PDA

View Full Version : One of the worst pieces of Journalism ever?

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Biggest non-story in history? (http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/murray-s-dig-at-the-hibs-1.1047619?)

lyonhibs
12-08-2010, 12:52 PM
:faf::faf:

I'm sure the entire Murray "coach hiring" process is geared towards ensuring the successfull applicant is anything, ANYTHING but a Hibs fan. Heaven forbid.

As I understand it, Murray had a sleepless night before his Wimbledon QF, purely down to this very conundrum.

Clearly an extraordinarily slow news day for that Weegie rag.

In saying that, someone will doubtless get themselves into a lather about this on JKB, under the heading "Hobo celebrity fan hates them", bodyswerving the fact that Stephen Hendry, when asked about his footballing allegiances, apparently replied:

"Hearts??? Who???"

Dunbar Hibee
12-08-2010, 12:53 PM
WTF:faf:

robinp
12-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Biggest non-story in history? (http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/murray-s-dig-at-the-hibs-1.1047619?)

The whole story (if you could call it that) had me saying WTF the whole way through. Do you think the Journo just wrote 3 or 4 totally unrelated paragraphs and called it a story?

I've read it 3 times now and it seems to make less and less sense to me each time! :faf:

H18sry
12-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Full story from where the weedgie press stole the quote http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/7937098/Andy-Murray-happy-to-be-his-own-man-for-the-time-being.html :wink:

monktonharp
12-08-2010, 01:20 PM
The whole story (if you could call it that) had me saying WTF the whole way through. Do you think the Journo just wrote 3 or 4 totally unrelated paragraphs and called it a story?

I've read it 3 times now and it seems to make less and less sense to me each time! :faf: I think the journo is about 3 or 4 years old:rolleyes:

--------
12-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Full story from where the weedgie press stole the quote http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/7937098/Andy-Murray-happy-to-be-his-own-man-for-the-time-being.html :wink:

:agree:

So, with no shortlist drawn up and no plans to start looking for a new coach in the immediate future, Murray is content to go it alone. All he has decided is that he will not be looking for a fellow Hibernian fan to fill the vacant position.

"I don't think there's too many of them about anyway, so no, I'm not looking for a Hibs fan," he said with a grin. That, at least, narrows the search down a little.

We must remember that many Weegies have serious difficulty with words of more than four letters.

LancashireHibby
12-08-2010, 01:24 PM
The most feeble attempt at keeping up a story quota as I've ever seen!

MacBean
12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I don’t think there’s too many of them about anyway.

LTYF!!! :grr::grr:

Worse piece of Journo! so pointless!! Can't believe someone would even ask Andy Murray that in an interview!!

Baader
12-08-2010, 02:49 PM
That's an appalling piece of writing. Whoever penned that should really look for a career somewhere else. No wonder they left their name off it.

Being the ET, I'm surprised they did not add that "Murray, however, made no mention of ruling out a Celtic or Rangers supporting coach"...

LancashireHibby
12-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Being the ET, I'm surprised they did not add that "Murray, however, made no mention of ruling out a Celtic or Rangers supporting coach"...
Well he didn't rule it out, did he? :duck:

Zondervan
12-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Think the original article was in The Express yesterday, and every other has just re-hashed it today:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/192459/Andy-Murray-s-new-coach-a-Hibs-fan-Just-forget-it

It is not that Murray, a long-suffering follower of Edinburgh football club Hibs, does not want a fellow devotee to work with him. It is just that he fears he may be searching for a needle in a haystack if he looks for a man who can guide him towards his first Grand Slam title and who can also discuss Scottish football in minute detail. “No, I am not looking for a Hibs fan,” said Murray with a chuckle as he sat in the players’ lounge at the Rogers Cup here. “I don’t think there’s too many of them about anyway.” Jokes aside, Murray is remarkably relaxed about his current problem.

Evening Times is probably the worst paper out there, even worse than the ******. Someone should put their "journos" on a context training course.

BEEJ
12-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Think the original article was in The Express yesterday, and every other has just re-hashed it today:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/192459/Andy-Murray-s-new-coach-a-Hibs-fan-Just-forget-it

[I]It is not that Murray, a long-suffering follower of Edinburgh football club Hibs, does not want a fellow devotee to work with him. It is just that he fears he may be searching for a needle in a haystack if he looks for a man who can guide him towards his first Grand Slam title and who can also discuss Scottish football in minute detail.
Do you think it's possible that the poster on here that goes by the name of Long Suffering could possibly be ..........(drum-roll) .........

..... ANDY MURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

:scarf: :rockin:

Zorro
12-08-2010, 06:46 PM
I've read that about five or six times now, and every time it reads to me like some dodgy piece of spam email sent by someone pertaining to be a "reliable lawyer in Nigeria". Or a spam email that tried to evade your spam filter by putting together random words (actually they can both be better written and more interesting than this!) It is lacking in so much that is basic to journalism. It is lacking in so much basic that is to storytelling. It is lacking in so much that is basic to communication in the English language.

I actually find it hypnotising in its blatant awfulness. I can't quite believe it was ever published.

ginger_rice
12-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Don't forget he's in Canada.And he probably meant that there aren't many Hib's fans who are tennis coaches qualified to coach him in Canada or anywhere else for that matter!Rather than there aren't many fans ...:agree:

My thoughts exactly, how many top class tennis coaches tend to spent their saturdays at the Leith San Siro :dunno:

BTW interesting user name does it translate into A Crusher?

Phil D. Rolls
12-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Can't believe none of you have heard of Katie Price - this is Pulitzer Prize winning stuff compared to what they write about her. (eh......so I've heard)

Hibbyradge
12-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Booooooooooo Murray.

Get a Hibs.net coach.

We know everything. :agree:

steviecarnie
12-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I've already seen a yam post this on facebook already with a ridiculous "Andy Murray slags hibs" status update

lyonhibs
12-08-2010, 09:49 PM
the quoted above status update surprises me not one bit. Morons

ginger_rice
13-08-2010, 09:16 AM
A Crusher?? You've got me there :confused:

Have sent you a PM