PDA

View Full Version : How many points wll we finish ahead of them....

Kevvy1875
12-08-2010, 06:05 PM
The Yams have their usual pre-season delusions upon them as you can see.....

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/77440-ten-points-clear/

But what do we think?

Hibs to finish as least 6 clear of that manky mob for me. We have slightly improved our First XI with De Graff and Hart coming in for me despite the percieved shortcoming of other players I think we will have a decent season and certainly better than the Yams.

They are getting excited and pulling eachothers plodgers over 2 journeymen strikers who will improve them in that dept. They forget they have also lost 3 of their best players in Goncalves, Kingston and Stewart and would actually say that their starting XI is slightly weaker for this.

For those of you who dont want to hit the link for ourstandwasbuilt100yearsback it basically says that they are gonna finish 10pts ahead of us AT LEAST and the usual Yamology that goes with this kind of delusional behaviour.

I remember they had a similar thread last year....don't think that will be in their classics vault:agree:

Lofarl
12-08-2010, 06:08 PM
If memory serves correct. The general consensus over in yamboland was that the Gorgie boys would finish 18 points ahead of us peg selling junkies.

Kevvy1875
12-08-2010, 06:11 PM
If memory serves correct. The general consensus over in yamboland was that the Gorgie boys would finish 18 points ahead of us peg selling junkies.

Yeah, something like that number. Clearly scaling down expectations this season:greengrin

Im a Gypsy Peg Selling Junky of no fixed abode btw...get it right:grr:

Hamish
12-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Probably about 4-8 points ahead of us I reckon

Nando™
12-08-2010, 06:16 PM
They will finish above us...

Hibs Class
12-08-2010, 06:22 PM
They will finish above us...

Definitely. If I was a betting man I'd put cash on them splitting the OF. They've just had their best transfer window since 2006, apparently.

Hibby Bairn
12-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Where did this 3 go to?

Hainan Hibs
12-08-2010, 06:28 PM
You would have thought they would have learnt their lesson after embarrassing themselves with such a thread last year.

judas
12-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Probably about 4-8 points ahead of us I reckon

Sorry to say, I agree with you. I predict 10 points though.

Fantic
12-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Hearts will get relegated this season FACT!!!!

DCI Gene Hunt
12-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Fannys. :rolleyes:

One scoffs with much amusement at such ludicrous unintellectual pish. :blah:

Gene Genie

Kyle A
12-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Hearts will win the league by at leat 30 points clear of everyone else, be awarded the champions league title for the sheer amount of goals those 2 world class stikers will score. All this while saving the world again by going to fight and win in every war zone from afghanistan to zanzibar. Romanov for peace prize

Phil D. Rolls
12-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Yam progress depends on whether they can keep FJK for the full season. I regret to say, that if we don't turn our form around, then we will be so p*sh that even they will finish above us. :boo hoo:

Hibbyradge
12-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Hearts will probably split the Old Firm, if not win the league.

Why do I say this?

Er...

lyonhibs
12-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Are all Edinburgh football fans afflicted with the same incapacity to learn from bitter experience? Whichever way it goes - FJK is a tosser, bt an experienced and pragmatic SPL manager, sumthing which Yogi is seemingly not - there won't be more than 6 points in it.

Hibbyradge
12-08-2010, 10:02 PM

California-Hibs
12-08-2010, 10:05 PM
We'll finish about 8 points above that pathetic pink lot

SRHibs
12-08-2010, 10:09 PM
We'll be miles ahead of them by Christmas - after our unbeaten run beginning on day 1. At the end of the season we'll be about 5 points in front of them after losing our last 15 games.

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Very difficult to say at the moment. I think most of us agree that Hearts will be stronger, perhaps not personnel wise, but better organised, and thus capable of grinding out dull 1-0 wins against other dour teams in a tedious, eye-bleeding series of performances. This will be enough to keep the soulless, bean-counting coalition of petty suburban bores and white trash morons who make up their support reasonable happy, and susceptible to next pack of compliance-inducing lies spouted by the regime.

Hibs are the great imponderable. Last season was a season of two halves and we can't agree amongst ourselves as to where we're at. Have we learned the lessons of the post Feb slump, or are we still right in the middle of it? Have we strengthened or not, and if so, to what degree?

I believe we have glaring, exploitable weaknesses, that we haven't quite addressed. This isn't unique, every team in the SPL does. However, I think its teams with fewer weaknesses rather than attacking strengths, which tend to do the best over the season.

The Hibs of Aug 09-Feb10 - 10 points ahead of Yams
The Hibs of Feb10 - ? - 10 points behind Yams

Ritchie
13-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Yam progress depends on whether they can keep FJK for the full season. I regret to say, that if we don't turn our form around, then we will be so p*sh that even they will finish above us. :boo hoo:

if even you are admitting it then my worry deepens. :boo hoo:

i hate to say but i think they will have a good season.... what they were lacking was goals... they now have a couple of big strikers who know where the goal is! :grr:

The_Todd
13-08-2010, 08:25 AM
It blew up in their faces last year, and it seems they haven't learnt. I seem to recall that one trumpet thought "If Hibs have a really, really good year they'll only finish 5 or 6 points behind".

Long live their delusions of mediocrity.

allezsauzee
13-08-2010, 08:56 AM
i think we should just be grateful that we're allowed to play in the same league as them.....well until the last 5 games where they'll concentrate on gubbing the likes of Killie and Hamilton