PDA

View Full Version : NHC Capello bins Beckham via the press

(((Fergus)))
12-08-2010, 12:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8906692.stm

Beckham would walk along the M8 barefoot to play for England, yet this saboteur/imposter treats him like dirt.

bighairyfaeleith
12-08-2010, 12:14 PM
hardly treats him like dirt. He's quite right that beckham is too old and that the younger players should get there chance. Beckham aint going to feature at the euros so shy play him now?

Anyway, **** england, there ****!!!

--------
12-08-2010, 12:18 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8906692.stm

Beckham would walk along the M8 barefoot to play for England, yet this saboteur/imposter treats him like dirt.

And why should we be upset about this? :cool2:

(((Fergus)))
12-08-2010, 12:19 PM
sorry but telling a player of beckham's stature and commitment that his international career is over THROUGH THE PRESS is the act of an arrogant ersehole and/or coward.

not that i'm complaining, capello is the ideal man for the england job :thumbsup:

InchHibby
12-08-2010, 12:21 PM
If he walks along the M8 he would still have to get the train at Waverley to London.:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
12-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Is he walking barefoot because those nasty weegies stole his real italian leather shoes:confused:

Holmesdale Hibs
12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm not a fan of Beckham's but depite his faults, his loyalty to his national team should be commended. Should have been treated better IMO and this will not help moral in the squad.

'Mon the Hibs
12-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Capello is a coward and it seems to me he is deliberately trying to lose the dressing room in order to get a pay off to leave the national team. He won't walk, and he won't get sacked, but he will get £XXmillion payoff.

Anyways, who cares. England are pi$h

--------
12-08-2010, 12:43 PM
sorry but telling a player of beckham's stature and commitment that his international career is over THROUGH THE PRESS is the act of an arrogant ersehole and/or coward.

not that i'm complaining, capello is the ideal man for the england job :thumbsup:

That's OK. Just wanted to be reassured you weren't complaining.

IMHO, Capello's doing a WONDERFUL job. :thumbsup:

(((Fergus)))
12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
That's OK. Just wanted to be reassured you weren't complaining.

IMHO, Capello's doing a WONDERFUL job. :thumbsup:

Not only is he doing a wonderful job, he is charging them 6 million a year for the trouble. I genuinely feel sorry for the kids who could be benefiting from this cash - my own being among them - but then it also ensures English failure for another generation.

--------
12-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Not only is he doing a wonderful job, he is charging them 6 million a year for the trouble. I genuinely feel sorry for the kids who could be benefiting from this cash - my own being among them - but then it also ensures English failure for another generation.

Yup - there's that to think about.

Beckham gets stick for his lifestyle more than anything - jealousy, maybe? - but he always comes over with a fair degree of decency and dignity when interviewed.

I agree he should have been treated with far more consideration - I think it's quite possible that Capello is indeed trying to work his ticket and get sacked rather than being forced to resign.

Looking at the results achieved by him and certain other big-name coaches in SA, it would seem to me that the FA should perhaps be looking for professional competence and dedication rather than celebrity status in making their next appointment.

They shoulda gone to Fulham and spoken to Roy Hodgson, IMO - but that chance has gone out the window now....

JimBHibees
12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
A ridiculous non-story IMO. Capello probably spoke to Beckham during the World cup and he was just reiterating it in the interview. All he said was that at 35 he may be too old and that he would prefer younger players especially with regard to the next major tournament being 2 years away. Seems to me Capello did nothing wrong and he is an easy scapegoat for England being found out for how good they really are at the World cup?

Hattrick Baker
12-08-2010, 03:58 PM
A ridiculous non-story IMO. Capello probably spoke to Beckham during the World cup and he was just reiterating it in the interview. All he said was that at 35 he may be too old and that he would prefer younger players especially with regard to the next major tournament being 2 years away. Seems to me Capello did nothing wrong and he is an easy scapegoat for England being found out for how good they really are at the World cup?

Exactly, although the players got stick, they still actually blame Capello.

I mean c'mon it can't really be the players fault, never is, time after time it happens, but you cannot blame the players after all they are the best in the world, i mean that Messi guy, he couldn't lace Joe Coles boots:faf:

They have to have someone to blame:blah:

steviecarnie
12-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Becks has reiterated today that he has not/will not retire from international duty and will if required help his country again,

The Silver Fox
12-08-2010, 04:16 PM
When Beckham's achilles tendon snapped, that effectively ended his England career. I would agree totally with Capello but I would think he should have been told privately.

Would be nice to see him come on for 30 mins in an England shirt once more to say cheerio. He is without doubt the best passer and crosser of a ball I have ever seen play the game. For all the celebrity HooHaa he never let it interfere with fitness or preperation.