PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell Away Announcement

Hibs12thMan
12-08-2010, 02:55 PM
With it being a 12:00 kick off and all that there are no arrangements for the Hibs 12th Man Singing Section to meet up before hand.

So all the singers who are going are asked to meet at the right of the stadium as you enter, nearest to Motherwell’s shed.

For future away games, particularly those played at a reasonable time on a reasonable day, the Hibs 12th Man Singing Section hopes to nominate a pub or club [where the Police don’t nominate one for us] where the Singing Section can meet and greet each other for a lemonade or two before the match. If Jack has anything to do with it you’ll be complimenting each other on a great vocal extravaganza at the previous match!

Your thoughts on which pub / club at each of the SPL grounds would be appreciated and also suggest an area the Singing Section should occupy at each ground.

In our regular announcements we would also like to include details of supporters buses that are running. If you run a bus, or know someone who does, please [ask them to] get in touch. The Hibs 12th Man will then advertise these buses and hopefully get them filled with new away supporters.

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2010, 04:01 PM
With it being a 12:00 kick off and all that there are no arrangements for the Hibs 12th Man Singing Section to meet up before hand.

So all the singers who are going are asked to meet at the right of the stadium as you enter, nearest to Motherwell’s shed.

For future away games, particularly those played at a reasonable time on a reasonable day, the Hibs 12th Man Singing Section hopes to nominate a pub or club [where the Police don’t nominate one for us] where the Singing Section can meet and greet each other for a lemonade or two before the match. If Jack has anything to do with it you’ll be complimenting each other on a great vocal extravaganza at the previous match!

Your thoughts on which pub / club at each of the SPL grounds would be appreciated and also suggest an area the Singing Section should occupy at each ground.

In our regular announcements we would also like to include details of supporters buses that are running. If you run a bus, or know someone who does, please [ask them to] get in touch. The Hibs 12th Man will then advertise these buses and hopefully get them filled with new away supporters.

With regards to the last paragragh, the buses running are advertised on the travel forum, this has been done for a while now........

Jack
12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
With regards to the last paragragh, the buses running are advertised on the travel forum, this has been done for a while now........

Just another outlet/reminder Baldy, not everyone reads here or the Bounce – catch the stragglers! :agree:

jon paul jones
13-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Alright,

Sorry lads. Boss man has shunted me for this weekend and Im working back to back shllifts. Will be in the singing section for Der Hun......and for the whole season.

Phil D. Rolls
13-08-2010, 08:58 AM
http://www.childofthe1980s.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/sorry-ronnie-corbett.jpg

Timothy was finding it hard to convince his Mum that The 12th Man initiative was nothing to do with bovver boots or football casuals.

RIP
13-08-2010, 09:46 AM
http://www.childofthe1980s.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/sorry-ronnie-corbett.jpg

Timothy was finding it hard to convince his Mum that The 12th Man initiative was nothing to do with bovver boots or football casuals.

The Hibs12thMan initiative has been infiltrated by a mini-Yam? :greengrin

JonPaul - Like you I won't be there but a few of our group will be. See ya in row DD, S43 for the Huns :thumbsup:

Matty_Jack04
13-08-2010, 09:58 AM

Great stuff mate i was wondering how this singing section was getting on. :thumbsup:

wee question though, I have not purchased a season ticket this year and cant make the first 2 games due to work commitments, is there pay at the gate space in the singing section at easter road or have season ticket holders took available space? cheers for the info if you have it

:notworthy:

Hibs12thMan
13-08-2010, 11:10 AM
We believe the area around the Singing Section has a number of unallocated seats set aside for this very thing. There will be a gate, or a couple of gates, set aside for walk ups wanting to join the Singing Section.

We are also led to believe they will be clearly signposted.

Of course, for Rangers and other big matches, all this could present a problem in that Singing Section ‘walk ups’ who pre-order their tickets from the ticket office, i.e. all the Singing Section non season ticket holder wannabes, who get tickets could fill up the ‘reserved’ area before the match.

… and FR please be assured the Hibs 12th Man will be doing all it can to distance itself from bovver boots or football casuals.

It is dedicated to promoting a welcoming atmosphere at Easter Road for all Hibs supporters. After reading some of the posts on these forums this week we appreciate we may have our work cut out but we will make every effort to make this happen.

If you, or anyone else, would like to become part of the team of supporters who are working at how this can be achieved you will be made more than welcome.

Finally, should have said it earlier, have a great season everyone – its FANtastic to be a Hibee.

Glory! Glory!

Hibs 12th Man

J

Phil D. Rolls
13-08-2010, 11:52 AM
The Hibs12thMan initiative has been infiltrated by a mini-Yam? :greengrin

JonPaul - Like you I won't be there but a few of our group will be. See ya in row DD, S43 for the Huns :thumbsup:

Curses, it'll take more than a green tie for undercover Yams to fool the 12th Man.:grr:

… and FR please be assured the Hibs 12th Man will be doing all it can to distance itself from bovver boots or football casuals.

I know, I'm just wistful for a different age that's all. Enjoy yourselves and I expect to hear lots of noise!

marinello59
13-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I hope there is a big turnout of LOUD singers for this on Sunday. (Tuneful singers may be to much to hope for.:greengrin)
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

hibeedonald
13-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I hope there is a big turnout of LOUD singers for this on Sunday. (Tuneful singers may be to much to hope for.:greengrin)

is this singing thing gonna be in the lower or upper though tier?

Keith_M
13-08-2010, 01:43 PM
is this singing thing gonna be in the lower or upper though tier?

Maybe if you meet them there HD then follow them in.

FWIW, sitting nearer the back of any stand increases the noise generated, so I'd go for the upper tier. Simple acoustics an all that.

RIP
13-08-2010, 02:58 PM
It is dedicated to promoting a welcoming atmosphere at Easter Road for all Hibs supporters. After reading some of the posts on these forums this week we appreciate we may have our work cut out but we will make every effort to make this happen.

That's great news!

The Griffin at Carlisle was going great guns for an hour before the match until a couple of "silly wee boys" started wi their "Edinburgh is Wonderful" racist pash. None had colours on so we can't even be sure they were Hibbies. My mate Al is a hardcore Jambo and says their away games are also infiltrated by this BNP muck.

Thing is - they think no-one will pull them up. Maybe this needs to change?

Stew the Hibee
13-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe if you meet them there HD then follow them in.

FWIW, sitting nearer the back of any stand increases the noise generated, so I'd go for the upper tier. Simple acoustics an all that.

Really? I'd always thought that if you were to go lower down then with it being closer to the pitch etc then it would be louder for the players? Whererever the 12th Man go, let's give it laldy!!!!

LancashireHibby
13-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Really? I'd always thought that if you were to go lower down then with it being closer to the pitch etc then it would be louder for the players? Whererever the 12th Man go, let's give it laldy!!!!

The sounds don't travel as well across the stand if they're started down near the front, as those further back can't hear them.

I'd be surprised if the upper tier is opened on Sunday anyway?

hibeedonald
14-08-2010, 10:34 AM
The sounds don't travel as well across the stand if they're started down near the front, as those further back can't hear them.

I'd be surprised if the upper tier is opened on Sunday anyway?

nah its not, i checked the website, so on the right towards of lower tier towards the back it is:thumbsup:

Matty_Jack04
14-08-2010, 11:14 AM
That's great news!

The Griffin at Carlisle was going great guns for an hour before the match until a couple of "silly wee boys" started wi their "Edinburgh is Wonderful" racist pash. None had colours on so we can't even be sure they were Hibbies. My mate Al is a hardcore Jambo and says their away games are also infiltrated by this BNP muck.

Thing is - they think no-one will pull them up. Maybe this needs to change?

shouldnt be tolerated IMO problem is no-one wants the confrontation caused by pulling these people up, just hope the rest of the 12th man supporters crank the volume to drown it out.

Jonnyboy
14-08-2010, 07:26 PM

Well I'll be in amongst them and I can sing really LOUDLY :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
14-08-2010, 07:36 PM
'mon then :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL!

Alex Trager
14-08-2010, 07:49 PM
how do you join this then, since noone has been bothered to reply to me

Ed De Gramo
14-08-2010, 07:49 PM
how do you join this then, since noone has been bothered to reply to me

you turn up :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alex Trager
14-08-2010, 08:06 PM
you turn up :thumbsup::thumbsup:
where?

Ed De Gramo
14-08-2010, 08:06 PM
where?

Tomorrow's meet will be there.....:thumbsup:

hibeedonald
14-08-2010, 08:13 PM
where?

on the right side if your facing the pitch, at the back. me and my dad will be there :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
15-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Remember, variety is the name of the game. Got all the songs sung and not just Hail Hail about 8 times, in 10 mins :wink:

RIP
15-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Gutted that I couldn't make it today

What was the singing like?

Did we manage to stand up or were we asked to sit down?
Did we sing when we went one down or did we lose our bottle?
How many different songs did we sing?
Any negatives such as dodgy songs or player abuse from the drama queens?

How is it looking for next week?

Carheenlea
15-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Didn`t sound any different from any other game - nothing during a disappointing first half, better atmosphere 2nd half when the team performed better.

12th man group or n 12th man group, it`s how the game pans out on the park which determines how good or bad the atmosphere is and whether or not the fans are in the mood for a chant or 2.

Atmosphere was pretty flat all round really, even the goal celebrations. A lot to do with a noon KO to be fair though.

.Sean.
15-08-2010, 08:54 PM

I tried standing as long as possible, but the guy behind me insisted I sat down - Even after we had just scored the third.

Bottle was most definately lost. Hibs fans very rarely sing when we're behind. They seem to get on the backs of the players instead.

About the only three songs we ever seem to sing.

Fair bit of abuse dished out to the usual scapegoats. Stokes misplaces a pass and it's 'hard lines, Stokesy'. Nish misplaces a pass and it's 'get that useless **** tae **** Yogi, he's *****'.

Hope that clears it up!

Next week should be a cracker. Huns at hame and first game in the new East... I wouldnae expect anything less than a good atmosphere :agree:

RIP
15-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks Sean

We need a group of singers with more balls - that sing when we are losing, drawing or winning

Folk that know 20 songs off by heart

A few lead singers

Supporters - not spectators

Get the screaming jessies tae **** - they spoil our enjoyment

We have a top training centre, a top team - time we had a top support. The team will have it's ups and downs but at least we supporters will be there willing them on :thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
17-08-2010, 01:43 PM
In defence of the singers at Fir Park the other day (me being one)...

We stuck to the 3 or 4 we knew because there was nobody else joining in....(even when we were 3-1 up) :boo hoo::grr:

Think we've all been in a position where you go to start a song, and you find your the only one singing....thats why different songs weren't belted out (although Huckleberry tried his best :greengrin)

as Delia Smith once said: 'lets be 'aving you!' :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
17-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Keep plugging away and eventually more and more people will realise where to head for some atmosphere and it'll start spreading elsewhere.