2010, 12:21 AM
hoping for the same again , only half decent and exciting game of the season! yes there were some mistakes but that was because both teams went for it and wanted goals , what footballs about imo! :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
13-08-2010, 05:20 AM
hoping for the same again , only half decent and exciting game of the season! yes there were some mistakes but that was because both teams went for it and wanted goals , what footballs about imo! :greengrin

Disagree. Thought Hibs went for it until we hit the 6th, then bottled it BIG time.

hibbymark
13-08-2010, 06:44 AM
The worst thing about the 6 - 6 game watching it back there is how bad smith was. A truly horrendous goalkeeping performance.Im murder in goals i.e you have to be good to hit me! but watching him makes me worried about sunday tbh.

Speedway
13-08-2010, 09:02 AM
I am still convinced to this day that players took bungs in that game.

Edit: Just watch Lightyear falling over for Mother's 4th, his inexplicable penalty give away and subsequent indicating to the player which way he was going to dive before the ball was put straight to him.

Maybe he's just a very poor goalkeeper, but that sequence of events was amazing.

Stevie Reid
13-08-2010, 10:33 AM
As much as throwing away such a lead was awful, when you break it down, we won the first half 4-2, and Motherwell won the second half 4-2. Smith's unbelievably poor performance was the key to the defeat.

We should rightly be confident of scoring more at the weekend, we have hit 6 there twice in recent seasons, as well as 3 in our other visit last season, and four in our only visit the season before.

Hibs Class
13-08-2010, 01:07 PM
The worst thing about the 6 - 6 game watching it back there is how bad smith was. A truly horrendous goalkeeping performance.Im murder in goals i.e you have to be good to hit me! but watching him makes me worried about sunday tbh.

And the best thing was probably just how good Nish was

BEEJ
13-08-2010, 06:20 PM
As much as throwing away such a lead was awful, when you break it down, we won the first half 4-2, and Motherwell won the second half 4-2. Smith's unbelievably poor performance was the key to the defeat.
Watching it again there, Hibs were just the support act in a 12 goal thriller.

All the plaudits go to the team that clawed their way back from 6-2 down in the last 30 minutes or so of the match. And rightly so.