PDA

View Full Version : OF targets - realistic or to appease their fans?

Hibs On Tour
12-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Rangers - Beattie from Stoke
Celtic - Bellamy from Man City

Can they afford them realistically? Is it just fodder to keep the fans happy before they announce that the deals fell through [like Eagles and BGS]?

If they do get them in, unfortunately both will likely do well up here for them... hope its bluff and bluster tho!

bighairyfaeleith
12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Rangers - Beattie from Stoke
Celtic - Bellamy from Man City

Can they afford them realistically? Is it just fodder to keep the fans happy before they announce that the deals fell through [like Eagles and BGS]?

If they do get them in, unfortunately both will likely do well up here for them... hope its bluff and bluster tho!

beattie for gers is so laughable I'm not even going to comment
Bellamy for celtic, no way they could match his salary

The old firm have one foot firmly in the grave, lets kick the smelly ***** in

Moody Mulder
12-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Bellamy for celtic, no way they could match his salary

The old firm have one foot firmly in the grave, lets kick the smelly ***** in

Agreed, typical newspaper talk to keep both half of the smellies buying their toilet roll, the old firm are in terminal decline but try tellling their fans that !!

LancashireHibby
12-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Beattie wouldn't actually surprise me, at least as a loan deal.

Maybe Bellamy will play for free because he's "always dreamed of playing for Celtic" etc etc etc :bye:

Dashing Bob S
12-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Beattie wouldn't actually surprise me, at least as a loan deal.

Maybe Bellamy will play for free because he's "always dreamed of playing for Celtic" etc etc etc :bye:

Next thing you know it'll be Hartley for Hearts.

Jack
12-08-2010, 01:54 PM
It will be Stokes or Bamba to der hun next week :rolleyes:

DCI Gene Hunt
12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
The weegies have to get at least one big-name signing in, lest their fans turn angry. Keeps the angry mob at bay, at least for a while. :chop:

Gene Genie

PeterboroHibee
12-08-2010, 02:11 PM
If Spurs are interested in Bellamy, dont see why he would want to go to Celtic; good chance for them to get to the group stages of the CL, whereas Celtic have a good chance of going out.

Beattie to Rangers is a little bit more likely, not sure where they are getting all this money from though.

down-the-slope
12-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I could see Bellamy doing a Keane.....until getting a move in Jan. That keeps cost down for Celts and removes a problem for Man C

Would keep the deluded happy...he was great for them before as he is electric against SPL right backs

Hibs On Tour
12-08-2010, 02:47 PM
If Spurs are interested in Bellamy, dont see why he would want to go to Celtic; good chance for them to get to the group stages of the CL, whereas Celtic have a good chance of going out.

Beattie to Rangers is a little bit more likely, not sure where they are getting all this money from though.

100% is it not? :wink: Now Europa League, they still have a good chance of going out of that... :greengrin

Hattrick Baker
12-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I could see Bellamy doing a Keane.....until getting a move in Jan. That keeps cost down for Celts and removes a problem for Man C

Would keep the deluded happy...he was great for them before as he is electric against SPL right backs
It cost the manks £1million pounds loan deal plus £65,000 a week, never exactly kept the costs down, it was imo the biggest costliest desperate attempt to get fans on their side i have ever seen, and they made out they wanted to keep him, even after Keane said errr, no way am i staying here:faf: but the weegie rags dismiss that as if it didnt matter.:blah:

Captain Trips
12-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Beattie is likely as Stoke have just bought Kenwyn Jones.

Hibs On Tour
12-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Beattie is likely as Stoke have just bought Kenwyn Jones.

Plus Beattie has been wanting away since he fell out with Pulis last season apparently...

DH1875
12-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Plus Beattie has been wanting away since he fell out with Pulis last season apparently...

Yip your right, they had a real bad fall out last year and Beattie hasn't been any where near the first team since. He would be a great signing for them and if they had the money for the croatian then they will have the money for him easy.

Not sure about Bellamy but did here he was thinking about returning back home to Cardiff as he has made his money and wants to be close to his kids. So if he is thinking about playing for Cardiff for next to nothing I wouldn't rule out a move to celtic.

The intresting rumour I've herd is that Shay Given will be at Celtic if he doesn't get the No1 jersey at Man City. Now that if true will win them the league.

Spudster
13-08-2010, 03:34 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8908183.stm

:shocked:

Hibs On Tour
13-08-2010, 08:26 PM
The intresting rumour I've herd is that Shay Given will be at Celtic if he doesn't get the No1 jersey at Man City. Now that if true will win them the league.

Given will be Man City No 1 so don't fret pet!

Bellamy is an interesting one. Was talking about not being wanted the other week and possibly retiring - or as you say going back to Cardiff for buttons. Celtic could defo afford him on loan for a season as McGreedy is now away...